Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

hfoxe16 wrote: Trinity Vs Houghton B Grade will also be a great game due to their positions on the ladder both fighting for that 5th spot.

I would be very surprised if the TOSers don't win this.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Here is the ladder after 15 rounds:
Division 6 Ladder
26 - Pulteney (ELIZ, BL, TOS) - Do they rest any players before finals? Do they keep try new things before finals?
22 - Elizabeth (PUL, IF, BL) - Tough 3 weeks. Can they get revenge against all 3 teams who beat them last time?
22 - Brahma Lodge (WC, PUL, ELIZ) - Two tough away contests and the top side at home. Can they win 2 to lock in a top 3 spot?
20 - Ingle Farm (SW, ELIZ, HD) - Form team only having to play 1 finals side. Can they get enough percentage to finish 2nd?
20 - Trinity OS (ML, WC, PUL) - Can thy go 3-0 and finish in top 3? Percentage will go against them but can they get a home final?

2 games that will decided top 3. Brahma V Elizabeth, Ingle Farm V Elizabeth

Anyone wanna have a crack at how they will think it will finish and what the first week of the finals will look like.

Think you have to include Pulteney's games with Elizabeth, Brahma, and Trinity as games that will decide top 3. Plenty of scenarios are possible pending the result of those three games involving the ladder leader.

Before Round 18, if Pulteney lose next two;
Elizabeth beat IF, would have Pul, BL, Eli on 26 points, TOS 24, IF 22.
IF beat Eliz, Pul BL 26, Eliz IF TOS 24.

If Pulteney win next two;
Ladder could look like PUL 30 Eliza (24 or 22), BL 24, TOS 24, IF (22 or 24).

Then its all to play for in Round 18 with Pul v TOS and BL v Eliz

As Bruce would say, special few weeks coming up!

Speaking of umpires, a certain div 6 captain was penalized for throwing grass in the air as he was about to take a set shot for goal. Umpire blew his whistle and signalled a ball up. Did not know that you couldn’t throw in the air. Have I missed a rule change ?!?

So how long have you been tied up with Trinity for?

A TOS icon.
Been good seeing him around the past two months or so, except for when Sturt are winning.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Great weekend at Waldeck with the TOSers getting up in a thriller.
Eythan Barraclough (94), Mitch Dearing (75), Austin Smith (33) gave us 307 to defend.
However, a massive innings from Brad Anderson (146) nearly took the flag away from us.
His run out proved the difference and Smith bowled the last two batsmen to dismiss them for 285, with nine balls left.
Great game, played in great spirit.

Am enjoying the lads' Snaps today. Good viewing.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Great weekend at Waldeck with the TOSers getting up in a thriller.
Eythan Barraclough (94), Mitch Dearing (75), Austin Smith (33) gave us 307 to defend.
However, a massive innings from Brad Anderson (146) nearly took the flag away from us.
His run out proved the difference and Smith bowled the last two batsmen to dismiss them for 285, with nine balls left.
Great game, played in great spirit.

Am enjoying the lads' Snaps today. Good viewing.

5 A Grade Premierships in 11 seasons is quite the achievement. Onwards and upwards for the TOS
Well done on collecting 5 premierships as you have risen through the ranks - LO, C1, B2, A4 and A3. Good luck in A2. If you can make it 6 next year that would be something!
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

I’ve had a special request to post.. Brenton Starke of Greenacres, who played his 300th game today would firstly like to congratulate Sam Peters on his milestone, but also his sincerest thanks to Trinity OS on their guard of honour towards him after today’s game.

Football the real winner today.
by The Bedge
Sat May 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It should be mentioned that the Great Man Cotts recorded a club record for the TOSers on the weekend.
14 goals. Could easily have been more, but he kicked three behinds between his 12th and 13th goal.

Huge turnout from Greenacres too, on the weekend.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The vision is pretty ordinary. I'd be staggered if nothing comes from at least one of the incidents.

Coincidence that it’s Trinity who again, seem to be the ‘victims’ again. League should look to put those flogs on AAA purely based on their unsportsmanlike approach to the game with clubs who are on one.

You are taking the p*ss with this comment surely? The bloke hit him with a flying knee while Carl’s head was over the ball! That VICTIM has a broken jaw and lost teeth.. definately Carls fault.
by Sonofbrowny25
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:I love all the hypotheticals, I'm sure the league will do their investigations and work through it all.

I've seen the footage. No hypotheticals unless spoiling the opponents jaw with your knee and elbow is subjective
by MW
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |