Search found 46 matches

Return

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

DARK KNIGHT wrote:both Grose lads have a clearance into Brahma Lodge

You are correct! I hadn't checked the clearances for a few days and had missed that.

Also Matty Min with a clearance to the SANFL pending?

Brodie Fridd will be a handy inclusion back for the Roos
by bertiebeatle
Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:This could be the biggest load of wank in the history of this site and we'll have Bumcrack to thank for it.

You may be correct
by Bum Crack
Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's everyone's thoughts on the front page spread in the pioneer about Berri? Surely u honour the Anzacs on your front page especially on anzac day. Disgraceful shit by the Pioneer and piss poor comments by the RFL Chairman too.
by Bum Crack
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's everyone's thoughts on the front page spread in the pioneer about Berri? Surely u honour the Anzacs on your front page especially on anzac day. Disgraceful shit by the Pioneer and piss poor comments by the RFL Chairman too.

Yep, haven't seen that kind of coverage about Renmark over the years when they have been shit. It's been all about how good they will be in the next 2-3 years with all their gun kids yet year after year they have been very poor. When is the last time Renmark made finals? It isn't 09 when they won the flag is it?
by bertiebeatle
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Ex Christies Beach FF Dan Nobes has kicked 18 in his first 2 games for Waikerie. Kicked 7 against Barmera-Monash who are one of the contenders, which he sprayed a few so should of kicked 10..........

Was anyone in the SFL able to stop him? Bit of gumby bloke who isn't real quick, but his size & hands are pretty solid!!! Interested to see who can stop him down in the riverland, not many clubs play with a tall full back haha. Will kick a 100+ easy by the looks

Doesn't get a kick when Peachy stands him .
by shoe boy
Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ex Christies Beach FF Dan Nobes has kicked 18 in his first 2 games for Waikerie. Kicked 7 against Barmera-Monash who are one of the contenders, which he sprayed a few so should of kicked 10..........

Was anyone in the SFL able to stop him? Bit of gumby bloke who isn't real quick, but his size & hands are pretty solid!!! Interested to see who can stop him down in the riverland, not many clubs play with a tall full back haha. Will kick a 100+ easy by the looks

Doesn't get a kick when Peachy stands him .

A couple of shall we say "ear massages" early and he tends to have a quite day.
Set up some of your supporters known for their "quality banter"within earshot of the big fella too ;)
by oneuponedown
Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Classy response in the letter's to the editor by the BFC Committee. Well written.

Was hoping Bum Crack may have come up with a letter to the editor or perhaps they chose not to publish it?
I prepared a letter and decided last minute not to send it. It wasn't very complimentary towards the Pioneer nor the Chairman of the RFL and it was probably the right decision in the end not to send it. I'm sure there are people from the Pioneer and the RFL who get on this thread so they'll know I was pretty pissed off about it.
by Bum Crack
Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whisper going around that Berri coach Lefty has pulled the pin !!!!!

I see Felstead has got a clearance back to the APFL

Lefty has from what i have been told. Apparantley didn't rock up to the game on Saturday either

Also see Lefty's young lad Tom has put in a transfer to Lyrup aswell......

I think it was a planned absence - cooking yiros's is the number 1 priority!
by interestedobserver
Tue May 02, 2017 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing a few more IN's could be on the way for Berri before the cut off, possibly just in time for the Fisher cup.

BC you hearing much down your way?

Anthony Karner being named as one of them so not sure of the quality. But end of the day, all about trying to have some depth & getting good numbers out on Saturday in the B's & A's.
Na I haven't heard much at all. The more the merrier though.
by Bum Crack
Fri May 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing a few more IN's could be on the way for Berri before the cut off, possibly just in time for the Fisher cup.

BC you hearing much down your way?

Anthony Karner being named as one of them so not sure of the quality. But end of the day, all about trying to have some depth & getting good numbers out on Saturday in the B's & A's.

Spoke to a few people from the club yesterday and it's amazing what a week can do!

Looks like they are back on track. They have written this year off and already concentrating on next year trying to get as many locals back as possible.

All of this could have been avoided if the committee had the balls to move Lefty on last year. But that's what happens when half the committee are family and friends. Coincidentally, those supporters of his are gone now as well.

They have one person left to move on now, but that will only be done if they have a new person come into the club
by bertiebeatle
Fri May 05, 2017 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

maybe its a mutual decission, not much use to pay big bucks for someone with the year Berri are likely to have.
might as well save up the cash for next years revival
by DARK KNIGHT
Wed May 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2015 Ladder, Loxton & Berri top 3.

1 Loxton North A Grade 2015 16 11 5
2 Berri A Grade 2015 16 10 6
3 Loxton A Grade 2015 16 9 7
4 Waikerie A Grade 2016 16 9 7
5 Barmera Monash A Grade 2015 16
6 Renmark A Grade 2015 16 3 13

Aware the other clubs have finished well on the ladder come end of season. Neither won a final that year.

I was just pointing out the fact 3 clubs in a 6 team comp haven't won a final in a long time as an interesting stat.
by David Brent
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tips for the Big one today, Waikerie to win easily, will the sheep(supporters) in the shed have anything intelligent to say, will Robbo send a text to the pioneer whineing about the Maggies paying players because we all know that the Panthers don't pay anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Basher McCracken
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe a few of these clubs need to recruit a little wiser or put there efforts into developing their juniors for the future instead of looking for the quick fix.
You make your bed you lie in it!
by suddenimpact
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe a few of these clubs need to recruit a little wiser or put there efforts into developing their juniors for the future instead of looking for the quick fix.
You make your bed you lie in it!

Couldn't agree more!!!

But as an entire league, we are falling a fair way behind other leagues like Hills, Southern & RMFL. Interleague/State Champ representation is sliding drastically & with the regions current financial situation plus the travel side of things...... Making it hard for all RFL clubs to stay as a top end SA Country League.

Or am I pretty far off here?

Although I only catch a couple of games a year when I'm up visiting friends in the Riverland, I've noticed a gradual decline in the standard of the RFL in the last five years. A huge part of this has to be economically related. The high percentage of young males moving to the city and showing little or no desire to return is a concern. I seriously can't comprehend how your independents stay afloat, would be a tough job getting a team together with the small population pool.

Hats off to any country club who can get their juniors back from the city (even if it's just for the game on a Saturday).
by norwood8
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Agreed it was a tough shot on goal, but not sure too many people would be feeling bad for Hankin...
Anyone who thinks hahndorf HADN'T been running their mouths all year, clearly has never spoken with their captain, who I may add also missed a couple of shots in the last quarter. Happy days

Again I disagree. Confindence and trust in your own ability, which elite players like their captain deserve to have, can easily be mistaken for "running your mouth". I also agree the blackwood supporters were in every right to do what they could to put off the shot but when security circle the entire ground all game removing players from in front of the fence then allowing what happened was a disgrace. And I wil stand by that their supporters are shit humans. When I physically saw a grown Blackwood supporter (who may also be an official of the club) push the player over while his head was hanging in tears as he ran passed is again the epitome of that Football club. Again well done to Blackwood, but their club reputation supported by its consistent actions over the years have and always will override the success they will ever have. Well done to the premiers of 2017, soak it in because I don't see it lasting long with that club culture.
by UncleTony
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair dinkum...an official or supporter pushed a player?? Don't care who you are or what club you are from, that sort of crap is not on. I would strongly suggest a formal report be made to the HFL (for what it's worth). Wasn't at the game, as I watched another GF, but full credit to the Wood's and to Sleev's, who I've said before is a ripping coach and bloke. Hahndorf were the best team all year, but bad kicking is bad football and there are no excuses.
It will be interesting to see what their list will look like in 2018. The Wood's will definitely be around the mark again.
by kikittome
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are we expecting any coaching changes for 2018?

North & Renmark the only clubs to maybe make a change? Hearing a few little whispers Scott Lewis may have put his hand up to player coach North for 2018 but tuff to see Rambo getting moved on after making a GF.

Waikerie, Barmera-Monash, Berri & Loxton all locked in with their Senior coaches at this stage.

Not sure Rambo is safe at North the faithful wouldn't be happy plus Barmera moved him on after a GF loss in 2015
by DARK KNIGHT
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope Dave Hankin has his cheque ready to replace the door in the Lobethal changerooms that he decided to put his fist through!!

Agree that it is completely disgusting that a supporter/offical pushed a player over in the post match celebrations, he is lucky he didn't wear a Hankin punch to the face for that type of pathetic behaviour!!
Goodluck to Blackwood, they will continue to be one of the most hated clubs in the Hills with those types of actions!
by chopper7
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Australian football leagues, who rates best?

Dogwatcher wrote:I always felt Riverland footy was Div 3 to high Div 4 standard.
Independent footy is about C3 these days, I suspect.

Seen a couple of Indy's games over the last 2 years and I honestly didn't think there could be a worse standard of league in the state.
by Jim05
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing the name Richard O'Grady as one of the strong candidates for HV job potentially in a playing coach capacity

Quality player, won a Whillas Medal in 2016 (Riverland Mail Medal), great leader & spent time in the SANFL system. Think he was expecting the PHOS coaching job & it didn't go to plan....... Would take him at my club as a player/coach!!!

A playing Coach in SFL A GRADE would of been awhile since that's happened? Did Byron Murphy from Morphy park do it??
He had Porter on the side line from memory.

Not sure it would work TBH, you would be pretty reliant on the Assistant/s on the sidelines , and the runner during games would get an absolute flogging, especially if the coach is at one end of the ground.
by oneuponedown
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Australian football leagues, who rates best?

Dogwatcher wrote:I always felt Riverland footy was Div 3 to high Div 4 standard.
Independent footy is about C3 these days, I suspect.

Yet Waikerie would match it with any of the top teams in country footy IMO
by Bum Crack
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SuperFrank wrote:All RFL coaches are locked in with no changes from last season.

Couple changes in the independent's so far:
Lyrup - Anthony Lippis
Paringa - Tom Wood

Will there be any more changes in independent's?

Yep
by Bum Crack
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

F*** me, you'd think that after 7000 posts, you'd have learned to quote by now :lol:
by Footy Chick
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

That's why our whole footy set up is F******!!

SANFL clubs can't pay close to that, mediocre amateur players get payed more than a SANFL player to go country, less training, less commitment etc.

Salary caps should be brought in and enforced where the ammo/country clubs have restrictions more severe than state league

Jim, if he's showing the same commitment to Wallaroo as a AFL player then perhaps he'd be worth it, otherwise no bloody chance

Or better yet, why dont the AFL fund the state comps so they have a decent salary cap level, it should be at least double what it is now to allow the SANFL to pay more.[/quote]

SANFL Clubs need to be allowed to pay more. You start restricting country footy/saafl & you start losing more talent to vic leagues where the teams on the bottom end of the ladder can spend well over $100k & that's not even breaking rules. Not only are SANFL players heading to Vic but also local footy talent & it then creates this cycle of saafl/country/sanfl battling off to cover the gaps left from top end players heading over the border.

Coming down on saafl/country footy won't help the sanfl a great deal, will only hurt local footy. We can't do anything about what goes on over the border, sanfl club just need to be allowed to spend more.

I could be way off with this but that just my opinion haha[/quote]

Do you really think the SANFL clubs could afford a bigger salary cap? Half the clubs can't even afford what they pay at the moment, let alone if it were raised another $50k-$100k/year.[/quote]

I,m well aware the SANFL clubs cant afford to pay more. I said the AFL needs to fund it. The salary cap needs to be doubled in the SANFL, dont pi55 around with 50 or 100k.
It would be a worthwhile investment from the AFL to keep all the best players in state leagues. If they dont and the AFL maybe happy with this but there will be no state leagues. just an under u18 comp in each state, where do late bloomers then develop?
by daysofourlives
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Trader wrote:
Grenville wrote:
cracka wrote:Jessie Obrien & Luke Mitchell to SPOC apparently. Bugger we needed to keep them.

For $1000 and $800 per game respectively apparently.

Geez they are fast running out of room in the cap given Calabrese is also on $750

I thought 400 was the limit ;)
by daysofourlives
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Barmera Monash must be keen for the season to get closer as they had 45 out last night.
by norm11
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A lot of sooking going on here about Waikerie. If they are winning flags using the least amount of points obviously they have a great club culture, tight playing group, have put the time into their juniors, kept locals onside and are riding the crest of the wave at the moment from their previous hard work.

As for salary cap slander i question how many clubs are actually playing by the rules...with 1 marquee player allowed at 1k per game and no other single player meant to get more than just 500. I would question any club with more than 1 big name recruit!

At the end of the day...Don't get bitter. Get better
by oldbomber
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

David Brent wrote:
SuperFrank wrote:Did I hear Geordie Franks kicked 8 snags against Karoonda on Saturday in Berri's trial???

Kicked or ate?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha
by Bum Crack
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SuperFrank wrote:Did I hear Geordie Franks kicked 8 snags against Karoonda on Saturday in Berri's trial???

Kicked or ate?
by David Brent
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with you, SuperFrank

Waikerie (premiers)
Renmark
Barmera Monash
Berri
North
Loxton

Leading Goalkicker: Daniel Nobes
by Benchwarmer
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few more rather interesting moves into the independents:

Tyson Linday to Lyrup
Luke Worsfold to Wunkar

Any word on the Pickles Arnold situation from last weekend?
Can't be a bad thing surely? Most overrated bloke to pull the boats on that I can remember. Hopefully they don't welcome him back when he gets sick of Lyrup and wants to come back in a few weeks time.
by Bum Crack
Thu May 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Given his output in front of goals, i'd say he's worth every cent he's being paid.
by The Bedge
Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure that is the case after today
by Outback
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Where's the money coming from with no gate or bar?
Feel like this is a constant round about.. going absolutely no where.. FAAAARRRKK!!!

I swear half you na-sayers don't actually READ A DAMN THING! Show me where it says ANYWHERE that competitions will commence without a gate for country comps or bar facilities...

Defeatists
Glass half empty operators
Pessimists
You don't have much to do with the admin side of running a club do you? Do gate takings all go to the club? Or does it go to the league? I'm talking country footy. Say for instance they allow 100 people into the ground. That's basically less than the 10 teams playing at the ground so that leaves bugger all spots for supporters, let along family. Clubs pay for all footballs, umpires etc. It's not just a matter of selling a few snags and tinnies at the ground unfortunately.
by Bum Crack
Tue May 12, 2020 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

scottroo wrote:And sorry to break it to you but contracted players should be prepared to play for nothing or at best a small percentage...

And they will probably not play or make themselves available to work on Saturdays.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue May 12, 2020 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have a bit of experience in administrating clubs.. so I have a bit of an idea.

Granted I don't know a lot about country footy, but I know enough to know there are multiple games as well as netball operating on a day - and I know people in better positions than me would be well aware of what requirements are needed for country leagues/clubs to go ahead, survive and what they rely on.

I think too many are looking at the now.. stop staring at your feet and look into the distance.. look to 7-8 weeks down the track, what does the situation look like.

Restrictions will continue to ease off over the next couple of months. If we continue to perform well on the CV side of things, we wont have the same level of restrictions in two weeks time, and two weeks after that.. by the time July rolls around it's hard not to see life as basically normal.

Measures in place today aren't the hard and fast rule forever.

Although, not sure why i'm entertaining chat about country footy when this thread relates to the AdFL. ;)
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And sorry to break it to you but contracted players should be prepared to play for nothing or at best a small percentage...
And they will probably not play or make themselves available to work on Saturdays.

Sorry to be the country footy flog but once again.... A league like the mallee would just about sink if they couldn't bring out players, they survive off recruiting just to fill an A grade side.

I could imagine, towns are getting smaller and whether we like it or not community footy is an industry to some degree.

A lot of these young fellas have been getting good coin for a couple of hours work on a Saturday arvo, their GF's/wives wont let them out for nothing
by Lightning McQueen
Tue May 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why is everyone stating a July start date
If season goes ahead and get voted in by clubs Mid June start IMO
by football tragic
Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs will be given the opportunity to sit out the year if they wish to and I'd say the majority will take up that offer.

If clubs choose to do this they will be signing their own death warrant.

For a lot of clubs, choosing to play will be signing their own death warrant. Specially for regional areas

I understand the complexity in regional areas, but if your club/league does not proceed with the season and a player wants to play footy they are going to leave your club and go elsewhere. Whats the chances of getting them back in 2021?

With a small extension into October there are still 5 months left in the season, with a very real possibility of further restrictions being relaxed in the next fortnight which will allow crowds, BBQ's, canteens and Bars to be open (under new protocols). With no AFL to attend it could be a boom for grassroots footy.
by Dutchy
Tue May 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

What is feel out in the country comps with the COVID-19 situation?

Things could change rapidly in the coming weeks but anyone see football going ahead? Would be questions marks on comps like KNTFL, Mallee & Western Borders than play clubs absed in Vic.

I believe Kaniva have already pulled out of KNTFL for the season due to the border restrictions.
by Dutchy
Tue May 12, 2020 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets just start cricket earlier
by Arry Gablett
Fri May 22, 2020 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing a fair few footballers will be choosing to work Saturdays rather than the play this season.

Whilst we know footballers shouldn't be reliant on 'football money' absolutely kidding ourselves if we dont think some live close to their means based on their football income, especially those earning upwards of $10k a season.
This will be a common theme across the league for 2020 IMO
by S Demon
Tue May 26, 2020 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know it has been spoken about but..... Expect clearances to be blocked unless a league folds.

Clubs aren't allowed to deny clearances because they aren't playing.. This is from the FAQ:

What happens to our contracted players if we don’t play in 2020?
A Player under contract cannot be refused a transfer on the basis that they are under contract if their Club does not participate in the 2020 season and is consequently unable to provide an opportunity to play.

Correct... I didn't give full detail sorry haha.

I meant for clubs who are still playing. Bloke's can't leave just because they aren't getting their full payments.
That's going to be a bitter pill to swallow having to approve clearances to players that have already been paid a non-refundable sign on fee for this year ;)
by Bum Crack
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope anyone who is calling for the season to be cancelled are only talking about Senior sides? Let the kids play!!

This could be a great leveller for the competition and see which club has built loyalty and not just used a major sponsor to win a flag.
Could be the most satisfying year to win a GF.
by football tragic
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Australia will soon allow a two-square-metre per person rule for venues, making it one of the most open states in the country
Trust the process. 8)

New Footy Season Format Options for 2020
Postby zedman » Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm

there will be bars, bbqs and canteens..trust the process..

word..
by zedman
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |