Search found 32 matches

Return

Re: 2017 AFL Season

I'm a tad baffled that Booney has started up a thread without getting the thesaurus out for the title
by mighty_tiger_79
Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Matador One-Day Cup

Hat's off to Tom Cooper, how crap would he have felt in the morning having to play against NSW the day after what he had re-live, he is a gem of a bloke from my brief encounter with him and there's is not a player in the country that I'd love to see resurrect his career more than him.

I'm glad the SACA have stuck by him and I wish him all the success for the remainder of his career.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

I'm seriously contemplating giving it all up.

Pretty much all of my analysis turns out incorrect. I just cannot read this at all and it's driving me nutz.

Mate, its a tough game.
Roller Coaster Ride, really.

1. Keep Records of ALL Outlays & Collects - I have a Spreadsheet with 10 years of records. Down 4% over the Journey.
2. Value, Value, Value - that way when you get one it makes up for the 'outs'.
3. Don't over capitalize - bet within your limits, stick to your 'bank' %. A good rule of thumb is 10%.
4. Stay positive, we ALL have losing runs - anyone who says they don't are lying.

I look at it like this: If I still smoked (8 yrs given up), I would be spending probably $160 - $200 per week.
That's $10k per year. If I 1/2 that, $5K is my bank. I only bet 22 Weeks per year, basically Autumn & Spring Carnival.

Most of all, Enjoy it!
by LPH
Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Need RAA cover?

Hi Crew

I'm sharing you this because you're my SAFooty family ;)

Thought about purchasing RAA road service cover but just never got around to it?

RAA is running a family and friends offer, meaning that if you purchase any new cover between 1st November and 31st December 2016, you'll get 3 months free – that is, a 25% discount on the cover of your choice.

To gain advantage of this magnificent offer, all you need to do is sign up by phone or in store and mention my name (that's LIsa Wright, not FC :lol: ) and mention the family and friends offer at time of purchase :D

This'll make a great Christmas prezzy for the kids so get around it.

You're welcome 8)

PS: if you do choose to purchase, can you let me know via PM afterwards. Cheers
by Footy Chick
Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

If both teams score 400 in the 1st dig and we get a result that's about the best of Test cricket for mine.

There is obviously no right or wrong but for me if that happens I would normally be pretty bored watching the first 3.5 days, I'm also not a huge fan of declarations being needed to force a result

Not a fan of good batting??

Depends good batting on batting paradises doesn't get me going lol, Khawajas innings on the other hand WOW!!!
by whufc
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Agree the concentration levels and ability to increase your agression throughout the innings are a skill but just personally I have always preferred the back against the wall style innings, needless to say some of my favourite bats were Mark Taylor, Steve Waugh and Justin Langer.

With all the batting paradises we have seen over the last 10 years I feel a little bit of that prestige of hitting a hundred has been missing. For the first time in a long time I felt that was back with the two hundreds in the Adelaide test this summer
by whufc
Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

i dont know why you leave the door open, should've batted them out of the game, i know history says they wont get them, but it will happen eventually
by stampy
Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

am Bays wrote:IMO they should've mothballed Bill when Tony fell off the perch

Just commentates to a formula gets excited on cue, Leg slips are still used in modern cricket Bill

FMD.

No way, love that he is back
by Brodlach
Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I might have this wrong, but I understand it to be using 100watts per hour.
So based on paying $0.30 per Kwatt hour my answer would be $0.03 each hour.
by Mythical Creature
Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How much is it approximately to an electricity bill , by having approximately 100 watt bulb house lights on ?
If possible to calculate , how much hourly ?

It'd be jack sh*t(pun intended).

About 1cent an hour or something similar.
There is a website that will tell you exactly per kw and the cost each appliance uses.
Google it as it is worthwhile to know.
by amber_fluid
Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:I might have this wrong, but I understand it to be using 100watts per hour.
So based on paying $0.30 per Kwatt hour my answer would be $0.03 each hour.

This is correct.
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jack wrote:Roof tiles, second hand
Wheres the best places to purchase a few replacement tiles ,in the north or north east suburbs ?

Not really North East, but a good place to start.

http://adelaideruralsalvage.com.au/
by Booney
Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jack wrote:Roof tiles, second hand
Wheres the best places to purchase a few replacement tiles ,in the north or north east suburbs ?

Got mine at magill salvage near the tower hotel.
by DOC
Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

While the skills were perhaps below what I expected across the board ( the top end certainly showed some decent touch in places ) the intent was far more intense than I thought it would be. You can't question the endeavor of the girls, really enjoyed the competitive aspect of the patches of games I saw.

For those knocking it, if you can't see how happy it makes the girls playing it, how proud it made their families and friends and the fact some 35,000 or more people went to the games over the weekend then you're lacking a heart I reckon.

It will never be as good as the mens game we all know that but that's not the reason it's upon us. If you don't like it put the chip packet aside and hit another button on the remote.
by Booney
Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also smaller ovals will not help, it will only make it more congested and physical....I think in time the game will become more open, the players are still very early in the learning curve of movement of the ball from inside to outside. With some good coaching it will only improve.
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also smaller ovals will not help, it will only make it more congested and physical....I think in time the game will become more open, the players are still very early in the learning curve of movement of the ball from inside to outside. With some good coaching it will only improve.

Agreed. They ( Adelaide, the top team for example ) have played 3 games together as a unit, perhaps 2-3 sessions per week over the end of year period, so probably 20 or so sessions together and that's not with all the girls from the NT being present.

We all know the importance of understanding team rules, team mates abilities when it comes to instinctive handball ( ie I know there will be someone "out the back" ) which, as Dutchy duly notes, will see the game improve as the "inside" ball becomes "outside". Then, the outside game will improve with more trust of the inside play.
by Booney
Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 4

Big Game tonight we owe Norwood for the 1894 Grand Final Loss.

Time for Payback!!!!
by Panther Pack
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 ( Keep it down in the expensive seats )

JK wrote:My God how bad are the Eagles today

About as good as the umpires bouncing the ball.

FFS AFL

Just SCRAP THE F******G the Bounce and chuck the thing up FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sick of it and its doing my F******G head in !!!!!
by jackpot jim
Sun May 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jack wrote:Where does one obtain a Statutory Declaration form from ?

https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Stat ... onform.pdf
by Lightning McQueen
Wed May 24, 2017 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

I've gone $10 on Geelong 1-24 @ $4.10 and $10 on Geelong 25+ @ $6.50.

As a casual punter, you probably don't care, but just for your info, betting against yourself in the same market is rarely a good idea.

At the moment, you stand to win/lose as follows:

Crows -$20
Draw -$20
Cats 1-24 +$21
Cats 25+ +$45

Had you instead taken $15 at 2.7 for geelong in the head to head market, and then $4 on geelong 25+ at $6.50, you'd be better off on all outcomes:

Crows -$19
Draw +$1.25
Cats 1-24 +$21.50
Cats 25+ +$47.50

Sure, a dollar or two isn't going to make or break anyone, but on a $20 bet, it's 5-10%.

If you have $500 worth of bets over a season, its a carton of beer at the end of the year.

The bookies make enough money as it is, no point giving them more!
by Trader
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Cricket losing its appeal to the general public.

not sure about that - 5 tests against the west indies would be meaningless too

my idea would be - play a series of at least 1 test, 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is against everyone in x years. award points for each game and bonus points for a series win. obviously the bigger nations will have longer test series, but its imperative we play against the weaker nations too

This then feeds into a ladder where the top two play off in a final to be crowned test champions every year.

ODIs and T20Is can feed into their respective world cups somehow.
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 2

Piss weak crowd tonight. More proof the game should be down in Geelong. If GWS shitsville can get a home game, we should also. F**k you AFL!!
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

The question on whether Bradman was better than modern day batsmen can only be answere on way in my opinion.

We will never know if he was 'better', whether the bowlers or pitches were 'better' but what we do know is he dominated the game like no other before him or ever since.
By being able to dominate his era he earns the right as being the 'best'
by whufc
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2017/2018

The wide interpretation is an UTTER FARCE
The rule should be quite simply that any ball that doesn't pass inside the blue line on the off side is called a wide REGARDLESS of the movements of the batsman. This crap about the batsmen moving across to bring the ball within reach thus it not being called a wide is RUBBISH
by jackpot jim
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2017/2018

I am a cricket tragic.
I have been since I was 3, and I was taken to the Adelaide test by my dad, where I spent the entire day in the corner of the Chappell bar (apparently).
This tradition continued until I was 6, then I was allowed to roam free around the back of the stands, as my dad knew everyone (a big name in the district scene), until I was 9.
Years 10-16 were spent in the stand, with my own scorebook.
Then I was allowed to drink with the "men".
I went to the first day of the test with my dad for 34 years, and unfortunately, that is not an option anymore.
I looked forward to starting the same tradition with my own son, and if it wasnt for the BBL, this probably would never have eventuated.

I dont care about the standard. It has been the sole reason all 3 of my kids are playing cricket, including my daughter. In fact little Miss Moe is infatuated with cricket now, and loves going to watch it, whether it be our B grade at Morphy Parks, or whoever.
She has asked me to take her to the test match next year, and I cant wait.

T20 might not be for the purists, but I thank it for getting my kids interested.

Cheers,
Moe.
by Moe
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Well done India... The locals served up a wicket they expected would favour the home team and the Indians turned it against them. Kohli has given this team a spine.
by northerner
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Wow....they were cruising and 2/124 to all out 177....

Just good to see a series not dominated by the bat!
by mighty_tiger_79
Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Panthers sign two former Eagles Tom Whittlesea and Jake Summerton.
Whittlesea is the son of Sturt Magarey Medallist Greg?
Good to see him with at least a little more blue on his guernsey, if that is the case. Hopefully we can perform a full conversion at a later date.
Whitts' son will make his league debut this year.....

as an umpire.

He's a good one!
Ah, so he is still with the Eagles then
by johntheclaret
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Panthers sign two former Eagles Tom Whittlesea and Jake Summerton.
Whittlesea is the son of Sturt Magarey Medallist Greg?
Good to see him with at least a little more blue on his guernsey, if that is the case. Hopefully we can perform a full conversion at a later date.
Whitts' son will make his league debut this year.....

as an umpire.

He's a good one!
Ah, so he is still with the Eagles then

https://sprottmoney.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/512x512/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/a/bar-mintvaries-gold-1kilo.png
by JK
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Domestic Season 2017/18

Unlike other states for some reason it's very rare any of our cricketers have immediate success at shield level Winters not included obviously
Have to remember SA's population is a lot smaller than other states, they filter out plenty before they even reach the high performance squads, and they have a larger scope of players in these squads, so once they finally crack through for a first class game generally they've reached the top of the class and ready to fire.
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jack wrote:The state election
What are the earliest and latest times we can we vote ?
When is it not busy, I dont like waiting in lines ?

Do it today.
https://www.ecsa.sa.gov.au/voting/votin ... oll-voting
Just tell 'em that you're caring for a sick aunt. :lol:
by Pseudo
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |