Search found 35 matches

Return

Re: Player movement 2017

In fairness to Ben Nason, you have to give him some credits for the amount of perseverance he has to play league SANFL football.

Not many blokes left like him, to be honest less than a handful.

Hardly, left Glenelg half way thru 2016.

He didn't leave Glenelg half way thru 2016. trained all the way thru to end of season. got injured and couldn't get back into the side

I think Nason plays for Salisbury North now.
but we need big blokes, a full forward and a ruckman,
by GMcG
Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Not all black and white

Does Tylor feature in it at all?
by GMcG
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

yep, not long ago I'd host a table of 10 drunken Rooster yobbos at today's President's Luncheon....................now I can't get one taker. :(
by GMcG
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District coach Roy Laird to coach again in 2018

gossipgirl wrote::oops: Who would have thought he was actually still coaching

I knew he was still coaching the other weekend, when We smashed Glenelg by 16 goals.
by GMcG
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see Sturt beaten by the Professionals (except for some of their supporters who didn't advocate their inclusion). The Sturt board seems to be one of the strongest advocates of the incursion, I guess they can be they won a flag. Also good to see Norwood out, though Tripodi and Pickard have one team left, with a chance.
Unfortunately I'll always have that "chip on my shoulder" against the boards and the SANFL that have ruined our competition.

'If we vote to let the AFL reserves teams in, the SANFL will be reduced to the status of parklands footy within five years'
Joe Tripodi 26th June 2013.
by GMcG
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
PhilH wrote:We are doing one for our Under 18's in their Grand Final this weekend ... how about you ?

Big one that one. :lol:

about as big as winning the reserves grand final?
by GMcG
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

JK wrote:Will the coffin make a return?

yes................and it will have emblazoned down one side.................RIP SANFL
by GMcG
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

I attended no matches in 2015, in 2016 I bit the bullet & renewed my sponsorship, I attended probably 9 or 10 matches, several of them I left at 1/2 time. The passion has died, due to 2 factors. The first is the style of "footy" being played, it's absolute garbage most of the time, more like basketball, don't try to win by attacking, try to win by keeping their score down. The main reason is the inclusion of the 2 AFL reserves sides. I'm pretty sure I'll not attend any more matches and if the Power reserves win, that will be it for me. The game I love, in the competition I loved, is ruined forever. When I held up my NO AFL IN THE SANFL banner (thanks to the Norwood supporters who helped me too) at Elizabeth Oval, during a CD v Norwood game in 2013, just 4 years ago, there must have been at least 5,000 people there, now we can't get 1,500 to a game. Thankyou very much to the SANFL, for selling out making an absolute mockery of their name, they don't give a stuff about the real SANFL.
BTW, I hope Sturt win.
by GMcG
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Big Phil wrote:
therisingblues wrote:When was the Bays' last Grand Final?

Was 2008 against the Dogs.

10 years, this coming season.

ah yes, I remember, the too old, too slow grand final :D
by GMcG
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's fine, Booney. I have nothing against Power squad members playing for Port, I just know that they see themselves as Power players, not Magpies. Any sensible person would. Ask any one of them. I would be very surprised if they didn't say they belong to the Power before they would say they belong to the Magpies.
Cheers

I think you'll find they see themselves as Port Adelaide footballers, but hey ho.

yes! And they're playing in the SANFL for the sole reason to get a game in the Power side. They know they play for the power reserves. A pig with lipstick on is still a pig
by GMcG
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

I'm off to the Hill of Grace at Adelaide Oval tonight, anyone been there yet? What's it like?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/food-wine/restaurants/hill-of-grace-adelaide-oval-restaurant-review/news-story/5349ebb200ac7623fdc2395aef041eb8

Let’s start with the dining room: bland, lifeless, beige-on-beige, with monitors projecting images of the rustic Henschke winery. It’s like the function room your sister was married in 16 years ago. The greeting is perfunctory, a clue to the service to come: myriad waiters assigned to each table, some of whom care, others who show little intuition in relation to their craft (lingering empty plates and glasses, four waiters idling at the pass, glass and cutlery dropped on tiled floors…)

I’m not sure the world is ready for this particular fusion just yet. HoG occupies some kind of sad, ill-informed contemporary fine dining void; it’s like the rest of the restaurant world doesn’t exist. I’m trying hard to think of someone I’d recommended it to. I just can’t.

I'm glad I didn't read this review before I went last night, stopped off at Madame Hanoi for a Singapore Sling, then on to HoG.
For starters, the view is sensational, it encompasses all of Adelaide Oval, the food was absolutely delicious!!
MAYBE a little more food on the plate would have been a good idea.
The only downside was the price, the 2 of us spent $280 BUT the bottle of Pol Roger was $137. Very impressed & will be returning.
by GMcG
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just out of curiousity, does Norwood actually have or adhere to a salary cap. Ins for 2017 Grigg Shenton Terlich McKenzie Ins for 2018 Surman Edmead Hamilton and Talia, and please don't give me that "ex players returning" rubbish because they still have to be paid. Retirements moving on ZIP

I know when you can't manage your own finances or recruit effectively it's easy to blame those clubs that can (Norwood fans were the same last decade), but at least get your facts straight when whinging.
Edmead will have to pay Norwood to get a game! :D :D
by GMcG
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I told him to go to North. :D
by GMcG
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s simply more for less.
More pay in the ammos/county league and you commit far less time during the week for players.

Plus it’s free entry to the ammos for spectators and generally cheaper grog.
yep, the attraction of bullshit-free footy,
the players are subjected to less bullshit,
the supporters are subjected to less bullshit,
kinda like what the SANFL was like, before the circus came to town.
by GMcG
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Looks like Josh Glenn heading to Norwood easy for them
as they are the only club without a salary cap

Dogs under no obligation to clear him so it’s not a done deal yet. I’d be surprised if we cough up the transfer fee they want either

with his recent history, why would anyone want him.
by GMcG
Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Is that you centurian?

you bet your sweet bippy!
by GMcG
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 North V West Sunday 1310

Gozu wrote:Roosters up and about, I'm old enough to remember when North were crap.

you mean last weekend.
by GMcG
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WWT V CD Sunday 1410

sounds like most games last year, played one terrible quarter of footy & lost the match.
by GMcG
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure Ladder 2018

Pity Port aren't in it.
by GMcG
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Port v WWT

Booney wrote:
StrayDog wrote:Might look better on a Grand Final coffin.

When you catch up, come and see me.

36 is a long way from 9, rookies.

at least we have seen all ours ;) :D
by GMcG
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v West Sat 1410

That was the very reason why I rarely go to the footy anymore.

Almost sound like you've been a bit spoiled and can't handle some tough times.
Bloke, as you may or may not know, I've been going since I was about 6, 54 now. I've been thrown out of every suburban ground, arrested at Footy Park (for blowing a bloody horn, for crying out loud) & have witnessed some huge thrashings, mostly by the Magpies (RIP).
The reason I hardly go now is because of the style of the game, it's boring garbage, everyone runs down one end, scramble scramble scramble, then everyone rushes back to the other end.
by GMcG
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have been a Port Magpies fan since 1988 when I was 7 years old..I continue to support the Port Magpies and regularly attend the games but have not been a member since the Power amalgamation. I'm a Brisbane Lions fan in the AFL and have no affection for Port Power whatsoever. I never saw them as the same thing in 1997, especially when a number of the players of the time specifically tried to distance themselves from any Magpies heritage with comments that they made to the media.

Scott Hodges makes the same point in his recent book, explaining why to this day he continues to support Collingwood in the AFL. I strongly was against the AFL intrusion in the SANFL, however it has happened and it's now become the lesser of two evils to me if the alternative is no magpies at all. It's a sad state of affairs for us old Port fans, hating the AFL in SANFL but now having to hope for it to continue.. :(
Alex, there isn't a Magpies anymore, unfortunately.
by GMcG
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Central v Sturt Sat 1410

Ben Nason named to start, at last someone who can kick goals.
by GMcG
Thu May 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Centrals Sunday 1410

Why would you quit a club mid-year, he's turned things around numerous times in the past. Also, it's all well & good to get rid of the coach, but replace him with whom? It's up to the club, if they think it's time for Roy to go, then they need to do some background work first & attempt to find a suitable replacement.
by GMcG
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs South at My Money Oval

The bar behind Klub Tropikana will be selling schooners of port this weekend.
by GMcG
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals v Glenelg Sat 1410

Terrible skills, the very reason why I keep away from most games, sooooooooo hard to watch. Luckily we won.
by GMcG
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Once again, we went missing for 1/2 a match. 1 goal in 2 quaters of footy won't get you anywhere.
Last week against West, 2 goals in 2 quarters, almost every match this season we have failed to kick a goal in a quarter. This is a HUGE problem, as Roy stated, we are the half a game side.
And it isn't a coaching issue, it's a players' mindset issue.
We SHOULD be 9 & 5 but lost some close matches, simply because we forgot to score.
by GMcG
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TDJ44 wrote:Will Goodrem and Jenner be at the dogs in 2019?

yes
by GMcG
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Finals Week 1

'Dogs win,
12.6 78
11.6 72
by GMcG
Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

I'd favour cacelling any scores by North in that period. It is their responsibility to get their player management right regardless of technical and procedural debate above.
Yep, the interchange steward obviously cheated, so did the 2 sitting on the bench, SURELY they wondered where the 3rd player was??
by GMcG
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Advertiser SANFL Team of the Year

Leading possession winner in the SANFL on the bench?
by GMcG
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

I'm an OUT if the mid season draft is an IN
by GMcG
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nathan Grima is the new Sturt coach!

Another one of our players gone to a rival SANFL club. :(

Can we help you out with some players? Why don't you peruse our B & F placings and work your way down the list. :roll: :evil:

he's not one of OUR players, he came to us from interstate in the first place!
STRUTH! Stop funking moaning about everything!!
by GMcG
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:
GMcG wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Troy Menzel to Norwood

Bugger.

Not official, yet.

unofficial bugger
by GMcG
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Despite much speculation, Travis Schiller will stay at Centrals.

TFFT!!
by GMcG
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |