Search found 1 match

Return

Re: ATCA

My understanding is as follows:

Saturday lunch time, payneham enter the result as a forfeit.
Saturday afternoon, Heyzer changed the result to a draw (probably should be match abandoned, but that's a minor detail).
Sunday payneham lodged a submission with the turf requesting the result be returned to a forfeit.
Wednesday, Heyzer edited the result back to a forfeit.

To make things even more Interesting, he hasn't awarded them the full points that they would get for a forfeit.
IE: for a forfeit they should get the 18 points, plus those already earned, (10 wickets and 73 runs), which would give a total of 22.095
For whatever reason, the turf have said 22.095 is not appropriate, and adjusted it to 15.995, which is the equivalent of a win, 10 wickets and 199.33 runs, with no second innings.

If I were Pooraka, I'll be making an enquiry as to why the match hasn't been considered abandoned.

How the points were awarded is a bit unusual, but it's was an unusual situation so I guess they tried to come up with a what they thought was the most appropriate outcome.

In time they may look back and not be happy but I doubt the players are spending too much time worrying about the result at the moment.
We were always going to accept whatever the result was - technically we did forfeit anyway.
Hopefully it doesn't have an affect on what position we finish in.
by Brumbies
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |