Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Anyone have any info about a Div 4 side with some issues and subsequent inquiries about the current finals series?

Certainly not EPFC that's for sure!
by Wazz17
Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:No point speculating now, how about we just wait until tomorrow when it's all said and done.

Sorry FC, I thought these forums were all about speculation, innuendos, rumours and obvious untruths lol
by Wazz17
Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As a long time Demons member to see the way the lads played on Saturday was extreme disappointing as they were clearly the best side all year.

WOS were far too good on the day and thoroughly deserved their win, congratulations guys.

What is also disappointing in some of the comments on this forum regarding EPFC and northern clubs from ill informed elitist posters.

"LMA - Immature, poor sportsmanship by EP" Now I was there and your water boy was just giving it to our players non stop and it was your supporter who came down to the fence to have a crack at Woodward which inflamed the situation and he knew it. People in glass houses?

Now not for one second do I condone Woodward's behavior and actions. I sincerely hope that he is dealt with accordingly. The guy who came in after was an EPFC supporter but I have only seen him a couple of times before and he not a member of our club. I believe there will be action taken against him as well.

"WOS Dragons - Woodward is a peasant" Really? Is that the best and most appropriate comment you can come up with as an old scholar. Surely something more eloquent from your list of adjectives is more appropriate from such highly educated person such as yourself.

"LMA - Give them their own league". What a absolutely joke. What do you guys really want, an exclusive old scholars - university competition run by elitist snobs from Adelaide, Unley & surrounding parklands. Although it would probably be the most sanitised competition we would ever see it also most likely be the most boring. Yelling from the sidelines would be banned and "Well done chaps" would be the order of the day.

All clubs have their good and bad, both players & supporters alike but making it personal based on demographics is highly offensive. Have I made derogatory comments about WOS lack of parking, their facilities and their couch, no I haven't. The Ch9AFL competition has been made stronger by the clubs from all parts of Adelaide and to single out one area is pure hypocrisy.
by Wazz17
Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

See Eastern Parks grand final indiscretion has cost them 4 home games and a couple of grand.must be running out of chances to stay in the league???

As a EPFC member for 30+ years I have never been more disappointed and disgusted in the downright stupidity of some of the morons who call themselves supporters of our club. I know for fact some were not members but others were and I cannot fathom why they can't get it through their thick heads that such irresponsible behavior will be the downfall of EPFC. I also understand the EPFC executive had acted swiftly and those involved have been dealt with severely and so they should be. I hope he Ch9AFL sanctions are well documented to the members and all involved take heed of this.

A couple of things that I am not impressed about is that I have not heard whether WOS were questioned about their involvement with at least one of the issues involved the instigator wasn't from EPFC. Then there was a raft of letters to the league from WOS supporters bemoaning how EPFC players were too rough and our supporters were yelling too loudly and singing out "demons, demons". Apparently they feared for their lives yet were quite happy to give it back as loudly as derogatory as opposition clubs do. I attended both home and away games and both final games and from my perspective there was as much give as there was take from both parties. Isn't that what you do at the footy. Give me me strength people! I will be from now on attending games with my blankey, fold up card table, scones and thermos of tea. I will ensure I will be wearing gloves so when I clap ever so lightly for my side it will not hurt the eardrums of any opposition supporters that may have past scholars playing.
by Wazz17
Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

See Eastern Parks grand final indiscretion has cost them 4 home games and a couple of grand.must be running out of chances to stay in the league???

As a EPFC member for 30+ years I have never been more disappointed and disgusted in the downright stupidity of some of the morons who call themselves supporters of our club. I know for fact some were not members but others were and I cannot fathom why they can't get it through their thick heads that such irresponsible behavior will be the downfall of EPFC. I also understand the EPFC executive had acted swiftly and those involved have been dealt with severely and so they should be. I hope he Ch9AFL sanctions are well documented to the members and all involved take heed of this.

A couple of things that I am not impressed about is that I have not heard whether WOS were questioned about their involvement with at least one of the issues involved the instigator wasn't from EPFC. Then there was a raft of letters to the league from WOS supporters bemoaning how EPFC players were too rough and our supporters were yelling too loudly and singing out "demons, demons". Apparently they feared for their lives yet were quite happy to give it back as loudly as derogatory as opposition clubs do. I attended both home and away games and both final games and from my perspective there was as much give as there was take from both parties. Isn't that what you do at the footy. Give me me strength people! I will be from now on attending games with my blankey, fold up card table, scones and thermos of tea. I will ensure I will be wearing gloves so when I clap ever so lightly for my side it will not hurt the eardrums of any opposition supporters that may have past scholars playing.

Yep, the league sanctioned EP because their supporters cheered too loudly. What was the irresponsible behavior that you talked about - perhaps that is what we complained about...

Get off your high horse WOS Dragons. For a supposed learned scholar sometimes you just dont get it.

1. I acknowledged our issues and that our behavior on the day was unacceptable and the leagues decisions were correct.
2. I wanted to know why the WOS supporters actions had not been scrutinized by the league as we were.
3. The rest was "tongue in cheek".

If you cant comprehend what I have written perhaps you should form a literary group of scholars to dissect my posts line by line, then discuss a critical analysis of the wording and finally complete a thesis therefore enabling you to respond without me taking the p**s out of you again.
by Wazz17
Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFl Junior codes

Wasnt sure where to put this, went and had a look at the u15 State Schoolboys GF of SA v Vic on Saturday at Thebby. Few interesting names in both teams - Salmon, Long, Viska... anyway the highlight for me was Isaiah Dudley, what an outstanding talent, I see he goes to Salisbury HS, where does he play his junior footy? Anyone here seen him play?
Played u/16's at Centrals this year and actually made the state u/16's team that was national champions. He has now received a football scholarship from Prince Alfred College. If he grows a bit will be an unbelievable player. Tells you all about how good he is as well.

Salisbury North Junior
by Wazz17
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

dominate the last quarter, youll get votes
That's a fallacy.

umps should be made to do a quarter by quarter tally and the stand outs will appear after 4 quarters, cos in general how can a 55 year old bugger whos just spent 2 hours running 10kms running around a park, remember who played well 3 quarters ago

Not sure what other club umpires do but this season both the other umpire and myself discuss best players quarter by quarter and write them down to tally/discuss at the end of the game.
by Wazz17
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Don't let this distract from the fact that Smithies have begun announcing their signings... most interesting one being Michael Friel - hope he behaves himself ;)

Cook, Ashby, Webber, Gray.. beginning to look like they're putting the old band back together.

Friely is a very good footballer but he continues to let himself down by just losing the plot and not just the once, several times now. I hope for both his and Smithfield's sake his brain fade actions are kept under control. Serious ramifications for both if he doesn't!
by Wazz17
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

I see Eastern Park player got 8 games in there B grade are they still on sanctions ?
Will they lose points.?

EPFC are not on any sanctions and will not lose any points.

Craig Wilson is doing a great job as president and the league is fully aware of what he and the club are doing to try and improve the club in all areas.

The player in question will not be playing for the club again.
by Wazz17
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |