Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: Bomber Thompson arrested

There's been no sympathy for Thomas Windsor, his co-accused.
Why should there be for Thompson, cos he's famous and got money?
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

JapsEye wrote:Cove A grade would have to be the worst section 1 side in ASCA history.
Getting rolled for 95 against Porties is truly embarrassing!

Cove's side, like most Section 1 teams, would smash all others on their"day".
Looks like they had a bad day.

Bloody good team IMHO.
by Moe
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another team with points taken away for playing ineligible players. Who?
Adelaide Nepalese.
Lost all points won in Rounds 4,10 and 12 Fair enough and good by the association to punish them.

I do all our Mycricket stuff and nothing annoys me more when people suggest to play guys under fake names when we need to fill a side. It's been done in the past but now I go out of my way to make sure it will never happen at my club while I'm in control of our Mycricket, especially after the association made an example of Kenilworth a few seasons ago
by The Dark Knight
Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Thanks WP.
Had some great battles with you guys in the early 2000's before we went turf.
Always played in good spirits as well.
Enjoyed having a beer or 3 after the game.
by tigerpie
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Having played against Reynella in the old SCA for many years I can assure you that your lad is going to a very good club.

Cheers WP, had his first game last Friday night, got a second baller with the bat but bounced back with the ball picking up a clean bowled wicket. First impressions of the coaching and organisation are very good.
by MatteeG
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Curious as to why clubs deserve zones?
Some clubs may put time and effort into their local clubs, but others certainly don't and don't deserve the local kids being zoned or loyal .
Surely if you go through big changes like this you plan for things being run better. That's the whole point. What's been done previously hasn't worked. Rather than carrying forward rifts and pettiness from yesteryear (or inattention) like jilted lovers
He's just stating a fact.
Zero presence in their zone.
by tigerpie
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:
tigerpie wrote:He's just stating a fact.
Zero presence in their zone.

History

Needs to be irrelevant to any future

:roll:

Its not a relationship that local clubs need to repair. Instead how about they engage with their community and then they might gain some support and respect.
by Off The Wall
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And in doing so get the taxi service ( mum and dad, guardian, care provider) offside.
The kid may be keen as mustard but if the above aren't on board then the kid and maybe cricket are the loser.
With the huge sub's for juniors, gear, then extra k's for training and games I can see who's going to suffer.
Someone said its become an elitist sport only for the well off.
Looks like that's now the case.
by tigerpie
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Community Cricket Structure

Interesting topic.

We've been approached a couple of times but knocked it back on the grounds that our club philosophy is you play where you are picked.
Having said that, if you only want to play one day cricket, we'd accommodate that as best we could.
There just isn't enough turf grounds down this way for us to expand to a second one day team.

At the risk of being called racist, I've seen some pretty dodgy actions and blatant cheating when umpiring themselves.
Governance of behaviour is administered by the clubs, with respect to spirit of cricket, but these teams don't have that.
There's been numerous complaints lodged with atca on this matter but not much can/is done.
Now I know club teams can be guilty of this kind of stuff too, but re. a suspect action, then that would be dealt with in house.
Scorers not being able to count would also be handled in house.
Pop up clubs don't have that, it seems.

I'm all for more participation but not in favour of pop up clubs for the above reasons.
Obviously for a new club ie. with juniors etc then they'd have a rock solid constitution in place then I'd be fine with that.
by tigerpie
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Norwood v Sturt Friday 7.40

Sheesh it’s cold….and I say that with some experience.
by Douglas Mawson
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 South v Eagles Saturday 1335

DOC wrote:Quite right Mick.

When you get the wrong side of the umpiring you feel hard done by.

This explains about twelve thousand posts of recent times.

The Eagles fans are understandably incensed by getting stiffed by the umps; they simply aren't used to it.
by Pseudo
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for posting that information WP.
Interesting times ahead in regards to the hybrid Section Two/Three!
by The Dark Knight
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whitepointers wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:How are Kenilworth looking for this year?

Hopefully shIthouse.
Some long term members at that club are an utter disgrace to the game of cricket and should've been banned for life cause of their cheating.

Yes, they certainly have a very bad reputation.
by Moe
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

No they don’t. Just get your admin to lodge permit in PlayHQ
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles2014 wrote:Who would have predicted Kensington be in Div 2 next year :shock:
Just wait for the whole concept to be scrapped if any certain teams are found to be in that situation

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

Anyone got an Advertiser subscription that can copy and paste todays article on how playhq is damaging SA cricket ?

PlayHQ scoring system ‘a complete mess’ according to local SA cricket members

A new online scoring system rolled out by Cricket Australia continues to frustrate local SA players, coaches and executives, with some warning it could damage the current season.

A new online scoring system has been labelled as ‘a complete mess’ by local SA cricket players, staff and executives.

SACA endorsed the PlayHQ cricket management system rolled out by Cricket Australia at the start of this season but there have been glaring and consistent issues up until the halfway point of the season.

The system, which is accessible by website or app and will have phased out MyCricket by 2024, was tested in the Northern Territory earlier this year and has garnered negative attention in the SA cricket community for a lack of statistics and regular live match update errors.

One SA league official said the system was negatively impacting the current season.

“MyCricket was launched in 2008 and was getting on a bit so I understand something new being brought in but at least MyCricket did the job,” they said.

“PlayHQ is a complete mess at the moment – it worked for footy or basketball but it just simply wasn’t ready to roll out for cricket. There are so many holes in it – we’re halfway through the season and people still can’t see accumulated batting or bowling stats for this year let alone lifetime stats.

“There have been a lot of faults when it comes to live scoring as well. It looks like it could be a better system moving forward but it’s like we’ve been used as guinea pigs in the meantime – we experience all the problems and then they eventually get fixed.”

SA cricket fans and participants are not the first in Australia to vent frustration with Play HQ, with Townsville and New South Wales also experiencing significant issues through their seasons.

Cricket NSW even published an apology video on its Facebook in October regarding the implementation of the new system.

“I’m amazed it has been brought in despite complaints from other states, especially in NT earlier this year,” the league official said.

“It’s very worrying and possibly damaging considering we’re coming up to the business end of the season, leagues have presentation nights, awards, reports, but no one can see any accumulative stats for these events.

“At times it doesn’t even reflect league ladders correctly because the system doesn’t take outright wins or bonus points into account for standings.”

One high-standing local coach said they had been underwhelmed by the system.

“It would be good if we had something which worked … it’s been disappointing,” they said.

A star player added it had been “shambolic.”

“It’s a bit of a joke considering how far into the season we are.

“I get it’s probably a process but a lot of player statistics aren’t correct or tallied up and you can’t even see who’s at the top for batting or bowling numbers.”

A Cricket Australia spokesperson told The Messenger the national body was working with SACA and PlayHQ to address any issues.

“CA, SACA and PlayHQ are gathering regular feedback from club and association administrators this season to ensure we provide the features most important to users,” they said.

“We are very confident the transition to PlayHQ will inevitably provide a greatly improved digital and online experience.”

“Player stats including batting and bowling leaderboards are currently available on the MyCricket app.”

Cricket Australia also said live scoring had been improved through recent weeks and that information and statistics for awards would be available by the end of the season.
by Trader
Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking at some early records, I find this remarkable:

Norwood CC, played in First Grade,16 premierships, won the first one in1873/74 and their last in 1896/97. The club then folded.

Former WT President Denis Brien has published a great book on the Hindmarsh CC that became WTDCC, called "All the Kings' Men". A really interesting insight into the early years of cricket in SA and society at the time, even if you are not an Eagles fan. It explains how the wealthy eastern clubs like Norwood would recruit by offering the best cricketers good work and giving them Saturday's off to play, remembering many men worked on Saturdays in the 19th century. Hindmarsh (and other working class clubs) often started matches without a full side as players were kept back at work or held up getting from work to the ground (by horse and cart) - players couldn't afford to sacrifice work for a game. No daylight saving back then either so training was in the very early morning (5am I think) before they went to work. No doubt this helps explain the dominance of the upper-class Norwood CC in those early years.

If interested, I think you can still buy copies from WTDCC or Wakefield Press: https://www.wakefieldpress.com.au/product.php?productid=1405&cat=0&page=1.
by Shark_Hunter
Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There have recently been some rumblings of amendments to the playing season based on clubs player availability and aging demographics. Additional to this, there were suggestions of weeks off throughout the season for things like the Adelaide test match. I think since the pandemic, more people are inclined to want to miss weekends of cricket for events like this, and I think it's possible to add that weekend off to our schedule.

This competition remains unique from a hard wicket perspective, with most other associations opting to become primarily one day cricket comps. I feel that we should lean in to what we do, and embrace two day cricket, rather than shifting to one day cricket. Therefore, I am suggesting that each team plays eachother once throughout the season in a two day game, with no one day games in between (unless there is a heat/rain effected first day where this would then become the only option). This adds higher stakes to each result and will mean the ladder at the end of a season will be tighter than they've ever been. With this in mind, I feel the association should allow cross section slash players, meaning a player could play week 1 in section 3, and week 2 in section 1, or vice versa.

Further changes to the schedule would include a weekend long T20 carnival in December to get clubs playing 2-3 of their T20 round robin games in a single weekend. This is at the same time as the T20 Big Bash League and around school holiday time. This will also mean less need to source grounds mid week and will allow some clubs who may not have the facilities available on week night to then join the competition.

I would also recommend the association approach the Fleurieu & Districts Cricket board and request inclusion in the Meyer Shield association competition. Either this, or approaching ATCA and re-establishing a yearly Association match. This can be factored in to future fixturing.

Regular season finals structure should take a similar approach to how the BBL function, with the below structure:

Beginning with the Eliminator, the sides that finish fourth and fifth will clash in a 'win or go home' match, with the loser eliminated and the winner proceeding to the Knockout.

The Knockout will see the third-placed side clash with the winner of the Eliminator, with the loser of the Knockout eliminated from the running and the winner progressing.

Prior to the Knockout, the Qualifier between the top two sides will take place, with the winner moving straight into the Final.

The loser of the Qualifier will then face the winner of the Knockout in the second last final of the series, the Challenger.

The Challenger will then decide which club will join the winner of the Qualifier in the Final, with the victor moving on to the deciding match while the loser will be eliminated.

The Final will be hosted by the side that won the Qualifier, with all other finals to be hosted by the highest-seeded side.

Below is how the regular season would look:

Round 1
14 & 21 October

Round 2
28 October & 4 November

Round 3
11 & 18 November

Round 4
25 November & 2 December

OFF
9 December (Test Match Weekend)

ASCA T20 SMASH
16 & 17 December

Round 5
6 January & 13 January

OFF
20 January (Meyer Shield/Association Weekend)

Round 6
27 January & 3 February

Round 7
10 February & 17 February

Round 8
24 February & 2 March

Finals Week 1
9 March & 10 March

Finals Week 2
16 March & 17 March

Finals Week 3
23 March & 24 March

Keen to hear some thoughts.

For older players it is easier to play one day cricket than 2 day cricket. The toll on the body is from fielding and bowling for a complete day while with one day cricket you only need to do it for half a day - a lot easier on the body.

More and more players are starting to favour one day cricket. The assocation needs to take this into account. Keep in mind its the player who play, not the administrators. Have you got a crystal ball to know how the premiership table will look at the end of the season. The table will look like it does depending on how the teams perform during the season.

Players play in one game at a time, not week one in one section and then the second half in another game. If they start to do this it will make many more things difficult such as finals selection. Having players play two half matches you are hoping that they influence the result of the lower section match. Is that fair to all and within the spirit of the game?

You say play everyone once in a two day game, but you have 8 minor rounds. How many teams are going to be in each section?

Your proposal has round 4 finishing on the 2 Dec and if a player isn't playing in the T20's their next game is 6 January and then have another week off before starting the next game on a long week end. That is potentially 1 game in 7 weeks.

Keep the 7 and 7 format . It is a good mix for all. Remember that it was all two day cricket a number of seasons ago. Why was it changed? you want to go back to the past. I believe your idea is good for people who only want to play cricket when they have nothing better to do. Is that what the association wants? I don't think so. Leave the format alone.

Need to sort out the clubs who nominate ex number of teams at the beginning of the season, then to only start forfeiting games and eventually pull a team out.

Sections 9 and 10 are totally disjointed.

Some of those rumblings have probably come from a club who wanted the weekend where it was 38 degrees cancelled becaise the team is full of over 50's.

How about they get proactive and attract juniors to the club. Clubs with no junior programs will eventually fold.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
by Keefy
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/331940637_757074459271213_4030037283606380622_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s720x720&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeFjzBoEL7ti9xnyzSml9Si_DZv8Kgehlt4Nm_wqB6GW3n_gvbREWvem6uBE1h26apQ&_nc_ohc=KoQxFs9EkUsAX9YBxza&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=00_AfCYuca0vaqTklRzEPKgbmJmYeuCSoLfg2bmu3vv2eaVuA&oe=63F882E6

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/332077430_5820706508007203_3458291405380717568_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s720x720&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeGm8-NM-h3N4BT0CY_qwH2yhv12lk7GtGqG_XaWTsa0as1Zd4NtRCMquBhQUxX4ujY&_nc_ohc=icFCF71YewYAX-S8Dyg&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=00_AfCUCa25Www_EaV4jQyWrdY7xFW-UDfXjBQ2AgDxnKujBw&oe=63F8400F
by Booney
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Table

Dear Spelly. when was the last time a Centrals supporter requested a SANFL premiership table be published on this august site, 2015?

Google must've been uninstalled on their computer.
This is a SANFL forum,
we discuss SANFL matches,
I would have thought that the ladder should happen each Monday, wouldn't you?

Yep and by simply looking up the SANFL site, you can view the ladder, just like any normal person.
by gadj1976
Sat May 13, 2023 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They only lost because their match was unfairly moved, which resulted in thousands of fans being able to flock to the ancestral and spiritual home of Sutton Derby. 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They only lost because their match was unfairly moved, which resulted in thousands of fans being able to flock to the ancestral and spiritual home of Sutton Derby. 8)
Not to mention the loss revenue from the sell out crowd they had for the home match, I heard KISS stayed in Australia for the pre-match entertainment.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard Flaggies forfeit was due to 10 players going on a footy trip so may be a once off hopefully
Morphy Park had upwards of 16 players unavailable last round.
I was asked to be stand in captain of our 5th team.
We did whatever we could to fill our 5 teams, and honour our commitment to the competition.
Our team existed of myself 52yo, another old chum 53yo, and then all the rest were junior players ranging from 13 to 17yo.
We did our best, and played a very enjoyable opposition in Port Noarlunga who played in exceptional spirit.
Kudos to them, their players and captain Michael Mott.

Cheers Moe
by Moe
Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hats off to Nathan Manly and Coromandel B grade lads today. Heard missing a few from A and B grade today and with us at 0/150 could of dropped their heads but to their credit had a fantastic attitude and had a crack all day. At the moment Section 2 is probably to high for them but they just get on with the game and give it everything. If only every club/teams had this attitude. Also happy to stay and have a beer after the game Cheers lads
by Go for it
Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whitepointers wrote:I heard Flaggies forfeit was due to 10 players going on a footy trip so may be a once off hopefully

It must be ripper trip if they are still going into another week :lol:
by footy1992
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At least their having a crack. This should be back on the association and WYC.

WYC have been at or around the top for year's and take the easy option first time it looks tough. Take your medicine, recruited from struggling clubs within the same Section before now they're out of there when it suits them.
by Tight_Lines
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Coromandel Ramblers, Section 1 premiers, best club in the association by far. Huge respect to you and also to Port Noarlunga playing in two grand finals in two seasons.
See you next season! We won by one wicket today.

Happy Valley win Section 3 and good riddance I say as I've been holding onto this all season- absolute f**king joke that Western Youth drop two sections, finish second and play in a grand final. The Sutton Darby debacle is all your fault!
by The Dark Knight
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |