Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

yep Berri a very young side with 1 x 14 year old, 2 x 15 & 3 x 18

Perhaps they should've promoted juniors 4 or 5 years ago instead of throwing cash around chasing a quick fix?
I think you'll find Berri have promoted juniors for quite some time cobber. Unfortunately, a lot move to Adelaide or pursue other interests so it's hard to hold onto them.

Changing the subject, a little birdy told me last night that Sam Fisher and Steven Milne could be pulling on the guernsey's for the Fisher Cup. That would attract a fair old crowd. Would be a great experience for Barmera's kids playing with them and Berri's young lads too, playing against such quality opposition. Definitely would benefit both teams in their own different ways I reckon.

Agree, happens at all RFL clubs. Retaining juniors is near on impossible. Its funny hearing Adelaide clubs whinge how unfair it is country clubs getting bigger salary caps & country clubs steal their gun seniors...... Mean while those city clubs have signed on 4-5 U/18 players from country clubs who have moved down for uni or work at the same time.....

Would love to see Fisher & Milne out there but Fish just had a op on his bicep from a wakeboard incident so not sure how the recovery would go there.....
by SuperFrank
Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Seems the buble has burst already down in the RFL at Berri....... The coach has walked by the looks & maybe the recruits traveling from Adelaide Plains could be returning!!!

Here is one already coming through......

Berri Adelaide Plains Football League Felstead, Cameron Pending 2017-05-01

There were only two :?

There was 3, but saying that I did think there was 4-5 but a couple come form the Mallee so I stand corrected. My bad

Cam Felstead
Ashley Parsons
Brad Torkington
by SuperFrank
Tue May 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any early predictions for 2019 season??

Waikerie
Renmark
Barmera Monash
Berri
North
Loxton

Premiers: Waikerie
Leading Goals: Daniel Nobes
Whillas: Levi Proude

Will be a big difference between the top half & the bottom half I think but still early days...... Berri to break into the 4 just.
by SuperFrank
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If your hungry for some action, there is 2 trial games & the 9-a-side comp on tomorrow around the region.

Independants 9-A-Side @ Lyrup
BMFC v Red Cliff
Renmark v Tanunda

Should be a great day for it!!
by SuperFrank
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

Yeah 12 country leagues going ahead 12 abandoned and one undecided. Expect a crazy amount of player movement in next 2 weeks from blokes of abandoned leagues just keen to have a kick.

Does anyone know if there is any talk of extending june 30 clearance deadline and also any adjustments to the player points allocations for clubs? There will be plenty of 3 point players looking to transfer

The vibe I am getting is there will be no adjustments to player points, as its unfair on the locals who should be playing A grade to get pushed out for blokes who possibly might only play 10 games. Probably a good call!!

Also I would say it will get extended for a month but community footy will surely release something shortly on it all. It's bloody messy out there haha
by SuperFrank
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |