Search found 221 matches

Return

Re: Player movement 2017

In fairness to Ben Nason, you have to give him some credits for the amount of perseverance he has to play league SANFL football.

Not many blokes left like him, to be honest less than a handful.

Hardly, left Glenelg half way thru 2016.

He didn't leave Glenelg half way thru 2016. trained all the way thru to end of season. got injured and couldn't get back into the side

I think Nason plays for Salisbury North now.
by Gozu
Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

This is probably the wrong thing to say but, will there be any dancing boys?
by therisingblues
Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
whufc wrote: It was also noted that soccer had seen even further growth in the women's game

Well stated, spot on.

If soccer does one day gain interest in this country they might start a men's league!
by Wedgie
Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Still being negotiated, but a chance Johnny Butcher may end up at the Ponderosa.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

We've had 300 pages of football discussion on this thread alone dumbass.

https://memesuper.com/download/3aa07a5e56fddd65c41b2a020f8da2637a45d18c.html

Another constructive little contribution. :lol:

Until Wedgie comes up with a website http://www.blindlydefendingpafcbydummies.com.au

I Guess you're stuck with us buddy.
by UK Fan
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg/West merger?

The bloody tigers?
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg/West merger?

Would need a huge club room to display all those wooden spoons
by Jim05
Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9

Geez feel for Westies here, time the SANFL woke up :oops: :oops: :oops:
by locky801
Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9

No AFL in the SANFL, an absolute disgrace what is happening at Alberton.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10

If we lose to Centrals this week you can almost rule a line through us.
by Spargo
Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NEW SANFL WIN/LOSS STATS

^Agree with Aerie. 2011 is totally insignificant. 2014 was the big change.
by RB
Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Boxing - Mayweather vs Pacquiao

JEFF HORN WINS BY UNANIMOUS DECISION!!!!
The judges went 117-111, 115-113 and 115-113, and Horn takes the WBO welterweight title from Pacquiao!
by Jim05
Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Pure Ladder

:lol: Not sure about that! It was on zero until you came along.
by therisingblues
Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10

Well you gave a great deflection with good on this and great on that but at the end of the day the Karma bus hit and then backed over you and you still look a fool !!!
by Trent Plucktrum
Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Pure Ladder

A rare occurrence in round 12: Four games between worthy competitors all played on the same day!
.............P...W...D.....F......A......%
Eagles.......9...8...0....744....507....59.47
Norwood.....10...7...0....881....746....54.15
Sturt........8...6...0....675....546....55.28
South.......10...6...0....703....683....50.72
Glenelg.....10...4...0....721....886....44.87
North.......10...3...0....764....858....47.10
Central......9...2...0....682....763....47.20
West........10...2...0....674....855....44.08
by Pseudo
Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Not all black and white

Yep great player if my memory is right I was at the game at Footy Park in 1994 when he cost us a spot into a GF.

Also was at Alberton with my Maggy mate when he played against the Bloods I witnessed him kick I think it was a lazy 15 goals.

But alas those days of a real Magpie player and a Magpie team emulating all this is over because of the AFL INTERLOPERS.

Oh for those halcyon day of the SANFL all over now.
by Apachebulldog
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The only whinging is against the AFL INTERLOPERS.
by Apachebulldog
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just stating facts players of the Hodges calibre will never be emulated in a Magpie side cos they do not exist anymore.
by Apachebulldog
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL ROUND 15

Yes and no.
Some play this week some play next week.
A bye or split round?
Whatever you call it ,with attendances dropping,
players and their supporters will be kept away from the SANFL.
What business that opens for only six months,closes up on one of their main trading days?
by VALE PARK
Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Read a few of the excerpts they published on adelaide now. Some of it was very interesting, and i sympathised a lot with his mental health issues.

A few of the later excerpts made him sound like a spoilt brat though. Like he lived being a big fish in a little pond.

Different era mate, he simply didn't buy into boardroom franchises and simply wanted to be a Magpie playing for a club he loved at that loved him back, this is what gripes me about AFL supporters is that they can't see past the bright lights and realise it's not the bees knees to every person on earth

It would've been no different if I could choose to AFL footy or play Centrals I wouldn't hesitate to in my deciscion

Same as if West Ham relegated to division 3, there still my team I won't follow, support or be passionate for another team just coz west ham play in a lower division

He wasnt a supporter mate, he was a player. He wasnt forced to play for the crows. And if you say you would choose centrals over the AFL you are deadset cooked. Everyone wants to play at the highest level they can, not to mention the obvious monetary benefits. Its the reason hodges would have signed up for the crows too. Obviously he might have been a maggies man through and through and thats fine.

Seems like he couldnt handle the fact that he wasnt the king anymore. Obviously it could be taken out of context given I have only read the excerpts, but it seems like one minute he is saying how good he is, and the next he is saying how much pressure there is and if he failed it was someone elses fault. He played some very good games but when he didnt he seems to blame others (Cornes, Jars, etc)

Seems to be quite bitter about footy in general, which is sad.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/scott-hodges-book-extract-the-day-i-decided-to-beat-up-jars/news-story/074dd4a43a8aeb977a54e4be96febeab

Mate I had two dreams as a kid, play for Centrals and West Ham, what division they were in was irrrelevant I just wanted to play to the u dogs chanting and walk out to bubbles

From what I understand Hodges came from a very strong Port supporting family and grew up well before the Crows were a business marketing plan
by whufc
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reality hit me today, I've been to two games this year living in the inner western suburbs. Only 10 years ago I'd go to every game, even went to trial games interstate and never missed a game despite living 45 minutes away from Prospect. Only 3 years ago I was a part of the President's Group which cost me thousands of dollars a year. The two games I've been to this year are the Good Friday game as there was nothing else to do and the game at Noarlunga to catch up with my daughter who is a physio there.
This is what having teams in a comp play under different rules has done for me, have gone from a fanatic who went above and beyond the cause to someone who no longer cares.
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Official SANFL Greatest Team of all Time

GMcG wrote:WHAT?? NO MANDEMAKER??

What about Brendan Maguire?
by Grenville
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District coach Roy Laird to coach again in 2018

I personally think it is great news. Yes, this year may not have been a successful one for the club. However, in Roy's 14 years of coaching we have only missed the finals on one occasion. The current playing list is very young and, given the vast majority stay together next year, there should be successful times ahead.
This year's performance has really come down to three bad quarters of football:
Giving up a 40 point lead against Norwood
Giving up a 29 point lead against Glenelg
Giving up a 21 point lead against North.

Take those three shocking quarters away and we would be sitting safely in the five.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District coach Roy Laird to coach again in 2018

I don't think there are many coaches out there who can rival his record of having his team make the finals in 13 of his 14 seasons coaching. This is despite being at a club with limited junior ranks and less money spent on recruits than most clubs. He certainly gets the most out of his players.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16

So Norwood get smashed and outclassed in every aspect of the game but had 20 frees to 14 ...how does that happen... there should be a league investigation...its a disgrace...
by arcadefire
Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements

Make sure they get the appropriate send off on Saturday Bloods!
by Hazydog
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17

It is indeed a great effort Phil and the Eagles for thinking outside the square.

What the SANFL should do is put people at the gates when the families are leaving and survey the reasons they are not sticking around for the main game, this would be perfect for them to get feedback on why there is low engagement int he SANFL from young families.
by Dutchy
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Josh Carr Wooden Spoon Coach. Hard Luck.

They thought he would be like Josh Francou. But he ended up worse than a Part time Kenny.

Best Wooden Spoon coach since Garry Macintosh at Norwood

Not as good but close.

Josh Carr you are officially a dud. Gonna need to fight yoursself out of a lot of car parkss to live thiss one down asss clown.

SANFL We love you.
by UK Fan
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Josh Carr Wooden Spoon Coach. Hard Luck.

The guy has done an amazing job to get 8 wins at North Adelaide. Deserves an AFL head coach spot with that performance, i doubt anyone else in the world could have managed half a dozen wins.
by Wedgie
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Predictions for SANFL Premiers

I still cant believe the $15 the bookies are offering for the Dogs, ive been back a couple times now for a piece of that.
Butcher and Glen are massive ins together with alot of youing players on the rise
Closer to the spoon than a Premiership. Everyone had the Dogs as making finals but things just havnt clicked and their season is over with 4 games to go.
For me they have been the most disappointing side in the comp this year
by Jim05
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Central play North, Norwood, West and the Eagles. If they win 3 and the Bays loose all then percentage. I would think the Eags will go in cautious for the last game. Long shot I know, maths possible.

Adel play Glenelg, North, Eagles and South so could easily displace the Bays all depending on this week.
by goddy11
Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GMcG wrote:
VALE PARK wrote:Power reserves easily,for their first SANFuL flag.

the same side We beat a couple of weeks ago?

What the f*** would you know, you were the bloke a few weeks back who said the Bays would lose their last few games and we'd sneak into the 5......... um..... carry on then nothing to see here.
by Grenville
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cennals05 wrote:Port certainly think they've got it in the bag. They don't rate Sturt, Eagles or Norwood. Straight from the mouth of a Power player last night.

Port don't rate the SANFL, full stop.
by Dutchy
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals - Week 1

Not confident at all about tomorrow. Potentially the last game of SANFL I attend so a touch of sadness aswell

Finals are always 50/50 mate, I'm excited but certainly not overconfident. Why last game?
Since the AFL Reserves sides have entered I've become more and more disillusioned with the comp each year and several of our group have stopped attending completely. I still go most weeks but the enjoyment is dwindling and I've always said that the day a Reserves side wins the flag that will do it for me. Port look like making that a reality
by Jim05
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where/when did he say this?

Prior to the match, in a conversation with my brother-in-law, an ardent Power and Magpies supporter and member.
Overall, I believe you will find that the Power squad members regard themselves as Power players, not Magpie players. They would much rather be playing for the Power than the Magpies. In the same situation, wouldn't you?

The absolute absurdity of it is that Magpie players (players actually contracted by the Magpies) have to make way for Power squad members during the season. The Magpies CAPTAIN is NOT EVEN ALLOWED to play for the Magpies if there are 21 Power squad members available. Thus, all I am saying is that call it what it is: the Power Reserves team, not the Magpies. I am not saying at all that Power squad members should not be allowed to play. I am just saying, call it as it is.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's fine, Booney. I have nothing against Power squad members playing for Port, I just know that they see themselves as Power players, not Magpies. Any sensible person would. Ask any one of them. I would be very surprised if they didn't say they belong to the Power before they would say they belong to the Magpies.
Cheers

I think you'll find they see themselves as Port Adelaide footballers, but hey ho.

yes! And they're playing in the SANFL for the sole reason to get a game in the Power side. They know they play for the power reserves. A pig with lipstick on is still a pig

yeah, but they assumed that like true aussies, after a few beers, and seeing no other options, we would still cuddle up to it by the end of the night.
by tipper
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My suggestion for Port's Grand Final Banner (front side)
Magpies Banner 2a.png

And backside
Magpies 1a.png
by PhilH
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Kendall's 2017 Magarey Medal Preview

RustyCage wrote:Congrats to Louis Sharrad!

http://sanfl.com.au/sharrad-wins-2017-r ... rey-medal/

Reckon he will be in different colours in the SANFL next year....
by heater31
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Roses are red
magpies need teal blue
We've won a premiership this millennium
Unlike you........
You couldn't make a gf this century until you got taken over by full timers
Now piss off out of our comp

Sorry, couldn't rhyme the last two lines.
by Dogs72
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You've tried to fool us
With your one club stunts
Everyone sees through it
You deluded bunch of...
by Spargo
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GMcG wrote:I thought he was referring to CENTURION's Eric the Banner!!

No one would dare speak of Eric in such a tone.
by Grenville
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hall of Fame 2017

Dutchy wrote:When does Wayne Carey get inducted?

When/if the committee induct him.
by Wedgie
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Week 3- Preliminary Final Week.

Would love to see Sturt get up over Port Power.

No chance, I think they'll beat Port Magpies though

:roll: Magpies, Power, call them what the **** you want, but they are still an AFL Reserves squad.

You could also say Magpies, Power, call them what the **** you want, but they are still Port Adelaide

The Cuckoo's would be more appropriate.

The parent cuckoo, by stealth, puts its bastard egg in another birds nest which is then conned into looking after the interloper.
The cuckoo chick is at least 3 times bigger than the sovereign chicks who, one by one are squeezed out leaving the cuckoo's chick as the biggest and strongest in the nest. Meanwhile the parent birds continue to nurture the cuckoo chick seemingly oblivious to the damage it's doing until it's too late and all the sovereign chicks are dead and the nest is abandoned.

Hang on a minute............
by johntheclaret
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

Carn the Blues!!
by Psyber
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GMcG wrote:
another grub wrote:Would love to hear Never tear us apart before the game. Will the sanfl allow it?

what a great theme song, sung by another wanker who choked!

Facebook, giving nuffies inspiration since 2005.
by Booney
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I must admit I often get on here and stir the SANFL faithful, but I am of the feeling too that it doesn't feel the same if the Magpies win circa 2014. Make no mistake Port Adelaide is Port Adelaide regardless of moniker IMO and I love the development it has given our AFL team, but would probably prefer the old system of the Mini draft on a SANFL level. Port by 26 points

On another note when are they going to drop the N in SANFL, hardly a national comp. American like with their World Series

A genuine Magpies side in the SANFL made for a better comp no doubt at all, unfortunately this pigcrap being paraded as a Magpies outfit just takes the piss and mocks the comp. Magpower by 32, Sturt to pay the price for selling out.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Win Lose or Draw i have put up with this AFL infestation in the SANFL for the last FOUR FAARKEN years so FAARKKK OFFF you parasitic MAGGOTS and go find another competition to play in .

NO AFL IN THE SANFL .
by Apachebulldog
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure if people know this but a group of Sturt supporters left after the reserves as they will not watch matches against Port or Adelaide.
by DOC
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |