Search found 565 matches

Return

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

heater31 wrote:Didn't see a ball of the last Test at Edgebaston but **** me England change their opening batsmen like we change Prime Ministers :shock:

Day 1 Headingley

England
19/1

Stoneman 10
Westley 0

Bring back Wayne Larkins!
by Grenville
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18

Big Phil wrote:Image

Where in the hell did you find a picture of Roy smiling?
by Grenville
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:
Big Phil wrote:This is floating around on social media...

The skater at the back is the SANFL app trying to keep up?

You can't see the SANFL app, it crashed at the start and never got back up.
by Grenville
Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whether or not we jag 5th the lads did the jumper proud today. Gutsy and full of heart.
by Grenville
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Tour of Bangladesh

Warner was UNLUCKY
Shit decision by Dar imo Looked too much doubt to me, Leg Sidish and Height. Ball tracker showing it was clipping
Dar just guessing and was rattled by the ball before when he inexplicably gave Warner out after smashing it into his pad.

Kawahja was just Dumb !!! Fact is he didnt even play a shot so should've / would've been called Dead Ball anyway so no point in running.
Just a brain Fade :oops:

Lyon unlucky as well with his LBW. Left arm around the wicket you need to straighten it up to get an LB imo. Basically slid straight on towards leg.
Long takes a guess and no benefit of the doubt and fires him. Always reckon might watchmen and lower order batsmen get the shit end of the stick with LBWs
Ball tracker shows its clipping.

Unless you have a Jason Gillespe in your team, i just dont see the point of using a Night watchman. :lol:
Good call JJ. Aussies seem to have a lot of umpires calls LBW decisions go against them on sub continent

It does seem that way doesn't it?

Jesus cry me a river boys. Maybe if you used your bat instead of getting hit on the pad all the time. You guys lose on the subcontinent for the same reason we do, because you cant play spin well.

Correct, dropkicks like Warner smell like roses on flat tracks and smell like dogshit when they have to apply themselves pn a tricky pitch.
by Grenville
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Predictions for SANFL Premiers

GMcG wrote:
VALE PARK wrote:Power reserves easily,for their first SANFuL flag.

the same side We beat a couple of weeks ago?

What the f*** would you know, you were the bloke a few weeks back who said the Bays would lose their last few games and we'd sneak into the 5......... um..... carry on then nothing to see here.
by Grenville
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another reason SANFL crowds are falling

Bugger half an hour, the five minute option ok?[/quote]
I told you once. Anyway, can't argue 'cause you haven't paid.[/quote]

You dirty whore.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lokan sacked

DOC wrote:They would be playing SBS football.

Short, Backwards and Sideways.

Spittle, Bile and Seagullry.?
by Grenville
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:All out 305. Lyon gets 7. Now we will see how much we have learnt on these pitches.

Would it be pessimistic of me to predict bugger all?
by Grenville
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:
Grenville wrote:That was an awful shot by Cartwright to get out.
Yep just prodded at it and paid the price. He was looking good too. Time for Wade to stand up and make a contribution to help build a lead. Can he do it??

For the long term benefit of Australian Test Cricket I hope not.
by Grenville
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Family Feud - "Name a type of box". None of the 8 on the board matched my answer.
by Grenville
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Week 2

Far harder at the contest all day just lacked a bit of polish. Missed too many easy goals and made too many skill errors, Sturt didn't and that's why they won. The lads fought hard to the end, all you can ask.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

GMcG wrote:I thought he was referring to CENTURION's Eric the Banner!!

No one would dare speak of Eric in such a tone.
by Grenville
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

amber_fluid wrote:
Grenville wrote:Jameson Black Barrel. Quite tasty.

That's one I haven't tried yet.
Is it much better than the cheaper Jamesons blended Irish whiskey?

Far superior product mate. Could only have a couple tonight but might have a decent lash tomorrow. $60 members offer at Dan's.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Pottering round outside whilst listening to ABC Grandstand. They're going all around the country to get scores and updates from local footy finals. Love listening to it every year, real footy people.
by Grenville
Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now it's going to be a postal vote that won't count.

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:Clearly Rudd Jnr bullied the homophobe by calling him a homophobe

Lucky you were there to witness and provide us with your judgement

I'm a tad more circumspect with Facebook news.

Don't mouth off Facebook Jimmy, it's the place to go if you want to find out who's just had a sandwich (60 likes).
by Grenville
Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAFC "Football Department Review"

Magellan wrote:
Grenville wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Get rid of Greg Edwards pronto!!!

The man is useless

Too one-eyed?

No, one one-eyed. ;)

For some reason I just imagined Greg Edwards, Jack Newton and the late Ollie Milburn playing a game of I spy.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

I must admit I often get on here and stir the SANFL faithful, but I am of the feeling too that it doesn't feel the same if the Magpies win circa 2014. Make no mistake Port Adelaide is Port Adelaide regardless of moniker IMO and I love the development it has given our AFL team, but would probably prefer the old system of the Mini draft on a SANFL level. Port by 26 points

On another note when are they going to drop the N in SANFL, hardly a national comp. American like with their World Series

A genuine Magpies side in the SANFL made for a better comp no doubt at all, unfortunately this pigcrap being paraded as a Magpies outfit just takes the piss and mocks the comp. Magpower by 32, Sturt to pay the price for selling out.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

I attended no matches in 2015, in 2016 I bit the bullet & renewed my sponsorship, I attended probably 9 or 10 matches, several of them I left at 1/2 time. The passion has died, due to 2 factors. The first is the style of "footy" being played, it's absolute garbage most of the time, more like basketball, don't try to win by attacking, try to win by keeping their score down. The main reason is the inclusion of the 2 AFL reserves sides. I'm pretty sure I'll not attend any more matches and if the Power reserves win, that will be it for me. The game I love, in the competition I loved, is ruined forever. When I held up my NO AFL IN THE SANFL banner (thanks to the Norwood supporters who helped me too) at Elizabeth Oval, during a CD v Norwood game in 2013, just 4 years ago, there must have been at least 5,000 people there, now we can't get 1,500 to a game. Thankyou very much to the SANFL, for selling out making an absolute mockery of their name, they don't give a stuff about the real SANFL.
BTW, I hope Sturt win.

I shook your hand and gave you a tenner for Eric when you got chucked out at the Ponderosa, if you want a sellout club to profit from their treachery give it back ya bastard! Bring back Eric!
by Grenville
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals - Week 1

Grenville wrote:
Grenville wrote:I see you're online Fester, what's your honest opinion on the Legs season?

Head back in the sand as expected.

Earth to Ostrich 69, please acknowledge.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: India v Australia 2017 5xODI 3xT20

Why did India play two spinners and we didn't play any?[/quote]Yeah I would of opened with Trav and have Cartwright in the middle order in the first match then drop him for Handscomb in last night's match. Or yeah open with Wade and that gives us the extra spot for a allrounder/bowler.

You mean frontline spinners? See intially I would of had Zampa and Agar in the same team.

My 11 for Sunday's match if Finch is not fit-
Warner
Head
Smith
Handscomb
Maxwell
Stoinis
Wade
Agar
Cummins
Coulter-Nile
Zampa/Richardson (Depending on conditions)

If Finch is fit-
Warner
Finch
Smith
Head
Maxwell/Handscomb
Stoinis
Wade/Handscomb (Wade is a dud with the bat and is an abortion of a keeper, Pete a chance to take the gloves?)
Agar
Cummins
Coulter-Nile
Zampa/Richardson[/quote]
by Grenville
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Q. wrote:Jason Cloke would be filthy with the MRP

Jason Cloke couldn't spell MRP.
by Grenville
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Said it a few pages back I just can't see how Richmond can win.

To beat Adelaide they'll need to kick 100 points plus, to do this someone has to kick 5-6 the only one capable of doing this is Dusty but he must play mid. You can't rob Peter to pay Paul, Dusty must play 80% mid.

5 years ago I would've possibly brought in to the mental weakness of Adelaide but not anymore this is very much an 'UnAdelaide' side if that makes sense when the going gets tough they dig deep.

Going over both sides simply can't see Richmond have an advantage anywhere at all apart from the crowd.

Adelaide by 58

Based on previous form maybe but it's a one off game now. Richmonds defence could have a good day out and their all round pressure could keep the Crows below 80. The Crows might not settle or ever get in the groove Just never know in the big one. Setup for a real Scrapper v Class contest, hope it delivers a good one.

Don't give a tinkers shit about the quality of the game as long as Richmond win. If Adelaide are up by a bit early I'll be heading out, would rather watch paint dry than the Cows win the GF.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any crow supporters want to bag Tippett for his performances in grand finals need to have a good hard look at themselves. Tippett was never Tex, betts or Jenkins bad. Junk junkity junk.

Just like West Coast a couple of years back. A million dollar forward line until it really counted, where they were both mentally and physically feeble. Weak as piss.
by Grenville
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Dubliner Liqueur. A bit too sweet to drink straight but more than palatable with a good splash of soda water.
by Grenville
Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Heard a whisper yesterday Trent Goodrem will retire and will be coaching Golden Grove.

As far as I can tell, it wasn't announced at presso night.

Reichert, Collier, Stevens and Edmead have announced departures.

Goodie is a definite for 2018, as is fellow veteran Alfie Jenner.

Happy that proved to be wrong, he played some good footy as a defensive midfielder later in the season.
by Grenville
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Teaching my two kids how to play chess over the weekend. Both have taken to it like a duck to water.
by Grenville
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:
Grenville wrote:Don't remember that bit in Muriel's Wedding.

It's in the director's cut 'after midnight' version.

The Weinstein cut?
by Grenville
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Jimmy_041 wrote:Kouta getting all unhinged and spitting venom over everyone
Hunter out calling everyone a c*** again

Enjoyable to watch

I think you got the first letter of Ian Hunter's surname wrong there Jimmy, pretty sure it starts with a C.
by Grenville
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

Can’t understand what renshaw has done wrong. 21 years old and his average of 36 in tests is pretty respectable.

Who cares if he doesn’t score quickly. He is exactly what we need at the top of the order. I think we actually need 1 more of him to bat at 3

Correct weight, he's a traditional Test Cricket opener. Give the kid a decent go.
by Grenville
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:He puts bums on seats if it means the test goes into a 5th day instead of us being rolled in 4!!!

5th day is always free entry

CA lose money on a test going to the fifty day

4 days is the optimum financial gain

Not even the Timeless Test in the 30's went 50 years!
by Grenville
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Viz, what a great publication. Used to read it religiously years ago.
Bottom Inspectors, Sid the Sexist, Buster Gonads...
I have a Terry F*ckwit t-shirt & a Fat Slags poster somewhere at home.

I used to have a big stash of Viz comics as well, used to like the readers letters as well.
by Grenville
Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International Rules Series

The only time I went to one of these games was at Footy Park. Me and a mate smuggled in two bottles of Jamesons and were that bored we'd knocked both of them off midway through the second quarter. I fell face first onto Max Basheer Reserve after the game and was very unwell the next day.
by Grenville
Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

John Alexander goneski.

Back to the Channel 7 tennis commentary team?
He should be returned after the by-election, preferable to gracing the high court. Not really his fault though, hard to de-deuce his actual origins. His baseline support is strong, and has served the electorate well.

Quick on the return as always my Portuguese comrade.
by Grenville
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can understand not picking an allrounder to bat at 6 but not picking a batsman to bat at 6?
by Grenville
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:On a side note.
Both have HOT missus’s

BC5A8BDE-037B-441D-9465-BAC9388B3605.jpeg

Stan Darsh predicting his Ashes series average there.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

amber_fluid wrote:
Grenville wrote:People everywhere already on Pulteney St.

You haven’t fallen asleep have ya?
Hope you took a couple of beverages whilst you waited?

Watched Kill Bill 1 and 2 on my phone. Thank Christ for Netflix. Might save the bevvies for this arvo.
by Grenville
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Once again we are to rely on Captain Smith to pull us out of a deep hole. Too many times do our batsman fail to get a big score. Only to rely on Smith and a couple of others to save our Aussie butts.

We still have the " best number 6 batsman in Australia " to come! Jesus Mark Waugh is a dickhead.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Once again we are to rely on Captain Smith to pull us out of a deep hole. Too many times do our batsman fail to get a big score. Only to rely on Smith and a couple of others to save our Aussie butts.

We still have the " best number 6 batsman in Australia " to come! Jesus Mark Waugh is a dickhead.
What's Glenn Maxwell's stats against England (in England and here) and also against pace and spin?

Dunno and don't care much, he's a cockwomble who shouldn't ever be allowed to play Test Cricket.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you think we've changed our batting style? What I mean is. Have we lost the ability to bat aggressively? Warner looks to have lost his sense of aggressiveness.

Have you not watched the last 2 days? Havent played much turf cricket?
The pitch is ******* slow, tennis ball bounce, very hard to score on
Didn't seem to bother the Poms. They were 1 for 143 at one stage. What are we now?? 4 for 86. If what you say is true. Explain to me how the England batters succeeded and ours are failing??
Allow me Daisy,

because they were patient, batted to a plan and to the conditions. Of those POMS that got in they made sure they went on with it to an extent.

They didn't try to force the pace and bat aggressively, they batted as if it was a test match. They batted with their heads.

How dare you talk sense. Some people don't get Test Cricket.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Good spread of wickets across both innings;

Starc 6
Lyon 5
Hazelwood 4
Cummins 4
1 run out

And Starc was nothing special in this Test. His figures look better than he bowled.
by Grenville
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definitely, Cummins steaming in at first change after two quality opening bowlers is a luxury any international side would love to have. He teamed up well with Lyon in this Test too, they bowled well in tandem.
by Grenville
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is there a bigger single outlier in the history of sport?

Off the top of my head I can’t think of one.

Not that familiar with American sports though so there could be one there

We’ve had this discussion before I think.

Phil Taylor is the one I can think of that may come close, and I think there is some squash player that usually gets mentioned too

Jahangir Khan was near unbeatable for years, Jansher(not sure if I spelt that correctly) wasn't a whole lot behind. Without blokes like that Chris Dittmar would've been a multiple times world champion. They had to change the rules of billiards simply to counteract Walter Lindrum being unbeatable.
by Grenville
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

locky801 wrote:BAck on and Kohli gone for 243

Irresponsible batting, should've gone on with it.
by Grenville
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looked an impulsive review - Smith gives the impression of being pretty on edge

and with good cause one would suggest

For sure, but when it's tight and tense the skipper more than anyone needs to keep it together

Correct, the captain is the one bloke in the team that should keep a cool head. The team feeds off the skipper, if he loses the plot it sets a real shit example. It would help a bit if he had a solid, reliable vice captain. Unfortunately he has an imbecile in David Warner.
by Grenville
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

helicopterking wrote:
stampy wrote:this time last night we couldnt hit it off the square, now tonight these two are making it look easy

New ball vs 40 over old ball

Imagine if Smith grew some balls yesterday and enforced the follow on.
by Grenville
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Had a good session at the German Club this arvo. Tucker was good, the bountiful beers were top value. Had 6 Legs supporters around me but had a ripper day. Top blokes and a quality venue.
by Grenville
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pulling up ok after yesterdays session at the German Arms. About 6 full steins each and 18-20 of the sample paddles between 7 of us, I fell asleep rather quickly last night.
by Grenville
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mong fu**ing Darsh, who picked this prick.
by Grenville
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Scott Muller is sitting back with a coldie saying "why couldn't my last name have been Marsh?"
by Grenville
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |