Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Grade Cricket

I heard that the Jets ran into some financial difficulties but have had some key supporters (eg Barossa winery moguls) come on board and now are quite well off. Money available for players/coaches. Heard a whisper that Matt Weaver from TTG may be in their sights but unsure if that is true.

Their indoor centre is no more but it's really only used for two months of the year. Not sure it was much of an income source. There's an indoor centre at Trinity College I imagine the Northern clubs will tap into now.

I'm unsure who these Barossa Winery moguls you speak of are? The jets have a player who personally and family wise run a $100million dollar business who are no longer sponsors anymore and haven't been sponsors for a few years now. I haven't heard of any other winery's nor have many others been involved in recent times.

I'd assume they would use Trinity's indoor centre, or possibly Mega Courts at Windsor Gardens who have a far superior set up.
by Port Pirie Power
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Pooraka vs Walkerville this week! Will be a fiery contest. Hope the pooraka boys have their heads pulled in. Potentially an upset!
by Port Pirie Power
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why would the ATCA be embarrassed. I think it would be fantastic and great reward for Pooraka And Pooraka only......think most clubs are salivating for the day the money well dries up and watch the rats jump off a sinking ship [emoji6]

Interesting thoughts there Heater. Would assume that you are from a rival club of Pooraka? From what I’ve heard, they only pay incentives which is not uncommon in cricket whatsoever.

In respect to the T20, from what I’ve looked through. The Pooraka (2) team is a team full of what the normal Saturday B grade side with the addition of 2 A graders and a guest player. Suggesting these blokes are probably unpaid and those rats to speak of are still on the ship and probably half decent cricketers mate.
by Port Pirie Power
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was interesting going thru Port's team today, trying to work out how many of their juniors they had playing in the 1st Grade, could only come up with one - Aussie Umpherston?

Woodville - Benton, Sayers, Carter, McDonald
Glenelg - Kerr
Northerns - Giniotis
Uni - Cooper
Adelaide - Garlick
Unsure- Dilley and Jordy Thomas

Wonder why other Clubs get pi55ed off with them. Instead of trying to buy an A Grade flag, why not put that money towards their junior development programmes. We do this as we don't pay any players, then we find out they are targeting our gun recruit for next year and offered him big coin already. Weeksy is a sly dog, gotta watch him like a hawk as he targets so many players from other Clubs every year!

Think calling Weeksy a sly dog is abit harsh there Eagles, one of the good guys in grade cricket circles in my opinion and most others that have spoken about him.

Near on half of those players that you have listed were probably not playing A Grade cricket at those clubs at the time, so yes you could say that Port have gone and “bought” them... or perhaps they offered an A Grade spot which is pretty hard to refuse. Good recruiting maybe?

Think your issue should be with Leverock if he decides to choose Port over you guys after giving you his word, until he’s signed a regristation form at a club he’s free game isn’t he?
by Port Pirie Power
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Northerns 6/51 after bowling the gullies out for 230...

Tim Oakley all 6 including a hat trick
by Port Pirie Power
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could the SACA instead of making 2 divisions turn it into 3 instead and include the B grade from all clubs?

8/8/10 teams split into three.

The top 3 B grades could play in division 2 and then the third division be the next 10. Still promotion/relegation so teams in div 3 can go up to division 2 if they finish in the top 2.

This gets rid of a bye and also adds more teams to div 1 giving those teams a chance to stay in division 1 with an ok year, rather than the proposed top 6 where you could miss the finals by a game and get relegated.

Seems to work in ATCA with clubs having teams in A1/A2/A3.
by Port Pirie Power
Thu May 26, 2022 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree with the points about getting rid of the D Grade altogether however then doesn’t the C grade face pretty much the same issue. Players who play D grade wouldn’t hang around and then the C grade faces the same problems.

If they wanted to really get serious then could they not have a similar setup to the SANFL? 1st and 2nd Grade then various underage teams which don’t necessarily have to be the same as SANFL. Players not selected in the 1st and 2nd grade could then play Turf Cricket for clubs that their district club potentially have ties with?

Clubs would need less ovals meaning less costs and then potentially put more money into community cricket making that better as well? Could be a stretch getting turf clubs to agree.
by Port Pirie Power
Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aaron’s behaviour is a disgrace in the video and agree Eagles if the umpires are tough they should refuse to umpire this week. The decision being downgraded is a show that the umpires do not matter in ATCA. What happens when Chadd does the same thing to an umpire in this weeks game, they argue that because there is no frogbox there’s no evidence of it happening???
by Port Pirie Power
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |