Search found 43 matches

Return

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

1. The crows decided to select CEY to play v West Coast last friday night.
When they did so, unless they were dumb,stupid or ignorant- or all of those , they would have known at the time that the standing [u]rules [/u] of the SANFL meant that he would be ineligible to play this week against Centrals.

2. The crows then lodged an appeal to the SANFL appeals committee for him to play. The appeal for whatever reason was upheld.

The sanfl are gutless spineless and just bloody weak for allowing this. But really what more can we expect from this lot.
by blueandwhite
Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Before I get howled down by the masses - I agree the SANFL have been spineless through out this whole ordeal since the Reserves sides came in and I don't like that they are in..

However, surely logic prevails in this situation.. CEY has played 2 AFL games all year, and 18 SANFL games. People cant feel hard done by that he is playing this week. He has played all year, he was a suspension replacement and would have been dropped this week if the AFL hadn't stupidly scheduled a bye after round 23 and we had AFL finals to watch this weekend.. I know its the rules that you are ineligible if you played AFL in the last round, but I think CEY qualifies for the extenuating circumstances in this case.

Seedsman, Sloane and Smith would be different cases as they all played majority of AFL, Seedsman only having played a couple of SANFL games. I don't think they should play this week
But what are these 'extenuating circumstances'? There are a set of rules in place, to ensure the Crows don't stack sides in finals, which the Crows are (presumably) aware of. They picked CEY in full knowledge of the consequences of doing so - this includes the consequences for both of their teams. He's replacing a suspended player? That's not good enough grounds for overturning his ineligibility. That's the Crows own fault (by extension), because Rory Sloane didn't have to clobber Ebert in the Showdown and get rubbed out for a week. Sloane keeps his fist to himself, he plays against the Eagles, and CEY stays in the twos and qualifies under the rules. By trying to overturn something that was entirely within their control the Crows want their apricot slice and to eat it too.

The rules are there for a reason. Unless the permit is a rubber stamp upon request, the onus is on the Crows to demonstrate what the extenuating circumstances are to justify eligibility. We're yet to know what these circumstances are.

The other issue here is not just this 'get into the SANFL finals free card' for ineligible players, but the fact that under the rules (as I understand it) Sloane, Seedsman, and Smith have qualified simply because they didn't play last week. The fact they've played the majority of games at AFL levels this year (as HT pointed out) suggests they should also be ineligible, not merely considered unavailable at the coach's discretion. In all honesty, I'm thankful Younie hasn't opted to pick these players when he is full within his rights to do so.
by Magellan
Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good onya Roy those AFL INTERLOPERS were told CDFC keep up the fight to get rid of this AFL CONTAGION out of the SANFL

NO AFL IN THE SANFL

in simple words just
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!

Well put. I hope we make it as hostile an environment as possible Saturday.

Sux that my mob features in this, but can make an exception this week .. Still one of the best Sanfl songs

https://youtu.be/Cd0nYYbsNoM
by JK
Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Not the Crows' fault the SANFL is dying. They didn't vote. Point all you like at 5AA, MMM, Riccuito and anyone whose primary focus is the AFL, but the real villains are the ones whose primary focus was meant to be the SANFL. Glenelg, North, West, Woodville-West Torrens, Sturt and Norwood are the right targets for the anger.

Would love to know whether Tripodi is still proud of the concessions he got in exchange for his vote.
by Grahaml
Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Twitter and Facebook hits are 100% up on 1960, the SANFL is saved!
by Wedgie
Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did your reply stay on the comments section Dogs72???

The SANFL wouldn't be happy if it did.

Yes both still there.

I didn't even get to some of it, the change in Tripodis vote, the availability of Seedsman (that wouldn't have happened for WWT or an SANFL club that had the week off), his dismissiveness and questioning of Roy speaking out, whose missed one finals series since 2003, and coached 7 premierships etc. etc.
Do you think they wont be happy because it's inaccurate? Should I expect a fine?

if they arent happy, it wont be because of any inacuracies (they were all in Roos bit). it will be because it is the truth.
by tipper
Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Van Berlo on MMM this morning. :roll:
KG asks him about professionals v amateurs regarding the reserves debate, he basically answers Yeah, but ON THE FLIP SIDE .. Then starts rattling off all these benefits for the Crows; really just 8 different ways of saying it's beneficial having the squad playing together. Not just for the Crows... But for Port as well!
Wow, the league is saved! Crows and Port are happy.

You'd think they'd get the Captain on rather than some nobody
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Add Wigg to that

Deserves to be at the head of that list.
by Magellan
Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just posted the following on the SANFL's Facebook page, not that I expect it to remain there long or get a reply.

"Will not be attending any further games in this final series - or watching the telecast - as there will only be one SANFL side playing each week and one professional side that should not be in the league.
Supporters are walking away in droves, the attendance in the finals clearly shows that, volunteers are walking away as they cannot see the point in giving their time up when at the end of the season AFL sides simply change gear and blow their teams off the park.
And all the while this is happening Nero fiddles as Rome burns..."
by Scoop
Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A south supporter being called a bandwagoner, I've heard it all now!!
by whufc
Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2016 week1: 8,351 week 2: both at Adelaide Oval
2015 week1: 8,031 week 2: 9,247 both at Adelaide Oval
2014 week1: 12,147 week 2: 13,431 both at Adelaide Oval
2013 week1: 5,866 week 2: 9,248 both at Football Park Poor finals crowds but GF Norwood v North 36,685
2012 week 1 7,126 week 2: 10,284 both at Football Park
2011 week1: 9,192 week 2: 11,443 both at Football Park
2010 week1: 11,449 week 2: 13,162 both at Football Park
2009 week1: 10,192 week 2: 14,207 both at Football Park
2008 week1: 15,825 week 2: 22,568 both at Adelaide Oval Port v Norwood, Central v Sturt; Sturt v Norwood, Glenelg v Central
2007 week1: 11,746 week 2: 14,764 both at Adelaide Oval
2006 week1: 11,902 week 2: 9,328 both at Adelaide Oval
2005 week1: 9,434 Adelaide Oval week 2: 12,056 Football Park
2004 week1: 11,842 Adelaide Oval week 2: 13,081 Football Park
2003 week1: 6,211 Football Park week 2: 8,145 Football Park - Top 4, both stand alone games
2002 week1: 10,765 week 2: 12,467 both at Football Park
2001 week1: 10,898 week 2: 18,463 both at Football Park
2000 week1: 15,539 week 2: 20,321 both at Football Park

Norwood West defensive zone game starts to take effect from 2012.
2014 Adelaide Oval redevelopment
Important dates beyond footy. Great financial crash 2009-2013 GMH goes from 3 shifts to sharing shifts.
by wild dog
Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many Crows AFL supporters actually support another SANFL side?
I have no interest in crows res games but happily go to westies

Could be, but if that's the case how does the inclusion of the reserves benefit the competition? Less rounds, byes, smaller crowds, totally compromised competition, no atmosphere, lack of integrity and reduced media interest beyond who will make next weeks AFL team.

The possibility of increased television audience when the Crowserves play; positives are there for the Crows and their sponsors, some spin off for the opposition sponsors I guess. Negative is once again the Crows are getting more and more exposure.

These are the things the SANFL needed to take into consideration when allowing Crows and Port to field reserves sides.
The previous model was just not working for the AFL clubs (I know that does not matter to everyone on here).
by MW
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep ringing/writing SANFL to complain.

Phone has been off the hook this week. Those at SANFL house starting to crack.

Keep up the pressure people Olsen and Parkinson have had to send an internal email to calm everyone down.

The time to raise a motion of no confidence in John Olsen at your clubs Agm is now.
by UK Fan
Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rucci has consistently pushed the 'club model' for the Ravens. I fail to see how it would make any difference. Removes the bye in the reserves and gives them a steadier pool of top ups to call on- big deal. The elephant in the room remains regardless.

In one article he's stating the Ravens play in-front of officials and family, and in the next he's predicting 5K crowds at AFL reserve games. Rightio.
by saintal
Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol did Rucci really write that a Crows and Essendon reserves game would get 5k to it.

Where do these blokes get off just making up blatantly exaggerated figures with no basis of fact to give their story more credit.
by whufc
Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/michelangelo-rucci/michelangelo-rucci-looks-at-the-case-for-afl-reserves-teams-in-the-sanfl/news-story/322716e6b373335ffc9726af0e1bd96d

The sky will fall if we don't do what the afl says. Bwwaaahhhh. Booneys smarter brother getting desperate.

150000 viewers and we pay them for tv rights ???

Let's call Ruucis bluff and tell them to piss off
by UK Fan
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 3 LIVE Scores

Man of the Match awarded to Sydney.
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why don't you actually give Sturt some credit. I watched the game. So when Hanson kicked the 3 goals in quick time was that the umpires fault. Sturt have been around the mark all year. The Crows probably played their best footy in the 2 finals they won. Sturt deserved the win and will probably beat WWT this Sunday

You all sit here and sook about the Crows and Port being in the SANFL and how much its ruining the SANFL and boo hoo . Seriously you all need to build a bridge. Its quite pathetic that 3 years has gone by and you still complain. I know from my time with an SANFL Club in recent years the players look forward to playing the Crows and Port because it gives them an opportunity to test themselves against AFL listed players.

Go and support your SANFL club. Every $ counts and you can actually watch some good football instead of wasting all your energy sitting in front of a computer eating a donut complaining about the AFL reserves in the SANFL. If you all hate the AFC and PAFC go boo them when the club you all say you love is playing them.

The SANFL is a fantastic league with both AFL clubs being part of it. You all just need to accept it wont change no matter how much you all cry on this thread!!

Just get the parasites out and get back to an even playing field.

Get the SANFL to get off their arse and start promoting the league.
Sort out the bloody website and put some one in charge of it that actually knows and cares about the SANFL.
Stream one game a week. Do a proper review of the games and pay for it if you have to, but get a full page spread in the paper every Friday Night with team reviews and news of each game.

Play every Saturday 2:10pm. Maybe the odd night game early season and bank holiday Monday's/ Anzac Day.
Start getting some tradition back, after all the SANFL's been here a damn sight longer than the AFL. Let everyone know, Saturday afternoon is SANFL time. F%#k when the Crows or Port are playing.

Play each other 3 times and cut out the byes.
Play the 3rd game at a neutral ground. We have at least 2 spare ovals with Thebby and Footy Park. Why not have a carnival at footy park where schools attend along with U15's, U16's, U18's, Ressies and A Grade are all there for both teams. It might even encourage some of the kids to come to SANFL games.

Get back to playing SANFL footy instead of some AFL hybrid with players who aren't skilled enough to play it. Get back to rough and tumble, the true essence of Aussie Rules
There'd be a few out there that aren't interested in the sanitised, corporate game the AFL has to offer.

If you want to get the fans back and encourage new ones, get back the integrity of the league and give them a genuine alternative to AFL.

Just like in the UK, not everyone wants to watch the EPL.
by johntheclaret
Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another South premiership

Don't tell me you've forgotten the '64 premiership already?
by Seaford Panther
Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just out of interest...

Are there any others out there not attending a Grand Final until the 2 interlopers are gone (if ever) ?
by LPH
Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

The image of Godden hands over his face when Kirkwood hit the final nail in was harrowing viewing. Can't say I know Mick well, I know his right hand man well and I felt for him there and then. He's a ripper of a bloke, rough watching him in that much agony. I've also got to know Allmond a bit, he too is a bloke you don't enjoy seeing with that blank on his face, hell of a nice fella.

On the other hand the images of Boyd in tears I could have watched for hours. Wundke, Ainger and Boyd have all chased that illusive dollar.....I mean premiership and they are not there just yet.
by Booney
Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

How frustrating is it that the opening line to the Advertiser's main article on Sturts great win is about no being able to hold onto Mattner due to AAFL clubs circling :roll:
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hazydog wrote:14 the number being bandied around.... but wait for it...will require a majority 6-2 vote by the clubs!

Hopefully someone abducts honest Joe and locks him up in a basement until the vote has been cast
by Jim05
Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

I've got an idea to help all clubs cash flow.
Do away with the 5 byes and play footy,
get supporters and sponsors to 5 more games and create enjoyment and much needed income!
5 games every week.
To me that is so simple?
Let us see what the league program holds in 2017.
by VALE PARK
Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:where would the rest of the Crows play? Would they start a reserves reserves team and take another 25 players out of the amateur/country system?

In the old VFL model that was capped at 15, the left overs went to the VFL reserves teams
by Jim05
Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:I see Bohdan has resigned at North.

:YMPARTY:
by Magellan
Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Josh Glenn back at Centrals again
by whufc
Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Have you ever been trout fishing with Nick O'Brien? He's not bad with the fly.

The one that plays with WWTFC? Is he still there?
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

Messenger this week.. six of eight SANFL teams have shown an interest in this PC experiment.. Six SANFL clubs posted financial losses this year.

Norwood suggest the SANFL will hand about 10K to clubs to finance the comp.

Adam Kelly says 4 licences will be issued by the end of the month.. So while we have a PC AFL Gilligan feel good exercise the real deal men's comp. is constrained by financial pressures.. Eventually the AFL/SANFL will ruin the breeding grounds of real football just to feel goo about this nothing comp.

Norwood say 48% of their supporters are female, this does not mean they want to participate or watch this PC exercise... Fantasia why does it make sense to have woman's footy? How many of these supporters go along and watch woman's footy now? bout the same number that watch men's netball I would imagine.

If the SANFL have 40k plus to throw around maybe they should spend it on the product which really does develop the future..
by vics01
Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Just playing by the rules put in place.

Oh, well that's ok then...
by Spargo
Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

The inaugural season of the SANFL Women’s League competition, which kicks off early next year, will be named the ‘Statewide Super Women’s League’ and will feature four teams following a month-long selection process.

The four clubs selected to be part of the inaugural women’s league are; Glenelg, North Adelaide, Norwood and West Adelaide.
If the Bay's have enough money for a chicks side I guess they don't need me to donate to the save the Tigers fund
by Jim05
Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was mentioned on 5aa that there is talk of capping the 2 reserves sides at 16 AFL listed players for finals only. What a ******* joke if true

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/33445863/peel-flag-forces-limit-on-number-of-afl-players-in-wafl-finals/#page1

WAFL has now imposed a limit of 15 for finals.
by saintal
Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty certain it's not related to that mate, I get the feeling the club is shit scared of any further infractions so it shouldn't be an issue
by JK
Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think it's funny - more... inevitable. Unless a significant, strategic and practical restructure is undertaken. Also keep in mind I don't associate the death of the SANFL with the death of the clubs. So whilst it is true that I have no time, sympathy or reverence for the administrative wing of the SANFL - nor their cronies, nor their anti-Port militia in the media - I do however have all of that and more for you know, the actual clubs and the people (including the supporters) therein.

All perfectly fair and reasonable.

Having said that the delusions, hypocrisy, bias and grim grip on yesteryear by sad and bitter old men in this thread...? That I do find funny in a macabre kind of way.

The thought by most AFL supporters in this state with little to no interest in the SANFL, that the SANFL fans are all stuck in the competitions glory days is miles off the mark. We all understand we play 2nd fiddle (with daylight in between) to big brother, and that's fine, we just want our own competition to be fair and equitable, and thriving at a lower level, and dont see it as an unreasonable wish. We're happy to be the breeding ground for players talented enough to progress to AFL, although we don't want the competition to be exclusively for that purpose. We're happy to have those that fell out of the AFL because they generally help with the standard at our level. But the competition to the genuine SANFL fans requires a level playing field to be meaningful to supporters, many of whom have had multiple generations of their family involved with their club.

We don't expect our games on primetime TV, we don't expect multiple pages in the Advertiser, we don't expect the radio stations to discuss the competition for hours on end. We realise our place in the pecking order.

The problems we're faced with today aren't entirely due to the AFL clubs existence in the competition either - The biggest issue imho was/is the financial health of the clubs.

So whilst we love to reminisce about the glory years, we'd be more than happy if the comp resembled what it did 5 or 10 years ago (with or without local AFL listed players).

I don't believe there's a simple fix, just putting it out there that what we want, isn't what a lot of people make it out to be,
by JK
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9

No AFL in the SANFL, an absolute disgrace what is happening at Alberton.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18

Well done to the South players and officials and supporters who applauded retiring Crow Scott Thompson from the field.
I have to say what a lame effort ,with perhaps only 100 of the 60,000 members of the AFC bothering to show up to farewell one of their clubs greats.

Simply no excuse for those plastic AwFL supporters today....good weather, the 1's playing interstate and on a different day. Can't be ****** showing up when they get in for free....get rid of them!
by heater31
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18

Great win by the Panthers down at Hickinbotham Oval...sadly ..all to no avail.. Came from 14 pts down at 3/4 time to get the Chocolates against the breeze. Best for South were Cross, Liddle and Haines.
Well done to the South players and officials and supporters who applauded retiring Crow Scott Thompson from the field.
I have to say what a lame effort ,with perhaps only 100 of the 60,000 members of the AFC bothering to show up to farewell one of their clubs greats.
by blueandwhite
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very strong Port Power Reserves team on paper for tomorrow. Combined salaries would be worth a bit. Farce. Perhaps it is time for Sturt to suffer a finals drubbing at the hands of the Pros.

Fingers crossed the Dogs can win it, but dont hold great hope.
by saintal
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows reserves and Giant reserves want to have a scratchy next weekend, if only there was a way they could keep match fitness up in the SANFL.
Just think, if the interlopers had been prohibited from partaking in finals, and the five finals slots given to the five best dinkum teams, then the smears and clowns reserves could have negotiated a trial game for this weekend. Win-win.
by Pseudo
Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Week 2

Jacob Surjan been hitting the Helium again

How's when they asked him about keeping motivation now the Powers season is over..... and he says in his high pitched girly voice, 'we're here to win premierships'.
Yeah righto mate!
Was he reading from a note written on his hand in biro?

Nah I'm pretty sure he can't read.
by amber_fluid
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No contest against the Professionals SANFL still a joke and a FARCE after FOUR years of this compromised competition.
by Apachebulldog
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My suggestion for Port's Grand Final Banner (front side)
Magpies Banner 2a.png

And backside
Magpies 1a.png
by PhilH
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If it looks like a Power Reserves team,
If it walks like a Power Reserves team,
If it talks like a Power Reserves team,
Then it’s not a Magpie

Yes we merged,
But it’s still better than being
the Power Reserves

This is the year
That the Eagles will win
Pretty sure we're a shoe-y in
by cennals05
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |