Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Life ban

I think the life ban was extremely harsh, especially considering it was Callum's first ever report. He has been treated like a random thug and no consideration has ever been given to his character and commitment to the game. Obviously having been on an AFL list, the guy plays good football but his career has so far been defined and judged by one action.

My question isn't whether or not Callum deserved a life ban for his actions as he has already been dished his penalty and that can't be changed, but whether or not he deserves a second chance and is any risk to the league and its integrity if they were to re-register Callum?

Here's a few facts in a bit of a timeline to give a bit more perspective of Callum as a footballer
- SANFL U16 state representative
- SANFL U18 state representative
- North Adelaide Football Club reserves footballer
- Port Power rookie list (2011 age 19)
- 2012 Central Districts FC (limited games due to injury)
- 2013 Salisbury North (age 21, cops life ban for the actions discussed)
- 2014-2016 Eudunda FC, country zone and state representative (one of those seasons he was also judged BOG and got the medal in a grand final)

To me, at the age of 25 this doesn't look like the record of a person who is going to be a major risk if the league was to re-register Callum. Callum has at not one stage of the process been given the opportunity to stand in front of the board (or whoever the decision makers are) and make his claim to be re-registered. This shouldn't be a Salisbury North thing, this is an individual wanting to get back into a good competition and play good footy in his local community again. I think airing his feelings on Facebook was a sign of having nowhere to go to have his perspective heard.
by Gazza's Scalp
Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |