Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

I'm happy, there is obviously a desire for change otherwise this whole situation would never have risen. Numbers of votes don't lie. Looking on here and the aehca Facebook site it seems there's a lot of bedwetters around. If it turns out to be detrimental to the comp then my understanding is that this could all be reverted, upon another vote? Yes? I'm quite confident that the sky won't fall in and day will still follow night in the meanwhile!!
by Buffet bowler
Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for the heads up Caleb, I’ll check out the hahndorf page, Great to see two new teams in the A grade comp, I think Hahndorf should be fairly strong, I’ve heard a few ex meadows players may be heading there? How are Callington looking? I don’t really know a lot about them.
Always a shame to see clubs drop sides and even worse,fold completely. That said those two clubs are fairly close location wise does that mean Strathalbyn and the Creek may be the main benefactors from this?
by Buffet bowler
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, Ideally you'd like to think that a carnival of such supposed stature would play their games on a TRUE cricket surface ?

True cricket surface? This is country cricket, which in the main is played on hard wicket and it takes nothing away from the game at all.

Turf as JJ puts it is the TRUE cricket surface Dutchy it’s rather trite to deny that. Anyone who is serious about cricket would rather play on turf hands down, but obviously cost, labour etc are factors why there aren’t many turf decks in country cricket.
by Buffet bowler
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why is a true cricket surface?

There is no possible way you could have turf pitches in the Adelaide Hills, you wouldn't play until December

I disagree with that, I appreciate whilst it gets pretty wet in the hills with decent covers, suitable drainage and enough helpers you could have turf pitches, it doesn’t stop there being turf pitches in the uk and Ireland. I think the main stumbling block is that cricket is often seen as a periphery sport by many and so getting the funding and the volunteers is very hard, whereas concrete decks are much less cost and labour intensive.
by Buffet bowler
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |