Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Lets just say the SFL falls over in 2-3 years (clubs jumping ship are usually the beginning of the end) there are a few clubs that could argue they are closer to the GSFL (who I think have already stated “we are full” Trump style) and Hill’s leagues – but most of us logically should be heading to the SAAFL. This would obviously add to the SAAFL travel times greatly.

I know this is a SAAFL forum, but the SFL should look at why the SCA feel over! better sides leaving the comp and not turning back as the standard was deteriorating (no offense to the players or comp). One such side further south than Brighton has no complaints travelling to Trinity etc. It will also add some economic benefit to the local drive thru to rehydrate 8)

However I do know of someone from Modbury FC who wont go south of Anzac Highway :oops:

Once a southie always a southie :lol:

There have been clubs who suffered the "curse of Grand Junction Rd" where players pull out of games on Saturday morning when they play teams north of Grand Junction

Grand junction rd is the mullet line. I rarely travel north of the mullet line.
by Dolphin Treasure
Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Weak link, interesting. Happy to have that as our signboard. Time will tell but weak link, nah not really. Two out of three i wouldn't agree with. Not sure where Greenacres are at as a lot of noise about players leaving etc. Hopefully they can keep going. Good club and i am dead set looking forward to hitting their canteen again next year.
Greenacres are a waste of space, have been for years.
All credit to their committee etc for keeping the club alive.
No pokie income, no club.

Waste of space.... That's a bit over the top.
by Dolphin Treasure
Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

chris and jimmy will be valuable players and dowlo is a surprise packet..good runner and skills are pretty good..

a young top shelf player at his sanfl club last year is training with the dolphins i believe ..

Their is a few CBC lads who have played a game or 2 for us while they were at school, played SANFL last season but I can't really remember names off the top of my head. I haven't heard of any SANFL lads training with CBCOCFC.

you lied DT! :D

Hahahaha never lied, Phil Raymond is training with us. ;) jake is only a lil fella, he's easy to miss.
by Dolphin Treasure
Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Good too see the league giving SN are good start to the year. What s joke. How can they fixture 1 side to have 7 away games and 2 home games in the first 9 games. They finish with three games at home in a row.
But we all know how hard it is too win away games and once you start getting behind the 8 ball as in wins and losses. It's hard to come back. You would never see them fixturing the college sides like this.

God work SAAFL

Has happened to us for the last 10 odd years :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Dolphin Treasure
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Rosewater CBC Old Collegians Schar, Jarrad Pending 2017-03-21

nearly missed this one..is he an old scholar?

Played our 1st trial, thought someone would've mentioned it on here weeks ago ;) He is an old scholar & played for the club years ago. Also teached at CBC with Cail Harris. Very handy pick up!
by Dolphin Treasure
Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Half Back Flanker wrote:Rumour in the front bar on Monday night was Nathan Rayner to CBCOC. Pretty handy pick up if true.......

Who's wife let's them go to the pub on a Monday? You are living the dream!!!
by Dolphin Treasure
Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only my facts count as I'm mates with Alan and we spoke for a while about him playing
Don't forget to pick up that name you just dropped

Funny enough I use to drive him to his games when he was 17 is a very good friend of mine so I'm very happy to clear up any third hand stories

We get it, he wouldn't be where he is today without you.
by Dolphin Treasure
Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have a new recruit walk into the club off the street last night Zedman ? ;)

I heard he's pretty handy in front of goals 8)

still in negotiations,.........seems everyone else is dragging out an AFL player, so we thought we had better get in on the act. Now we have someone for Kane to tag!! :-)

Starting him in the C's is a bit rough....
by Dolphin Treasure
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BZB27 wrote:Around a 3 goal win for the bulls. Hopefully CBC did us a favour today and beat Woody Sth to be locked in this week.

I think the b's got up by 8-9 goals

We got up by 13 points. It was bit of an arm wrestle all day. Not a pretty game.
by Dolphin Treasure
Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely the league have it wrong with the location of the B grade games this weekend. BOS vs CBOC at Aldi Arena should be played at BOS considering they are hosting their A's and the BOS B's finished higher than CBOC? The B grade game between Hope Valley vs Lockleys should be played at Aldi as neither of these clubs are playing at home anyway?

B Grade follows A Grade, so the higher ranked A Grade sides get their B Grade to follow them - so think the league have it correct

And so it should be. It's all about the A grade.

Oldman is just trying to stir me up. He's not actually serious.
by Dolphin Treasure
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Rumour flying around that Salisbury West may be starting 2018 on negative points after the tribunal last night. Will make preseason a tough gig if true!?

Wouldn't be the first time.

And even last time it did happen, they still won a flag.

I know.... Shouldn't have stayed in Div 4 :cry: :cry:
by Dolphin Treasure
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

No they dont.

he's got like a game or two left i think.
How can you say people don't change? You know the kid do you? People change all the time.
What's how many games left got to do with anything?
When was his last suspension? Can't recall him getting games in at least the last 5yrs.,

Shit, how bad are your active listening skills.

He missed the first X amount of games this year through suspension from the 2016 GF. This was established about a page back :roll:

Just because you can't recall it ,it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

How many games he's got left means that he needs to really behave himself to ensure he can keep playing footy.

They don't get to that many games for nothing.

He sounds like a hot head!
by Dolphin Treasure
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

random people just tell me stuff DT! :)

Wouldn’t surprise me if you were on our players page under an alias :lol:

We have luckily picked up Brad Johansen, almost like for like I’m told.

haha..im that guy nobody hears from, never trains but hes in every group chat.. :P

johansen looks good..for some reason that name is familiar or it could just be my brain playing tricks..did he sign last year or have a brother sign last year?

Hahahaha he does have a brother playing for us.
by Dolphin Treasure
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |