Search found 565 matches

Return

Re: I need to know....

Magellan wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Grenville wrote:
Spargo wrote:If you can catch one alive, get a cigarette lighter, lift its tail & burn its arse for 5-6 seconds. It'll squeal like hell - then let it run off.
You'll never see a rat again.

That also works with Mormons.

What about Jehovahs?

I'd have to witness it to believe it.

God that's an awful joke.
by Grenville
Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

I was just about to turn 33 when this thread started... and now I"m pushing 40 (well 39 this year).

Sad.

39? Whippersnapper. :P
Back when I was 33 we never had none of your fancy bell-type two-way electronical internet 'threads', all we had was old rope and an off-cut of second-hand string if we were lucky!

You lucky bastard, when I was 33 I had to walk through 8ft of snow with bare feet and dysentery just to get to a man with a donkey who could only transmit a four letter sentence on a Sunday with a full moon after the second incarnation of a bedouin transsexual.
by Grenville
Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Spargo wrote:
Grenville wrote:Proving the missus right about an old pair of jeans she said I should've chucked out ages ago by splitting the arse out of em at the zoo today.

Monkey's arse?

Lucky I don't go commando or people would've been treated to something looking like a capybara trying to escape a pair of Levis.
by Grenville
Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:jesus, how do people still watch the footy show.

decided i would choose it instead of channel v to have on in the background, and it is terrible. (besides the pokemon go segment i mentioned earlier)

It's was garbage, haven't watched it for over 15 years. I assume I haven't missed much.
by Grenville
Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 - North v Central @ Prospect

I was just taking the piss, I would've put a smiley face after my comment but that ain't my thing. All is good Magellan.
by Grenville
Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 - North v Central @ Prospect

therisingblues wrote:And thus the discussion about through which gate the Central supporters entered, and their chosen mode of transport, came to an end.

Stay tuned for Part 2 - which dunny did you use?
by Grenville
Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 Centrals vs Glenelg

No mate, don't know know anything behind why he left the blues or how he ended up at the tiges. I remember seeing him play against us a couple of times as a Sturt player, once he was in the league team and the other time in the magoos and I thought he looked like a kid who could play footy. I thought both times I saw him play he was a decent player who could make it, I just enjoy watching lads with genuine talent. Cracker of a name too!
by Grenville
Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

if any blokes have had a vasectomy recently and can recommend a surgeon?
I've made a few calls, but the information is like getting blood out of a stone....or sperm out of a de-sexed male.

Dr. (that bit probably wasn't necessary) Rimino Guerrero in Melbourne Street. Got it done about 4 years ago and have been able to fire off the pistol without any collateral damage since.
by Grenville
Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olympic Games - Rio 2016 - XXXI Olympiad

The Pom in this heat has a fair advantage, he's got a beak the size of the winged keel from Australia 2.
by Grenville
Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Volta vinte e um ( Round 21 )

Starting to regret paying $25 to watch this live.
by Grenville
Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Volta vinte e um ( Round 21 )

Highlight of the day for me was sitting next to a bloke named John and his family from Liberia, been in the country since 2009 and loves his footy. He was on the Cats and his eldest lad was a Tiges fan. Ripping family, thoroughly enjoyed their company.
by Grenville
Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Sri Lanka ODI

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Aussies by 3 wickets

Fools gold after the insipid effort in the real stuff.
by Grenville
Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Just heard Roy Laird whinge on the news. Cam played every game and he will be dropped for the AFL in a week. So he deserves to play.

And he should remember that Rory Sloane and Brodie Smith could've been selected to play SANFL this week and crows chose not to play them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like they were going to risk them getting injured in a comp they don't give two shits about. Should Centrals be forever grateful for the Cows wonderful show of humanity? Nice try clown.
by Grenville
Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

whufc wrote:Crows by 72 points

Barmby and Holman to get reported

Hosko is a good chance to be in that group too.
by Grenville
Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: '2016 Kenny McGregor line up'

Brad Hill would have to be a show....first year Stanton hasn't been in the mix, he will be back next year though.

Yep probably him and Duryea from the hawks. Hoping they can rediscover their September form from last year quick smart!!

Hill and Duryea should be dead set certs, they still haven't made a ground wide enough for Hill to hide on.
by Grenville
Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23 - The bitter end, for some.

Wedgie wrote:Let's not joke about Fathers Day, it'll be the first one I've not spent with my Dad :(

2nd for me.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You could have two functions, a 'proper' one for the family, and another more 'relaxed' affair for friends and well-wishers. Double the fun! Sure, double the hangovers I hear you say, but as John Stuart Mill famously said, 'to make an omelette you have to break some eggs.'

Did he say that before or after of his own free will, on half a pint of shandy was particularly ill?
by Grenville
Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

This is the thing crows fans don't get no matter how many times they're told.

It's not about standard or money, it's about a league with integrity.

I'm happy for the league to become like A1, if that's the standard and popularity then so be it, but at least compete against like clubs and not be a development league for others to play with like a toy.

I see the incentive for people to play in the SANFL diminishing because the league is not a real league anymore.

Well put, agreed.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Bontempelli, what a deadset beauty.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Listening to ABC Grandstand going round Australia covering regional footy finals. I try to tune in every year they do it, brilliant stuff.
by Grenville
Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

I want to see Mummy go apeshit today.
by Grenville
Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

That was one of the best gestures I've ever seen. Hats off to Bevo, a deadset class act.
by Grenville
Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Never said you did, merely an opinion of an arsehole who feathered his own nest rather nicely.
by Grenville
Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alright Grenville I'll bite.
I'm an ostrich because I supported Ben and his game plan.
Fair call.
I'll support the next coach as well and head into every season believing that the Premiership is "In the bag".

Question for you, do you support Roy's game plan, which has failed to deliver a Premiership for six seasons??
Or are you too, by your own definition, an ostrich??

Roy is a great coach, a true club man who all Centrals supporters are proud to have in charge. He has adapted his game plan in recent times and it is better than 3-4 years back, but there are still elements I don't like. He gets more right that wrong but he's certainly not without fault. I voice my opinions at the game and to a couple of former premiership players that I see reasonably regularly that are in regular contact with Roy (I very much doubt they pass on my opinion though). I have been known to get a bit worked up on the odd forum here and there from time to time as well. The facts of the matter are we have not had the cattle to win a flag in the last few years, the 2015 finals series we played well above ourselves. That is a reflection on our inability to bring through enough juniors, and besides the last season or two, we haven't recruited particularly well (the recruiting of Tim McIntyre made me want to spew). Next year if we recruit a couple of key players and some of the younger blokes keep improving I think we're a decent chance of playing finals again, and from there who knows? If not, realistically we will more than likely just be making up the numbers. Will me not agreeing with everything that happens at the club stop me from supporting The Doggies, no f**king way. I love my club like you do, but neither will it stop me from making my voice heard if something occurs that I don't agree with.

Your mob had a list that should've been up the pointy end come finals time, and whilst injuries did hurt you they didn't cause that much of fall from grace. I have a couple of mates who are, like yourself, died in the wool Redlegs men and they were exasperated at what was happening this year with certain selections and the much celebrated game plan. They also voiced their opinions (neither are shrinking violets, as messrs Ainger and Jarrad would testify to). Did that exasperation cause them to support their team any less, I can assure you it didn't. It also didn't stop them from realising that things weren't right at the club and burying their heads in the sand. I will never cast aspersions on your commitment to your club, I get that you bleed red and blue and the SANFL needs that passion to survive. However blindly following someone just because they are a top bloke doesn't make much sense to me.
by Grenville
Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good answer!!
But by not potting Ben publicly, doesn't mean I didn't have my say on what was wrong this season.
And for the record, I did and still do believe in Ben's game plan, we just didn't have the players to execute it.
Biaised opinion from me though because he was my mate.

I never said you should come out and say he's a useless c***, but you surely can still make your opinion heard if you disagree. I don't reckon a fair whack of Legs supporters will agree that the game plan was much chop, as you've said yourself you're biased being his mate. I will look with interest to see if the rose coloured glasses remain on for his successor.
by Grenville
Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like fishing in a trout farm.
by Grenville
Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Can't believe people are saying it's a failure we didn't get Gibbs. They wanted two bloody first rounders!!

The same people would be on here saying the crows got screwed if we paid that.
I cant believe its still being talked about just because its the crows. Any other clubs & its over with :roll:

I think it's more spoken about because of dicks the likes of McDermott, Jarman and Cornes.

Jarman says the crows get a pass mark for this trade period and port get a fail. Simply how?

Cornes gives the crows 4 for the period and Port 2. Again how?

I'm obviously a power man but the Crows lost a player and gained none. Yes, Port didn't gain or lose a player but have ended up with 4 picks in the top 31 in what's known as a very strong draft. Unless I've missed something.

Port wanted to trade, everyone knows that but couldn't get a suiter for Lobbe and Mainly Hartlett, Who knows this could be a wake up call for Gartlett but, No-one has any idea on the discussions that take place between clubs. So when idiots so 'oh they just sat there' etc etc please!

Reasons no 811, 812, 813 and 814 not to listen to these imbeciles.

Correct weight, why do people listen to these cretins?
by Grenville
Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I heard Jarman reported on MMM that the clubs want to cap the Crows at 16 listed players, im not sure if it was just for finals or all season.
The crows have threatened to go to the VFL if it is passed.

Please please go and take the scum with you

Is this the same Andrew Jarman that had Adelaide signing Alistair Clarkson on a 5 year deal? Bona fide shit dribbler.
by Grenville
Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

kids calling lollies candy
I find more kids/people call Father Christmas Santa Claus

Not me, I just say "**** Xmas"

This.

The look on jnr Valleys face on christmas morning will make the day barely tolerable.

Yep agreed. I enjoy watching the kids faces as they open their presents but the rest of the day they can bash up their arse. I just count down the hours until the Boxing Day Test starts.
by Grenville
Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having a trifecta on the cup today and getting 2nd,3rd,4th,5th and 6th. A fool and his money were soon parted.
by Grenville
Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Cannot think of a days cricket where the Redbacks have been so dominant. Outstanding

Many decades ago with the Hookes/Phillips partnership however this has been with both bat and ball, great day by the backs

At a guess that was 1987-88 against Tassie in Adelaide. I remember being in the car with the old man driving to Elizabeth and waiting in the car when he popped into the TAB at the Rose and Crown hotel listening to the coverage.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Zartan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:The bbl is the best thing to happen to Australian cricket since the World Series.

Agreed... when the Mrs and kids (girls) are happy and eager to go along to games, then to me that's a win.

It's banned in my house, it makes an absolute mockery of the game.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Greyhound Adoption Day at Angle Park. We now have another furry edition to the household.
by Grenville
Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jesus you're catching some fish today Booney.
by Grenville
Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Imagine being in the Victorian squad and having to decide if you side with Wade or Maxwell. **** that.

What a pair of wankers. I guess after all, they are Victorian.

As appetising a choice as whether you'd like dogshit or horseshit thrown at you, either way you're getting covered in shit. Warner,Maxwell and Wade in one side, that's way over any side's maximum dickhead quota.
by Grenville
Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International Test Cricket

Watching Johnny Bairstow attemping to keep in the India v Poms Test. He hasn't improved. Sadly still a far better Test cricketer than Matthew Wade, and less of a cockhead.
by Grenville
Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International Test Cricket

Moeen Ali 71 not out. Batting well for a bloke that ain't a number 4.
by Grenville
Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Matthew Wade appealing because he gloved a ball cleanly there.
by Grenville
Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like he got a nick on that one down the legside. Dropped by Wade.
by Grenville
Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:This type of match shows why Test cricket is so good

Beats any crap that 20/20 can trot out.
by Grenville
Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Top dig that lad. Took a ripper to get him out.
by Grenville
Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smith has just played his get out of jail free card, very very lucky. Very average Test as a skipper. Ideally he would have a couple of old heads to turn to for a bit of advice, unfortunately his sounding boards are dickheads like Warner and Wade.
by Grenville
Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christmas Day 2016, how are you spending it?

Apparently according to the Santa tracker he was over Russia a little while ago, hope he doesn't get shot down.
by Grenville
Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

who would have called that at the start of the day , great job Australia

Seems funny that a guy the scored a double hundred possibly cost his side by batting to slow :o

Anyone who has watched Pakistan over the last twenty years.

Either they have become brilliant at losing the impossible or they have found amazing ways to not be caught when they go speak to their local book maker.

Stinks like Jenny Williams beef curtains after riding a bike on a 40 degree day. Had everything, shit bowling, dropped catches, insipid batting.
by Grenville
Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F***wits letting off fireworks in their backyard. Just don't come knocking on my door asking for help when one blows your f***ing hand off you wankers.
by Grenville
Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ian Healy
Boring as **** batshit

Healy is such a flog for some of the comments he is making.

For a bloke with as much cricket knowledge as Healy he sounds like an amateurish pillock a lot of the time.
by Grenville
Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All out 220

Game is there for Pakistan to lose, our batting was woefu l :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thats what happens when you go into a game with only 4 batsmen (Warner, Khawaja, Smith, Head) and then fill the side with bit batters.

Sounds a bit like what we're going to do in India. With even worse results.
by Grenville
Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

at least Xenophon doesnt seem to be in it for himself. I dont agree with a lot of his policies but I personally think he does what he says he is going to do with no ulterior motives

bullshit. he is just as bad as the rest of them now. taking money from one pokie establishment to fund his legal fight against their competitor. just ask any North supporter.

Xenophon is a political ambulance chaser, once the sirens stop he loses interest.
by Grenville
Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:how are they taking maxwell as the bowling allrounder to India and not even bowling him in these games?

The John Butcher of Australian cricket.
by Grenville
Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im hearing the name Jake Johansen any clues who he is ?

Was a state junior when with the Magpies. Transferred to Glenelg and finished there lasy year. Small on baller (Caleb Daniel size but not as talented). Think another James Boyd.

Hehehehe Johannisen and Boyd in the one side. There may be no I in team, but there sure as hell is in selfish.
by Grenville
Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |