Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

How did Sevenhill go on Sunday whufc?

The day was a 3 way comp with a league points table in the end each team won a game so it was decided by NRR

We lost to Spalding thanks to great batting efforts by a couple of theirs and 4 overs in particular of bad bowling.

South Gawler flogged Spalding by over 70 runs

We then beat South Gawler with four overs to spare and missed out on winning the day by 0.2 NRR or 5 balls apparently.

That was our first competitive t20 game as a playing group so we were really happy with our performance considering south play them regularly and Spalding has played a couple of internals apparently
by whufc
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angler wrote:Having a week off before finals is ridiculous IMO. There’s a few things the association needs to sort out going forward.

Is Steve Hocking on the association committee?
by Tony Clifton
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really good day out at Sevenhill yesterday. Obviously NACA got the win but admittedly probably got fortunate bowling first in one of those tosses that was best to lose.

Interesting to hear a few of the Stanley boys somewhat disheartened about the competition at the moment, in particular the lack of cricket that gets played. Acknowledging some was forced due to covid but even a full schedule only means 12 days of cricket in the entire. The blokes I spoke to felt this was a massive deterrent to finding players as the season never really feels like it gets going. Sevenhill A Grade in particular have played one game of cricket since December 12.

Not sure the answer but I must admit after playing PDCA which plays roughly 20 days of cricket it was hard to be motivated by a 12 games season, given you know 1 or 2 will be missed because of rain/heat, most players miss one due to personal reasons.

For comparison purposes.

Stanley 31 Oct - 27 March (12 games plus 3 weeks of finals)
NACA 31 Oct - 13 March (14 games plus 3 weeks of finals)

Stanley is currently an extra 2 weeks longer to fit in 2 games less of cricket.

The bye doesn’t help the Stanley A Grade fixture. But I reckon the NACA have got it right- 14 games, 40 overs per side is perfect IMO.

The 14 games is spot on, think Stanley might need to look at adding a few extra games, maybe you play teams close to you on the previous seasons ladder an extra time a bit like the AFL, I remember one year that we did well I only batted 5 times for the year.

From a playing point of view I prefer the 45 overs but got to admit the extra time 40 frees up has been appreciated by me this year. Always finished before 6 back in Spalding for 7 and dinner with the fam at a reasonable hour. At times the 45 meant we weren’t finishing to 630ish.

I think Zwecky is president of Stanley at the moment, real tough gig for him but I think he can do a great job, his heart is definitely in it and I think he really wants to see the comp grow.

Tough call and maybe unpopular opinion, do they move Auburn/Mintaro into the b grade comp, make it 6 teams, 15 games play each team 3 times with no bye. That would make for a longer a grade comp whilst also strengthing the struggling b grade comp.
by whufc
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |