Search found 54 matches

Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

I''ll be surprised if we beat Adelaide, I expect to beat Collingwood and Gold Coast and with the Bulldogs game in Ballarat who knows.
Coll & GC are two games i thought Port would/should win.. but drop one of those and things could be very interesting!

Out of curiosity, what would Port fans consider a better outcome - finish 4th and play the Crows 1st final, or finish 5th/6th and host a home final?

Finish 4th, get a double chance and possibly go straight to a prelim or get a home semi final rather than a best case scenario of playing an away semi.

Bit of a no-brainer to any team in the comp
by bertiebeatle
Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

DARK KNIGHT wrote:both Grose lads have a clearance into Brahma Lodge

You are correct! I hadn't checked the clearances for a few days and had missed that.

Also Matty Min with a clearance to the SANFL pending?

Brodie Fridd will be a handy inclusion back for the Roos
by bertiebeatle
Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ex Crow & Blue Laurence Angwin an in for Renmark??

Surprised he didn't sign for Lyrup really after his illustrious off field career...

Still be A grade? Mid 30's these days? Renmark would have to be pushing the points for recruits now? Fair few ins that are apparently A grade standard..... If the recruits are as good as what I am hearing, Rovers could give North & Roo's a real challenge for 2nd spot

The Rovers are just about premiership favorites every year in the Pioneer
by bertiebeatle
Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's everyone's thoughts on the front page spread in the pioneer about Berri? Surely u honour the Anzacs on your front page especially on anzac day. Disgraceful shit by the Pioneer and piss poor comments by the RFL Chairman too.

Yep, haven't seen that kind of coverage about Renmark over the years when they have been shit. It's been all about how good they will be in the next 2-3 years with all their gun kids yet year after year they have been very poor. When is the last time Renmark made finals? It isn't 09 when they won the flag is it?
by bertiebeatle
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing a few more IN's could be on the way for Berri before the cut off, possibly just in time for the Fisher cup.

BC you hearing much down your way?

Anthony Karner being named as one of them so not sure of the quality. But end of the day, all about trying to have some depth & getting good numbers out on Saturday in the B's & A's.

Spoke to a few people from the club yesterday and it's amazing what a week can do!

Looks like they are back on track. They have written this year off and already concentrating on next year trying to get as many locals back as possible.

All of this could have been avoided if the committee had the balls to move Lefty on last year. But that's what happens when half the committee are family and friends. Coincidentally, those supporters of his are gone now as well.

They have one person left to move on now, but that will only be done if they have a new person come into the club
by bertiebeatle
Fri May 05, 2017 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So how many games have you watched of other teams Morrell?

My guess is not many, yet you are arguing that if only we watch paddy more that we would see how good he is.

Classic supporter bias. You are arguing he is more important to port than what other players are to their teams. Which may be true. But that doesn't automatically make him all Australian

Bit rich coming from you regarding supporter bias!
He once again proved on Sunday he is the best ruckman in the comp at the moment.
by bertiebeatle
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** me there is a lot of crap on here! I know footy and sport in general means a lot to us all but gee, this is taking it to the next level!
by bertiebeatle
Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

How early is to early to line up for a game of footy?

A mate sent me a snapchat at 11am with about half a dozen crows oldies sitting outside the ground waiting for the gates to open :lol: :lol:
by bertiebeatle
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing Monfries is going to be in the final 22!

Couldn't be any happier today if my mail is correct
by bertiebeatle
Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Eddie :lol:

Never stands up in big games

Can't believe not 1 Port player has whacked him in his side to test him out yet.

As much as I like Eddie as a person, it has dumbfounded me someone hasn't whacked him
by bertiebeatle
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

I can't believe Greene got a fine. How can you give a fine for that. It's either big weeks or nothing all together?!!

IMO he should have got nothing, but i just can't work out how they have decided that it is worthy of a fine. Like it is one way or another, not in between. Or have they just given him something for the sake of it to keep the Dogs happy?
by bertiebeatle
Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I give up even trying. This is worse than trying to have a convo with my mrs
by bertiebeatle
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 22

What a surprise Benny is the one whinging about one decision after getting the softest ride all night.
by bertiebeatle
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

I didn't study tonight's game as much as what I normally do, due to it being over early, but did I miss something re Jacobs performance. Mumford beat him in the middle comfortably. Yes Jacobs covered him around the ground, but I thought he got smashed in the middle, just that Mumford was useless with his ruck work and kept feeding it to the Crows midfield. Reminded me of Lobbe in 2015 against Geelong at AO. Happy to be proven wrong as I didn't watch the game comprehensively especially after half time
by bertiebeatle
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

Bang! Loving this game! This is electric even as a neutral
by bertiebeatle
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

I like to think I’m usually pretty socially progressive but transgender athletes in sport is something I haven’t formed a solid opinion on.

If it is something they had from birth then I think it’s fine (ie castor semenya) but athletes getting a sex change to compete is murkier imo.

The fact that she is physically bigger and would he dominant clearly comes into it too - if she was 5 ft tall I doubt it would be as big of a deal. But it should be the same “deal”

Hence I don’t know what my position is. Leaning towards they shouldn’t be allowed but It’s not something I’ve read up much about

Exactly the same possie as Benny. A lot of clarity needed on the subject and I'm not educated in this area to really form an opinion on
by bertiebeatle
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IMHO only, exceptional trade period for Port .. For what they've given up compared to what they're getting - 3 Bonafide proven players at their best, whilst discarding deadwood (harsh term, no disrespect intended to Trengove, Impey, Ah Chee and probably Lobbe and maybe Young). Whether these players deliver (as there's never any assurances with ANY player) only time will tell, but there's some bargains there I reckon. Still seem potentially vulnerable at the back I think, but they have some quality kids coming through, hopefully a fit and firing Hombsch who I rate will help out back there.

Their best 24 on paper suddenly starts to look pretty bloody good, so from there it all comes down to form and fitness as it does for every club.

I reckon Port have a good history of being bargain hunters in trade periods and don't appear to have any trouble getting people to want in.

Pretty good analysis JK. 3 great ins for the club. Automatically improve our best 22 by some margin and we are likely to lose 1 player from our elimination final side. Our depth may take a bit of a hit, but plenty of kids coming through to take care of that. From our side that played WC you have:

In - Watts, Rockliff, Motlop, Jonas
Out - Impey, Marshall, Bonner, Neade/Amon

Can also make a case for bringing Hombsch in as well and throwing Howard up forward. All of a sudden, looks a very good side.
I honestly think we can challenge probably more so due to the comp being so even but definitely not getting ahead of myself. A lot of things can happen from now until March, let alone next September
by bertiebeatle
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Hasn't been a trade for 9 mins. This is boring now
by bertiebeatle
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

All about ratings. Carlton would rate better than port, even though as a neutral we would all rather see the best teams playing in a Friday night

Good to see someone add some intelligence to the debate.
The world doesn’t revolve around the Power or Crows!

Used Port as an example as i know our fixture more in depth than others, wouldn't matter if it was Port or not.

West Coast is a better example. Was knocked out in the semi finals and only get 1 Thursday night and 1 Friday night game.

Games in the West are always harder because they have to start at funky times

I know, they were just the first team i could think of that wouldn't have many Thurs/Fri night games other than Port :lol: :lol:
by bertiebeatle
Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

So i am pretty sure we had 1 less than what we could have had on the list this year. Booney would be able to confirm??

Turnover of players at the moment is -6. Presuming Thomas signs we would be -5 then. Plus the extra list spot means we have 6 positions on our list. Draft picks are as per below plus the draft picks from 80 onward that will be used on the likes of Houston/Lienert/Ladhams to be upgraded to the main list. So we have the spots on the list free to pick up risk free DFA's. No one is actually going to miss out on being drafted. So instead of using the same players like Young, Ah Chee & Impey to rotate in and out of the side, we have gone and picked up other players that can fill a depth need and we can cut after a year if no good to accomodate for the extra draft picks next year that we have.

Main Draft picks: 46, 49, 59

Rookie Draft picks: 12, 30, 48

In:
FA in - Rockliff & Motlop
Trade in - Watts
DFA in – McKenzie & Trengove

Out:
Trade out – Impey, Ah Chee, Young, Austin & Lobbe
FA out - Trengove
Retire – Krakouer & Monfries
Delistings – White, Palmer & Eddy

Draft picks 2018: Port 1st, St. Kilda 2nd, Port 2nd, North 3rd, Port 3rd, Port 4th
by bertiebeatle
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Best Arsenal have looked in a long time. What happens when Wenger starts the correct team

Who would have thought starting all of our best players could be a good thing!

Don't worry, when we play Man U in a couple of weeks time, he will start Lacazette on the bench again :roll: :roll:

Still dumbfounded as to why he did that against City
by bertiebeatle
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

Is this the same Richie Kubsch that spent some time behind bars? Playing cricket at Berri at the moment if it is
Possibly, wouldn't think he was a hardened criminal as such, pretty quiet lad, may have erred on the wrong side of the law somewhere along the line, awesome fielder.
Wouldn't think there are many Richie Kubsch's running around. Was a very good fielder and he was a handy enough bowler as well.

Think he had some issues with his Mrs / Ex-Mrs back in the day - Can't remember.

Yeah not sure, I've only met him once as he got there after i left the region. He bowls mediums and bats down the order. Not sure how he fields.
by bertiebeatle
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2017-18

Wasn't able to watch the game last night but happy to take a point with the side we had out there. Sounds as if they played very well. Surely our C would be close to World Cup selection. Was gold to see Milligan score an own goal for the Victory to lose to Wellington!!!
by bertiebeatle
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

The Bulldogs Katie Brennan received a one game suspension last week ruling her out of the AFLW Grand Final.

The Bulldogs took it to the tribunal and lost.

They're now appealing that decision arguing that the rule interpretations between the mens and womens game is a breach of federal sexual discrimination laws.

Ive heard gerard whateley talk about this recently

basically if it was graded exactly the same in the mens game it would have been a $5k fine, but they didnt want to do that because the women comparatively earn much less. so they decided to keep it as a supsension instead of a fine.

Was that the thinking at tribunal over this incident, or prior to the commencement of the season?

Heard last night that this was the deal before the season began. As much as the suspension was a joke, they put this process in place unanimously to have suspensions instead of fines. Now the dogs are just embarrassing themselves
by bertiebeatle
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't complain about the side on paper. Was unsure whether they would go with Marshall or Amon. Seems like Ken may have changed his tactics
by bertiebeatle
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barry goes out before Houston.

Looks rushed when he has the ball and hasn't impressed me with his work off the ball. Zero tackles on the weekend, zero .

Yeah that stat line doesn't read well. Especially in a tight game. He hasn't really done much to date. I suppose then as well, Westhoff can come up to a wing if he is replaced by Frampton

Westhoff can't lead the rucks, not the way the big physical blokes play the game now.

That is why i hope big Bill gets the nod for this first game
by bertiebeatle
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:She in particular has a terrible track record

Care to elaborate here?

Elspeth Hussey, not the young lady at the centre of the investigation.

At least that is how I read it anyway.

Ah, gotcha.

Yeah sorry, didn’t make myself clear! Definitely about Elspeth and not the girl
by bertiebeatle
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Looking okay North. Ziebal been playing well up forward and i said to a few people last year, Ben Brown is the key forward i would throw a heap of money at if we can. Most exciting key forward in the comp for mine and hardly misses in front of goal. First few steps are very quick as well to generate the space between him and his defender
by bertiebeatle
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2017-18

Goodwin to be announced as a signing by the end of the day. Knocked Sydney back to come back here
by bertiebeatle
Fri May 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup Tips

Belgium for me. France will find a way to stuff it up. Hopefully Sat night!
by bertiebeatle
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Jonas in for Hombsch the only change. Big in, missed TJ last week and is going to be important tomorrow night.

He'll go to Petracca.

Yep, Clurey to Hogan & Doogs to McDonald.
by bertiebeatle
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Carlton will draft Walsh with pick 1 anyway. It will be GC with pick 2 who will take Lukosius
by bertiebeatle
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Lightning McQueen wrote:Gotta travel from Gepps Cross to the airport tomorrow around 2:30pm, is South Road still chaotic or would Churchill be the best option?

South Road isn't too bad at that time of the day but neither is Churchill then either so your pretty safe either way I would say
by bertiebeatle
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

I'll be quite happy to help Amon carry his bags to the airport.
by bertiebeatle
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gold Coast pick 3 & 24 for pick 10 & 11 is gathering momentum. Dew looking after Port!
by bertiebeatle
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Pick 10 and 11 plus Hombsch for pick 3?

Surely that's another loss for Port?!

Losing has been normal to us for the last 3 months
by bertiebeatle
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:
Saw someone mention it on cricinfo & made me remember him playing for the redbacks. He played the 08/09 season so doubt there was anyone else between Hughes & Dizzy

You won, you are this weeks quiz master!!

Finally have something to put in the trophy cabinet!
by bertiebeatle
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 7 prattle

Think we might get a touch up tonight. Hoping i'm very wrong, but I think Collingwood & Geelong are a fair way in front of everyone at the moment & we are still a while away from reaching the level they are playing at, at the moment. If we win tonight, the lid will be off though!
by bertiebeatle
Fri May 03, 2019 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt Sat 1410

I think you should provide some feedback to the franchise . Have people on gates to allow them in and suggest a way to stop whinging about no money would be to have facilities open around the ground so people can buy something.

Back to the footy and how good was Frampton today .

Like Pearce he didn't actually play.

Umm.............. yeah OK.

You that cooked in the head to not know who actually played and who didn’t?
Surely you must be related to Wedgie or MW?
by bertiebeatle
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Not sure why we are contesting Howard's week. I would be challenging Amon's suspension but not Doogs
by bertiebeatle
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2^4

carey wrote:Dixon must’ve really pissed our midfield off.

It’s the only reason I can think of why they kick it the way they do to him they way they do. Poor prick.

Literally said to my mrs 5 mins ago that I feel sorry for him every week with the way the footy gets delivered to him
by bertiebeatle
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2^4

Could watch that on repeat. Should have won by more in the end
by bertiebeatle
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Rucci said

In Dixon and Marshall

Out Lycett dropped :shock: and Sutcliffe (if Rozee is ok)

Why drop Sutcliffe? We need to get game time into these young up and coming whipper snippers.

Shit decision to drop him, he's been in career best form ;)
by bertiebeatle
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I must say it is a lot better to be at work on a Monday morning happy & looking forward to the weekend's footy! Forgot what it felt like! No doubt we will **** everything up this weekend and will be back to being miserable next Monday
by bertiebeatle
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The one against Richmond was getting the margin back to 3 goals and was the 2nd goal within minutes to give us some momentum.
Of course he was going to celebrate and try and get some energy into the group.
Tell me the difference between his celebration and someone first pumping and yelling cmon after that?
How come no one has bagged Zak Butters for his goal and celebration against Brisbane when we were 5 goals down?
People wonder why mental health issues exist. The minority of people that didn’t like it the other week quickly got called out on social media & put in their place
by bertiebeatle
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood vs GWS Prelim

Regardless of what people thought of the umpiring, was a bloody good game of footy especially for a wet weather game
by bertiebeatle
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - #hublyfe

Greenwood gone bang on Twitter
by bertiebeatle
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

The Lockleys/Kenilworth game should be a good game at the Taj Mahaj.

I might head down to watch the game and cheer on the Kookas
Competing for the Stephen Zweck cup, will be a cracker.

I thought it was the Bertie Beetle Cup?
Same person aren’t they?

Might have to get a medal made for BOG in both grades seeing as i have cup named after myself now.
Cracking matchup this weekend, looking forward to watching both grades in what should be some high quality footy
by bertiebeatle
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Chesser for me in the A grade - exceptional player in an exceptional team. Kenilworth looking the goods!

In div 5R - Moser could be hard to beat he stands out like dogs balls and can takes a strong mark and kicks goals. Fregona for Lockleys is also a chance and could become a back to back medalist and join the likes of Robert Harvey.
by bertiebeatle
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |