Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Not up to Willaston standards, but exceeds Norwoods.
Seriously, the question has to be asked of Norwood.... a player who is sacked by a Country Club because he doesn't meet the standards required to play for them, then passes muster to play for the Redlegs? It beggars belief.
I know what Centrals would have said if he asked to play again under the current circumstances.
They might have said yes after yesterday
We'd rather perfect citizens with limited ability.
by TDJ44
Sun May 27, 2018 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership 2018

under Laird in a last few seasons they finished off seasons well
Last year they flassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshed home and ran a close 3rd
He often has his teams peaking by finals time
We had a very good midfield last year,this season it's lacking in numbers.
Playing someone as a tagger who doesn't win much of the footy and also doesn't have a creative bone in his body makes it tough on our only genuine mid....T.Schiller.
by TDJ44
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Centrals Sunday 1410

GMcG wrote:Central by 4 points.

Hope so
by TDJ44
Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 12 Norwood Vs Port 1/7/18

Similar salary caps
by TDJ44
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central v Norwood

I know its crap and the reason why I don't go every week,it's boring.
by TDJ44
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

gazzamagoo wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:
Brett wrote:I think North will win 2 more games than Centrals and West.

Dogs need another recruit or 2, or yes even 2 games down I think North will win more games.

VERY close to signing an exciting recruit, ex AFL & still young.

Seems a bit late to sign someone else,hope it happens if true.
by TDJ44
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Brodlach wrote:Zac Milbank suggesting that Boyd will be at another SANFL club

Any chance coming back to Dogs.
by TDJ44
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

gazzamagoo wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Hopefully the season goes ahead i fear we might find the end of some clubs
with no patronage at games it maybe hard for a few to survive .

Extremely important to become a member now.

If people can afford it maybe sign a friend or relative up and buy another membership
by TDJ44
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Centrals v North Saturday 1410

Dogs will put 4 quarters together at some point and knock someone off... not sure it will be this week though as the Cocks will be switched on after a loss and furthermore may have a bit too much outside run for us. Oh - and it’s being played at our bogey ground...
Agree that eventually we will put it together.
Probably not this week the cocks will be hard and penetrate our backhalf.
by TDJ44
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 1410

Very optimistic with that margin would think it would be at least a 6-7 goal loss.We dont have anyone big enough ,strong enough or good enough to go with McBEAN they have absolute guns in their side like Snook ,Partington Motlop etc and will be far to good .We cant play 4 qtrs somtimes not even a half and if we do that tomorrow which seems inevitable as we do it every week we will have no chance . The boys will try but we cant win
Fort should be playing, a good match up for McBean.
by TDJ44
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Going out on a limb and will say we will win this one.

Our midget squad will be helped by the wetter, windier conditions. For mine our endeavour and effort has been there but the skills haven't, this will help on a cold winters day,

Dogs in upset by 3 goals.

Like it, I just want see one win .
by TDJ44
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

southernbulldog wrote:Hope your right, there is no doubt the boys are trying just need to stay in the match longer and do whatever it takes to hang in .

We'd want to get off to a better start than the last 2 games there.
8.3 to 0 in 2018 and 7.3 to 0.1 last year.
by TDJ44
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1410

southernbulldog wrote:Only because we dropped Thompson so its just like for like

I'd prefer Thompson over Marsh with Fort used as backup.
by TDJ44
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Who was the last AFL listed player the club has picked up...……………………….maybe Holman, Potter. Both of them turned out pretty decent.
Seems the club has gone away from that strategy in recent times or I could just be forgetting a few.
John Butcher in 2017, Elliot Kavanagh in 2016 and Bryce Retzlaff in 2014.

Knew you would have the answer. All were pretty decent recruits.

Not sure why we have gone away from looking at committed ex AFL list players. The country NSW tactic just hasn't seemed to cut the mustard in recent years despite proven extremely successful in the 2000's.
We all know that recruiting is tough but our current list of recruits are not giving supporters much confidence.
I'm hoping they prove me wrong ,and hoping the club have some league standard recruits signed up soon.
What happened with Holman's brother coming to the club?
by TDJ44
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

Yep, now that restrictions are easing, a couple of players can now come to the club & be interviewed. If we can secure 2 or 3 more players in the next 3 to 4 weeks, things will be looking much better,
I'm wondering if we're still trying to re-recruit Buderick from the NT?
Joel Budarick, jai Nanscawen and mitch Bunworth were recruited by the club last year but went home because of covid.
Any chance we'll see any of them return.
Would LOVE to get Budarick back,
you'll never see Nanscawen at our club though.
Dunno about Bunworth.
Do you know if the club are even attempting to get Budarick back.
by TDJ44
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

Harry Grant, 173 cms, 79 kgs.
Matt Neagle, 185 cms, 80 kgs.
Dallas Hill, 195 cms, 101 kgs.
Dylan Morton,
Jamie Coff, 197 cms, 86 kgs.
Together with Jack Sutton, Aiden Grace, Jacob Templeton, Billy Iles & Jaxon Neagle, we seem to have recruited rather well!
Maybe not as doom & gloom as some might think!
Hopefully a couple more still.
by TDJ44
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

DOC wrote:Jack Hannath almost a certainty.

If not Michael Knoll.

I have heard Centrals have got a lot of ruck options.

Yep please take Marsh.
by TDJ44
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1310

A bit of a scare but a great performance
by TDJ44
Sat May 22, 2021 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 Eagles v Port Saturday 1435

Mc Farlane also goal of the week contender. Valuable addition to the side. 20 goal turn around from the first game.
Lonergan under-rated, he does a lot of clever clearance work and body positioning. Hayes back to his best. Thompson faultless display.
Tsitas must be in the running for the MM. Always under the eyes of the umps.
I was sitting in the cricket club and the Zane Williams goal would have made Eddie Betts proud. Stengel's goal at the same end wasn't bad either .
I'm surprised that Williams was able to play after that terrible jaw injury from the previous week .
He was listed in the Eagles injury list with a jaw injury from the Hoskin incident.
by TDJ44
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 2.10

andyw wrote:I still have memories (bad) of that game in1974 as a 9 year old . 49 goals to 13 . hopefully its not quite as bad today :) :D

It would be nice to kick 13 goals.
by TDJ44
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Looks like Central is going to take the chance/risk of getting rid of players who have had plenty of chances at league level, so as to create some room in the (meagre) salary cap.
It's looking to me like Thommo wanted his first year primarily to see what talent we have, he blooded a lot of players, now he's culling the players that he thinks won't make it.
It's going to be a very interesting few months ahead!
He'll have to cull a few.....starting with our ruckman.
by TDJ44
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:I thought Haydon had retired already ,as there was no mention of why he didn't play the last month or so.
Any recruits worth talking about yet?

Zac Beuchner, Clarence captain, full back. Big boy.

That's good ,hoping we can recruit some quality mids and a big forward or two.
by TDJ44
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:A couple of clubs were chasing ex Hawks big man Michael Hartley, but have missed out as he signed with Collingwood's VFL side.

Centrals were one of them I'm guessing.
by TDJ44
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:
Surely distance from CBD isn't a factor given Elizabeth would be about the same distance as Noarlunga?

Noarlunga would be harder to get to these days now the Northern expressway is in place.

It's just an excuse we use because of our poor recruiting.
by TDJ44
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

gazzamagoo wrote:What happens if a SANFL club has the same issues.
Will the AFL help us out, by letting us borrow players from either the power reserves or Crows reserves?

They don't care,the AFL is shit.
by TDJ44
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial matches

Hazydog wrote:He was named in the ressies on Saturday - did he play?

Yes he did,wears a helmet.
by TDJ44
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's time to give Jakob Thomson an opportunity.
I really don't understand why we kept playing Marsh the last couple of seasons.
He couldn't kick or mark a footy,needed someone kicking a few high balls for practice before a game.
by TDJ44
Tue May 03, 2022 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2022

Hope im wrong but it looks like we will finish with 4 wins again this season ,same as last.
Norwood are flying ,Adelaide might be a chance depending on how many AFL players they have and doubt we would beat Glenelg at Glenelg.
So for some improvement we have shown it is not going to improve our win/loss record .
I guess i will be a matter next season of who we can retain from this year and if we can pick up a few good recruits in comparison to who we will lose .

Very unlucky against Sturt,
should have beaten South at the start of the year,
up against a stacked side yesterday,
very easily could have been 7 & 8,
we're on the right track,
we just need a genuine ruckman.

And lost by just 1 point,
turned out to be 2 from 5 BUT could easily have been 4 from 5,
we're getting there.
Slowly getting there.
We need to score more,it's been over 80 games since we hit 100 points.
Need 2 key forwards who can mark and provide a contest.
Need 2 quality onballers .
Don't necessarily need a ruckman.
We have Thomson,Ryan,Fort and McCormack who can ruck.
by TDJ44
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 in an 18 game Season Glenelg v Central

Yep some of this seasons recruits didn't deliver but its tough in a new environment first up. Look at Billy Iles; played all season in the twos with one league game and now will be a Top 6 finisher in the league BandF.
Reckon this year has seen big progress from Lange Montgomerie Iles and Llewellyn with Cowham and Whitelum showing they are up to the level.
Shaw and East have set a platform and hopefully can take it to a new level next season. Looking forward to seeing what Tyson Richard, Dudley and Deakin can do in 2023 now that they have a taste, and Ethan Gant (still a kid) finished the season in the twos with a couple of crackers and has a skillset that will make him a handy league player.
Can't wait to see Barreau back (one of our best 5 players).
Plenty of solid role players... just need a couple of top notch recruits, one in ruck and one elite mid.
Billy Iles was performing well last season,Thommo was selecting Haydon and Habel instead for some reason.
Personally I think we should spend more time looking for midfielders and a reliable fwd than a ruckman.
We need 2 elite mids to help Trav and Pres.

IMHO a tall marking forward should definitely be our number one priority. Our problem isn't so much getting it into our forward 50, it is converting once it is in. We won the I50 count in the majority of matches this season, particularly in the second half of the year. A couple of mids would certainly not hurt, taking the pressure off Trav and Pres, yes. The inclusion of a tall marking forward would also help our mids by giving them someone to look for, straightening up our game. A ruckman would be handy but not our number one priority, certainly not a tap ruckman anyway. Over 80% of taps are ineffective in most matches of football; we have won Grand Finals roving to the opposition's ruckman. If we are going to get a ruckman, then it needs to be a mobile one who can take marks around the ground.
Cheers
Definitely need a tall marking forward or two.
Yes we won the i50 count but the problem is the poor foot skills.
We miss way too many opportunities because of our ordinary skills and decision making.
This is why we need some mids or anyone who can hit a target going fwd.
by TDJ44
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

southernbulldog wrote:Jez & Louie McClennan signed and coming home to the Dogs .

Great they back but are we getting some experienced quality mids.
by TDJ44
Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 10 Centrals vs Eagles X CONVENIENCE OVAL SAT 17/6 2:1

Both are suspensions every day of the week. Especially the Comma one given he’s got a concussion out of it. The incident was not in play and completely unnecessary. Re the Sinor one, shaping to bump a player with his head over the ball like that is just plain stupid.

Absolutely spot on. Anyone with any understanding of footy (take out bias Centrals supporters in these cases) will agree the suspensions are 100% warranted, chuck in their records this year, and no wonder the Club accepted the penalties straight away.
No Centrals bias at all .
The fact that people believe an incident like McCormacks is a suspension is why football is a joke.
A free kick is all that is warranted from the incident if anything.
The collier dawkins tackle shouldn't have been sited either, it was just a hard tackle nothing else.
Far too many players are getting reported for minor incidents, I'm sure we'll have a few during the finals where people's opinions will differ.
by TDJ44
Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 First Semi Final, Sturt v Central District

Centrals are much improved in the 2nd half of the season however this weekends result is purely dependant on which Sturt team rocks up this Sunday.

Sturt at their best are better clearance wise, number of effective disposals and tackle wise compared to Centrals. Hence why over a season their win loss and scores for records are better than Centrals. (no diff in scores against)

Sturt come to play they win this easy. However if Sturt go all timid like they did in the last half, last Sunday . Dogs will get the chocolates as they are peaking but their current peak isn’t as good as Sturts best.

Plus Sturt won’t be resting a bloke at half time for next week.
Lycett was not rested at half time.
He kicked a goal on the 3 qtr time siren.
He did appear to hurt himself during a centre bounce contest also in the 3rd qtr.
by TDJ44
Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |