Search found 193 matches

Return

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Not up to Willaston standards, but exceeds Norwoods.
Seriously, the question has to be asked of Norwood.... a player who is sacked by a Country Club because he doesn't meet the standards required to play for them, then passes muster to play for the Redlegs? It beggars belief.
I know what Centrals would have said if he asked to play again under the current circumstances.
by northerner
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v West Sat 1410

That was the very reason why I rarely go to the footy anymore.

Almost sound like you've been a bit spoiled and can't handle some tough times.
Bloke, as you may or may not know, I've been going since I was about 6, 54 now. I've been thrown out of every suburban ground, arrested at Footy Park (for blowing a bloody horn, for crying out loud) & have witnessed some huge thrashings, mostly by the Magpies (RIP).
The reason I hardly go now is because of the style of the game, it's boring garbage, everyone runs down one end, scramble scramble scramble, then everyone rushes back to the other end.
by GMcG
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Central v Sturt Sat 1410

Insipid,soft, weak as piss.
by Grenville
Sat May 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Central v Sturt Sat 1410

Grenville wrote:Insipid,soft, weak as piss.

NO! I won't have it.

We would have to improve 50% to be that good. :evil:
by Groucho
Sat May 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Centrals Fri 1920

Absolutely no argument here but we are in the minority
by southernbulldog
Sun May 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Centrals Fri 1920

I've only seen the first half and a bit, but not getting carried away with the win. We can be very dangerous when things are on our own terms, but Centrals (unusually for them) really allowed it by being below par with their pressure early and their skill errors that prevented scoring opportunities their way regularly lead to scores in our favour.
Those skill errors are consistent each week.

Central players don't seem to have any problems hitting a player on the chest lace out with either hand or foot when they are wearing the opposition jumper! :evil: :(
by Groucho
Sun May 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District v Port Adelaide R10

WE SUCK!!

We are the worst team in the S.A.N.F.L.
I don't believe we will win another game this season (not too sure about next season either.)
We never kick more than 9 - 10 goals a game.We wouldn't beat our Reserves team or the lowest ranked women's league team.

North to win by 20 goals next week. :evil:
by Groucho
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd rather Buckets over Fort.
Just 30 inside 50s and we had 57 more disposals .
We play not to score just like other teams would against us in years gone.
We are boring.....first option is either backwards or sideways.

No disagreement on Buckets at all,the great man deserves 1st ruck easily. But how good would Darcy have been as 2nd ruck? I said recently our game plan is garbage, we will go nowhere with it.
by Grenville
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Defensively we structured up better but we don’t have the midfield to run and pressure all day with this game plan
by UK Fan
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals v Glenelg Sat 1410

Terrible skills, the very reason why I keep away from most games, sooooooooo hard to watch. Luckily we won.
by GMcG
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs West Richmond oval 14/7

Well done West too good.

I can't believe how much joy Centrals bring to people every week, only problem is it is the other team's players and supporters. I can' remember what it's like to enjoy a game of football (or red rover all over as it is these days) including the last 2 wins which were ugly horrible games.

Anyone who likes a bet, put as much as you feel comfortable gambling with on Adelaide to record their only win of the season next week against Central at Elizabeth, 5 goals +.

Remember gamble responsibly and you heard it here first.

PS. In fact 5 games left in this horrible season bet on whoever Central play by at least 10 goals every week and you will end up in front (Adelaide, Sturt, Norwood, Port, Eagles.)
by Groucho
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership 2018

bulldogproud wrote:Yep, looking like a Norwood versus Eagles GF for me, with Norwood winning.
Looking at their playing list, it is no surprise that Norwood are red-hot favourites. How they manage to have that much talent under the salary cap is phenomenal.
Cheers

What salary cap? :? :)
by Groucho
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

. Surprised Butch has been named, he was hobbling noticeably late last week.

Just because he has been named doesn't mean he will play. Our selectors have a habit of naming players that have no intention of playing. i.e. Trent last week. It really annoys me as it only fools us supporters and doesn't affect aour opponent who usually know any way.
by Groucho
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

It’s a relatively young group that lacks a self assured, hard nosed, straight running type or two that can make the correct decision under pressure, when momentum is against them. Someone like a Kirkwood, Panos or Cross.
I also reckon the game plan is a physically exhausting one, asking a lot of a youngish group, and is one that takes a lot of developing within a squad, which is made so much harder with the larger turnover of players year to year that seems to be the norm now.
by Hazydog
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central v Norwood

I left the ground not feeling angry but disillusioned. If that is the game style we are pursuing as a club we will go absolutely nowhere. The young kids being introduced haven't got a hope in hell of learning the craft or developing as players playing that crap. Norwood barely got out of neutral, had us by the balls all day. Shattered.
by Grenville
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

TDJ44 wrote:Will Goodrem and Jenner be at the dogs in 2019?

yes
by GMcG
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Even if I wasn't a North supporter I'd be praying for a Roosters win. Eagles play boring football and their supporters bring nothing to a GF atmosphere wise.

Eagles $1.64 favs
North $2.25

North haven't been favs in any game come the start of the finals games so far.
by Wedgie
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Is everyone forgetting about the failed game day test? Not sure he will be able to play football anywhere.
by cennals05
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hannath gets more of it than Matt White his replacement tbf
by UK Fan
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Central have signed former Glenelg and Adelaide University ruckman Damon Robinson, brother of one of my students.
Cheers.
Did he only play reserves?
Do any of the Glenelg supporters know much about him?

Aged 23, only reserves games so far but Damon was named on Glenelg's extended interchange late last season. Norwood were also having a look at him but he chose to come to the Ponderosa, for which i am glad.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogs have signed former Gold Coast/Bay player Timmy Sumner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Sumner_(footballer)
by UK Fan
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tim wants to play under Roy & FULLY understands his obligations, he wants to have a red hot crack at getting back into playing good footy at a top level.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TDJ44 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
whufc wrote:Reckon we are getting desperate

We wouldn’t of picked up Sumner back in the glory day with the ‘no dickhead policy’

He’ll be better than Mahoney lbh

Is Mahoney still playing for us?

Yes.
by Big Phil
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

he's just ticketyboo :D
by gazzamagoo
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Live scores, results & discussion...

TDJ44 wrote:
Groucho wrote:Certain 2 points next game.

Do you mean we'll win or 2 points in the 2nd qtr

Win of course!
by gazzamagoo
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Glenelg

gazzamagoo wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Doggies side for the big clash

https://cdfc.com.au/news/league-round-7-team-selection/

This has the makings of a really good side, we need to somehow keep most of them together.

It does, still badly lacking in height for mine though.
by Grenville
Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We were very, very poor. Bays were toying with us. Our cause wasn't helped by being knobbled at the selection table, it was ridiculous the lack of height and size in our team.
by Grenville
Sun May 19, 2019 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We were very, very poor. Bays were toying with us. Our cause wasn't helped by being knobbled at the selection table, it was ridiculous the lack of height and size in our team.

Correct. Fraser Fort was the only tall to contribute. We have no genuine tall up fwd and Madden was our onlt tall defender and he has been dwarfed against Brampton and McBean in consecutive weeks. And we have no ruckman who is able to contribute in any meaningful way at all. Usually I see reason behind some of our selection/recruiting decisions but to release Hannath and take on 3 unknowns seemed bizarre given Forts elevation to AFL.

On the flipside, Glenelg were very impressive. Balanced and brave. Good decision making and excellent overhead. And decent players still to return.
It's called planning for the future! Hannath had to go, wasn't going to succeed & the new guys are young & will get better.

With the SANFL comp eroding in relevance before our eyes, planning for the future that far in advance is questionable.
I’d suggest the 3 young ruckmen in question will need another couple of seasons at least to be genuinely competitive. No guarantee they will still be with us then as it seems the competition trend is towards a more transient playing list. Maybe that’s where we are behind the times in our thinking as we know what price Roy puts on loyalty and perseverance.
by Hazydog
Wed May 22, 2019 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Sturt

I can’t recall seeing a worse reversal paid in ages.
Disgraceful decision.
by Spargo
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

After Wilson’s incompetence in the first test he should have been banned for life.
Staggering he was allowed to umpire just two tests later
by Jim05
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Maybe Starc would hVe been handy with a decent yorker or two at Leach at the end.
by northerner
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 2nd Semi Final - Glenelg v Powerserves

Tribunal postponed until tomorrow night. Awaiting a medical report.

I'm sure the Bays will be open and honest. All good.

Concussed & vomiting that night I’m hearing.
Which gutless strike caused it will be interesting. No doubt Glenelg will do right thing.
Garner still not sighted? Hamish must’ve missed that one...

You get what you deserve.....

Not sure who you’re talking about here?

I'm referring the brainless PAFC repeat offenders
by mots02
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is obviously still affecting him.
by DOC
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The sun seems to cause that same problem every match he plays in, even when looking down.
by spell_check
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He pleaded guilty to 2 charges of Striking in the same game and got off. But according to power fans on Twitter the SANFL are out to get them.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Big Phil wrote:Good chance Daniel Menzel will end up at the Dogs, alongside brother Troy.

Dogs also on the verge of signing a couple of brothers, who are the sons of an AFL legend.

Is it 2018 again
Menzel and brothers who are son of a ex afl player.
by beef
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:Jack Hannath to the bays

No, please no!
by Kahuna
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TDJ44 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Jack Hannath to the bays

We need a ruckman at the dogs

The way he played toward the end of his tenure at The Ponderosa indicated he wasn't a believer in the game plan. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jack Hannath to the bays
We need a ruckman at the dogs

The way he played toward the end of his tenure at The Ponderosa indicated he wasn't a believer in the game plan. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe.

Lets be honest. As admirable and stoic as Laird was, his anti AFL stance has reflected into the way he coaches and the club has suffered in recent years to to keep up with the times. You only need to see that the last 8 grand finals, bar one perhaps ?, have had coaches with AFL influence.
by LMA
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RHM 17 wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Richard Douglas confirmed at Norwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes , he should fit nicely into the spot vacated by Cody Szust who I see has nominated for the draft... 8)

couldnt get a league game at norwood

How surprising !!!!
by southee
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Izzy McKenzie invited to do pre season with West Coast. 3 month contract could roll over to 12 month rookie contract.

DISAPPOINTING!! :( :evil: :twisted:
Agree, he is ready for a big year at Centrals, the good news is we haven't lost anyone in any of these pesky drafts, like we did last year.

Always been a huge Izzy fan

Always felt he was a bit of a whipping boy for a poor performance, but he was one of the few we had with genuine speed and has the knack for making a goal out of nothing which we needed as well.
by whufc
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Back to the topic . It seems this year has been one of the busiest off seasons for clubs with a lot of ins and outs . Seems quite high on comparison to other years.
For some clubs yes they have been busy.
So far only 4 recruits for dogs and missed Jack Hannath.
Are we likely to recruit anyone else
Yes, a big lad from up north, won't join us until the season up there is over in Feb, about 193cms & 95 kgs,
by gazzamagoo
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Zac Milbank suggesting that Boyd will be at another SANFL club

Any chance coming back to Dogs.

Yep, a few suggestions he might be,

Fingers crossed, let's hope so. The no. 9 jumper is available.
by Groucho
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dogs have signed former Box Hill Hawks top up player Jai Nanscawen.

Looks to be a young, quick goal kicking midfielder who played TAC Cup with the Dandenong Stingrays.
by Big Phil
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few more ins for the Dogs.. (courtesy of SANFL site)

Jai Nanscawen (Dandenong Stingrays), Mitch Bunworth (Palmerston Magpies), Joel Buderick (NT Thunder/Nightcliff),
Brett Kennedy (South Adelaide)

Any thoughts on Kennedy from Panther fans? Is he a mid, tall etc..?

Ryan Carnelly is also back at the dogs. He will play League, fittest one on the track, good skills.
by daysofourlives
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hufc"]

Agree we need depth but more importantly imo we need more league standard players, adding that would naturally add depth

I think our depth is fine... lots of guys who can play a reasonable role at league level.

Our issue is lack of elite players who can significantly impact on a game. Daniel Menzel is one such player, takes us to 5.... still short by two or three.
Menzel, Menzel, Hoskin, Boyd, Schiller, Schiller,
I reckon Presbury will step up now as well, we're getting there.

Boyd was the one I didn't add, based on his last season.
You are right on Pres... also guys like Furnell, Dew, McLean and Fort. Several guys have not stepped up to that next level over the last 2 or 3 years and under a different coach/approach and a does of luck with injuries (esp Dew, Furnell and Connor) might yet be ready to become that impact player they can be.
by northerner
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

14 game season , each SANFL club plays each other twice. Port and Crows can play with themselves.

Home and away finishes last week in August.

Finals (top four) in September.
by DOC
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

southernbulldog wrote:Hopefully the season goes ahead i fear we might find the end of some clubs
with no patronage at games it maybe hard for a few to survive .

Extremely important to become a member now.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Back on topic, I had a driveway meeting with a CDFC board member yesterday,
Our club will be much better off NOT playing this year & I think that's probably what ALL clubs will be hoping for now.
Centrals is debt-free from next year, we should be able to bunker down & hang on until then.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |