Search found 262 matches

Return

Re: Australia vs India ODI squad

am i the only one that thinks finch has been kissed on the arse by an angel in regards to national selection?
by stampy
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kohli should be captain. Has a bit of shit in him, which is what is required to take it up to Australia
by bennymacca
Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They will do this in 45

Love watching aggressive batting but am now totally over the crap that is served up

Refuse to watch 20/20 and now going that way with this format, FFS we want to see an even comp, runs being cored but the ball doing a bit and stumps getting smashed aint happening, has got boring
by locky801
Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grenville wrote:Mark Nicholas saying what most Aussie supporters are thinking, Wade is a shit keeper.

Bit like Marks commentary actually :D
by locky801
Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

One good thing about T20 is that it makes the one day 50 over stuff look a bit more like the real thing...
by Psyber
Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One good thing about T20 is that it makes the one day 50 over stuff look a bit more like the real thing...
scoring 340 from 50 overs isnt that much different...
True. I said a "bit more".

So higher scores from less innings is a bad thing?
I find the bowling and fielding strategy, and sustained concentration required, more interesting than some swipe merchant lashing out at nearly every ball as if it is a baseball match.
by Psyber
Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

My eldest starting school today. Where did that 5 & a half years go?
by Spargo
Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mankad?

Haven't read all the posts on here but i have very strong thoughts on the topic.

A mankad is no more unsportsmanlike than it is for a batsmen to be out of his crease before a bowler has let the ball go.

There is no law that says a batsmen must 'back up', infact the rules state a batsmen can be out if he has left the crease so why do batsmen insist on creeping further and further up.

If a bowler is going to be disallowed a wicket for having their foot half a centre metre over the line than the non striker should stay put, at the end of the day as long as you have momentum from backing up there is no reason you have to pass the crease line.

Batsmen have got ridiculous with backing up to the point that sometimes their a quarter of the way down the pitch.

At international level there should be no need to give a warning. If his out his out (do keepers give batsmen a warning before going for a stumping)

At amateur level a warning is probably the polite thing to do and should stay in place.(i did this in a recent tight one dayer where the non striker was further up the pitch than i was before i had let the ball go, i considered me giving him a warning more sportsman like than the 5-10 runs he had just nicked from having a 3m head start.

I have no problems with the mankad.
by whufc
Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

I know it's not strictly a TV show, but it's on the telly right now, and it's an absolutely hilarious movie classic.

The Big Lebowski.
by Magellan
Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian ODI Squad for NZ tour

Why they kept picking Nick Marsh when Ussie is in such hot form is one of the world's great mysteries. Rod Marsh the cricketer was brilliant but Rod Marsh the selector would have trouble picking Bill Lawry's nose. Give it up Rod.

regards,

REB
Wouldn't that be more Waugh selecting Ussie for his Big Bash team instead of the ODI's & T 20's v India? Then having to justify it by making out he was on the verge of selection.

Couldn't tell you. Don't watch the shit.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shane Warne, just STFU you attention seeking gong beater
by Jim05
Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:Shane Warne

Every week I'll keep posting the same thing.

Number 1 all time greatest human. Well number 2
Now that my lad is born :)

Great player, flog of a person
by Jim05
Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Tim Minchin and his song reference to George Pell !!!
by shoe boy
Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aust tour squad v NZ announced - Sayers in.

They don't need to shorten tests, they just need to put a bit of life into the pitches
by bennymacca
Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A day after probably her biggest fan passed away on the cricket field in the PDCA on Saturday, my daughter scored her first district B Grade half century a couple of weeks after her 13th birthday.
We talked about the unfortunate passing on the way the way to cricket yesterday and she said she would try and dig deep in his honour, I shed a tear when she got to raise her bat for her first 50 in her short career.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

If you need to know anything , just ask Waleed.
I do give him a bit of credit tonight for condemning the 3 brothers responsible for those stupid Muslim bomb & machinegun pranks on youtube.

He's very good at voicing popular opinion. ( Not just on the stupid kids as mentioned above, rightly so )

Poster boy for the modern world where every ******* thing is offensive to someone and everyone can voice their displeasure on anything they want.

There is a difference between having an opinion and thinking you know everything.
Waleed fits into the latter IMO.
by amber_fluid
Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

knowledge wrote:I'll wait until it's in the $2 box at Cheap as Chips.

Don't forget the counter of your local 24 hour service station, which is where most copies of "Jarman Magic" were being sold.
by Magellan
Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New chick at work, Massive rack.
by carey
Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2: Adelaide v Port - Sunday 3 April @ Mannum Oval

I still think Power reserves and Crows reserves should just play each other every week around the state.

Leave the SANFL as an 8-team competition in which each team plays the others 3 times.

Perfect.
by Mic
Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cornes complaint

I might be many things, but a liar isn't one of them!!
by fester69
Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval

What is more hysterical is the posters after last weeks result. Where are they apologising for their anti North rant. A banner for a so called GROG squad? Yes I know you are passionate North supporters but how could a semi professional State league club sanction that on a banner ?
Is 'grog' an offensive word?

no more so than bloke, shiela, dunny, sanga etc .......................

it's just Aussie slang
Exactly. As the history and relevance of the SANFL wanes, its refreshing to see the club pay tribute to some of its very long standing fans who been there through the good and bad times (on and off the field).
by Magellan
Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really sorry to read that TDK, all the best to you and your family.

Good luck at with the footy, I'm sure your team mates will get around you and try, for a few hours, make the pain a little easier.
Best thing I did was to play sport the next day when I lost a family member. Helped to normalise things plus be around mates and took my mind off things concentrating on the game at hand.

All the best for today and the coming weeks remember the good times TDK.
Ah good I'm glad someone has done what I'm planning to do, as you said it helps to normalise things. I'll be ok today, I'll be still out there representing a place I love with a smile on my face in honour of my dad.

Thank you to everyone for their support, I appreciate it.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Masters Golf 2016

I love Augusta when its sunny and the wind blows... it is a true test of the worlds best with lightning fast greens that are like glass.

With monster drivers, balls* that fly straighter and spin more its good to see the best really have to work for a solid score

To me the best tournaments are those where the winner isn't 25 under but when the battle for their birdies and pars... that is a true test of a golfer...

Bring back hickory shafts* and liquid core balls... ;)
by Jase
Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well today has been very emotional. We lost in both games today which is so disappointing, Eastern Park were very good today, out muscled us and out played us. We had a large group of guys not turn up today but in terms of what has happened the results don't matter. What matters is the support I have received from all of my family at NH, everyone was so supportive and I'm so greatful for it. I couldn't help but shed a few tears at different stage of today but everyone has been great. You guys on here, my mates and my club have been great today. Thank you all for your thoughts.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Word out of Melbourne is that James Hird is no longer living in the family home. Allegedly on his "study trip" to France last year, he's met up with a female in her early twenties and she is now pregnant.
Shed any light on this Jim?

The plot thickens.... :lol:

Hird would say he did not know what he was injecting her with
by MW
Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cornes complaint

I can assure you there was not 20 people abusing Cornes at the race as he left the ground.
Also I don't drink at the footy.
I won't be going on the radio or anywhere.
NFC and SANFL are investigating, and I was asked to ignore Cornes on Friday night.
I'm loving my new role at NFC and won't do anything to jeopardise it.
Nice to have the complete support of my Club.
My Club has complained to 5AA over the lies told by the Cornes family.
I also know Cornes has been talked to.

Where that goes I don't know.
by fester69
Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

The AFL is set to announce "full and complete" refunds for those who attended Domain stadium today. "We feel this is the appropriate action for any patrons in attendance who expected an AFL standard game to break out". In other news Chinese broadcasters are proclaiming the Power Vs Cats game last night to be a ratings smash. It is understood however, many locals tuned in believing this to be a " spin off" of the local MKR production... My Kitten Recipes.
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

So a possible holding the ball in front of goal not paid... It does happen in other games... Who knew!!
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

bennymacca wrote:
shoe boy wrote:why not Australian ?

we have never designed a submarine and dont have the capability to do so

Come on Benny, surely a brainy know all like yourself should be able to slap one together in a few months[emoji1]
by Jim05
Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 in all its folderol...

Hope Gdubs bring this form to AO next week.

Your spite towards Adelaide is hilarious mate. What happened to make you so bitter and twisted?
What's more hilarious is that Crows fans still don't understand that there are people who don't think they're God's gift to football.

Everyone's entitled to have a favourite team, and every footy fan has a favourite team they love to beat. For some, it's the Crows. Plenty of reasons why they're hated, like their attitude on the SANFL reserves, their nauseating presence throughout the local media, and the startling lack of footy knowledge of their fans who in the main fail to acknowledge and appreciate the presence of a longstanding SA football tradition despite that being the cause of their existence. I'm sure others can add to the list.

As for spite, I'm not sure CM's post goes that far. But it'll be available in spades the next time the Crows reserves play a sovereign SANFL side.
by Magellan
Mon May 23, 2016 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Beer. Fair dinkum, I ******* love the shit. In fact, I got some blood in my man member this morning at about 9:15 when I thought I'll stop in at the pub on my way home tonight. I'm ******* thirsty right now. I'd smash one if there was one in front of me. I love beer. I'm going to line up a couple at the local then devour a few of my own brews when I get home. If I give it a nudge tonight I can limp my sorry arse through tomorrow, I told my boss those exact words just before coming on here and typing this.

I rate my current plan for tonight.
by Booney
Thu May 26, 2016 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Womens Teams Announced

Total waste of time and money.

Funds would be fair better used saving grassroots clubs and grassroots competitions, where plenty of Comps are currently on there knees.
by carey
Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

So from what I've seen from online articles it would have been fine if Eddie had talked about drowning a man.
FFS, he didn't mention her because she's a female, he mentioned her because she's a vindictive narcissist.
WTF is happening to this world?
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

Don't worry everyone, I assume this means the AFL teams will be gone in a couple years given Olsen's unique definition of "not negotiable"! :lol:

“That is not negotiable - we have deal with the AFL clubs and they will be there for the next 10 years,” Olsen said. “The SANFL competition is better with them in - that is my strong view.”

Compare the similarities to

"Reserves teams in the SANFL for the two AFL clubs is not negotiable .
We will not compromise the SANFL competition (with AFL reserves teams)."
by Ecky
Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Indubitably, round 20.

FMD AFL supporters have no idea, especially those who wear red blue and gold

One AFL game a year is all I can bare!

Do us a favour and don't go. Don't need the likes of you grumpy old SANFL die-hards bringing the mood down

No it's people with an understanding of the laws of Australian football (in particular Prior opportunity and what part of the goal post and padding constitute the goal line) brings the mood down.

Was laughable after the game listening to some of the football experts proclaiming that they are going to knock off Hawthorn in the Prelim. FMD you've just had a 130 pt win over some training cones
by am Bays
Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Indubitably, round 20.

carey wrote:

Adelaide media at its best

This wasn't the media it was the mental giants walking out of the stadium....
by am Bays
Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Test Tour - Sri Lanka 2016

We lost each game because of our batting. Our bowling was fine at times and superb at other times. Starc was superb and will man of the series with worse performances. He looks more and more like a bowler who might just be our greatest ever. Hazlewood did fine IMHO, in conditions that don't suit him while Lyon gets a pass in my book. He's a spinner who relies on bounce, not turn, so the low slow decks of Asia will always prove a challenge.

But the batting. We started the series with 5 batsmen and when they weren't scoring enough we went to 4. Nevill will soon find himself batting behind Starc and the sooner M. Marsh gets out the better. He was hidden behind a dominant top 5 in good form, but once things got tough (as they always do) he was exposed. One good innings and a few starts just tells me he's at his best. It's not good enough. When his form drops off, he'll be about as good as a number 10. It wasn't even like his bowling was even useful. Hazlewood was under used, what good is Marsh going to be if Hazlewood is right to bowl, but just not as effective as Starc or Lyon, or a part timer? Then they pick Henriques. Good lad, probably will be a solid one day player for a bit too for Australia. But he's 29 with a first class average of 31.

The solution was simple. We didn't have a clear second spin option once O'Keefe went down so why force one? Use part timers for the 4th bowler if you need to give Lyon, Starc and Hazlewood a break and have 7 batsmen and Nevill. All rounders in test cricket have always been over rated. The great all rounders in history have all been capable of holding their spots with bat or ball alone. Sobers and Kallis were the best bats in the team. Hadlee, Khan, Dev, Akram, Miller, Botham - all great bowlers. Lehmann has many qualities as a coach, but gee he's been exposed badly here.
by Grahaml
Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Socmed? Sounds like what a Port supporter would use once a month to save money on disposables.
by Wedgie
Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

One of my favourite actors, Gene Wilder, passed away at 83. I watched Stir Crazy too many times to remember as well as The Producers, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein.

Very funny man.

RIP
by Fluffbag
Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Crowds

Grenville wrote:Dropping the price of a beer to under $38 a pint wouldn't hurt either. Neither would getting the Westies mob there cooking steak sambos.

And served by the guy from 'Love They Neighbour'. ;)
by Magellan
Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

If we lose to Adelaide I am moving to Antartica. Not saying it's not possible, it's just their supporters
by woodublieve12
Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poms V Bangers

Average age of 28.5 ;)
by Brodlach
Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

I believe this might only be the fourth GF since 1896 that red or black has not been a colour of one of the participating teams.
I'm sure "Spellcheck" could confirm or correct.

Correct...I mean, confirmed ;)

Heard yesterday on MMM that it's the first time since 1926 that the two have off played against each other in a GF
Considering one of the clubs was born in 1991 you could also say it's the first time since 200000 bc they've played each other in a GF too!
by Wedgie
Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

Big year at Whitten oval with the VFL side winning the flag too!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again...
#2016yearofthedog

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
by nuggety goodness
Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IF the game of cricket is to be looked at, in addition to the safety aspect, should be the way it is taught coached and encouraged to be played. As Gideon Haigh said on Offsiders the weekend after, with helmets, big bats, placid pitches and short boundaries, batsmen have been able to think they can play with virtually complete impunity. Hughes feet seemed to be nowhere, and all around the world we see half-arsed batsmen who wouldn't make it at Shield level on the front foot swiping their bats around their ears.
IF the game of cricket is to be looked at, this is what this trial should be considering but I feel it is going to come back as an attack on bouncers and sledging, which is what would placate the general public who don't understand cricket but read the sensationalist articles that appear from time to time.
by FlyingHigh
Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poms V Bangers

Both Marsh and Stokes are batting 6 when they aren't good enough to own it as a batsman and are just playing because it's handy to have an extra bowling option. I stand by my point that Stokes can't keep that position if England are going to have long term success.

And yes, as you say England lack batting. Hence why Ballance is in no real danger. The bloke actually averages nearly 40 in tests and 47 in first class cricket. You wouldn't be dropping him and keeping the all rounders at 5 and 6.

If you have watched england over the past year you would know Stokes is their most important player. Forget his average which is much worse due to his first few years in test cricket. Since the New Zealand series 18 months ago he has been good with the bat and excellent with the ball. He is much better then Marsh with the bat, if you saw his 258 against SAF you would agree.

Ballance on the other hand dominated weak teams early on his career and average in the 50s over his first 15 tests. Since then he has been incredibly useless and should not be in the team. I agree Ali shouldn't be batting 5 (He doesnt in england) but he is one of our better players of spin so he bats up the order in the subcontinent.

Young Hameed or Butler will come in for the India tests for ballance and rightly so.
by batmanbegins
Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

We batted crap, they bowled well.

They batted better, we bowled pretty well and a great spell from Starc pulled it back a bit,

They have 2 very good batters at the crease, need to knock them over first thing tomorrow to have any chance.

I actually enjoyed watching today, rather see wickets fall than a 2/400 day
by locky801
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

teeball will kill Test Cricket.
No it won't REB

Ummm.....

teeball not entirely to blame but tell me why our Test players play it? Roads are prepared for the Big Bash. The Shield has been a casualty. No Shield, no decent test players. No Academy, no decent test players. Money grabbing bullshit from the administration has killed the golden goose.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Philander was confident that it was missing leg.... because it would have cannoned into middle

Not saying it wasn't out as clearly would have hit leg stump but as for for ball tracking to suggest that the ball actually straightened up and was hitting middle is utter Bull Crap. Ball tracking still seems very dodgy to me
by jackpot jim
Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So let test cricket die a slow death at the expense of t20? Yeah that will suit the traditionalists!
Have less of a problem with it in places that don't get crowds, e.g. the Gabba.

However Adelaide over the last decade or so has attracted better crowds per capita than just about any test match in the world. For me having a night test here is like having the AFL GF, the Melbourne Cup or the Clipsal at night. Just not needed.
by RB
Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |