Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Heard it happened at 1/2 time when umpire was trying to take a whizz (umpys must share the toilet and showers with the home team ??).

Raises the question how many other oval facilities have the umpys change with the players ?
by The Cloak
Fri May 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

^ its a strange set of circumstances for sure. Consider an oval like Birdwood. The umpires rooms are a good distance away from the players rooms. So if a coach at say half time made a remark that could gave been deemed "offensive" to the umpires.... they would never know. However at Echunga, and by the sounds of it Mt Barker they are in earshot it would seem. I was discussing this scenario with a very experienced ex SANFL & country ump on the weekend. I couldn't understand how any coach could be charged with making a remark about the umps "if that is what happened" in the supposed sanctuary of his own change rooms. The explanation I was given is the officiating umpires have "full control" over all aspects of play that day, both on and off the field. Even from before the first siren of the day until past post match festivities. Makes sense too. Imagine if an umpy, who came into the club rooms for a beer post match was "set upon" by club officials or supporters.

I can't help but think that a little communication here goes a long way. Perhaps a chat after the game (when things have cooled down) with the coach is a better way to deal with it, than to file a report, and simply leave the ground?

Just thinking through this one a little further, the bigger issue is who is sharing facilities with who ? Moot point about the he said, she said stuff, the bigger issue is why the HFL appears to accept adults sharing bathroom facilities with minors ? (Cause this is what would happen when I assume an umpire would shower after a junior game).

This is a significant risk for not only the junior players, but also the umpires. Then there is the issue at Heathfield with the male umpires sharing the Showers with the females !!! Guess the umpires may enjoy the senior women's, but how's that gonna go with the u/18's, many of who would be minors.

Surprised this stuff hasn't been raised in the past ??
by The Cloak
Mon May 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Can see the Sfl following the same path as the once powerful Sca...within 10 yrs will be dead and buried clubs moving on and also folding!!! Had numerous chances to fix the league but the geriatric board are to arrogant to accept were they've gone wrong !!

Up to 4 teams to walk to Saafl next year!
Heard from a source that Blackwood to join SFL next year.
by The Cloak
Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |