Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

careful wazz and corona.
if you two keep talking like this you may get elected to the HFL board.

(Mind you these are the sort of ideas that it definitely needs.)
by footytragic001971
Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

someone send up the bat signal!

where are the caped crusaders weekly tips??
by footytragic001971
Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am not sure there is a football team in the country at any level that spreads there money evenly.
I certainly wouldn't pay Trengove the same as I paid Wingard.
by footytragic001971
Wed May 04, 2016 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it is dangerous to right Uraidla off, but I do suspect it suggests they are not as all powerful as they once were (not long ago).
But the current table positions should be looked at in the context of the teams played.
For example, Hahndorf haven't played Blackwood, Torrens Valley or Uraidla yet.
we will find out just how powerful they are in the next three weeks.
by footytragic001971
Tue May 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah fair call Corona. I don't know for a fact, but I would like to believe there is still teams out there that are
full of guys playing footy (and of course getting some money) whose main motivation is success.
In my experience any team who has too many guys only there for the coin will not be successful.

Being able to buy a flag is a complete myth perpetuated by the naïve!
by footytragic001971
Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are making one major assumption duck. And that is that these players are motivated by money.
Not everyone is. Some just want success!
by footytragic001971
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well said wazz and herewegoagain. Too many people seem to work on the theory that good players only play
for teams if their is large sums of money in it for them. And this is just not true!!!
I am certain there is lots of outstanding footballers who just want to enjoy playing at their local club and to play in successful teams.

The blanket statement that Hahdorf have put this squad together on the back of a huge pile of money is just plain wrong.
No doubt they have guys who are being payed well for their services, but it is primarily made up of guys who played junior footy at the club
and have come back. Torrens Valley on the other hand struggle to get juniors through so they have to buy more talent. I say go for it, because
most of the guys they have brought in have stayed for a long time and become good contributors to the club.
There is more than one way to be successful!

It is probably fair to say that the two best teams made the grand final, and it should be an excellent contest.
by footytragic001971
Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh Dutchy.
How dare they try and improve their position from bottom last year by trying to entice some good footballers
to come and participate in this league and play for their club!!!

seriously?
by footytragic001971
Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If that is the case coaster, then he would be an asset to any team!
by footytragic001971
Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |