Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

:shock: so do you owe me a beer or do I owe you a beer? ;)

Found this vaguely relavent & also hilarious.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/south-sudanese-high-school-basketball-player-arrested-in-canada-accused-of-faking-age/news-story/c98d2dea92642a32522f5c759711df72
Reminds me of this:
carlos.jpg
by The Bedge
Wed May 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Mate you're the one who come on here and called yourself sandbaggers last night. What do you expect people to come back at you with when you have that scenario as a club?
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Ha seems I have touched a nerve..... a number of posters jumping to their own defence....

I like all participants of this forum are entitled to an opinion..... all opinions are equal, but some are more equal than others .

The post was my opinion of what I have read on here... end of story.
by turk186
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Looking forward to needing 3 balls and not just one spare behind the goals we are kicking too. 43 and 53 scoring shots the last 2 weeks so let's say each shot takes an average of 10 seconds to retrieve the ball. That's allot of wasted time. A spare ball at each end makes sense. Let's have a vote?

a lot of time is wasted whilst the opposition have the ball as well..get rid of them and then you can just pile the goals on like a training drill.. 8)

Much like last year's gf

if you say so..where you there?? :shock: 8)

the reserves coach hogged quality players and left the A grade and their coach to be relegated as he got his flag..this year the A grade is much stronger..hence, so are the reserves..
by zedman
Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ugly game of football at dolphin park. BOS had a high press which bottled the game. BOS hurt CBC on the counter. Hillman was smart enough to bring his man up the ground then nudge his man under the ball with space behind him.

I heard it was a bit of an arm wrestle DT when I caught up with the lads on Saturday night.

I was much pleased with our 2's digging deep after being outplayed for much of the game to hit the front with a minute to play. Our first win in the 2's against CBC in our short history as well.
by wassprinttospace
Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When was the last time Hope Valley missed the finals in the magoos?

S Demon ?

I have been at the club since 2004, and don't recall us missing the 5 in my time, either.
Probably mid-late 90's we would have. I know the A grade struggled in 95 after winning the premiership and losing half their side the following year. We fought it out though, unlike the current day teams
by S Demon
Mon May 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didak to play B grade at Pooraka remainder of the season.

I will clear it all up now Alan Didak at this stage is a 90 percent chance of playing 1 game for us in the B grade. It's a one of game and it's to play with his brother and long time friends.

Anything else said at this stage is incorrect.

Almost had a similar situation happen with us a few years ago with Jarrad Rivers, except he wanted to play more than a handful of games incl finals. He was desperate to play a game of footy with his mates and older brother & wanted to win a flag. Those boys were in the b's in the twilight of some very good a grade careers & couldn't commit to playing A's. There was murmurs that Jarrad would have to play a grade if he was going to play for us. This wouldn't have sat comfortably with me. AFL players make huge sacrifices for the game, he deserved a testimonial as such. He ended up taking the Frankston coaching role making it impossible to come out to the dolphins. In all honesty I doubt anyone would've stopped him from playing b grade with his mates. We weren't traveling the best at the time so I could understand the clubs desperation for him to play A's. FWIW Jarrad is a ripping bloke.
Jarrad Rivers is my sons favourite player, so good to hear he's a ripping bloke
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only my facts count as I'm mates with Alan and we spoke for a while about him playing
Don't forget to pick up that name you just dropped

Funny enough I use to drive him to his games when he was 17 is a very good friend of mine so I'm very happy to clear up any third hand stories

Didak has got form for getting in the wrong car

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/magpies-night-with-accused-killer/2007/06/28/1182624084999.html
by Jimmy_041
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks to Glenunga for their hospitality at yesterdays live call.

It was a great day and a very powerful display against a clearly undermanned Greenies outfit. Hard not to be impressed by the club. Very professionally managed and their new club rooms and facilities are fantastic.

They are extremely well coached. I've had a bit to do with Leysy through work and knew he was a good operator but one of the more impressive coaches I have seen. Real educator of his young troops. Had a beer with him after the game and he also is a real analytical thinker.

Very much a club on the way up. I will be very surprised if they are not in Div 4 next year.
by wristwatcher
Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After winning D5R last year, and playing in the last TWO D5R grand finals.. how do People see Pulteney this year amongst the top sides? How do they stack up?

What?? Wait?? Huh!?! They ARE NOT in this div?? They got RELEGATED despite this B/C grade success??!!??

Noooo.. they approached Glenunga for a MERGER!?!

What a shit "club"!
by The Bedge
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CBCOC at home are the form team. They would cause big headaches in div 4.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Life ban

You want to be south side of Grand Junction road before sunset before they close the boom gates
by MW
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dolphin Treasure wrote:Grand junction Rd also know as the mullet line.

Nothing wrong with a good mullet! 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

The coach does have a lid on that sort of thing and throughout the year anything like that we have dealt with in house and the playing group know that the club is not afraid to dish out their own suspensions so people learn! In this particular incident, it was a 2 person altercation so him "putting himself in that position" is a bit hard when there was an opposition player involved that was the instigator!! But either way, a 3 game suspension is absolutely beyond a joke.. Hence the reason we had a letter from salisburys coach going into our defence, the other player involved was in our defence letting the league know that there was nothing in it besides some tongue and cheek, a push and him trying to draw a free kick, also had another Salisbury player rock up to the tribunal last night in our defence once again stating that there was nothing in it and it shouldn't have been anything more than a free kick if that!! But even with all of that, the league didn't listen to a word and dished out a 3 game penalty with 3 points on top trying their absolute hardest to keep us from any sort of success this year.. If you can read, you will understand the frustration and if you have any idea about anything you will realise that if so many people from Salisbury were there for his defence that maybe it's a load of ******* crap

perhaps some context so you can at least vent correctly

The Tribunal is not the League, it is an independent group of highly qualified people appointed by the League to manage all player reports within the guidelines provided by The League

The Tribunal would not give a toss about the club involved, it looks at the report as it stands and it would be a very brave person to question these peoples integrity
by Executive Member
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 reports

Bloke from Salisbury west got 8 for a headbutt

Aaron lord from Smithfield got 6 for striking

Clifton from eastern park 3 for striking

interesting that the suspensions are from northern clubs!!!!! Stop picking on those clubs from the wrong side of Grand Junction RE :roll: ;)

Grand junction Rd also know as the mullet line.

Bogan Bingo at IF this Saturday night. More than welcome to come along :lol:
by old farmer
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
old farmer wrote:
Bogan Bingo at IF this Saturday night. More than welcome to come along :lol:

haha, dress code: Come as you are ;) :lol:

*runs*

Says that coming from Hope Valley :roll: :lol:

Hey, at least we're 500m south of the mullet line :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Meh, obviously haven't learnt from their previous offences, egg on a lot of peoples faces, President is awfully quiet considering he was the leader of the Rosewater rebirth, new club, new values, same dickheads ruining the club, blah blah blah......

Bit harsh all year they been good and one person has gone and wrecked it. If this was a first offense by the person then the club could not have seen this coming
Not his first offence, previous was trivial but when on thin ice you don't skate.
by SKUNK
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dolphins run out winners by 9 goals, big Matty Raymond with 5 goals, was a close game until the last quarter.
by Nixon
Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Rumour flying around that Salisbury West may be starting 2018 on negative points after the tribunal last night. Will make preseason a tough gig if true!?

Wouldn't be the first time.

And even last time it did happen, they still won a flag.

I know.... Shouldn't have stayed in Div 4 :cry: :cry:

I am hearing you, played in the losing prelim that year.
by Boosh
Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Yeah for such huge money. We've been taking a cut from the Hanson hookers . We're the new pimp. Thanks for your contribution.
Now that you've got your football cattle in order, maybe you can work on upgrading your hookers now. ;)
Why?
Apparently they're bringing in the big bucks already.

Maybe they aren’t getting paid by the club per say. Maybe they get to pimp out a hooker each.
They drew straws on that, no one did well but some did worse than others. We've been found out now , that's how we're getting all these new players.
by Power ranger
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Danky$$ wrote:Kilburn recruiting left right and centre. Going to take the piss out of this Comp. Honestly who’s gonna play on Rhys O’keffe??

So we can lock them in for 70 goal losses in 2019 when the money tree losses it's green.
by Fevola 25
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

I reckon this will be the div that will throw up all sorts of upsets and unpredictability throughout the year and will be harder to pick than a fresh scab. Near on impossible to do a ladder but there are 3 big questions in the div from the Fev.

1. Is the self appointed mayor of forum town the Shrek and his club all just hype or are they a genuine Premiership hope. I think their years of pulling flags out their ass are done. I think they will be in div 4 in 2018 & 19
2. How will Thommo go at Eastern Park and what effect will he have on the club and recruits. If Dwight becomes a fortress again where they are 8 and 1 or even 7 and 2 they are likely to be in the promotional mix
3. Glenunga basically toyed with div 5 and were labelled by some as the most impressive div 5 unit seen. They will be strong but tested in div 4. How well will they respond to challenges at a higher level? You list off their top 8 names and they are the best in the div. if they are all up and running they will only be in Div 4 for a year

Glenunga the most impressive unit div 5 has seen? I have seriously heard it all now. Covered easily by Pultney, Plympton, Golden Grove and i’d throw both ours and Woodville Souths 2013 teams also. They were the premiers and a good team but seriously??
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Wonder if Blackfriars Oval was considered?

Before we rip in, I'm going to give Dolphin Treasure a right of reply.

However, it has come to my attention that we were approached by CBCOC to have the game at our ground and we said NO, so as a result, they've possibly found the farthest away possible oval from us as a result 8)

I’m not involved in any decision making but our preference would be a large oval to suit our game style. Interestingly our b grade & A grade assistant from last season is involved with Marion now. So it would be a fair assumption that someone from the club reached out to Daisy. I hope Distance from hope valley wasn’t a major factor in the decision making process. Although I’m sure the decision makers are well aware it’s a fair drive from Hope Valley to Marion ;)

In saying that it’ll b great to have a look at Marion Oval & it’s facilities.

It's massive and in excellent nick to boot - I was helping out training for a basketball tourny (just behind the oval) and the oval is massive
by Footy Chick
Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |