Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Top 5 for 2018

Lockleys is the the team to beat. They have been around the mark for a while now and have the depth many clubs can only dream of in div5. They have kept the nucleus from the side from the last couple of years and added some more quality. A well coached and drilled team. This could be the year they finally make the big dance and a dominant season from the demons would not surprise anyone. A lock for the double chance.

CBOC arguably were the second best side last year and would be disappointed not to have made their way out of Div5. Under fist year coach last year and with some exciting recruits CBOC were a formidable outfit at their best. One would expect further improvement with another preseason under the guidance of the coaching group and with further quality players added to what was a deep and even playing list CBOC sit at the pointy end of the ladder again in 2018. Top 3 would be the minimum expectation and we all know anything can happen from there.

BOS are for me the biggest unknown. As with Lockleys, BOS could easily have been promoted over the last few years with a couple of dominant seasons had. Last year might have been slightly below par but some added depth was a real positive. With a new coach coming from Div1 I expect BOS to be the best drilled team and have team structures rarely seen at this level.  If they are able to acquire even a few players with the coach they could do some serious damage and take the big step in finals type footy.  Finals is a sure thing but the sky is the limit.

Pulteney will be looking to continue their improvement after what was a dominant display in Div6 last year. However some key players from last year not available again could  prove costly. With a couple of decent additions to the playing group taking time to gel might mean a slow start. If previous seasons are any indication depth shouldn't be an issue. Last year saw them catch sides out with their game style however this year will be a significant improvement in quality opposition. Finals footy or fail.

Smithfield are the sleeping giant make no mistake. Anything is possible with this mob after racing up the grades they were found out last year after losing some key personal. If they are able to gain some of those blokes back for 2018 then lookout. Always a formidable outfit at home they should be looking to all games out there which in turn sees them right around the mark with a few wins on the road. Top end talent will take them along way but depth could be the issue. Finals looks likely.

Woodville South

Hope Valley

Hectorville

Ingle Farm

Kenilworth

Good luck to all teams for 2018 I'll be keeping a close eye on Div5 with no involvement at any club this year I look forward to watching and enjoying footy
by oldman
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

truk teppitt wrote:
The Bedge wrote:zedman, is there any truth the rumour getting around that you've secured the services of Pulteney premiership midfielder Shane Cooke?

Where there is smoke, there's fire...

Yet to be proven.. but you know what they say - not often I’m wrong, but I’m right again ;)
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks to Will and the lads from Pulteney for the footy lesson yesterday. They are tall, fit, quick and skilful. Didn’t see Glenunga last year but from what I witnessed yesterday Pulteney will take Div 5 standard to new heights. Look out whoever plays them, Langford is unbelievable as is Polec....huge additions to their already impressive list. Great to see Will and all the lads come in for a drink after the game, much appreciated.
by Inallseriousness
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle Farm v Woodville South
Football is the winner here.
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

scottroo wrote:Amazing if true.

Oh it’s true.. whoever is running the show there deserves a medal - successfully got Motlop from 3pts to 2pts and Zesers 3pts to 0pts.
by The Bedge
Fri May 04, 2018 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Saw it on the news. Clearly an intentional punch to the face. Not worth 8 weeks though. Unlucky for SN it was on video. Would have got 2 max in the SFL probably a reprimand.

It's not a bad issue to have mate. We all have to go to work on Monday. Football incidents occur but striking people has never been an acceptable part of the game.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If he wants a gig then he should ban himself from here.
He has potential but there are two clubs i know of that wont touch the young man due to being too media friendly.
Take it or leave it.
Obviously by media friendly you’re referring solely to safooty, because I rarely post crap on FB and I don’t use things like Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat.

To be honest, I’d be lying if I said that didn’t disappoint me. I would have liked to think I would be judged on my ability to coach, and my work ethic in the role, not some comments I write on a random footy forum for a bit of fun.

I invest an incredible amount of time and energy into coaching both football & cricket, as well as other roles and fitting in a full time job and family - I don’t have time for other pastimes like some people, this forum (sadly) is really my only opportunity to release and take my mind off things - to have to be told to give up that because it’ll impact chances to coach is a little disappointing.

I coach because I enjoy it, and try to do the best job I can possibly do, but you know there are more important things in life and if I’m judged on my presence here, then is it really worth it anyway?

*edit* - having said that, obviously if I had a senior job my presence would be significantly less, and even cease if asked by the club.. all I’m saying is I think I shouldn’t be judged purely on my safooty posts, nor should I be required to change/stop what I do to appease people/clubs that don’t know me.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Wont lie, i'm intrigued and wouldn't mind watching the '05 GF.
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:How did Timmy TwoTime Sumner go at the tribunal?

Was he reported (red card) during game by umpires or done by video?

Was sighted for for two incidents and got off apparently seems you get special treatment these days.
by hfoxe16
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |