Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

The whole senior situation is a genuine concern though.

Funding is being pumped into female cricket, that's all well and good, I have two young daughters who may want to pay one day, but for large towns like Two Wells and Clare to be fumbling for a senior men's cricket side, Australia's national game in the summer, is farcical.

Have to agree that funding and facilities play a large part. Can only speak from the Blyth/Kybunga experience, but since the getting new nets the player participation and excitement levels have easily doubled which this year is starting to translate to the field. Definitely helped entice good and experienced players such as Ben and Will Pratt Along with young guns Will Harris And Brayden Eime back to the Club.
by BPlumber
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Results went as expected on the weekend.

Interestingly Blyth have chosen to play at Balak. We know their theory but i reckon they have it slightly wrong. I guess if they win their captain is a hero, if they lose he made an error. We are pretty content playing at Balak though. Our style of cricket stands up to finals pressure very well, we have kind of adopted the anywhere/anytime attitude.

Look forward to it either way and now we are set for a pretty interesting GF regardless of this weekends result. If the Seahorses win we see a rematch of last years grand final upset, LN will be out for revenge. If Blyth makes it they will be playing in their first GF in 50 years appears apparenly.....since the 60's
I have a question you may or may not know the answer to.
Did Ryan Darling play cricket for Blyth like his footy? If he did surely they would've played in Grand Finals

I havent played against Ryan since ive been up here but funnily enough he played for Lower North when he did play up here for some reason. Played over 30 games for them averaging over 50.

He is talked about as being one of the best bats this comp has seen. Most have him in their top 3.

p.s quick mycricket check the last time he played was 2014/15 when it looks like he played a full season.
He played for Lower North because Lower North was formerly an association in its own right, which included Lochiel. His father, Wayne (not the SA player) played for Lochiel, so when Lower North was formed, Ryan ended up playing for the Buffalos.

Clearly the best all-rounder I've seen in the competition other than Cat Meyer. Brilliant fielder too.

This is spot on. Would most likely have come to Blyth with the footballers, however there was on A grade team at the time.
Also spotted Thursday night bowling heat at his footy mates at BKCCs finals training...
by BPlumber
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Former cats junior, GWS listed player and LSU punter Josh Growden is back in for Blyth Snowtown this year. 2 Lloyd brothers are now thinking about having a kick with him.

2019 State Country Half Back Gile Ellis from Kadina also in for the cats, along with another young kadina A grader. Two Paskaville A graders also playing for the cats in the twos.

Lachy Summers and Cam Andriske also coming back now as both were going to play in town.
by BPlumber
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would have been a while since Blyth/kybunga went into the Christmas break on top in the A1s. Over half a century maybe

geez that snuck up.....last time I properly check Blyth had lost 2 out of their first 3 games.

Been on a bit of a roll of late then. I know Riley Stirling is hitting runs for fun.

Sevenhill in the four as well. Great to see given the amount of younger players they have been using.

Charats once again up there in the wickets and Justin’s been bowling well.
by BPlumber
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hell of a season shaping up in the stanley A grade. No byes, 15 games!

Lower north will be lower north

Blyth Kybunga have picked up a couple of PNG national players and Henry Warner and Luke Ramsey return for depth. Will Pratt and Chirat are both under an injury cloud before Christmas, but I think the youth should be able to cover until then. C Pratt, Warner, Altman and BiggsX2 all under 19 and will push for regular spots being another year older.

Brinky have Mills and MollerX 2 returning but would still have to feel the pinch of Steele and Weich hanging up the bat and gloves respectively. Jack Weckert under a cloud now he’s living/working in Bute and they are fielding an A grade?

Sevenhill are my dark horse. Loved their young quicks last year! Still have quality in Scotty and Porto.

Heard nothing on clare?

Have no time for Watervale
by BPlumber
Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JD is lighting quick of 10 paces with a simple action and super accurate. Will be without a doubt the quickest in the comp, only a fit jonesy on GF will come close I’d say.
by BPlumber
Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hell of a season shaping up in the stanley A grade. No byes, 15 games!

Lower north will be lower north

Blyth Kybunga have picked up a couple of PNG national players and Henry Warner and Luke Ramsey return for depth. Will Pratt and Chirat are both under an injury cloud before Christmas, but I think the youth should be able to cover until then. C Pratt, Warner, Altman and BiggsX2 all under 19 and will push for regular spots being another year older.

Brinky have Mills and MollerX 2 returning but would still have to feel the pinch of Steele and Weich hanging up the bat and gloves respectively. Jack Weckert under a cloud now he’s living/working in Bute and they are fielding an A grade?

Sevenhill are my dark horse. Loved their young quicks last year! Still have quality in Scotty and Porto.

Heard nothing on clare?

Have no time for Watervale

Agree Sevenhill will be one of the teams to watch...have got some game time into the young lads who should improve again. I know there was some doubt as to whether Stuart Pike would play but his confirmed he will be going around again.

What's the standard of a PNG national player....... I'm guessing there not in the Steddall, McPharlin bracket but better than the average player.

A lot better than we thought!
JD will be close to the best bowler in the comp and the batsmen will probably push Riley for the batting trophy!
by BPlumber
Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |