Search found 34 matches

Return

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

3 wins no losses so I'm not complaining because we lost. Gripes are with umpires turning up asking the coaches to teach them the rules (U8s). Thats not on im my mind especially since we said one of the conditions of moving over was an increased standard of umpiring. So far we are not getting it.

Are you serious, if you are I am so embarrassed for you
- your giving us your win loss ratio in under 8s
- your last post labelled the umpires deplorable, in under 8s. Under 8s...are you serious
- you have issue with the young umpires seeking out some advice prior to the game from those that should be mentoring

I hope you win the Premiership and they appoint Ray Chamberlin to your games :roll:

Seriously buddy, in week two of the season you are going to probably have a teenage kid doing his second game ever and under 8s is the perfect environment for everyone involved to develop. Take a deep breath and try and have a little understanding and analytical ability and everyone will benefit in your junior football environment.

Thanks Growler. You've missed my point completely but that's ok.

The win loss ratio was to put into context that I'm not griping for losing. Yep, we don't keep score, correct. But all the kids know whether we win or lose. The previous poster mentioned that they had lost but not had any reason to complain about the umpiring.

I'm thinking of the kids. The first quarter break is the coach explaining how the umpire is umpiring the game and how we (the kids) have to adapt. How hard do you reckon it is learning the game when the rules change every week?

The best umpire we've had, was a kid - 16 or 17 maybe. He umpired the game as per the rule book. That's all we and everyone else is asking from the SANFL. When you have a rule book that says "no stripping of the ball" and "no smothering" and yet it's allowed, what would you suggest we do? Even the kids get frustrated with it.

The umpire in question was at least 70 and had goal umpired 450 games of senior Ammo footy.

Other coaches (not from my club) have had meetings at 1/2 and 3/4 time, then approached the umpires about the way the game is being umpired.

BTW, I'm on the junior committee, so saying I have little understanding is completely off target.

If you and so many others there know the rule book, maybe they could put there hand up to umpire?
This is Under 8s isn't it?
by Milly
Wed May 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gripes are with umpires turning up asking the coaches to teach them the rules (U8s).
To be fair, the rules vary quite a bit between U8s and U9s (Zones, tackling, pressure, standing the mark, bounces etc).

Wouldn't you rather an umpire clarify rules so everyone is happy, rather than umpire how he thinks and potentially cause a shit storm?
by The Bedge
Wed May 10, 2017 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is half the problem, coaches at that level get too caught up in winning or losing that they start blaming the umpire. It's meant to be participation only, no scores kept.
Who comes on here and starts bragging about a win-loss record at U/8 level?? :shock:
by Look Good In Leather
Wed May 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 5

thegrowler wrote:
another grub wrote:Can the bays get with in 34.5?

That's a safer bet than Josh Jenkins v the dopey Mitchell Park bloke
I'll have you know I am deadly in the low block and have a mean crossover. 8)
by morell
Fri May 12, 2017 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2017

Look at these Hawkers getting all defensive.

You blokes have gone from batting like Gilchrist to holding up an and like Renshaw. :lol:
by Booney
Wed May 17, 2017 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Awesome stuff! Great day at Kenilworth yesterday and the A Grade was a good game with Lockleys holding us off and kicking away a little in the end. With a lot coming back over the next few weeks from injury I can see all our grades improving fingers crossed

Loved the after match huddle with Big Mick handing out the man love and male emotion a plenty.

Would have loved to see Schultzy in there shedding a tear......or cracking a smile :D

hahaha good luck with that!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8

NO OFFAL IN THE SANFUL! (IT'S AN ACRONYM NOT A WORD.) :-Q

There's a 400 page thread dedicated to this. Can we please keep this in there so we can have conversations about the games. I get it, it's been 4 years and you will still be bitter in 40 years. I'm still filthy Scott and Chalene left Ramsay street but I don't throw the toys out the cot every time Neighbours comes on.

OK gotta go I'm off to catch my flight on the Queensland and Northern Territory Airline Service.....What's that you say?
Q.A.N.T.A.S.....Still don't know whatim talking about
Qantas

Yes names, logos and identities evolve over time.

It started in 1990 when a SA team entered the AFL and change has occurred.

Personally I have no issue with people wanting the AFL Reserves out but we finally have a few threads that don't get hijacked by the anti establishments. It would be great if that could continue and posts like yours above could not infect football or game related threads.

GREAT POST, I to still cry of Charlene and Scott plus Bobby dying in Home and Away
by locky801
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8

There's a 400 page thread dedicated to this. Can we please keep this in there so we can have conversations about the games. I get it, it's been 4 years and you will still be bitter in 40 years. I'm still filthy Scott and Chalene left Ramsay street but I don't throw the toys out the cot every time Neighbours comes on.

OK gotta go I'm off to catch my flight on the Queensland and Northern Territory Airline Service.....What's that you say?
Q.A.N.T.A.S.....Still don't know whatim talking about
Qantas

Yes names, logos and identities evolve over time.

It started in 1990 when a SA team entered the AFL and change has occurred.

Personally I have no issue with people wanting the AFL Reserves out but we finally have a few threads that don't get hijacked by the anti establishments. It would be great if that could continue and posts like yours above could not infect football or game related threads.

The best post in the SANFL forum in years
by gossipgirl
Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Thank you carey you legend!

Mate things are far bigger than the game of footy we all love to play. No one likes to see or hear of anything like this at all especially when it effects a blokes livelihood. I've never meet the bloke before, but if me giving a little helps a bloke out who's livelihood has been compromised over having a kick with his mates on a Saturday I'm only happy to help.

Please pass on my regards mate I wish him a speedy recovery.
by carey
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amazing really! Huge thanks to Brentan McEwan, Luke Hosie and Shane Hickey as well.

Thanks so much people.
by morell
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OB!! You absolute star. That's incredibly generous mate, thank you!!

Because of the Para Hills FC's amazing generosity I'll be putting a moratorium on all thing negative about Para Hills being in this division.

I bet you don't. ;) :lol:

Heard a good joke today. The funny jokes are always the true ones.....

What do you call A bloke that doesn't turn up to training twice in a row

Guilty as charged

The Para Hills Coach :lol: :oops:
by hill
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Champions Trophy

Sri Lanka with an epic run chase to defeat India. They reached the target of 332 with 8 balls to spare.

Kohli with a blistering 0 from 5 deliveries.

All 4 teams are on 1 win and 1 loss meaning the last round of matches are effectively knock-out quarter finals.

India vs Sth Africa

Pakistan v Sri lanka
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Champions Trophy

That's fantastic Go the Bangers! Huge partnership

Washout we are through, loss and we are on the way home
by Brodlach
Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

Im hoping this might bring them out...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
by mighty_tiger_79
Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9

Just a quick note that the Prospect RSL on Monday, the kitchen will be open. Chicken curry with rice for $5 and $2 Coffees. And I will be selling the lucky squares at half time of the league, all proceeds go to the Prospect RSL.
Cheap beer, cider, wine softdrink and Port of course. See you all there 8)
by o five
Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

Most forum users have left this shit behind a decade ago. This is total noob crap.

Regards,

REB

It was more a society question than a forum question.

Every second thread has it. It's literally in most threads.

Regards,

You're a self-righteous flog

LMAO. You've just been trolled. Here endeth the lesson. You've also answered your own question. When the media relentlessly pumps up the relentlessly mediocre, precious Adelaide fans get the hackles up every time when someone points out just how shit they are. The best supporter group to hang shit on is Adelaide every time. On this forum, we've all been bantering for a long time. It's almost impossible to get a bite here because we all know each other so well. You jumped right into the boat. Welcome to the forum dude. ;)

regards,

REB

Isn't trolling against site rules? Does REB cop a ban now? :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

thegrowler wrote: Say hi to Alan for me ;)

by Jimmy_041
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1. Angle Vale
2. Sacred Heart OC
3. Ingle Farm

Is now

1. Angle Vale
2. St Paul's OS
3. Sacred Heart OC
No fair!! I wanna be top 3! How can I go about earning back our spot?

I'm sure we will make another appearance Zarton. I want to hear more about why SPOS have jumped to second. do tell......... The Pulteney of Division 7. Except I can understand why Pulteney are cocky at a logical level. St Pauls? Notsomuch. What exactly have they achieved to be so uppity?

The way some of their leadership, players and strangely, goal umpire, carried on after their immensely impressive regular season win over a depleted and struggling Mitchell Park in Division 7 on Saturday was... odd. Not so subtle amounts of self absorption going on.

Ah well, winners are grinners, still some good fellas out there, but I am strong #TeamDavidGillman

Long time observer of the div 7 forum, and I will admit it has been hard in the past to swallow some of the crap that is posted about our club and some of our individuals in the past, but having read what has previously been written about other clubs by certain individuals you learn to put up with it. This did strike me as quite an odd review from you morell having witnessed the same game you played in. However, another thing I have quickly learned from reading these forums, and this is something I think we can all agree on, and that is people tend to hold a biased view towards their own club (myself included). I don’t tend to enjoy reading anyone post generalised comments stereotyping another person’s club, and like you have done morell, attempt to bring the reputation of that club into disrepute. I think every member of any club would agree that at some point one of their own members has done something ‘stupid’. One thing I have noticed from your previous comments is you seem to be very self-centred, and you forget that all the greats that you have a Mitchell Park, and all the hard working servants of your club, that you would (deservedly) hold in the highest regard, we also have at SPOS (in our own members’ opinions). As do every other club on this earth. So when you constantly have a go at these people that are essentially driving the same ship with the same purpose that the great people at MP are trying to do, it really pisses me off.

Do you not think that MP has done any bad before? Do you think it’s ok that when (yes when… it does happen) they deserve to be battered on a public forum by the similar squabble to your own?

Rather than I regurgitate the same crap that you seem to do and preach everything SPOSFC, and how the sun shines out of our arse, I’ll provide our few readers with some of the facts from the game on Saturday. As it’s not fair to those mentioned above that you disregard their positions.

Saturday’s game:
Mitchell Park:
Yellow cards received (one for head butting and one for rough conduct) 2.
50 metre penalties against (separate incidents to the yellow cards) 2.
Down field free kicks against 1.

SPOS:
Yellow cards received 0.
50 metre penalties against (separate occasions to the yellow cards) 0.
Down field free kicks against 0.

In a tightly fought contest, this hardly suggests poor on -field leadership to me.

I would like to state that I along with the others at SPOSFC have loved our previous encounters with MP, and will continue to look forward to them (I think we sit at 3-3 in our short 3-year history). To quote one of our ‘inexperienced leaders’ after our round 1 drubbing at the hands of yours truly “those MP blokes are alright you know, love the rough stuff on the field, heaps of banter, but genuine blokes who love a beer and a chat after the game, that’s good footy”. This is something we like to think about ourselves. I witnessed both games this year from the same position (the sidelines) and on Saturday just gone it was very similar to the one played in round 1; except you dominated us in that game and we just got over the line in this one. It was physical, tough and for the most part played in great spirits. And from what I saw the same respect after the game on Saturday was given as we did in round 1… beers and smiles once the players left the change rooms. Am I assuming you weren’t apart of that?

I can’t just stop there without taking one last offence to another one of your comments “If you get a reputation of being a bunch of wangs, perception or otherwise, then it will affect sponsorship. It will affect recruitment. It will affect how you operate.”

For the record:
2017 players cleared to go to another club:

Mitchell Park – 29
SPOSFC – 6

Please stop taking petty jibes at our club, and like us, worry about your own backyard. If a club does something to you that you don’t like.. cop it on the chin and wait until the next time you face them.. don’t turn into a whiney bitch.

“#TeamDavidGillman” if you know the facts, which I’m sure you do as you’re an Adelaide Footy League know-it-all, probably not the best thing to be advocating for.

As I’m well aware you can’t stand not having the last word, so please feel free to contact us at sposfc@hotmail.com to save everyone else from your distorted opinions. One of our officials would love to have a beer with you, or perhaps a soy latte, to chew the fat off some of the issues you see facing our club.

Thanks to the guys from MP that returned favour and hung around for a beer and a laugh. As morell has previously pointed out we don’t have much in terms of facilities at SPOSFC so we appreciate every dollar at our bar / BBQ. We (our leadership group and officials) will always stay for a drink at an opposing venue if welcomed. Special mention to Knowlsey from our officials for also sticking around – good bloke.

On a footnote – I always gathered you as an ‘older-retired-from-playing-stands-on-the-sidelines-with-a-clipboard-and-club-polo’ type of fella, but to learn that you were the #13 acting like a complete fool (sook) well after the siren, reminding all our players and officials of the 2015 elimination loss at the hands MP just speaks volumes to the type of person you are. Happy to complain about everyone else, but forget you’re straight from flogville yourself. I alluded to the fact before, but I have great respect for the people involved at MP, your players and officials. If you do your homework, I’m sure you’ll hear that our officials were over the moon and shared this with your officials when you won the GF in 2015, as yours was a great story. Unfortunately, you as an individual, we have no time for. #communityfootball
by Footymang
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Black listed companies

Hop Sing's
by Hefty
Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
Who do you reckon Growler is..... I think we're all thinking the same :roll:

At a rough guess: An operator.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CCC Romans wrote:Impressive recruiting by the Rams, but 100+ point losses in C6 to almost every team with higher or lower senior teams suggests there's not much going on development-wise no matter how much they posture.

I wouldn't use my C Grade to develop young players, more likely to deter them from the game.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Impressive recruiting by the Rams, but 100+ point losses in C6 to almost every team with higher or lower senior teams suggests there's not much going on development-wise no matter how much they posture.
I wouldn't use my C Grade to develop young players, more likely to deter them from the game.

A quick perusal of the SANFL juniors ladders would suggest the Rams are doing plenty development-wise too.

Presumably they'd be looking to field an U18 team in the next year or two
by jo172
Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

Richmond tough??? :shock: they are the most mentally weak side in the comp! You don't cough up the leads they have continuously and be classed as tough, it makes Richmond the exact opposite, mentally weak.

Yes Richmond may win no doubt, but it won't be because Richmond are tough that's for sure.

Port 24-36
by carey
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Impressive recruiting by the Rams, but 100+ point losses in C6 to almost every team with higher or lower senior teams suggests there's not much going on development-wise no matter how much they posture.

A quick perusal of the SANFL juniors ladders would suggest the Rams are doing plenty development-wise too.

Presumably they'd be looking to field an U18 team in the next year or two

Yes I assume you are one these intelligent check your facts and support your statements with said facts type operators. ;)

I had mentioned it on here previously that Simon and his crew have done great things building a junior program and anyone who even had a remote inclination to have a little Bruce Duperouzel would see the big strides made.

The notion that our team of little Aussie battlers in C grade copping a hiding somehow parlays to a lack of development is absurd and the idea that you must develop your kids through a C grade is an antiquated notion.

I think you would have all juniors except 18s at the moment Growler which is good for the club.

It is good to see the Rams have a C grade side, does help when the juniors come to seniors anx you play them in the As kr Bs and lush the older players to Cs who still want a kick.

Hope you do get 18s up next year.
by Bluedemon
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

thegrowler wrote:

It's a tradition that shouldn't die as it's part of the whole Grassroots footy experience. Maybe i am the exception but I love having a look at opposition clubs, honour boards, memorable labia and the like

That's some real in-depth work in the opposition rooms there. ^
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Pure Ladder

thegrowler wrote:
Dutchy wrote:You choose to "go with the flow" others don't.

Fair enough.
I'll check back in 5 years time ;)

Don't bother growler, your reality will be the same, their fantasy ladder will be just as irrelevant.
by Booney
Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

A real sneans type operator
by Q.
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

Lol, Dangerfield spoils his own player then lies on the ground leaving his teammates outnumbered
by Q.
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lokan sacked

never read so much bollocks in all my life
by stampy
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Coaching Appointments for 2018

Simon Maddern announced Friday night as the new coach of port district fc
Is it unusual for a coach who has never coached before to be named as head coach of a D1 club?

Pretty sure Backwell had only ever been an assistant before coaching Princes to a flag in his first year on the job. Don't think Mitch Sandrey had coached before taking over TTG either

Incorrect. Mouse was the Reserves Coach at the Bay and took them from memory to a prelim.

Sandery transitioned from Player to Player Coach.

In other news, not sure if its been reported or advertised but OSB-Lonsdale are on the lookout for a new coach after parting ways with Rosco Brokendick[ /quote]

He just wan't up for it anymore
by old farmer
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Domestic Season 2017/18

So I have 50 regular TV channels, 100 plus on Fox, I pay for the sports channels, there is no footy or any decent sport to watch. The Redbacks are in a final and it's not f@cking on TV FFS!

I would be completely devestated but thankfully I have been informed that the Women's 20/20 is telecast all summer and Shazza from me local dry cleaners has got the call up

Lift your game CA. It would be novel if my $400 membership included more than a 3 day pink ball test and 1-2 20/20s that I can attend. I really don't understand what was wrong with mixing Shield and One dayers

Yep, play the SS match Tuesday til Friday, the ODD on the Sunday, on a tense game the public can head down to the oval on Friday afternoon to catch the last session.

Alternatively, Friday through to Monday, ODD Wednesday evening, local junior clubs could go down instead of training some weeks.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Domestic Season 2017/18

So I have 50 regular TV channels, 100 plus on Fox, I pay for the sports channels, there is no footy or any decent sport to watch. The Redbacks are in a final and it's not f@cking on TV FFS!

I would be completely devestated but thankfully I have been informed that the Women's 20/20 is telecast all summer and Shazza from me local dry cleaners has got the call up

Lift your game CA. It would be novel if my $400 membership included more than a 3 day pink ball test and 1-2 20/20s that I can attend. I really don't understand what was wrong with mixing Shield and One dayers

^
This
by am Bays
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Coaching Appointments for 2018

Try Matty Jones at Houghton.

I reckon Michael Doughty is an assistant and maybe footy director or something.

Rogers will be coaching by round 3. Probably should have taken over when Klaebs left. He basically pulls all the strings there. If MJ doesn't get wins on the board early then AR will enforce his physical authority and step in as coach.

Rumour has that Rogers beat the shit out of Klaebes with a goal post pad before giving him the sack.
by Q.
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Footy Chick wrote:That's funny because Grainge would have my number and would no doubt contact me himself if he had a problem.

Post the text message then

Why so aggressive?
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |