Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Top 5 for 2018

Lockleys is the the team to beat. They have been around the mark for a while now and have the depth many clubs can only dream of in div5. They have kept the nucleus from the side from the last couple of years and added some more quality. A well coached and drilled team. This could be the year they finally make the big dance and a dominant season from the demons would not surprise anyone. A lock for the double chance.

CBOC arguably were the second best side last year and would be disappointed not to have made their way out of Div5. Under fist year coach last year and with some exciting recruits CBOC were a formidable outfit at their best. One would expect further improvement with another preseason under the guidance of the coaching group and with further quality players added to what was a deep and even playing list CBOC sit at the pointy end of the ladder again in 2018. Top 3 would be the minimum expectation and we all know anything can happen from there.

BOS are for me the biggest unknown. As with Lockleys, BOS could easily have been promoted over the last few years with a couple of dominant seasons had. Last year might have been slightly below par but some added depth was a real positive. With a new coach coming from Div1 I expect BOS to be the best drilled team and have team structures rarely seen at this level.  If they are able to acquire even a few players with the coach they could do some serious damage and take the big step in finals type footy.  Finals is a sure thing but the sky is the limit.

Pulteney will be looking to continue their improvement after what was a dominant display in Div6 last year. However some key players from last year not available again could  prove costly. With a couple of decent additions to the playing group taking time to gel might mean a slow start. If previous seasons are any indication depth shouldn't be an issue. Last year saw them catch sides out with their game style however this year will be a significant improvement in quality opposition. Finals footy or fail.

Smithfield are the sleeping giant make no mistake. Anything is possible with this mob after racing up the grades they were found out last year after losing some key personal. If they are able to gain some of those blokes back for 2018 then lookout. Always a formidable outfit at home they should be looking to all games out there which in turn sees them right around the mark with a few wins on the road. Top end talent will take them along way but depth could be the issue. Finals looks likely.

Woodville South

Hope Valley

Hectorville

Ingle Farm

Kenilworth

Good luck to all teams for 2018 I'll be keeping a close eye on Div5 with no involvement at any club this year I look forward to watching and enjoying footy
by oldman
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Glenunga are going to be the 'most overratted' team this year. Between each div is a pretty big step these days, like alot of you people have stated previously, its not about the guns, its the depth y'all have.

I know I’m looking forward to watching teams like kilburn, eastern park and gepps cross all have seriously good wins against glenunga.. your kidding yourself if you think the top teams in div 5 can match it with the top teams in div 4! Huge difference

I cant see Glenunga knocking off EP, they wont get close to them. I reckon it will be a repeat of previous year when the 2 div 5 sides came up and went straight back down. Only thing that may stop 1 of em is salisbury. Kilburn v edwardstown GF, heard it here first.

Kilburns top 8-10 will be far better than glenungas, or anyone for that sake, kilburns depth this year is the best in years. Expect their 2s to be playing finals, be call I know but will have plenty of depth.

Believe me Zed, there is a very big gap between Kilburn, Gepps X, Eastern Park, Edwardstown CLG etc etc and top end Div 5. Expect Glenunga to be ok but stand outs, top 3, nup.

glenunga is the team to beat with clg obviously right up there..round 9 looms as a big game..
by zedman
Tue May 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Glenunga are going to be the 'most overratted' team this year. Between each div is a pretty big step these days, like alot of you people have stated previously, its not about the guns, its the depth y'all have.

I know I’m looking forward to watching teams like kilburn, eastern park and gepps cross all have seriously good wins against glenunga.. your kidding yourself if you think the top teams in div 5 can match it with the top teams in div 4! Huge difference

I cant see Glenunga knocking off EP, they wont get close to them. I reckon it will be a repeat of previous year when the 2 div 5 sides came up and went straight back down. Only thing that may stop 1 of em is salisbury. Kilburn v edwardstown GF, heard it here first.

Kilburns top 8-10 will be far better than glenungas, or anyone for that sake, kilburns depth this year is the best in years. Expect their 2s to be playing finals, be call I know but will have plenty of depth.

Believe me Zed, there is a very big gap between Kilburn, Gepps X, Eastern Park, Edwardstown CLG etc etc and top end Div 5. Expect Glenunga to be ok but stand outs, top 3, nup.

glenunga is the team to beat with clg obviously right up there..round 9 looms as a big game..

Personal fave.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue May 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

The common way that they have approached all these incidents, that they are the real victims, not the people in hospital over night greatly informs how it got to this
by jo172
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best / Consistent Clubs last 10+ years

Might be a little hard to read.

Green - higher div than the year before
Red - lower div than the year before.
clubs snapshot.PNG
by The Bedge
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFL Tribunal Listing

JesseWhite wrote:
Wow I cannot believe he got off for that. So inconsistent compared to some of the other stuff people have been rubbed out for.

You're one to talk.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |