Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Grade Cricket

Is there an issue with the Barossa kids that once they finish juniors they head back to their home club to play A Grade, rather than fighting their way through the Jets' C and D Grade over time?

Have heard that about kids from some of the Hills clubs and also down south.

As a 17 year old if I wasn't able to make the B Grade I'd head back to my own club too.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:I think there is more Barossa kids playing at other district clubs than there are at the Jets, maybe something in that?

That's nothing new, TTG were always floating around looking for talent in the area.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty interesting case at Northerns. Over the next few weeks I'll post what I believe each club needs, some more specific than others, and I'd love some feedback.

Northern Districts

Finaihed 12th, 7th, 10th & 13th across the Seniors. U14's finsihed 4th in the Red and 6th in Whites. 16's teams were last or second last.

Need
Good young players, as well as some good games from their underperforming older players who are going around again. Also need to sort out their coaching situation because it's a different story every time you ask.

Have Spoken/Should Speak To
Tate Robins (ET) knocked them back, this was around the last game of the year. Tim Oakley (TTG) is probably the next best bet in the area from a young quick standpoint. Given their location they'd need to draw from surrounding clubs. They have spoken to Tyrell Sinclair (TTG) and he's going somewhere, just could be ND or Pros depending on who you ask.

Key Next Season
Easy to say, but win some games. Talent retention is obviously a big talking point with the Jets and if they can bring across a couple guys from other clubs it may sway those guys who want to go back and play Turf cricket. Likely to be at the bottom for a while, particularly if the Giniotis not playing rumours are true.
by backoftheroom
Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

They can't go into A2.

Why not. Pretty sure Goodwood did it 2 seasons ago.
Didn't the ATCA create a temporary Bylaw to allow it when they went back to 12 teams per division? Goodwood won A3 the last year of 8 teams and most of them had to go up to form A2.

It wasn't a temporary bylaw.
The bylaw states that B Grade sides are not automatically promoted into A2 and any such promotion is at the discretion of the ATCA board.

The vast majority of people at our club want our B Grade to play A2 next season, and considering our B's did defeat every other team in A3 this season I would be surprised if we weren't allowed to go up.
by Brumbies
Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone know what Ben Turley is doing? I heard a whisper that he was putting his name out there? He'd be a handy pick up at any club and definitely his batting, bowling and experience at the Jets would help!

Wonder if the karma bus will back up over this mooted move.....

What do you mean by the karma bus mate??

I wasn't trying to moot a move at all, was just curious..

I highly doubt Ben would leave the Peckers, but if he did, there'd be clubs after him I would have thought.

Strong rumour (from horses mouth so to speak) was he was going to Port, with Josh Hoffman going back there too. With Senior Turdley so involved at Woodville, this would be surprising.

The other story going around is there is going to be a mass exodus from Woodville, and the above mentioned player was the reason why, his team mates can't stand him.
by Eagles2014
Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would be interested in your thoughts Port Pirie Power. I have heard that the Joe Gatting appointment has been well received with the Northerns playing group, and may help to retain Coop.
The players seem to understand what the problem is there - thoughts?
by Happycamper
Tue May 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think that’s what he wasn’t happy about.
After losing to St Iggies in rd 1, where both Sandary and Sandercock played Div1, they then elected to drop them into the Bs to qualify them for finals.

This isn’t a case of a couple of guest players squeezing out the 10th and 11th ranked players from IF’s A grade, it was a deliberate decision to stack their lower side.

Some clubs do it, others don’t.

I do like the fact that it was the C grader Billsy who made the two highly rated A graders look mediocre though, claiming the best figures with 1/11 off his 4.

Gotta win something after spending up big in the off season, not going to be the A1 comp, so they’re chasing the div 2 T20 title! Laughable! Brahma lodge will knock them off next game anyways.
by Whatsfordinner
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think Frogbox is allowed as evidence in ATCA

i hope thats not the case.....

I know that some games have frogbox others dont etc but at the end of the day if the evidence exists it should be used regardless of the source.

Watch the league cry around September next year that they dont have enough umpires to cover all grades.

Horrible decision.

Maybe they would get the message if all umps refused to umpire this week in 40 degrees - would love to see Arron standing out there all day :D
by Eagles2014
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |