Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Grade Cricket

If the main issue is having Redbacks players not having a game of cricket to play if their club has the bye, why not just allow these players to play for another club on that day? That is then technically creating a stronger competition instead of weakening it by adding an U19 team.

Which club has the most state squad members? Doubt any would have more than 3 or 4. Just place them in the bottom teams for that day (I.e. If there are 4 players without a game one each gets added to the bottom 4 teams.

It's a strange set up when you have futures squad players currently playing B Grade to ease their workload yet at the same time going through and trying to cull a successful club to ensure these same players are playing enough cricket.
by Aerie
Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What happened to Christies High hound?

Seniors play on Christies high!

Maybe they should of invested in Woodcroft College 10 years ago TP :lol:

Worst Oval in the lower levels of Grade Cricket! Pitch square is about 4 foot short each end and no side facilities for players & spectators what so ever.
by heater31
Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes a terrible run with injuries recently E2014 and losing 900 runs hasn't helped.
At least you have been blooding your young guys which in turn will provide a move up the ladder in future seasons and sustained success, without hurting the hip pocket
by The Hound
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes a terrible run with injuries recently E2014 and losing 900 runs hasn't helped.
At least you have been blooding your young guys which in turn will provide a move up the ladder in future seasons and sustained success, without hurting the hip pocket

Yep, like you guys we don't pay any players. Hard to compete with some Clubs. We had Bosisto lined up but then Uni swooped and end of story, they offer these guys free HECS at Uni which is basically $40 to $50k, incredible.

Hoping to get Kelvin back next year, maybe even Drennan. Kelvin made four centuries this season already, plus a 60 in his only Second X1 game for WA, but with so many contracted players over there does not get a look in. Think he may have jumped the gun and left bit quickly, but Siddons did not rate him so he looked for another opportunity.

Strong rumour amongst the boys and grade cricket circles that Patrick Page Jnr making a return to the Bay next year, would be handy pick up if true!
by Eagles2014
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:My missus does it, I just shake my head and give her the old "yeah right, we'll see".

"What? Nah it's not gonna be over 40, I just checked (my super accurate and reliable phone) and it's only gonna be 23, so you're wrong!" :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |