Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

The Times have announced their 2018 Team of the Year.. looks pretty close to the mark for mine!
F: Sean Beath (Will), Jordan Mutton (McL), Tyson Davis-Neale (EB)
HF: Ziggy Vitkunas (MtC), Tom Pinyon (MtC), Matt Dominish (LC)
C: Curtis Perrey (Capt) (LC), Michael Ross (VH), Billy Cook (Will)
HB: Jake Veide (MtC), Tom Derham (LC), Matthew Merrett (Myp)
B: Rigby Barnes (EB), Matt Ficken (Will), Kiefver Zohar (McL)
R: Peter Hoban (MtC), Jarrod Kellock (LC), Brett Ellis (V/Capt) (McL)
Int: James Sellar (LC), Marc Elliott (Strath), Lachlan Matthews (McL)
Coach: Gianni Petrucci (McLaren)
by limb
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jarrod Kellock received Langhorne Creeks "Ken Follett Medal" last night to add to his other 5.
In fact Kellock has now won 8 B&Fs in succession. L Creek 2011-14, Mannum 2015-16, L Creek 2017-18.
Quite a remarkable feat.
After tying with Tom Derham last year, Kellock came out on top this year narrowly from Sellar and Derham finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively.
by jackpot jim
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tips for Round 2

E Bay over Compass by 14 points DRAW
McLaren over Myp-Sell by 58 points McLaren by 16 points
Strath over Yank by 9 points Strath by 1 point
Creek over Victor by 78 points Creeks by 140 points
Willunga over Goo-PT Ell by 71 points Willunga by 54 points
by jackpot jim
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Creeks over Willunga by 26 pts Creeks won by 30 points
Compass over Goolwa/PE by 21 points Compass won by 85 points
Yank over Bays by 19 points Yank won by 2 points
McLaren over Strath by 23 points McLaren won by 71 points
Myp/Sell over Victor by 23 points Myp/Sell won by 11 points

Tiger83 tipster of the week with 5/5 and a points differential of 106, fod 5/5 (135), jj 5/5 (145), grasshopper 3/5 :oops: ;)

Yesterdays results show whilst Strath are still a finals contender, they're not a premiership hope, being obliterated for the 2nd time in their last 3 matches.
Yank the big winners with their 2 point win over the Bays
Tho Creeks wasn't an upset over Willunga at all, it certainly was a gutsy win after losing Perrey, McGregor and Mitch Cleggett all to injuries before half time and having no bench for the rest of the game. Willunga jumped out of the blocks to kick 3 goals in the 1st 15 minutes but from then on only managed 1 more for the rest of the match mostly played in misty drizzle

Table
Creeks 10
McLaren 10
Compass 7
Yank 6
Strath 6
Bays 5
Willunga 4
Myp/Sell 2
Gool/PE 0
Victor 0

4 rounds to go with either Creeks and Mclaren to finish top whilst the other are top 3 certainties. The next 5 teams are all in a battle for spots 3 - 5
Its a lottery who they will be and will be determined on results of 50/50 games like yesterdays between Yank and E Bay. Mt Compass have the hardest run home, still having to play Creek and McLaren along with other contenders Strath and Yank. Straths % is utter shithouse due to their obliterations by Creeks and McLaren but still have to play Victor and Myp/Sell. Will need 6 wins to make it. Willunga have an easier draw but need to beat Yank this week otherwise they're in trouble. Yank and Bays still have their destiny in their own hands but as with the other contenders need to win the 50/50 games.
by jackpot jim
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

4 games- team of the year. That’s a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And 2 of those games he didn't play after half time because of injury

Yes, one would think playing at least 6 or 7 games out of the 9 would make the T.O.Y more creditable but who knows , maybe games played had nothing to do with the criteria of being selected ?

Creek and E Bay have previously met only once in a Grand Final and that was the Creeks debut year in the GSFL in 1978. Coming off 3 flags in a row in the HFL the Creeks made it 4 on the trot in defeating the Bays 18 - 7 to 11 - 16 at Port Elliot

Saturdays decider is set to be played in warm and windy conditions where winning the toss and capitalizing on kicking with a strong Northerly could go a long way in determining the result. Hopefully the wind forecast is wrong as it would be unfortunate that one bad quarter with or against the win could determine the outcome for either side. Would be great to see near perfect conditions and two strong sides going hard at it.

by grasshopper22
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Night Jackpot Jim? Have the Players ventured to that Great Establishment, Potts Winery? You know the one, i'm sure there's a few sore heads around.

Hmmmm
Putting the same post up 3 times may suggest i was having a Big night :oops:
nah, im not one for over the top celebrations
I think Lake Breeze would be more their winery destination.
Sore Heads ?? :partyman: :vom:

Old Lake Breeze Winery should have taken a punishment over the last few years from the footballers. Tremendous servants of Langhorne Creek FC are the Folletts.
by Under_Scrutiny
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone tell me who the galahs are that commentate on that gsfl YouTube

They are terrible. They don’t know many names of the player except for enc bay game
then they get the wrong players names
A guy kicks for goal the number clearly on his back and they call someone else

The ball goes up, there’s a hand ball, the ball goes up someone kicks it the ball goes up..... on and on and on

They are bloody terrible

Who are they????
by The eclipse fan
Sun May 09, 2021 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Settled in at my desk yesterday to watch the top of the table clash between Demons and the Hawks

Was I bloody disappointed to see bulldogs vs Tigers on a drizzly rainy crap day.
One team was only gonna flood back to choke another side from scoring
Didn’t last long into the broadcast when I couldn’t stand the commentary so turned off

What happened to the guys that filmed and broadcast last year? They were great
Who makes the decisions on where the happy fm go? Surely it’s not Curran cos dementia has well and truely set in
GSFL deserves better
by The eclipse fan
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No it’s not about handouts for sure. I actually don’t mind having a points system. But it needs to be administered properly so the bottom clubs have a chance. As cheapies posts show that just isn’t the case. Giving top clubs points concessions for no apparent reason on top of that just a kick in the guts to the struggling clubs.
With a salary cap as it is now, every club offers the same maximum dollars to the bigger names shopping around (in theory of course because we all know that isn’t the case), so of course most players will choose a club having success. The points system should mean that doesn’t/can’t happen (as often).

Precisely, thank you FOD. Finally someone looking at it objectively, but be careful or people will assume we're the same person :roll: . Each decision has far reaching implications for more then just the GSFLOMPASS
by Cheap Seats
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="Tiger83"

and make sure no Club would be disadvantaged. [/quote]

:shock: Bit late to care about Clubs being fairly treated after the Player Points debacle :roll:
by jackpot jim
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe Hoffman has to front the tribunal tomorrow night, despite playing on Saturday, after he was reported by Rob Brokenshire, the Compass official for head butting Creek. Apparently they have footage on Snapchat of the alleged head butt.

Compass made no friends early in the year, now they’re making sure they’ll have no friends for years - except the GSFL.

Yet his name-sake ( I guess his son?) runs around week after week dishing out piss weak cheap shots. I sat near one of there elderly stalwarts last year when he offended again and my (normally well mannered) wife had to turn and apologise to the old couple for her tirade…. They said don’t worry, we’ve been embarrassed by his behaviour for years!

by field of dreams
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He received four weeks.
by JD1981
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |