Search found 39 matches

Return

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

3 wins no losses so I'm not complaining because we lost. Gripes are with umpires turning up asking the coaches to teach them the rules (U8s). Thats not on im my mind especially since we said one of the conditions of moving over was an increased standard of umpiring. So far we are not getting it.

Are you serious, if you are I am so embarrassed for you
- your giving us your win loss ratio in under 8s
- your last post labelled the umpires deplorable, in under 8s. Under 8s...are you serious
- you have issue with the young umpires seeking out some advice prior to the game from those that should be mentoring

I hope you win the Premiership and they appoint Ray Chamberlin to your games :roll:

Seriously buddy, in week two of the season you are going to probably have a teenage kid doing his second game ever and under 8s is the perfect environment for everyone involved to develop. Take a deep breath and try and have a little understanding and analytical ability and everyone will benefit in your junior football environment.
by thegrowler
Wed May 10, 2017 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

I watched the recent Ward episode. Thought it was interesting but it certainly wasnt as detailed as I had thought it may have been.

Reckon his point about all the advertising from the online agencies "normalising" it for kids, is probably something I hadn't thought of before, and a fair shout.

Completely agreed with that before I noodled off
Ladbrokes, 365, Crown, Sportsbet, Ubet, Tom Watershithouse, Odds boost, in game multi bet, weekly special. There are that many adds that seep into your sub conscience. I must see between 10-50 a day depending on how much sport I'm watching and I now have accounts with nearly all agencies. clearly the message is always there, it's made very easy to do and you are provided incentives to do it.
Never stopped to consider the market saturation but he was spot on

I will give the bloke credit. He didn't try and talk up and sensationalise any big wins and make it an exciting interview but painted a very grim picture of the social cancer that gambling can become
by thegrowler
Thu May 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Pure Ladder

I gotta ask mate....Why do you bother?
Your like one of those sci-fans who losses his sh$t when their favourite show gets cancelled and they lobby and picket and do petitions....but it is what it is mate. Let it go. It's a ten team comp with Port and Crows Reserves.20 people under psodonyms bitching and moaning isn't going to do a thing to change it.
I'm guessing you contribute to that hilarious 2,000 page no afl thread. Some funny stuff in there
It's a serious question though, I'm not trying to be an a$$hole but why do you bother?
by thegrowler
Tue May 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I gotta ask mate....Why do you bother?
Your like one of those sci-fans who losses his sh$t when their favourite show gets cancelled and they lobby and picket and do petitions....but it is what it is mate. Let it go. It's a ten team comp with Port and Crows Reserves.20 people under psodonyms bitching and moaning isn't going to do a thing to change it.
I'm guessing you contribute to that hilarious 2,000 page no afl thread. Some funny stuff in there
It's a serious question though, I'm not trying to be an a$$hole but why do you bother?
So, the more people that don't give a shit about the SANFL the better? Have I got that straight?

No you haven't got that straight. You're so far off its comical.
I love the SANFL and have my membership. I have just come to terms with the fact that with the evolution of AFL teams from SA the local league was bound to change from what it was in the 80's. I'm a glass half full kind of guy and accept it certainly isn't what it once was but it is still the best league in Australia outside the AFL.
Legs and the Bays at the Parade tomorrow night. Is it Macca, Aish, Balme, Roberts and Taylor v Kernas, Freddie, Fidge, Marshall and Carey. No, because times change and you move with the times. That's my point.
My initial question to Pseudo was its year 4 now why is he bothering with his "Pure Ladder". I'm not actually having a go I am curious as to his thoughts. Obviously a passionate bays man and curious as to whether he thinks maybe one day he will wake up and AFL reserves will be gone.
It doesn't bother me at all that he does it. I have a coin collection, people think that's a waste of time. each to their own.
by thegrowler
Thu May 18, 2017 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:You choose to "go with the flow" others don't.

Fair enough.
I'll check back in 5 years time ;)
by thegrowler
Thu May 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

bennymacca wrote:Time for wigg to get a game. Brodie smith needs a spell, has been terrible this year

I reckon this is a pretty good call.

I saw Brodie Smith do some putrid things Friday (certainly wasn't alone) and watched Wigg today and thought he was their best.
by thegrowler
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8

Really good win for the Tigers today. We played with a lot of intensity today; tackling and pressure was fantastic, Adelaide were rarely able to do anything that wasn't under pressure. Very good conversion, 14-4, certainly helped as well! Crowd today was 2,458. Now on to Prospect; another test as North belted us twice last year and we've yet to win away from Glenelg.

Yep watched this today. Surprised the Crows hung around as long as the Tiges looked all over them after quarter time. Wigg was good, Thomo tried hard and the talls got their hands on the ball but some of the top ups were spuds. Bays certainly controlled possession. I thought Sharenberg, Agnew, Snook and big Woz were all good with the Mileras providing that touch of magic. Dom Barry outstanding.
I teckon they will knock off the Cocks next week
by thegrowler
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

UK Fan wrote:Only 37000 ??????

Hawks vs port got 43000 last season.

Some things don't change it seems

Can be very easily explained. 6,000 have jumped off the Hawthorn bandwagon. The bandwagon for which all others can be measured.
by thegrowler
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NO OFFAL IN THE SANFUL! (IT'S AN ACRONYM NOT A WORD.) :-Q

There's a 400 page thread dedicated to this. Can we please keep this in there so we can have conversations about the games. I get it, it's been 4 years and you will still be bitter in 40 years. I'm still filthy Scott and Chalene left Ramsay street but I don't throw the toys out the cot every time Neighbours comes on.

OK gotta go I'm off to catch my flight on the Queensland and Northern Territory Airline Service.....What's that you say?
Q.A.N.T.A.S.....Still don't know whatim talking about
Qantas

Yes names, logos and identities evolve over time.

It started in 1990 when a SA team entered the AFL and change has occurred.

Personally I have no issue with people wanting the AFL Reserves out but we finally have a few threads that don't get hijacked by the anti establishments. It would be great if that could continue and posts like yours above could not infect football or game related threads.
by thegrowler
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Rosewater....Oh Dear :oops:

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I feel for all the blokes that do the right thing and for the work by so many but another rotten egg has gone foul and I can't imagine it's going to be a good week for the Dogs.

Ugh

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the AdFL teams - it really doesn't need to be here thanks

You are being naive if you think this won't have an adverse effect on the RFC. All teams that represent a club have something to do with them.
by thegrowler
Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought over 35s essentially didn't play for anything with the aim being to stop bullshit like this?

Correct. No scoreboards, ladders or premierships and whilst I'm not really across it they had rules like 12 points for a drop Goal and the guy in the purple shorts can't be tackled or something like that.

If nothing else it's a fair assumption that the coach is done for life. I'm not talking about a CFL punishment I'm talking about an RFC internal one. Coaches drive a clubs culture and as I have previously mentioned you have a bunch of people at RFC working their asses off to set standards and one person can ruin it for everyone.
by thegrowler
Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Champions Trophy

Brutal spell from Starc ripping through the tail with 4/1 off about 9 balls. Spread eagled the last 3 sets of stumps. Great to watch!

Took what could have been a tricky total in excess of 250 to a very manageable 182.

Zampa also outstanding with about 2/10 off 4 at a pivotal point of the dig.

I reckon we will knock this off in about 30 overs.
by thegrowler
Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that was brutal to watch.

Our club didnt want the AFL reserves teams in the comp.

Power reserves way too good.

Hollywood is a legend will def have him back at the club. Irra acted like he had won the grand final when he kicked a goal seemed over the top and im not sure what message he was trying to send.

Irra acted like a complete flog after that goal. Sort of gave the crowd a big F - you salute.

Not much to say but just hope the professionals enjoy their rehab and day off tomorrow while our boys go back to their day jobs.

Liddle, Davis, Rose my pick for best for us.

Because Irra is a flog, so much so his attitude has hindered his progression over the years.

What a stupid post.

He's on an AFL list and is a quality human being who has done tons of community work. He may have performed an over zealous celebration but who hasn't. He's living his dream at PAFC, yeah progression severely hindered :roll:
by thegrowler
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ricky Pearce will be the coach for the new Western Warriors, Luke Nicholls to captain.

They'll assume the void left by "Rosewater" in Division 5, should they avoid relegation, 3x teams will be promoted from Division 7 instead of 2 to replace West Croydon and Marion will join Division 7 from the SFL.

Premier Jay Weatherill will endorse the move, claiming it a wonderful initiative for two proud clubs to join together on a new journey to create history.

Life members of Rosewater will see this as an opportunity to start fresh and rid themselves of recent bad publicity, and West Croydon will find the support and infrastructure and junior program it desperately craves.
Gill McLachlan now as well as Damian Barrett!

Not sure what you do for a living but you seem to have waaaaaaaaaay to much time on your hands.
by thegrowler
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thegrowler wrote:219 def by 8/119 on DL method :shock:

Could only happen in a Paki game :lol:

My mistake it was 3/119.

This is why everyone should have a big screen TV
by thegrowler
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

OB!! You absolute star. That's incredibly generous mate, thank you!!

Because of the Para Hills FC's amazing generosity I'll be putting a moratorium on all thing negative about Para Hills being in this division.

I bet you don't. ;) :lol:

Heard a good joke today. The funny jokes are always the true ones.....

What do you call A bloke that doesn't turn up to training twice in a row

The Para Hills Coach :lol: :oops:
by thegrowler
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sri Lanka with an epic run chase to defeat India. They reached the target of 332 with 8 balls to spare.

Kohli with a blistering 0 from 5 deliveries.

All 4 teams are on 1 win and 1 loss meaning the last round of matches are effectively knock-out quarter finals.

India vs Sth Africa

Pakistan v Sri lanka

Any post that details Indian defeat and takes the piss out of Kohli is top notch according to this black duck 8)
by thegrowler
Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12

thegrowler wrote:
carey wrote:Brisbane by 6 goals

Give me a 4 goal start and I'll bet you a 6 pack of red tins. They're up by 3

Real glad you didn't pull the trigger. Betting window closed. :oops:
by thegrowler
Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9

Umpires get the Eagles over the line yet again. Those umpires will get another gig looking after the SANFLs love child.
I wish at times I followed a plastic club. But nah.
And here we go another typical CRAP comment from wedgie, The man with all the knowledge. What a ????

In his defence he bags his own club, board membets, coaches, players and everyone who works day in and out more than any other club.
by thegrowler
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He'll Just have to coach B grade for a week :lol:

Yes I believe that is part of the Club Cree. Will have a week in the magoos no doubt.

How's Carey's half assed attempt to do the old ObI-Wan Kenobi half truth. It's not an SAFooty lie if it has the slightest modicum of truth. It is bye round though so it's not like he committed a felony. Just interesting how fast news spreads when a coach doesn't show for a session he has told the players to be at.
by thegrowler
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:Meanwhile- Finch to 50 off 47, Australia currently 1/92 from 16.4

Thanks for actually talking cricket FFS

Can't watch the game as I have a family do so appreciate all updates
by thegrowler
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:How are your palms this morning? ;)

Pregnant
by thegrowler
Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got home from the movies and thought I'd watch some of the cricket before going to bed and there's a f**king rain delay.

England 3/35 from 6 overs chasing 277. Travis Head 71 not out (64)

This is when I stopped checking the app and slipped between the sheets for some sexy time 8)

Clearly my form nor Australia's form was up to standard after the moisture arrived :oops:
by thegrowler
Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg/West merger?

Seriously, seriously....you are giving oxygen to rumours created by these two oxygen thieves

Is Clarko still going to coach the Crows this year you pair of f...n muppets :roll:

Absolute BS and spin designed to suck people in and have their show talked about
by thegrowler
Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:My favourite part was use of the term 'flogville'

Mine was clip board and polo type operator :lol:
by thegrowler
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dear Footy Mang,

I hope you have paid the registration fee because you just owned Morrell.

#Footymangbang

I don't really get time on weekdays for the forums but I'm tipping it will be busy on here tomorrow :lol:
by thegrowler
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had the opportunity to go watch the Lockleys vs Pooraka game yesterday. Lockleys still missing a few with injuries and were still over Pooraka like a rash. Hopefully this is the year for Zed and the lads down at Rutland Ave.

Beer pong was the real winner. I reckon their club must have just about sold out the fridges last night.
by thegrowler
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

Adelaide. Their fans even go on forums trying to get some sort of affirmation that other supporter groups are preferred targets to them.
Here endeth the lesson. No sign of the originator of this topic for some time now. Could it be too much sh&t was hung on him?

Or perhaps I have a life, family, play and coach and come on here once a week when I'm bored and the footy is on.

I'm not your still posting at 2am with half witted troll posts type operator.

Each to their own though.
by thegrowler
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Surely if Aloisi comes back into the Ammos he needs to test himself at higher than divvy 6 or is he not capable???

I guess if Brahma is cashed up it might be a good fit.

Would be good to see how he travels against a higher quality of opposition.
Surely if Michael McMahon and Kym Edwards wanted to play in SAAFL they would test themselves at higher than divvy 5 or are they not capable?

Yes they will.... next year in Div 4 ;) (please note that like Zartan the pi$$takings on SA footy of the Growler do not reflect the thoughts and feelings of the entire club) Its just that these forums are all about "love ins" these days.

I got a text message that Tim has done an ACL. Sorry to hear that. Hope he recovers well.
by thegrowler
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Andrew Jarman's latest is that Dusty Martin is at the Crows next year. I just brushed this off as another one of the morons calls, Clarkson will coach the Crows etc etc

The thing I found hilarious was this morning was Mark Ricciuto saying that Andrew Jarman is righty 95% of the time =)) =)) =))

Any chance of KG jumping on this and it being there Saturday morning talk back topic. :roll:

Nothing is a safer bet in the world right now than Jarmans info is completely fabricated BS!
by thegrowler
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10

Mate, you realize one of your clubs is playing Westies this weekend and North soon .. STFU!!!

I,ll be there on Sunday JK and if they knock us off I will gladly take the medicine. We will win by 10 goals mate. Don't fear failure my friend.

Be strong, passionaite and committed. Fortis in Procella. MONSFAW. All that good stuff.
by thegrowler
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

I actually read back over this topic and the winner of the Kaiser Solze award goes to Pooraka.
Retained their team and nearly made finals in Div 4, 12 new players and not a single whisper in 8 pages.
Seems like a few posters may have been gagged.
It might be all about Bulls and Rams on GF day in about 9 months time

#Absolutebathybangbang

Whatever happened to this guy. Clearly knew his stuff.

#Absoluteprophet
by thegrowler
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

BZB27 wrote:
thegrowler wrote:Massive In for the Rammers to be named in the coming weeks.

Michael Wundke??

I see what you did there :)
by thegrowler
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

The Bedge wrote:Suppose I better start forging my D5 ass groove.
the bedge groove.jpg

How were you able to change your name?

Is it because the Mods love you?
by thegrowler
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Not sure if its been mentioned but former PAFC hard nut Wayne Mahney to coach Rosewater next year. Great appointment!

Heard the story that he sat his team down the week of the GF many moons ago and he said " There are two truly great things that can happen in life. Premierships as they last forever and copping a stray root from a dirty hot chick"
by thegrowler
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lokan sacked

Glenelg/West merger....Lokan sacked.....Some of you trolls need to get a life. What a load of utter crap. Keyboard cowboys spewing bile about a bloke if not straight making sh@t up

I might as well start a thread I rooted your Mum because that's about the level this thread is at.

So he was sacked months ago? I'm having lunch with him at GFC this week, seems odd that he would choose that location.
by thegrowler
Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

I reckon Knowles will head back to be a line coach at the Bays.

He hasn't got the job at CB I'm told, not even sure he has applied. With a baby to go with his job, media career and stunt doubling for Dr Evil he probably doesn't have time for the top flight that is div 7
by thegrowler
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

C'mon mate. You seem to have an axe to grind with your old Premiership coach.

Every single club has a player or two that doesn't like the coach or want him there. I'm sure you have been at a club where you didn't like a coach but it doesn't amount to much.

He took the club to div 1 and won a little silverware along the journey just like he did at Gaza. Has every entitlement to move onto a new challenge or take some time off if he chooses. Whether he ends up at Pembroke, Blacks, back at Westies or has time off he has and will give honest service. He is not a coach that feels the need to piss in players pockets and try and be everyone's best buddy. He is however a coach who gets results.
by thegrowler
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

I heard they have nearly cracked double figures at one of their trainings. :lol:
by thegrowler
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |