Search found 36 matches

Return

Re: No footy again next week for me and my team

Okay, I see his and your points and you are right...

I will take you to task on the 'gag' comment however, as that is not the case at all...

It just gets a bit mundane seeing the same complaint rolled out every couple of weeks. We get it...

Posting the same message, time and time again, on a public footy forum, isn't going to change it for this season, at least...

The League would be well and truly aware of what has transpired this season and the feedback from the clubs has been very strong...

I would suspect he wont be having this same gripe next season and that there will hopefully be all 5 games being played in the same round...

I'd like to see the SANFL come out and confirm something to that affect BP. Given previous decisions and track record it's fair to assume they don't know what's going on or at least may not address it. When they start debating a drop in crowds is balanced by you tube and Twitter hits, you know they're entering la la land. One person watching YouTube one year and two the next is a 100% increase and adds zero revenue to an SANFL club. Personally, I'm assuming the SANFL board is not currently acting in the best interest of the SANFL.
by Dogs72
Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Big Phil is normally the one that starts the live scores thread, havnt had it for quite awhile and only on a few occasions this year.
The cynic in me tells me he has been told not to start them to boost online numbers in other areas ;)

I for one cant be assed finding it elsewhere and dont care that much that I have to find out the scores, i just get them as they filter through in the match threads, sometimes this can take a day or so. This is what the comp has become
Yep, interest at an all time low.
One of the smallest crowds I've seen at the Parade today

So what? There were two posts on Instagram, 100 hits on the SANFL website, and five "tweets", all up 200%. Adding x amount of revenue to clubs, all is grand, nothing to see here.
by Dogs72
Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hmmm with sadismos statements made inferring they were backed by facts, is he really;

A) steven trigg
B) rob chapman
C) Keith thomas
D) john Olsen
E) Tripodi
F) David burtenshaw
G) Pinocchio?
by Dogs72
Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

If this peanuts strong belief is the SANFL is better with the (the all teams) in, then can he please explain to the majority of us WHY? What leads to this strong belief? Is it tweets and website hits? My strong belief is they add nothing to the SANFL competition.

I think I'm just about done, had enough. They're not listening. In some small way, now I almost wish my club had voted yes, then I could comfortably walk away. Torn, I have to stick with them.

Stuff you other piss weak boards.
by Dogs72
Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R 17 - Eagles vs Crows Reserves @ Woody Oval

matt35 wrote:That Crows side looks pretty strong. Hopefully should be able to get the win against an Eagles side that has looked a bit wobbly over the last couple of weeks.

So you're the one.
by Dogs72
Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Well the game was terrible but the Central supporters were great. Some of the chants at the southern end were gold. The send off the Crows players got was also great. They look honestly surprised that not everyone loves them.

If the Crows can't pull a decent crowd with no AFL on, then surely the SANFL can now see that the reserves sides are worthless to them.

Go South, Sturt, Eagles and Kangaroos!

I hope if south don't win, then the crows smash the others and romp in the gf. The other boards voted for this farce. Maybe then they'll listen to their members (but I doubt it).
by Dogs72
Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/dominant-crows-a-reason-to-be-concerned-for-sanfl/news-story/3877ca6a862adc97724fbdcc2693435b

Err... hate to say we told you so

W Partland a lone voice in the afl centric media. A lot of respect for his efforts. Sick of seeing dimwits in the comments throwing out the same old ficticous line about how the SANFL would be gone weren't it not for the afl teams.
by Dogs72
Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Part of the problem is they're putting the discontent down to centrals losing on the weekend, the crows are playing their first final, haven't dominated etc. etc. but it's not all about win loss. It's about integrity and the fact the afl teams have added nothing to the league since their inception. Roo said "crowds have been declining for 20 years", this blanket statement is factually incorrect, but people believe it. Crowds were stable if not increasing pre- the reserves inclusion. They've now declined between 20-30%. The power reserves crowds are down about 27% due disenfranchised magpies supporters leaving the SANFL, and despite the reserves being more successful than the magpies. It's not about win loss.
No Roo, SANFL supporters aren't disenchanted by one crows win. There's 275 pages of evidence prior to show this.
by Dogs72
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here it is, from behind the Great Paywall of Murdoch. Make of it what you will. I'll say this, though: for all his spruiking, I wonder if he went on the weekend, or if he'll go this Sunday?

A SIDE has hardly dominated a competition when, over a three-year period, it has a win-loss record of 27-27 and one draw ... has it?

Adelaide’s SANFL side finished eighth in 2014, seventh in 2015 and this year fourth at the end of the home and away season.

On the weekend the SANFL Crows played in their first final in three years and happened to play their best game for the year. As a result, they won.
If they played like they had the game prior they would have been knocked out in the elimination final. It’s not exactly the form line of a Hawthorn is it?

The Crows played Central District in the final — a side that had not only beaten them twice this year but beat them by a record 55 points in Round 13.
Central had every reason to be confident going into the game.

Unfortunately, coach Roy Laird chose to publicly focus on the SANFL’s decision to “bend over” to allow Cameron Ellis-Yolmen to play instead.

CEY had played 16 SANFL games this year and only two AFL games — one a result of Rory Sloane’s suspension a week prior. The Crows could have played Sloane and Brodie Smith on the weekend but didn’t.

I’m not sure what Roy tried to achieve by this but it came across poorly and the SANFL felt the need to fine him as a result.

I would highly doubt that his comments had a positive impact on his players. In fact I would say there is every chance it had a negative effect.
Just for the record, the Crows had 10 players 21 years old and younger. Eleven of them had no AFL experience at all. Six had played 20 AFL games or less and only five had played an AFL game this year.

Three others were ‘top up’ players who have only played a handful of SANFL games between them.

The Crows are having their best year in the SANFL, winning twelve games and losing, seven so hardly dominating.

The AFL team has had the least amount of injuries of any side in the competition and as a result has a strong team in the SANFL.

It’s no different to any other SANFL side having an injury-free year. When you do, your team goes well. When you don’t, they don’t play so well.
South Adelaide, unfortunately, has injuries to several of its best players this week ... is that the Crows’ fault? I don’t think so.

South has beaten the Crows twice this year like Central had. South won by 38 points against the Crows only 10 days ago. Surely they won’t have the same negative attitude as Central did.

Like Central, both of those wins were at their home ground because of the fact that every Crows match in the home and away season is an away game.

Finals, however, are played at Adelaide Oval, which is where they should be. Surely that’s where the players would want to be as well?
Even in the AFL the finals are compromised slightly. Take Geelong finishing above Hawthorn but having to “host” their final at the Hawks’ home ground the MCG on Friday night.

Whether Central or other clubs agree with the Crows and Port being in the SANFL, surely it’s time to move on isn’t it?

The SANFL made the decision and the clubs have to get on with the job. The SANFL would have thought long and hard about this decision given that it was clear that some clubs were against it.

The SANFL bosses must have thought it was in the competition’s best interest to have the AFL clubs in, otherwise they wouldn’t be.
The Crows pay each SANFL club $50,000 a year, so $400,000 total annually, just to play in the competition. That’s big money for the clubs and big money for Adelaide. Could the SANFL clubs do without it?

Isn’t it better having 10 teams and not nine?

’m sure the players from the other eight sides love shaping up against the AFL teams to test themselves out.

I remember my dad picking me up from school early so I come down and play for Westies on Norwood’s Garry McIntosh as a 16-year-old. I was extremely nervous but also very excited about the challenge and I am still here to tell the story.

Like it or not, the SANFL has been on the decline since the Crows came in back in 1991. Just like every state-based league since the VFL turned national and became the AFL.

Crowds have been falling away since then. The Crows predicted bigger crowds but they unfortunately haven’t come. Channel 7, however, is very happy with the television numbers when they broadcast their game of the week.

On the weekend they had an audience of about 100,000 viewers over the two games.

It is crucial that the two AFL sides have reserves teams. To have them train and play together with the same coaches and gamestyle is a big winner.

It is also important for the SANFL itself that the AFL sides perform well, given that proceeds from AFL crowds flow through to the SANFL coffers.

But back to the SANFL finals — the rules are set, the Crows and Port are in the competition.

Let’s not get emotional about one week of footy, let’s enjoy the SANFL finals for what they are.

Great footy at one of the best stadiums in the world with spring weather to top it off.

If the Crows beat South Adelaide then good luck to them. If they lose, they’re out and congratulations to South.

Let’s not focus on whether they should be there or not, three years after the decision was made.

I'm going to respond to this tonight, unfortunately I'll have to subscribe first. I'm sick of the blatant lies, they can't hide behind ignorance and lack of research. A few key points- no crowds weren't dropping before the reserves (afl spin), 100k viewers crap, is 10 teams better than 9? Not when as a result crowds have dropped 20-30%, we now have more byes, 18 games instead of 20 and integrity has been lost. The old line about the $400,000 being so important. The television cost $300k, lost revenue from 80,000 supporters no longer going since their inception- that must be about $800,000k etc etc. Fuming, sick of false propaganda and afl supporters and advocates that don't go to games or obviously know to much about the SANFL, telling me how I should think.
by Dogs72
Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Roo;
"Just for the record, the Crows had 10 players 21 years old and younger "

Yes, one was Milera that played for Central last year. Central had 13 Players 23 or under.

". Eleven of them had no AFL experience at all.

Central 19 of them had no AFL experience at all

Six had played 20 AFL games or less and

Central two have played 12 afl games or less

only five had played an AFL game this year.

Only zero had played an AFL game this year.
None had played 200 plus AFL games.
None are fulltime footballers.
None get to train "here a lot" -Younie (Adelaide Oval)
All are full time workers outside of football.
None fall under a $10.6million salary cap or an extra $1m outside of the cap if veterans. They do come under a cap 26.5 times less.
by Dogs72
Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've had my gripe. Now to see if they allow it in the comments of Roo's article: Apologies an adaptation of what I've posted here previously.

Mark writes:

"Just for the record, the Crows had 10 players 21 years old and younger"

Yes, one was Milera that played for Central last year. Central had 13 Players 23 or under.

"Eleven of them had no AFL experience at all."

Central 19 of them had no AFL experience at all

"Six had played 20 AFL games or less"

Central, two have played 12 AFL games or less

"only five had played an AFL game this year"

Central, only zero had played an AFL game this year.
None had played 200 plus AFL games.
None are fulltime footballers.
None get to train "here a lot" -Younie (Adelaide Oval)
All are full time workers outside of football.
None fall under a $10.6million salary cap or an extra $1m outside of the cap if veterans. They do come under a cap 26.5 times less.

None have access to 24/7 state of the art medical and rehab facilities to assist with injury recovery.

"Let's not get emotional about one week of footy" - Surely, you can't be serious? I can understand win or lose you're not overly fussed as you have an AFL team. For SANFL supporters a premiership that their players have "busted a gut" for, is considered quite important. We know winning in the SANFL is not the prime goal of the SANFL reserves as has been stated by Trigg, Sanderson and Younie this year.

"Let's not focus on whether they should be there or not, three years after the decision was made", so you're saying that if the Crows board or a company made a decision three years ago which was proving to be costly, damaging and threatening their existence, let's not focus on it but continue on as if all is fine?

If the Alma made a decision that led to a significant drop in patronage, if advertising on commercial t.v was costing you money (for no result), but as long as people were visiting your website, downloading your app and two wealthy patrons still wanted to use your facilities then continue as the decision was made three years ago?
by Dogs72
Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did your reply stay on the comments section Dogs72???

The SANFL wouldn't be happy if it did.

Yes both still there.

I didn't even get to some of it, the change in Tripodis vote, the availability of Seedsman (that wouldn't have happened for WWT or an SANFL club that had the week off), his dismissiveness and questioning of Roy speaking out, whose missed one finals series since 2003, and coached 7 premierships etc. etc.
Do you think they wont be happy because it's inaccurate? Should I expect a fine?
by Dogs72
Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

another grub wrote:Is a perm-anant part of the team now

He no fake

Toupee, I mean touché
by Dogs72
Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows and Magpies should be banned from playing SANFL finals, says Cara Jenkin

CARA JENKIN, The Advertiser

September 13, 2016 2:13pm

THE SANFL has a very short amount of time to address the AFL-in-SANFL debacle before it kills the league completely.

Already it has caused fans to turn away. The further the Crows go, the more they spit on SANFL clubs, while supporters get disillusioned about following their team each year.

Because it’s not a fair playing field and all footy fans have ever wanted was fairness to both teams on the field.

I won’t go into all the reasons why it’s not fair, because they’ve been said before numerous times by SANFL club officials and fans.

But just try luring new people into a sport and supporting a team when their best prospect is getting flogged if they face an AFL team in finals.

Not all supporters are as passionate as me and my Dad and will front up to SANFL games whether their team is getting flogged or not. Fans will lose interest, and already those who are leaving the league are not being replaced.

It’s all very well and good for people who have barely attended a SANFL game – and have vested interested in the AFL teams – to tell the fans who are complaining to suck it up.

But finals mean something to all those affiliated to SANFL clubs that are in them.

It means nothing to AFL clubs who treat the games as a training run.

Winning an SANFL premiership means nothing to Adelaide FC supporters.

Who’s going to paint roundabouts in Crows colours when that side wins an SANFL premiership? Will it lift the spirits of a community? Will the premiership cup tour the state and be given pride of place in the trophy cabinet as AFL cups would? Not likely.

It’s like a silver Olympic medal for an athlete who is used to winning gold.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK

I don’t care if my team has beaten the Crows all season – when finals came, rules were appealed and 20 AFL-listed players were stacked into the AFL side, what chance does the other team have?

When a team’s own captain can’t get a run in a team because he’s not good enough, there’s something seriously wrong.

So what if most of the players in the AFL-aligned side have played few games at AFL level – they are still the cream of the crop from the SANFL and other leagues, all rolled into one team.

You can’t tell me Central’s arguably best player in last year’s finals series, this year fronting for the other side in a team of blokes just like him, won’t make a difference to the result.

This is the third year AFL sides have played in SANFL and it’s the third year one of the teams has made finals.

It may have taken a couple of years for the concept to gel but the writing now appears to be on the wall.

It doesn’t matter if the AFL team goes on to win a premiership or not, just being part of finals is damaging enough. Especially when the games – a neutral venue for all other teams – are being played at their home ground.

If the AFL sides really want to face good opposition and play the way they want through the season, then let them. But I’ve said all along, don’t let them play for premiership points. Maybe the SANFL club can get bonus points if they win during the season, or maybe it’s just a scratch match.

Come finals, the two AFL sides can play eachother until the last side bows out of the AFL finals to keep the players prepared. It can’t be any easier a game than the AFL clubs already have it on the field, going by the two SANFL finals results this year, and they can be guaranteed match time until the end of the season.

These sides should not be playing finals. It makes a mockery of the competition, turning it into a training, fitness and recruitment ground for the AFL sides, when to passionate players and upporters it means so much more.

Do you agree? Have your say below.

News Corp Careers section editor Cara Jenkin is a passionate Central Districts supporter, who also follows the Crows - but only in the AFL.
by Dogs72
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/michelangelo-rucci/no-longer-does-everyone-love-the-crows-writes-michelangelo-rucci/news-story/d2e30fddffe6168bd205e30792a81a36

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/michelangelo-rucci/michelangelo-rucci-looks-at-the-case-for-afl-reserves-teams-in-the-sanfl/news-story/322716e6b373335ffc9726af0e1bd96d

Someone's had a bit of a crack at Ruccis latest two Reserves articles. Quite possibly the worst two articles ever written re the reserves (sorry kickinit)

"Michelangelo your current club captain is spot on .

Steve Summerton Facebook quote - "none of this one club #$%^ - its never been one club. That was just a ploy to try to get the Magpies supporters on board with the power. It makes me sick...A power reserves team will be full of blokes not playing for the prison bars, but playing only to get themselves noticed by the afl side. They will be playing AT our club not FOR our club...the integrity of the SANFL is now dead...and take down all the premiership flags down from the port power rooms and put them in the magpies rooms - you didn't win them the magpies did!"

Great to see some integrity and foresight"[i]

[i]Geez, and here I was last year cheering on who I thought was Wayne Milera being "nurtured" at central district. Obviously if it weren't for port he would never have been good enough to be drafted. What garbage .

Turn Adelaide into an authentic club in the SANFL, there couldn't be a quicker way to close the doors of the SANFL, unless of course you give every SANFL club state of the art training facilities, full time footballers and a 10.6m salary cap. This is perhaps the worst article ever written re for or against the reserves debate.

The one club hasn't exactly worked a treat for the power. Now with the 8th worst home crowd attendances in the league as the loyal magpie supporter is now lost and disenchanted.

You constantly rabbit on about what's best for the afl clubs how about what's best for SANFL clubs in the SANFL competition.

The afl clubs will survive not being in the SANFL as they did successfully pre 2014. But the SANFL clubs will not survive with the afl clubs using the SANFL.

Michelangelo in your other article re the advantages of the reserves, you can only really put forward a couple of flimsy points.

The t.v rights; you say the $1m paid to seven was sourced by the afl clubs sponsors. Is this really correct or has the SANFL had to come up with $300,000 or the equivalent of $37,500 a club (for two or 3 games). You say if fox televise a vfl reserves competition people will stay at home on their couch and not venture to suburban grounds. Are you serious? Isnt this what's happening now and therefore not helping attendances or the survival of clubs? So people will stay home to watch Sydney reserves play Collingwood?

Have seven signed on for 2017?

You say what will happen when 5000 go to the crows versus Essendon at thebarton. Are you serious? Crows supporters don't go currently and port home game attendances have dropped 35%. In the VFL an Essendon v Collingwood game struggles to get over 2,000. We all know how good pro reserves advocates are at attendance predictions.

The constant raising of the $50,000 received per club as such a positive is never countered with the in excess of $800,000 lost revenue per year due to the close to 30% drop in crowds since their inception.

It's pretty obvious the experiment has failed. No one blames the crows or port for doing what they perceive in their best interest. But it's not in the interest of the SANFL clubs. It is now the fault of spineless SANFL boards and directors. As Roy said the SANFL now always will bendover to the AFL - there's too many afl board careers on the line.

Why did your friend Tripodi change his vote at the last minute (besides the lifting of recruitment restrictions due salary cap breaches)?

The afl don't want a national comp, with 13 afl clubs losing money, they'd rather "use" the SANFL and wafl. See the rumblings coming out the West, with peel thunders recent result.

For the sake of integrity and the only chance the SANFL has, take the risk
by Dogs72
Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 3 LIVE Scores

stampy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Wouldn't know it was a Crows home game, sounds like 10 thousand Sturt fans and no Crows fans going off noise made.

wank wank wank.....................again gawd you are a boring toss :roll:

Well don't think about him while doing it, and in future you don't have to tell us all.
by Dogs72
Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My pleasure. The average IQ on this thread is pretty low, so perhaps not obvious to all...

What'll you all talk about next season when the Crows and Power 2nds fail to make the finals???

Well one of them has made it each year so far. They might both make it next year, who knows and not the main point. What some on here fail to comprehend, is this thread wasn't started after Port made the GF in 2014, or after the Crows made the finals this year. We've been talking about this, the worst decision in SANFL history, before they entered and very week since their entry.
by Dogs72
Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Warren and Norwood part company!

Garry Hocking on his way to Norwood?

Be interesting to see how he'd go. I remember him saying how much hard work it was in coaching the Power reserves in the SANFL. Of course it may have proven harder if he worked under the same conditions as his peers., part time, no full time team, no state of the art technology, facilities, medical support and facilities etc.
by Dogs72
Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mic wrote:This won't get through as Power and Crows won't want any sort of cap, and it's all about what the Crows and Power want.

Let's see if the SANFL and six clubs stand up for the first time. I think it's fair to give the afl clubs the option.

Take it or join the amateurs.
by Dogs72
Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

GMcG wrote:
whufc wrote:Josh Glenn back at Centrals again

so much for no-one liking him at Centrals!

He met with the leadership group and they were happy with what they heard.
by Dogs72
Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would any SANFL team consider 'John Butcher' next year?

*Bump*

So is the great man off to Centrals?
I'm hearing $$$$ being offered don't suit the big fella?

My understanding is $$$ not the problem - not directly.
My understanding is GOAL KICKING is the problem. Palease. The bloke cannot kick.

Seventh on the goal kicking, about 2.3 a game. At least makes a contest. Havelberg at FF Butcher at CHF, Edmead, Jenner, Fort ,Presbury and co for the crumbs or other options, I wouldn't mind that. Quietly confident, he'll come over.
by Dogs72
Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

blueandwhite wrote:Massive recruiting drive by the Magpies....

They can recruit who they want, pay them what they want, and at the same time deplete the quality of the opposition; how good would that be?? :twisted:

The SANFL competition somehow manages to get more and more unlikeable.
by Dogs72
Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I m not looking forward to watching Leinert line up against us next year.
I enjoyed watching his old man play for Sturt, and I have watched him develop with interest. Taking the next step and becoming an AFL player is something we have learned to live with, way back in the days when Motley, Viney, Russell and co were all being drafted.
It ******* well stinks that they should line up with another SANFL side because they have been chosen to take that next step.
How the hell are we supposed to react on the terraces where Leinert tears it up fo rthe Magpies at Unley? Can't hate the man, he's one of ours! The only reason he's at Port is to have a chance to play AFL. Do we give him a polite golf clap then? Do we treat the game as a meaningless exhibition whose only real purpose is to develop those reserves palyers out on the park?
******* Port and Crows are ******* stinkers for pushing this reserves agenda through.
Anyone who doesn't feel the same basically has no passion for the SANFL.

I guess your clubs board and management "have no passion", they've been one of the biggest advocates.
by Dogs72
Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

At the end of the day a majority of people are only interested in watching their own team play, for those that are members the SANFL version is a third of the price of the AFL pass. The AFL pass is designed for mobile devices only. The AFL pass money does not go to your club.
Last year I had about 2 live streams to watch, this year itll be about 16. That works out about $2 for each of which goes to my club, theres no way I could complain about that.

I tend to agree,

I will definitely consider buying and im only interested in Centrals game so doesn't bother me all games aren't shown.

$29.99 great value for me to see all the CDFC games. Bonus the subscription also goes to the club. Stunned the sanfl has had a good idea this century.
by Dogs72
Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So that's what $400 a match is worth in words.

Seems like Russell Ebert's also done a 180 degree turn - isn't he featured in the latest Port Power ads that include some Magpie footage of him (post 1977 GF, IIRC)?

Funny he had a go at Keith Thomas, suggesting only Port people should decide what's best for Port. On that basis Bob McLean, tainted with red and blue, would never have been let in play at Alberton let alone run the footy department for decades, and Fos Williams would've been left to coach a stack of flags at somewhere else like Westies.

Was a very emotional time for many of us, some made statements or comments at the time that they may now wish they hadn't. Summo being one, I'd imagine and he wouldn't be alone.
Please, anyone that follows the sanfl, knows his facebook posting was true. I'm sure probably (allegedly) being the highest paid sanfl footballer along with the experience to play in one gf with the chance of more (when stacked with afl players) has bought his cooperation, and softened the blow of watching most his mates being shown the door. Particularly after playing in the mediocre real magpie sides, this century when the playing field was more even.
by Dogs72
Mon May 08, 2017 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know how to describe this article, but it probably captures how a few people feel about SANFL now.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/andrew-faulkner-the-day-our-local-footy-changed/news-story/898fab934de6e1629c83bcca6c77378d

Pretty sad to read this when as a South supporter for over 40 years I begged our board (with other members) to vote "no" to bring the AFL ressie sides in the competition. I could see the writing on the wall.

Sad thing is that the 2 AFL reserve sides cost us (Port 2014 and Cows 2016) 2 chances of winning our first premiership since 1964.
Just heartbreaking that it happened to us who stood by our principles and morals to vote "no".

Imagine how good it will be for the competition if the port or crows reserves were to win a premiership. How good would it be for their loyal supporters that have occasionally followed them for three years, through all the hardships. And for the players that have "bled" for the team, training in such poor facilities with limited coaching staff. Having to endure being full time footballers not getting to enjoy having to earn money outside of football. Think of their "supporters" southee and what a win would mean for their club. Though, don't think of any of my port or crows supporter friends. None of my crows mates went to the finals last year to see the south and central defeats. None of my port mates go or went to the gf against norwood or to watch the panthers lose that year. However I reckon a few have occasionally "liked" the articles on Facebook when their "team" wins, so all is good.
by Dogs72
Fri May 12, 2017 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9

I see Port dropped their skipper again.
Feel sorry for West, how many of their own developed players are now playing against them today? Snelling and Bonner?
Throw in the other SANFL players pilfered from other teams, Eddy, Irra, Leinert, Hewett.

Supporters yes, club no. The spineless directors voted them in. Sorry wrong thread....
On the game, isnt it great to see an "sanfl" team with such a small injury list. As all the pro lobbyists predicted the rigours of AFL footy is really smashing the teams competitiveness having to play so many "top ups".
Back to the game... lovely weather.
by Dogs72
Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9

Wedgie wrote:It's great for the comp though, it will only encourage traditional fans to go see their teams against pros and lose by over 20 goals.

You're overlooking the extra promotion the afl team has put in to this game and of course the million dollar media coverage.
by Dogs72
Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

It's easy to get the impression those in control of promoting, growing and ensuring the league is the best it can be, are actually sabotaging it. It appears it wouldn't be hard to do a better job.
by Dogs72
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see Sturt beaten by the Professionals (except for some of their supporters who didn't advocate their inclusion). The Sturt board seems to be one of the strongest advocates of the incursion, I guess they can be they won a flag. Also good to see Norwood out, though Tripodi and Pickard have one team left, with a chance.
Unfortunately I'll always have that "chip on my shoulder" against the boards and the SANFL that have ruined our competition.
by Dogs72
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals - Week 1

Not because we won but it was a very good umpiring performance
yesterday a couple of errors against both sides but they didnt influence
the result at all unlike the thoughts of Norwood supporters around me
who blamed the umps entirely for their loss
Umps definitely didn't cost us but that 25m penalty and resultant goal definitely appeared to take a bit of momentum away from us.
Live I thought the 25 was "lucky", but then saw the angle that the norwood player on the ground never let go of the Guernsey, to prevent Hoskin from playing on, so understand why it was paid.
by Dogs72
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good result today Slaven?
Professionals in a GF, twice in four years. The sanfl or sanfull or what ever their marketing/afl has dictated it is, is such a pathetic farcical "competition". Hope the power smash whatever bend over club they play in a fortnight.
by Dogs72
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Roses are red
magpies need teal blue
We've won a premiership this millennium
Unlike you........
You couldn't make a gf this century until you got taken over by full timers
Now piss off out of our comp

Sorry, couldn't rhyme the last two lines.
by Dogs72
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

Hopefully the power can smash the yes club by over 100 points (and peel thunder can do the same in the West). Might be the only hope for the future our league has. Though it sickens me the power can potentially claim a flag in the sanfl. The only way a "prison bar" port team has been able to make a gf this century is to be taken over by an AFL side.
by Dogs72
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let the 2 interlopers stay. But the matches we play against them aren't for points, they are trial games & they can't play finals.

Is there any sporting competition that has certain games that don't count for points?
We could be one of the first. We're already probably one of the most farcical competitions in the world (right up there with the dying wafl).
by Dogs72
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

UK Fan wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Edmead announced as signing with Norwood

http://norwoodfc.com.au/news/

A good player for us when he played. Hopefully continues to avoid the hard work and stack on the weight, test the hammys for the bend overs.
by Dogs72
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |