Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

i see a few smokeys..drill down into wsfc's recruiting for 2018..beat the premiers last year, beat us twice..strong depth..dont seem to have lost any with sumner back..

the other ones are the teams coming down from div 4..history shows probably one of them will be in the GF..also wary of hvfc..been playing lots of juniors over the last few years and its going to pay off one one day..cant see any big outs for them..kookas have recruited at least 2 guys with league experience..have a unique oval..hard to beat at home..

Agree with the sentiments about Woodville South, played excellent football at times last year, their position on my ladder orginally was under the assumption that Sumner was out, but if he plays the majority of the year they will certainly be in the finals hunt, may be a bit of a logjam between 3 and 7 im feeling.
by JesseWhite
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Solid effort from Jy Farrar being selected in the draft last night, good luck to him up at the Gold Coast!
by JesseWhite
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2020

lumeqopo wrote:Dont win too may flags on your home deck. Having 2 or 3 games at Thebby far more adventageous.

Considering the Grand Final is at Norwood Oval this year, I would say its a disadvantage.
by JesseWhite
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Crows just picked Bryce Gibbs in the Rookie Draft.

Its for salary reasons, he will still be at South next year.

How does that work though - being on Crows AFL list, when they have a reserves team, and being allowed to play for South Adelaide?

They will delist him after moving him to rookie, allows them to salary dump.
by JesseWhite
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

Interesting write up in the Tiser.

Ex-Irish downhill skiing Olympian Patrick McMillan joins Adelaide Footy League club Pooraka
From the Winter Olympics to division five of the Adelaide Footy League – Irishman Patrick McMillan is trading alpine adrenaline for Aussie rules.

Now, three years later, the former Olympian is getting ready to try his luck with Australian rules football.

McMillan, who also took part in the Men’s Super-G and Alpine events at the PyeongChang Games, has joined Pooraka for the 2021 division five Adelaide Footy League season.

The 29-year-old relocated to Australia just seven months after his Olympics debut, in which he finished 52nd in the men’s downhill.

He has been living in Adelaide for the past year, saying the decision to quit skiing was made due to lack of funding and a heap of stress the sport placed on his body.

“After we finished (the Olympics) at the end of February I skied until May but skiing in Ireland is hard enough as we don’t have any mountains or snow,” McMillan said.

“Basically there wasn’t enough support from the Federation and from the Irish ski association. “I was going out there and risking it all, not getting the funding that is really required to do the sport.

“I had also had plenty of injuries and it was kind of taking its toll on me.”

McMillan, who also played rugby union as a teenager in Ireland, said many of his friends from his hometown in Clare had made the move to Australia and he decided to follow.

He lived in Sydney before moving to Adelaide and was persuaded to join the Bulls this year by two workmates.

“I had been mulling it over to either play rugby union again or give Aussie rules a go and I was finally convinced to try footy,” McMillan said.

“It’s a great sport.

“To be honest, the first year I was here I wasn’t too keen on it, compared to union it’s so wild.

“But then I moved to Adelaide and started to support Port Adelaide and I started to enjoy the game a lot more.

“Now I have a lot more of an appreciation for the sport and how it’s played.”

McMillan said he was focused on developing before the start of the footy season.

He was aiming to to make the Bulls’ A grade side and then win a premiership – an improvement from Pooraka’s first-round finals exit in 2020.

“I am still learning all the rules and the structure of the game, but everyone has been very helpful.” McMillan, of Prospect, said.

“I hope to win a flag.

“I am very confident in the group of lads that are there.”

But he says skiing at the Olympics is a memory he will always hold close.

“To finally get into the Olympics and get to represent Ireland and watch the flag raising ceremony with the national anthem was probably the best moment of it.

“Then of course the actual race was great.

“Representing my country with my fellow teammates is something I’ll never forget.”
by JesseWhite
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Friday Night GF before the AFL on the Saturday would be one hell of a weekend!
by JesseWhite
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 3

I feel like people are also missing the fact that there will be no promotion (again) for clubs if you take the point of view the number of your division matters.

It really comes down to the perspective you have I suppose.
by JesseWhite
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best / Consistent Clubs last 10+ years

Thought id give a little summary based on the above.

Most Promoted: Athlestone (3), Glenunga (6), Kenilworth (3), Kilburn (3), North Haven (3), Old Ignatians (3), Scotch OC (3), Smithfield (3), SPOC (3), Unley Mercedes (3), WOS (3), Woodville South (4)

Least Movement (Times Promoted or Relegated): Adelaide Uni (2), Broadview (1), Central United (2), Flinders Park (2), Goodwood (0), Lockleys (2), Mawson Lakes (2), Mitcham (1), Port Dst (1), PAOC (1), ROC (1), Sal Nrth (1), Seaton (2), Walkerville (2),

* Did not include teams with less than 10 Years in AdFL

Most Relegated: Adel Luth (3), Athelstone (3), B Lodge (3), Eastern Park (4), Gepps (5), Greenacres (3), Kilburn (4), Modbury (3), Para Hills (3), Pooraka (3), Portland (3), Rosewater (3), West Croydon (3), Woodville South (3)
Did you just get home from court?

I have a lot of spare time on weekends.
by JesseWhite
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Be interesting to see how Trinity go this week in both grades playing against Kilburn.Trinity had an easy run last year choosing to stay in div 6 going through undefeated in both grades can't see Trinity matching Kilburns aggression at the ball and the body Trinity will be scared to put there head over the ball and won't be able to win the hard ball leaving all their outside runners with no possessions predict Trinity looses in both grades bringing their undefeated run to an end big win in both grades for Kilburn

Grammar is your friend.
by JesseWhite
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/351467143_6442298745826429_3445548460746707282_n.png?stp=dst-png_s640x640&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeGpPjhQehsIFYNmn8foNn-VIBSONkt86pAgFI42S3zqkOgR2DHRGleebqkICwYGKsY&_nc_ohc=_Y6zRPH0jAwAX8wo6XB&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=00_AfD1I7dBYjoLflAiNcjnfG8bFh5fssAtfV0ZbblqvBrAmQ&oe=6484449F

It bothers me more than it should that the Premiership Axis has increments of 0.5
by JesseWhite
Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |