Search found 565 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Yep, the Mrs florist business looks goneski.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Does she take online orders and how far does she have delivery?
Just last Thursday I got some flowers sent to my mum.

Perhaps SAFooty members could help out with flowers for their missus.
I'd buy a bunch to help out.

Where is her business situated? In our shed! At Christies.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bugger, I'm about an hour and a half away mate.. Getting some flowers for the missus tomorrow (15th wedding anniversary), would've been happy to give Mrs. MT the business.
by Grenville
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday lad, fingers crossed I might see you at the Bay for a couple of frothies at some stage this season.
by Grenville
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you ok?

Probably haven’t noticed but I haven’t been on here much. Honestly I haven’t been ok. Been a mess if I am being completely honest. I am mentally exhausted and I just want things to slow down for a second. Overthinking is literally doing my head in and not to mention anxiety. Got an appointment Friday to speak to my psych. I know I am a good person and I will be ok. But this past couple of weeks has been awful. I couldn’t tell you when the last time I felt “normal” was :(

My two beautiful girls are my rocks.

If you need to vent lad this is the perfect forum. I think the past has shown on here that when the chips are down people are decent and compassionate. Hope you come out of it ok.
by Grenville
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What you're watching/listening to/playing during lockdow

Keen to track down some DVDs of ‘The Professionals’ and ‘The Streets of San Francisco’ - classic old school cop show action, each with a fantastic 70s wah-wah guitar theme tune.

The Professionals was a cracker of a show, used to love watching that as a young bloke. Used to get up sparrow fart on Saturdays and watch Bonanza as well.
by Grenville
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Just went to the club. Renewed my season ticket, memberships for both kids and chucked in a few extra bucks. It was eerie there, just Kirsty at the front desk.
by Grenville
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

gazzamagoo wrote:I blame UKFan & Centurion,
I have reports that the two were seen together with a chemical set in a Wuhan wet market late last year,
clever, verrrry clever.

Eric would be content tonight.
by Grenville
Tue May 12, 2020 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Happy belated birthday JK, hope you had a goodun. Also hope your ex-Doggies coach continues his sterling efforts.
by Grenville
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Provided we give Butch a chance leave him forward dont have him half way down the ground like last time he played for us
and get the ball in quickly to give all the forwards a chance.Bit hard for him to kick goals from a wing where he was forced to play from last time.
Significantly the one time he was allowed to go one on one he kicked 6 gave off 2 and surprise surprise we kicked enough to win.

Agreed, keep him forward not as a "stop gap". Great contested mark and brings the ball to ground. Would take the oppositions best defender.

If he plays I'd have him lead up CHF with Robbo at FF. He'll splatter a few packs, get the smalls under him. Rotate the Menzel boys between the guts and forward pocket. Put Fraser down back to help Muzza and Llewellyn.
by Grenville
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Looks like Fox underestimated the amount of cricket starved fans, its back on! TDK must have beaten me to compling a scathing email regarding a dedicated cricket channel with no live cricket [emoji6] Haha! Nah nothing like that, I was only whinging to my mates about it last night and then to my mum this afternoon as we organised to get foxtel sport back on this week having dropped it off the package a few months back.

This news has made my day, how good!

I'm not buying that you had nothing to do with this decision TDK. You are a man of influence.
by Grenville
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 Sturt v Eagles

The Eagles are going to be knackered after this weekend. According to Peter Walsh (on at least 3 occasions I heard) on the digital pass they are playing Westies this arvo. Does he volunteer or get paid for that quality calling?
by Grenville
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Missus and kids headed off down to Mount Gambier today for 6 days, I've got the week off doing rennos and drinking beer and whiskey. Bliss.
by Grenville
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Be great if we did away with draws, they really suck.

Yes totally agree.

2 qtrs of 5 mins each extra time. Then either 2nd extra qtr doesn't finish until a score wins the game or else set shots from 50m line until there is a winner.
I agree draws suck but totally disagree with extra time. You’ve had the best part of two hours to win the game, if you can’t do it in that time well...

Both teams had their chances to claim full points, neither did so tough shit.
by Grenville
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Interesting watching Wood's comparison between 2015 and now, longer run-up and finishes lower in his follow through. Should've listened to Michael Holding earlier. Thank god he has made some changes and lengthened his run up, it looks so much more comfortable now, there's no way he'd have any longevity if he stuck with his old run up and follow through. His ankles would be loving it, looks like there's alot less stress on his body now.

Archer's run up and action is much easier on the eye and looks so much less stressful on his body. He's bowling high 80s and it looks almost effortless.

Very different techniques but both have improved things on their body. Wood twists more in his delivery stride so staying lower means his upper body isn't fighting the hips, knees and ankles as much and Archer is more rigid so he looks more mechanical but is staying upright and thus less likely to hurt himself.
by Grenville
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Centrals v North Saturday 1410

gazzamagoo wrote:
DOC wrote:Gee you have cheered up.

the meds have kicked in :D :D

I thought Groucho would've been of an age where they wouldn't be necessary anymore. Not sure if that would be the correct way to 'apply' the product either.
by Grenville
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 WWWT v Centrals Saturday 1410

I hope I'm wrong but I think this will get ugly. I have no issue with Jeff trying out personnel to see who he reckons is in his plans for next year and who isn't but the way we line up and our current game plan won't help him learn much. Playing as small as we do just makes us cannon fodder for teams with taller, bigger players. It means we have little or no structure, no get out clause to pump the ball up the line when in strife, no big bloke to drop it on the head of in the forward line, no means of defending when the opposition do it to us. Our chip the ball 15m gamestyle relies heavily on high skill, high fitness, high speed and high confidence. We don't tick those boxes so it's doomed to fail. Kids like Olsson,Lange, Durdin, Pisani who show they have a bit should be encouraged to break lines and pump the ball to a big bloke leading on the wing, centre half forward, full forward. Not look sideways for a 15m nothing pass. I reckon this is doing nothing but stifling their development. We're getting cut up on the counter attack so it's obviously draining us physically as well. I won't fault our effort, we just aren't good enough at this stage and playing this style of footy means we won't be for a long time.
by Grenville
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |