Search found 37 matches

Return

Re: Sturt v South Sunday 1410

Unfortunately not at the game today. Can anyone confirm if the eye test for Heaslip and Emery matched their stats? Appeared to both have great games on paper. Great come back win for the reserves!

What does that mean?
I'd assume that stats can be deceiving so he was asking if anyone actually at the game could confirm their games were as good as their stats appeared?
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt v South Sunday 1410

Emery was outstanding and will play league next week.

Heaslip got it plenty but disposal not great (not bad either).
by DOC
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North V South

PanthersFan wrote:Hopefully South can get the win but I'm not very confident. I'm making the trek out to Prospect with my Dad (a North supporter) so if any one sees a fat guy with a scraggy beard decked out in South gear with an old man in red and white that's us!

Doesn't narrow it down too much I'm afraid...
by Pseudo
Thu May 16, 2019 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

What price a crows v port GF this year?
by amber_fluid
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Port Sat 1440

57 possessions and 6 goals.
Not a bad day out.
He was a great player.
by amber_fluid
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - South Adelaide v Crowserves

Will finish on 197 games.

Well played and will not be far off another Knuckey Cup.
by DOC
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - South Adelaide v Crowserves

Corona Man wrote:Be a big crowd at this game no doubt, Crows supporters will be there 25 deep?

Only if they're standing single file.
by Pseudo
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide Knuckey Cup

Joel Cross won his 4th Knuckey Cup last night.
Joe Haines was runner up, Alex Cailotto Best Club Man, Hayden Sampson most improved, Reece Milsom best first year player.
I did not attend the night so if there are any results I missed please add them.
To anyone who did attend, were there any announcements made regarding who's staying or going for next year? I haven't seen an official announcement regarding Joel Cross yet...

Crossy going on in 2020.

Good news.
by southee
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Pump the brakes. It's Cody Ellison. He found the commitment too much 3 seasons ago but Norwood have enticed him to have another go. Good footballer, better basketballer.

Knoll is playing in Sydney. Brooksby will be playing in the SANFL but not for Norwood.
by DOC
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South’s flag to lose.
by Spargo
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's great to have signed Rose and Brooksby (although I haven't seen anything official from SAFC regarding the latter) but I am a bit concerned signing them before the drafts. Have they agreed to not nominate for the drafts? I would hate to go through the same scenario as last off season and of course mid-season.

Any word on Matt Rose and Malcolm Karpany?

Matt Rose and Malcolm Karpany will be there in 2020.
by southee
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The club did release the confirmation regarding Keegan Brooksby return in an email to Kingstonian Members last week therefore my rejoicing, however i do agree you would think the club would be broadcasting this more broadly.
by darley16
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The club did release the confirmation regarding Keegan Brooksby return in an email to Kingstonian Members last week therefore my rejoicing, however i do agree you would think the club would be broadcasting this more broadly.
Maybe they're waiting to announce another signing as well??

You maybe on the money there...
by blueandwhite
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Broadbent and Brooksby confirmed by the club have signed with South and will be announced this afternoon. Ben Warren returning to the club as assistant coach together with Chad Simmons from Sturt. List looking goo for the Panthers now just waiting on the AFL mid season, pre-season draft to destroy all the clubs good work, just like last year.
by darley16
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Broadbent, that's a surprise. :D
by Booney
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Full list of nominations from SA

ADELAIDE SANFL (6)

Jy Farrar, Thomas Hutchesson, Hamish Latchford, James Mathews, Matthew Merrett, Jackson Press

CENTRAL DISTRICT (8)

Leek Aleer, Rhys Cannizzaro, Jack Carpenter, Isaya McKenzie, Jordan O’Brien, Christopher Olsson, Oliver Shaw, Johannes Smit

GLENELG (16)

Adam Beaumont, Declan Carmody, Bradley Close, Will Gould, Nicholas Jones, Austin Kitschke, Josh Koster, Reid Kuller, Sam Liambis, Hamish McRae, Jordan Moore, Ricky O’Loughlin-Johncock, Callum Park , Luke Partington , Luke Reynolds, Brady Searle

NORWOOD (6)

Henry Crauford, Cole Gerloff, Nik Rokahr, Dylan Stephens, Cody Szust, Cam Taheny

NORTH ADELAIDE (12)

Jacob Akker, Jack Blair, Karl Finlay, Dyson Hilder, Tyran Hill, Max Hodges, Harrison Magor, Jack Scott, Aidan Tropiano, Liam Verity, Harrison Wigg, Frank Szekely

PORT ADELAIDE (1)

Sam Davidson

SOUTH ADELAIDE (8)

Luke Bogle, Liam Fitt. Damon Freitag, Beau McCreery, Mark Noble, Connor Sampson, Hayden Sampson, Daniel Sladojevic

STURT (27)

Charles Allan, Lachlan Burrows, Thomas Condon, William Coomblas, Declan Fahey, Oliver Grivell, Joshua Hone, Jordan Houlahan, Rory Illman, Tully Kennett, Tom Lewis, Anzac Lochowiak, Mihail Lochowiak, Dylan Matteucci, Jed McEntee, Hugo Munn, Lachlan Paddick, Joel Parker-Boers, Joshua Patullo, James Richards, Joshua Shute, Jake Sutcliffe, Joel Thiele, Casey Voss, Harry Weeks, Heath Wingard, Sam Zevenboom

WEST ADELAIDE (14)

Will Day, Elliot Dunkin, Patrick Fairlie, Joel Groom, Noah Hannagan, Hugh Haysman, Kenneth Karpany, Jack Kelsh, Thomas Rundle, Angus Rana, Aryan Sareen, Gibson Turner, Murray Waite

WOODVILLE-WEST TORRENS (18)

Luke Barnett, Luke Beecken, Trent Burgoyne, Jamie Coff, Jordan Foote, Minairo Frederick, Jack Hayes, Lachlan Hoile, Ben Jungfer, Lachlan McNeil, Jackson Mead , Joshua Morris, Dale Pearce, Kysaiah Pickett, Kai Pudney, James Rowe , Harry Schoenberg, Zane Williams

OTHER (2)

Jack Trengove, Billy Stretch
by Jim05
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Hope you are right Jim.

In some very good news for South, Mark Noble will be a very welcome in having returned from Melbourne.
by DOC
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hope you are right Jim.

In some very good news for South, Mark Noble will be a very welcome in having returned from Melbourne.
That's great news! Very skilful player and runs all day.

Doc do you know if Malcolm Karpany is playing this season? Somebody posted that he has left the club but I haven't seen the club confirm this.

I have no word. He was reported to be uncertain about playing a month ago. In this case, no news is good news.
by DOC
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Adelaide have signed Paul Hunter (ex Crows Rookie 47 SANFL games). Hunter will be joined at South by Daly Andrews. Both were at Williamstown for this season until the VFL cancelled.
by DOC
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Sturt v South Saturday 1410

Kirkwood out for Sturt will hurt them big time. As consistent a player I have seen over the last 5-10 years. Powell may come straight in and start in the middle, An absolute gun and just a pity these last few games is all Sturt will see of him. Top 10 draft pick I would think.

If South have only the one change then I feel it will be McGree in to allow Cailotto to play down back.

Very surprised that Juckers has been able to return after not being able to finish last week.

Competition for spots is ramping up with Karpany, Biemans, Hoey and Haren all returning through the reserves. Highmore will play the following week. A welcome headache.
by DOC
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is the logic behind the South v North game being on Sunday? There’s no AFL to clash with, all it does is give South and North a day less break than Glenelg and the Eagles.

SFL finals at Hickinbotham on Saturday.
Plus you still get the full week off as finals are played on the following Sunday. It’s only been a 14 week season, one less days break is stuff all.
by Spargo
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 1st Semi Final

PanthersFan wrote:Does anyone know if there will be a Budget available at the game?

No
by DOC
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A big investment by South in its local juniors is beginning to bear fruit.
Some of the bigger names had a quiet day today, but to their credit the youngsters werent over awed and stepped up to the plate.
Wilkinson,Mcgreery, Sampson,Horne and Bogle arent household names... but one or two of them certainly will be in years to come.
A great win today, but lots more to play for next week.
Go Panthers!
by blueandwhite
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Terrific performance from South. Attacked the footy hard, pressured the Bays into errors, kept running for four quarters, generally used it pretty well and always had somebody to kick to in the forward half.

The club name their best as: M. Karpany, P. Hunter, E. Wilkinson, J. Horne, H. Sampson, M. Broadbent.

Karpany's best game for the club after a forgettable 2020 to date, Hunter is an enormous presence, Wilkinson along with Mccreery were dangerous smalls, Horne has a mature head on his shoulders. Also thought Highmore was very good down back.

In 2016 and 2018 we were exposed 'on the outside' come finals time, but with the likes of Sampson, Andrews, Milsom, Bogle, Horne, McCreery, Wilkinson there is no shortage of dash from the younger guys.

Other than the first 15 mins and periods in the final term the Bays never looked like stringing enough good passages of play together to threaten. As already mentioned by some their skills were woeful at times. 7 of the top 9 "dream team" points scorers were Bays' players for what it's worth. Either it's a relatively useless performance measure, or suggests they had too many possessions that had no impact on the game. Or both.

The umps were whistle happy. A few too many "AFL" holding the ball calls made.

Ends a run of 4 straight finals losses for South, stemming back to the 2014 prelim v Power Reserves.

South and St Kilda both winning finals on the same weekend...2020 really is a unique year :shock:
by saintal
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

'Gratz to the Panthers who were unequivocally the better side today. The margin flattered the Bays. Best of luck for the rest of the finals; may you break that long spell. Go Panthers!
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a day beating last years premiers !

Thought our young guys really stood up today with the more senior players (who played well) not as dominant.

Horne (just turned 17 and AFL bound in 2022), Wilkinson, Sampson, McCreery, Bogle and Milsom were very good today. They are all local products of our development squads through the years.

Karpany..well, what a class act. Hardly played this year (3 games tops maybe ?) was like a secret weapon for us. Silky smooth and composed kicking 4 goals.

Just thought we wanted it more than the Bays today.

Still really pumped up tonight but now we move on to play the Eagles which will be a really hard contest.

Dare to dream........I'm starting to see something special brewing.

One week at a time...... ;)
by southee
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: reserves

When the Reserves concept was originally voted on (with no member input), the vote was 6-2, with only South and Central voting against. What would the vote be if it could be done again now, for next season?
by Aerie
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

South have signed Sam Gadden from Sydney Swans.

Gadden was in the Swans academy and played in their NEAFL side.

Sam is a 197cm 95kg KPP who has also played in the ruck.

Gadden has pleaded with the club to only refer to him as a ruckman.
by DOC
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

South are have training with them former College basketballer Oliver Megins.

Megins was a first 18 footballer at school but gave football away to persue basketball at Notre Dame.

Oliver is a handy 205cm and 110 kg.

He too want's to be referred only as a ruckman.
by DOC
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Should be of interest to all South supporters. A look behind the scenes leading up to the trial against Centrals last week.

https://youtu.be/RzbW2uY-yXs
by DOC
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

R7 South v The All Conquering Glenelg Sunday 1410

Glenelg look set to play their first game this season with more than 18 players. They have not bothered in the first six rounds. As the $1.05 favorites to win all four remaining grades they will travel to Noarlunga full of confidence and have vowed to set new records in all three grades. Brtett Hand said in an interview with me that he hates South, always has and is even thinking of playing the reserves against us just to show how good they are.

South last round had one of the greatest victories in living memory despite only having 16 players of which only 9 of were fit and was described by 17 current AFL coaches as the benchmark for football in this country whilst Glenelg thanks to the usual one sided umpiring that Glenelg always get at their ground that can not even have cars parked around it and always runs out of stout as well as cold pies and burnt pasties stole the game against Sturt with a free kick for goal near the siren. Only one of their inside 50's was not from a free.

South have been told by the SANFL that all five South players who played in the state game last weekend can not play because it's on a Sunday whilst Glenelg have been told that if their six from the state game play they will get a 12 goal head start.

Despite that, South for me by a point, kicked by Gibbs.
by DOC
Tue May 18, 2021 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 WWT v West Saturday 1410

Despite the wiggles having upwards of 28 premiership players from last year out, having to debut 32 new players this season & having one of their players in Poole allegedly raped by a South player last week (refer to SA vs WWT thread), they shouldn’t have any problems over coming Westies who are, put simply - putrid.
Eagles by 91 ;)
by Spargo
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 West v Port Sunday 1310

17yo Harry Lemmey to debut for West, congrats Harry, great kid.
by Dutchy
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am now WestiesFan! Absolutely stoked that Harry gets to make his debut at 17. He can’t even get drafted this year!! Hope West get the win and Harry has a decent game first up. Go the Bloods!!!

Great debut by Harry Lemmey yesterday, lead well, took some strong marks and kicked 1.1.

I would say he has a bright future, will be at Westies for next year and most likely selected in next years AFL draft.
by tkr
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am now WestiesFan! Absolutely stoked that Harry gets to make his debut at 17. He can’t even get drafted this year!! Hope West get the win and Harry has a decent game first up. Go the Bloods!!!

Great debut by Harry Lemmey yesterday, lead well, took some strong marks and kicked 1.1.

I would say he has a bright future, will be at Westies for next year and most likely selected in next years AFL draft.

Wouldn't be many kids who have played A Grade District Cricket and now played league footy before turning 18.

This Saturday he will play against Horne at Noarlunga, last time they clashed there in 2018 Horne got the BOG medal, Harry got the Premiership Medal!

https://twitter.com/zacmilbank/status/1416949622958743557
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R19 South v West Sat 2.10

Will play.
by DOC
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Brodlach wrote:Need them and a number more

14 of the u18's have been asked to join pre-season, most for a number of years apparently.

Lemmey with a full pre-season (never even done a junior one due to cricket) and no school commitments should be hand also.
by Dutchy
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |