Re: ATCA

thevoice wrote:New coach at PDFCC announced. Tracy Sandery

Who did she play for ? 8)
by No kidding
Wed May 31, 2017 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lordrocco18 wrote:lost no1 in a's and picked up marksy, lost our b grade captain. thats about it should go alright in all grades been getting good numbers and been on turf wickets couple of weeks now.

Are you training hard legend ?
by No kidding
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

The Dark Knight wrote:The first test between India and Sri Lanka ends in a draw.
India second innings 8/352 declared.
Kohli 104 not out
Shanaka 3/76

Sri Lanka second innings 7/75
Rockwell 27
Kumar 4/8

Selfishness cost them the Test ????
by No kidding
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

This Australian Cricket team has been finally outed for what it really is under the leadership of Smith and Warner.
A mob of overpaid Prima Donna's that totally disrespect the great cricketers that have come before them with a total disregard for the respect and. Integrity of the game.
Unfortunately the innocent ones will be tarnished with the cheats for life.

Smith now goes from one of the worlds best bats to a cheat.
Warner, why don't you just **** off and be a T20 mercenary so the baggy green can get some credibility back.

As a passionate cricketer and Australian I have questioned myself how I just couldn't take to this Australian team even when pumping the Poms recently..
Now I know why sadly !!!

A very sad day for Australian Cricket
by No kidding
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dollarphins got the cheque book out again?

I am really interested in what people like you actually think gets paid to players by a club like Grange?
It is so easy to assume big coin given success that has been there in the past.
Where do you think a club that is only cricket and only has access to clubrooms for half the year get this massive amount of money to pay players???
A very small % of players would receive some coin, but I can tell you no more than clubs like Pooraka, Para Hills, Ingle Farm etc would pay.

Your assumption and terminology of Dollarphins is a joke !!
by No kidding
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL week 8 - A round of consummate pertinence.

Ablett not even cited.

Rules for some and rules for others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Nothing in it clearly. Just an honest good Christian elbow to the head lol.

Being serious I thought it was less of an impact than last week.

Absolute joke not to be found guilty last week even if only a fine let alone not even be cited this week
And I will call out that I personally think G. Ablett is a champ and the best I have seen in my time..

Reckless..... Yes
High contact..... Yes
Impact....Low to medium
Outcome.... At a minimum it is guilty and probably a fine last week but a game for the exact replica incident this week as he hadn't learn't.
What will it take, a fractured eye socket or something ?

The North Melbourne lad gets a game for a clash of heads with Rohan after tucking up well to bump in the act of a shepherd ( that art is gone now too !! )
Yes yes yes he chose to bump.
Ablett chose to jump off the ground again and raise his arms and make head contact.. Twice now !!!

Well, the AFL have absolutely guaranteed one thing.

The booing of a Ablett will continue bigger and stronger.
Not about his faith beliefs but because there clear evidence in this that he is being treated more favorably than others !!!!
by No kidding
Tue May 14, 2019 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Head dropped for Mitch Marsh.
GAGF you cocksmacks

Sack Langer FFS.

Not agreeing at all with Marsh selection as going over old ground that simply has not worked but Travis Head,for all the potential he shows, needs to nail his position for keeps.
by No kidding
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Brownlow Medal

Slowly constructing a top 5.
Murph and Neale are ticked.

Gresham has staked a fair claim, Bradley Hill, Tommy Mitchell and Nat Fyfe also in with a sniff.

can anyone find Ben Stratton and Partner ?
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/132e54a9e42f1d51207456e106aa0c6a

Don't ever tell me money does not count !!!
by No kidding
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Seems to me that there's three options to improve the standard of grade cricket:

1) Run clubs better. Retain players, develop players. Foster a depth of talent.

Too hard basket. Too much work.

2) Have fewer clubs. Make it truly elite. Hard to get a spot all the way through the grades.

Much, much too hard basket.

3) Have fewer grades at each club.

Bullseye! That way we can keep all our clubs and they don't need to run themselves any better than they do now.

#2 is the only way to make it work properly, but will never happen and I think we all know that now.

Lets put history and club ego's aside for a laugh and see what it could look like with geographical mergers..

1. North Eastern Bulls- TTG and East Torrens
2. Adelaide Blues - Adelaide and Sturt
3. Kensington Browns
4. Western Districts Eagles - Port and West Torrens
5. Southern Districts Seahorses - Glenelg and Southern
6. Northern Jets
7. North Adelaide Pirates - Prospect and Uni
8. Woodville Peckers

Will leave the home grounds to be debated..

88 of the best available players playing each week...
Got to be better for breeding players to perform at the next level.. !!!
by No kidding
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hussey Report 2020.pdf Will the Hussey report be released in full? I've seen the article with the dot points. Was interesting to see some changes to the selection panel and high performance committee mooted.

Typically in these reviews number of grade clubs seems to be the popular go to every time the Redbacks finish bottom and it will solve all the problems of SA cricket which is overly simplistic in my opinion. Not so much rearranging the Titanic's deck chairs but simply deciding how many deck chairs is best
by No kidding
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hussey Report 2020.pdf
Thank you! This paragraph is spot on. An almost 'parallel pathway' has existed where players move through junior state squads, various Cricket Australia teams up in Brisbane plus Futures League. Club cricket is almost completely incidental to their career and development.

"The effect of participation in the current High Performance system has created a sense of entitlement for many young players, not just in SA but around the country. They feel the Pathways Programme will assist them to by-pass Premier Cricket to achieve long and successful first-class careers. This has proven to be unsuccessful and created a myriad of problems such as, devaluing the importance of Premier Cricket and creating behavioural traits that won’t set players up for long-term success"

Here in lies the central issue and the fact that this report is a bit like the Crows review.
Wanted to be seen as hard hitting and brutal yet the key message sees the SACA as a toothless tiger worried more about their own selves as opposed to the overall betterment of cricket in SA

3b....Reduce the number of Premier Grade teams to between 8-10 and remove the bye.
This decision is to be made by the clubs.
by No kidding
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would be interesting viewing if all games were recorded like that.
We have all played cricket long enough to understand how frustrating it can be sometimes.
[color=#BF0000] I got caught down leg side off an inswing bowler in a game to make the finals, never got near the ******* thing.
I was bemused they appealed, on your bike son. [/color]
6 for sweet FA overnight chasing 130 odd but thankfully we got up.
I've given some rippers to umps, this bloke got a beauty.
He pulled the pin on umpiring that year, had a shocker.

And didn't you carry on for the next 2 hours..
I would of given it too just for you being a shit bloke !!!!! 8)
by No kidding
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |