Search found 59 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 3

If I could be ****** doing tipping I'd tip Port this week. They are up and about and very confident (rightly so). They have that arrogance back and right now they have the mix right to knock off the Crows. Whether they can keep that up long term is another question, I don't think they can but what would I know? Go the Crows!
On form alone, the Crows easy.
Port beat a Swans side missing 8 GF players plus 3 blokes making their debut , then beat currently the worst team in the comp.
Adelaide smashed the premiership faves then gave Hawthorn a four goal start & won by 4 going away.

Getting a little sick of this argument, TBH.

To start with, it is actually 7.

Of those 7, we are talking Xavier Richards, Tom Papley, Jarrad McVeigh, Tom Mitchell, Ben McGlynn, Gary Rohan & Issac Heeney.

Xavier Richards was the laughing stock of the trade period, McGlynn had bugger all influence in the big dance and you would probably consider Cunningham of equal ability (Cunningham was emergency for the GF), Papley was replaced by Towers who played 13 games last season. Papley a slight upgrade there. Rohan can only be described as inconsistent. Tom Mitchell a definite loss to their midfield rotation, Jarrad McVeigh and Issac Heeney big outs also. 3 key outs, IMO.

Of Port's best side, we were missing Pittard & Impey.

As for 3 debutants? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So Port had the upper hand there, whilst playing Brett Eddy, Dan Houston and Sam Powell-Pepper?? Please.

And before I go- late in 2016, we travelled to the SCG and got absolutely smacked, embarrassed, annihilated, whatever euphemism you wish to use. Christ- we were down 6.5 to 0.0 at quarter time, and managed a paltry 4 goals for the game. If my maths is correct, R1 was a 95 point turnaround on that result, not to mention that we have only managed to beat Sydney twice since 2006. If our record against the Swans isn't a hoodoo, then I don't know football.

I will agree that last weeks result cannot be gauged, as we were playing against witches hats. However, our R1 win was every bit as impressive as Adelaide's.

Tomorrow night promises to be a cracker.
by valleys07
Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Hoping it's a load of bullshit & I would say BC would be the one to know the answer........

Hearing the Berri "recruits" are on the verge of walking before June 30. Surely not? Surely they aren't that piss weak?

Could Lefty walk before the season ends? Rekon the best thing is for Lefty to walk & Saf take the reigns for the rest of the year. Bit hard to fix things now, but Saf is the best to try mend some issues, a leader of the club who the young ones look up to.

Lefty should have probably walked away at the end of last year. Went one year too long.

Re their 18's & B's, they have lost a lot of talent in the 18-24 year age bracket over the last few years due to uni and blokes walking away from the club due to other people being involved in the club

Taso Bantolas in the best for BMFC on Saturday...... Would say that a prime example of the young talent walking. 1 of many

Only the start of season but next year, Berri might be better of restarting & concentrating on bringing kids back & getting the locals back instead of recruits once Lefty goes. Take a hit on making finals & just bring the culture back.
Taso left because his old man and kenny karpany snr made the under 13s vote one night about booting a player out of the team because their kids didn't like him. They were quickly put in their place for doing it and so they should have and they took the piss weak option and left the club. Those wankers u don't need at your club. Don't worry, what goes around comes around. Yes the club has areas of improvement but i think you'll find there might be a few people getting back involved next year and try get the club back on track.
by Bum Crack
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

What's everyone's thoughts on the front page spread in the pioneer about Berri? Surely u honour the Anzacs on your front page especially on anzac day. Disgraceful shit by the Pioneer and piss poor comments by the RFL Chairman too.
by Bum Crack
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

It seems a set strategy not to pay big $ to individuals and spread the $ amongst the group. The $'s need to go somewhere so it must mean their below average/average (McKay/Otten) players are getting very well compensated for their standing in the club.

You could take from this strategy that they are happy to do this to remain very competitive in the competition, but possibly never go to the next level of success.
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Bonner is the one from this lot that I am just waiting for to explode.

Came to the club with a bit of hype on the back of a good U18 championships in 2015, and after his debut at the end of last year I had him pencilled in for 10-15 games this season.

Shat the bed massively in this seasons JLT games, and is well back in the pecking order now. Needs a massive off-season to prove that this extension is talent and not hype.

Absolutely love what "Housto" is producing. Absolutely solid as a rock back there.
by valleys07
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All Australian Team 2017 discussion

morell wrote:Betts IMO. His goal assists are a class above.

Gray 26
Betts 18

*insert some chart here*
by Booney
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F..k not this again...
by MW
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Again, all our issues come back to our disposal. Our structure and the way we play is fine (missed Sat due to local footy), but again our skills let us down. From what i have been told from someone that is heavily involved in the club and always says it how it is, it was the same again on Saturday

All of this is fine but it's ignoring one pretty important factor, we're not as good as we want to be right now and there's always an opponent out there trying to do the same thing as us.
by Booney
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But I didn't see the game, but to be honest I don't really care who it is. We need another tall and/or bigger bodied forward in the Power side so Trengove can go back to his primary role. Pick whatever player fits the role who is in the best form out of:

Eddy
Marshall
Howard
Frampton

It also means we can drop Austin, who was absolutely awful, and put an experienced defender in his place. All the forward needs to do is equal what Trengove has been providing and no-one will convince me that anyone on that list above would do a worse job up forward.

Your argument for Trengove to go back and the impact that has on our structure has been stated a few times now.
Have you considered arguments as to why he needs to be up forward?

eg: As the 2nd ruck, they don't want to have to shuffle the backs each time Ryder needs a rest. Playing Trengove up forward gives us that flexibility to push him into the ruck and ryder can go to the bench or rest forward.

I'm sure there are other arguments for it as well.
by Trader
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Question is- with the emergence of Clurey, the resurgence of Jonas, plus having to fit one of Hombsch and Austin in the side, what is Trengove's role moving forward??

I genuinely have no idea. He's a better defensive centre half back than all of them

I think someone explained it a few days ago on here.
Allowing him to go forward as the 2nd ruck and Ryder swapping with him means they don't disrupt the back six with ruck changes when Trengove goes in.
by MW
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23

Dont know why they cant release these at the start of the season with the week off after finals now
by beef
Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23

I think it makes no difference and once the pre-finals bye was introduced it's been pointless.
by Booney
Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah it's a shame, good hands, beautiful kick - I enjoyed watching him play
by JK
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In - Monfries, Houston
Out - White (Omit ), Broadbent ( inj ) Only because its going to be wet, otherwise it's:

In - Monfries, Houston, Frampton
Out - White (Omit ), Broadbent ( inj ), Impey (Omit)

You need to accept that we wont have another tall come in!

Reckon Ah Chee will come in for White. Broadbent out for Houston & Monfries for Young Never!! :lol:
by morell
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

bennymacca wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Eddie :lol:

Never stands up in big games

Can't believe not 1 Port player has whacked him in his side to test him out yet.
by Jim05
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

Exactly right there Booney. People whinge about White, Young and others that come in and out of the team, but no one at SANFL level is smashing down the door and playing better footy than them. As i said yesterday, Young will go back to the SANFL this week and pick up 30 and will be back to the 1's at the next opportunity. Yes he hasn't performed well at AFL level this season, but he is going back to the Maggies and doing what has been asked better than anyone else. No one else is putting their hand up week in week out saying i deserved to be picked for the Power. This off-season is going to be cruicial. Motlop and Rockliff will be very big ins for us and may see us take the next step to be a better and more consistent fight

Given morell's "pick anyone" philosophy (based purely on structure), if they were to call up Snelling or Drew or Palmer and they have a stinker and we lose then as many people would be saying "Why'd they pick him?"
by Booney
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

So who will the AFL pick to coach them now?
Gil would have Roos on speed dial I'm sure he will give him a call or one of the other coaches from the boys club
by Jim05
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More to the point his football began to improve when he dropped the McMillan-Pittard to become just Pittard.
by Booney
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What has any of this got to do with Port Adelaide being an average footy side in 2017? ;) Because...

We're an average football side because Hinkley doesn't respect structure and is too stubborn.

Booney and bertie disagree.

I posted what I think is logical and incontrovertible evidence that i am right.

People then accuse me of always thinking like that (somewhat true)

I explain that my personality type actually loves new things.

People then pondered what personality types are

I then posted mine

Conversation ensued.

You came in here.

All caught up?

And so does the coach.

Of an AFL club.

With years of experience in coaching.

His team sits 6th on the ladder after 21 rounds.

Most likely playing finals.

So, bertie and I weigh up who we have the most faith in to know what they're talking about, actually know what they're talking about.

Catching up indeed....
by Booney
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bertiebeatle wrote:Impey dropped apparantley

Hoo. Ray. He's been kissed on it by a fairy the last month.
by Booney
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 22

bertiebeatle wrote:What a surprise Benny is the one whinging about one decision after getting the softest ride all night.
Terrible bloody decision though, christ.
by stan
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Friday Night footy TV

Corona Man wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:More hawthorn love in. That would be great...

You and your Crowtard mates would probably get a footy education if you listened and wernt so ignorant

Wasting your time... I don't think they are interested.

I think they get their education from Stephen Rowe...
by mighty_tiger_79
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Friday Night footy TV

Rowe, KG, Jarman
F#ck me, there's your trifecta folks...
by Spargo
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

Heading into last week of tips

2 leaders at 128
Im 127
2 on 126.

Early thoughts are

Hawks
Melbourne
Brisbane
Sydney
Port
Cats
bombers
Richmond (only cos its at the G)
West Coast

I'm 4 clear still so playing it safe. Only different one i have gone to you at the moment is the Crows instead of the Eagles. Just playing it safe though 4 clear
Home n hosed!!!
Well done

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
by mighty_tiger_79
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Fairly common this time of year I would have thought.
Guys miss the odd game during the season, meaning you generally get 23 or so who "always play A's", but come finals, everyone is available.
We have to drop one this week, it will come from one of three who have all only played A's this year (18, 18 and 17 games).
Equally our B-grade had to drop a bloke that's played the last 13 in a row in the B's.
100% agree. Sometimes players maintain their spot because of circumstance with players unavailable.. rarely during the season do you have your best side available.
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

I didn't study tonight's game as much as what I normally do, due to it being over early, but did I miss something re Jacobs performance. Mumford beat him in the middle comfortably. Yes Jacobs covered him around the ground, but I thought he got smashed in the middle, just that Mumford was useless with his ruck work and kept feeding it to the Crows midfield. Reminded me of Lobbe in 2015 against Geelong at AO. Happy to be proven wrong as I didn't watch the game comprehensively especially after half time

Glad someone mentioned it .. Early on I thought Mumford was noticeably better positioned at the ruck contests. Granted he didn't always do a lot with it, but it prevented Jacobs from dishing it out. Mummy didn't do anything else though, whereas Jacobs always finds it in field play. 2nd half not sure, beers had kicked in and I'd tuned out.
by JK
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

Tigers were very impressive tonight, their pressure was outstanding. They are ridiculously up and about now! The crowd singing the song and screaming out Yellow and Black in unison was awesome.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

Hey benny enjoy this week but you haven't won anything yet. Gracious and crows supporters don't go together to well does it.
by woodublieve12
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

Well done to the Crows. Far better team on the night. Brisbane will be licking their lips after Charlies performance last night. Crows will get a first rounder for him for sure. Not being salty, but **** there are some terrible supporters out there. I know every team has them but Crows are by far the worst. I even got abused last night after i clapped a goal because i was in the members area and i had no right to be there apparently lol. I just wanted to throat chop the three blokes in front of me. Once again though well done Crows. Far too good

Not defending the idiots all supporter bases have, but last night was one of the most passionate crowds I've ever witnessed. Sure some step over the line but that's going to happen in such an emotionally charged game.

One more to go...
I understand passionate but this wasn't passionate. It was just a heap of **** carrying on like wankers. Maybe it's just me. I'm a passionate supporter but i don't abuse opposition or their supporters. Never have and never will. Don't worry, there's been lots of opportunties when i could have being a Cats supoorter watching them hand out some floggings over the years. I don't see the need. I guess everyone's different though. I just tend to see it moreso at crows games than any other.
by Bum Crack
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

bertiebeatle wrote:Kane Cornes reporting the Watts deal will be finalised today

Pick 31.
by Booney
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kane Cornes reporting the Watts deal will be finalised today
Must be true then.
Versatile big man Jack Watts is the third player to join Port Adelaide this post-season, moving from Melbourne in exchange for pick 31 in this year’s National Draft.

The 26-year-old forward says he’s determined to get the best out of himself at Alberton.

“From a club perspective there’s a lot to be optimistic about,” Watts said.

“Port Adelaide finished just outside the top four last year, have some really promising young players who are getting some experience under their belts and they’ve added two great footballers already to their list in Tom Rockliff and Steven Motlop.

“Personally, I can’t wait for pre-season to begin so I can start working with the likes of Charlie Dixon, Robbie Gray, Travis Boak and Chad Wingard.”

Port Adelaide List Manager Jason Cripps says Watts will be a valuable addition to the Power’s forward half.

“He has great skills, particularly by foot which we feel is an area where we can improve as a team,” Cripps said.

“He’s a good athlete too and an experienced player so we’re confident he’ll make our team better.”

Watts was chosen by Melbourne with pick no.1 in the 2008 National Draft. He’s played 153 games and kicked 143 goals across nine seasons with the Demons.
by Booney
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB 2017

Amazing turnaround by the Yankees. From 4-0 down to 6-4 up
by Jim05
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bertiebeatle wrote:Gibbs to the Crows this arvo

How dare a player leave their current club to go elsewhere!

Hope Crows supporters are as disgusted with this move as they were with Lever and Cameron! :P
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows fans when a player leaves:

Lever leaving angry mob.png

Crows fans when a player signs:

Gibbs signs.jpg
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When you read that trade summation, it's hard not to be super impressed with how smart these people in these roles are to manipulate and manage the movements to better their positions.
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A Graders

cracka wrote:
Corona Man wrote:All I know, going by the SA media, that the Crows have 40 of them.

Don't we have 42 on the list, who missed out

Cameron & Lever.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

I tried to find a graph for Ports Friday night games but apparently there is insufficient data to produce one.

Maybe I should have googled shithouse time slots? ;)

I Googled "shithouse teams"

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Carlton/Images/CFCLeaders2017Pic.jpg
by Booney
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

Fingers crossed that with Ange now gone, Milligan, Troisi & Kruse will never play for Australia again.
by Spargo
Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: To trade or to draft, that is the question.

Meh. As it was said on a previous page. It is like asking which fat chick you want to **** first.

Whether you lose a GF by 1pt or 119, it is the ****ing pits.
by valleys07
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

i dont mind the idea of a lottery. but if 9-12 are playing finals every year, then it gives teams down the bottom something to play for

could even indroduce an interdivisional playoff game too - maybe in the pre-season a bit like the charity shield in the EPL. would at least make 1 game of the pre-season somewhat relevant
by bennymacca
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Port person is gonna say that Morell.
Yes Kane says what he thinks and all power to him (pun intended), but he is a crow troll out of the Rucci handbook simple as that.

He's better than the trash Rowey & Bicks dish up in the couple of hours before hand on AA. Do have a chuckle every night they have a guest on and Rowey just agrees with everything they say even after he has spent the 5 mins prior to the guest coming on arguing for the other side. If he could grow some balls and actually argue for his opinion at least there would be a decent discussion rathar him just agreeing with everything everyone else says

Who's the bigger fool tuning in every night listening to them?

Easily me and the rest of the listeners. Not much else to listen to though, would rather Billy & JB hit Triple M earlier than 6pm as i love listening to them on the way to footy training

You and me both. Rowey is cringe worthy and I'm surprised Bickley has stayed for as long as he has, or that Rowey hasn't been given the arse yet.
by MW
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have been downloading the whateley podcast, been good
by bennymacca
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bertiebeatle wrote:
Well i am the number 1 showbag so have had to limit my expectations a touch!

I think 5th to 8th, lose some that they should've won and and jag a couple against the grain.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep if it was about Walker or any Adelaide players Booney would have been dead quiet

He would of waited for the facts :lol:

Walker's a wanker, we don't need anything more proven. :lol:

Genuine question: Why is it that Walker is voted the AFLPA Best Captain two years running? Seems his peers like what he's doing, only some supporters don't?

Got me beat.
by Booney
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If they want to set standards for this type of rubbish. Then harsher penalties need to be given out. 1 week off is way too lenient. Some AFL players believe that they are better than society when they go out at night and think they can do and have anyone they want. Because I play for Port Power and my name is SPP. So because of who you are, women should just open their legs for you. Crap. He should have been given a month off and been told to go do some community service at a women's shelter. I can't stand people like that that use their so called reputation to do what they want. Maybe SPP has been hanging around Burgoyne or Heuskes too much.
What has he done? He went out, broke curfew and got drunk, he didn't kill anyone or beat anyone up, there is an ongoing investigation into the "alleged" wrongdoings, I think you're trialing him with no substance.

Did Dusty assault a woman in a chinese restaurant with chopsticks last year? It was "alleged" that he did.

It's actually a pretty similar scenario here LM, Dusty was out drunk at the time when the "incident" occurred & the women (who happened to work for 7 went to the club & media.) Dusty admitted he was drunk in public & was sanctioned by the club for this. Once CCTV footage was checked over & a police investigation completed it was found he hadn't done anything criminal & was cleared of any wrong doings.

We're at the same stage now with PP, he's been sanctioned for being intoxicated & once a full investigation is completed we will know the outcome. If its found PP has done nothing wrong I feel for the lad & if he has then throw the book at him as they say.

I think Port have handled this very well & have done in the past with previous "incidents" the media has brought to public's attention.
by David Brent
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

100% gone.
by Booney
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

valleys07 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:She in particular has a terrible track record

Care to elaborate here?

Elspeth Hussey, not the young lady at the centre of the investigation.

At least that is how I read it anyway.

Her Twitter feed is a popular black, white and teal one at the moment.
by Booney
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

bertiebeatle wrote:Couldn’t be happier. Thank ****

8 years too late
by mighty hounds
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ross Lyon payout over harassment claim

I think Sam Newmans reaction to this story (Wilkinson) sums it up
by MW
Fri May 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Corona Man wrote:The crows should sign him up for as long as he wants and throw him whatever he wants.

I’d prefer he walked ;)
by carey
Tue May 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |