Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Oh Dutchy.
How dare they try and improve their position from bottom last year by trying to entice some good footballers
to come and participate in this league and play for their club!!!

seriously?
by footytragic001971
Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is no doubt that a premiership in any grade is something to treasure, and why we all play!
But to suggest that just because someone has played in a premiership he is quality is not necessarily the case surely.
Plenty of ordinary footballers have managed to win premiership medallions.
I don't know anything about the guy you are talking about, but there is a long list of guys who were in the right place at the right time, in many leagues!

Jacks a good honest footballer. Doesn't give his opponent an inch. Hard worker, very fit, and very hard to play on. Would have been in Echunga's top 10 in the seasons he has played there I would have thought.
by citycoaster17
Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So any player movement rumours? Heard Hahndorf maybe set to loose a few
by Sideshow Bob
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was not saying Echunga pays it's B grade players. I am saying that the B grade is far better off without the coach they had and so too the current A grate coach. His backer and cheque book is renowned for promises but ultimately never delivers especially with his sponsorship. I'm going to suggest a world of bother in the off season unless the club meets this head on and makes a very easy decision.
by oldman
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

By that logic, Blackwood shouldnt be in the hills competition either

no argument there ...... shouldn't let one bad decision justify another.

Well I am glad minds like yours are at club board level and not league level. Dinosaur views are what can destroy a league; SFL for example.

Anyway, great game Echunga today. Our boys had to work hard for the win. Anyone from Echunga able to enlighten me about some whispers I heard today? - I hear the Echunga B grade coach has been sacked and from what I have heard this may lure back a number of players. Whats the story there?
by BurntToast
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

By that logic, Blackwood shouldnt be in the hills competition either

no argument there ...... shouldn't let one bad decision justify another.

Well I am glad minds like yours are at club board level and not league level. Dinosaur views are what can destroy a league; SFL for example.

Anyway, great game Echunga today. Our boys had to work hard for the win. Anyone from Echunga able to enlighten me about some whispers I heard today? - I hear the Echunga B grade coach has been sacked and from what I have heard this may lure back a number of players. Whats the story there?

Surely this is incorrect he was a brilliant coach, both him and their A grade coach this year have performed to expectations. I mean there recent records before coming together this year was to a vey high standard.......NOT. Look into it deeper people and you will find the said senior coach has only ever been successful when able to spend $$$$$$ he can't coach he can move magnets that are talented players tho. It may also be the case that his cheque book backer is in serious trouble in the business game.

Maybe the recruiting strategy at Echunga needs looking at the last 2 recruiting drives have been less than desirable in the way in which it's been financed.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/fouryear-ban-for-south-australian-businessman-after-companies-collapse/news-story/3426fbc9f8f66dd98a065263c7cfc410
by oldman
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah Cheney wouldn’t have signed as a ‘player’, he would be the ‘canteen manager’ or ‘bar manager’ wouldn’t he?......
by Toto
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

magpiemaster wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
Toto wrote:Going to have a stab in the dark and say Greenslade?

Wouldnt be surprised if he turned up at Onkas instead

Any truth in the Cheney rumour?

Signed. Already training

Salary cap system is working lol
by batmanbegins
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many points are Nairne getting to come up?

Usually the team going up to Div 1 gets the maximum points.
I don't think Echunga got full points when they came up & I think Lofty got full points when they got relegated that year. Was the points system altered after that

What’s the chances of Nairne asking for extra points with all the players they have apparently signed.
by redsox
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahndorf the new GE hughes
by doubletrouble
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s been said that several players are getting paid by a certain real estate agency in excess of the cap. These high profile recruits won’t be coming for a couple hundred buck a game either. Heard the other day from a former crows top up it could be getting looked into

If so, they may need to read the cautionary tale of Kybybolite and the penalties that were handed down today.
by Benchwarmer
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

meanderman wrote:How will clubs go abiding with the reduced salary cap??

Lol what salary cap. It just makes the CFL feel good about themselves
by daysofourlives
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |