Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I have often wondered what would happen if the power cheer squad and fans in general just dumped the teal. Only black and white flags at the ground, magpies chant etc.. If the fans wanted to they could probably change it but have accepted it.
The merchandise $$ would dry up as all the fan gear has the teal.

Exactly why the fans would win..if the AFL couldn't sell teal and letting the power have black and white meant $$ then they would ultimately yield. If I did see the port AFL side as the original and actively supported them would not support the teal one bit. Assuming it is the real port then wearing it is a slap in the face. Not only 3 blue & white sides but the crows were let in when Fitzroy already had those colours. If port power didn't want to deliberately separate themselves into a new entity then they sure got bent over hard by the AFL.
by Alex
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State game - SANFL v WAFL @ Adelaide Oval Sat. 12/5

This is the second best game of the year behind the GF....sad that it's been treated like this by the SANFL.

Side wise....is Summerton injured? Disgrace if he isn't picked otherwise. Our midfield looks good with Grigg, Panos, Schiller, Kirkwood etc but otherwise would have to say it is one of the weakest state sides I've seen in years or since I actively started watching state footy back in the mid to late 90's.

WA side not too bad really, will give us a run even at home. Hoping we still have the grunt in the middle to get up though.

SA by 8 points, Grigg for the medal.

Summerton playes for an afl reserves side. Should not be allowed to play.

Don't see what difference that makes since he isn't an AFL listed player. Should have been picked based on merit and he deserves a spot
by Alex
Fri May 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State game - SANFL v WAFL @ Adelaide Oval Sat. 12/5

I heard on 5AA on Saturday morning that the SANFL GM come on and offer giveaway tickets to the match. To me it suggest they could not sell all their ticket allocation. Not that much interest in the SANFL community.

$35 a ticket was a rip off is probably why...I couldn't give a stuff about the crows vs power game afterwards so that added $0 value. Probably others felt likewise
by Alex
Sun May 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Port v West Sun 1410

Its not about the result....its all about Port Power who couldn’t give a stuff about the Magpies and the SANFL. .

EFA
True!

At least you admit it and don’t pretend otherwise.

Just change your name to the Power reserves(officially) and wear their guernseys and leave the Magpies to RIP.

No, let the magpies go back to what they were before Brenton Sanderson ruined the SANFL as a smokescreen for his shit coaching.
by Alex
Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Crows and power are contrived fake rubbish for the stupid controlled masses. Yesterday was real tribal SA footy the way it should be. If only it could be like that more often. You really appreciate what the state has lost post 1990 after a game like that...Really happy the Roosters broke their drought too.
by Alex
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

The sooner the connection between Port power and Port Magpies is dissolved the better. Nobody actually likes how it is now and the proof is there that it hasn't done anything to help the AFL Port Adelaide team. Adelaide crows reserves to piss off and a non power affiliated magpies to resume. The SANFL has turned into scripted WWE wrestling type sport where the magpies are the heel, allowed only to be competitive but never win the title. The rigged umpiring against the AFL teams is beyond comical.
:D :D :D
Pfft just piss off all together, don't want you in the comp in any shape or form.

The way Port carry on is like the jealous little brother towards the Crows and the SANFL. Its very much like the way South Australians carry on against anything Victorian.

I love the SANFL and don't care one way or the other about the Crows.
by Alex
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Also, Port never left the SANFL because they outgrew it. The team that went into the AFL was crows #2. Contrived meaningless AFL franchise crap that tried to feed off the Port heritage (when it suits and disown it at others). I just LOL at how the merchandise all use to say established 1997 until a few years back when suddenly they decided that they could say they are the team from 1870. Unfortunately most younger people and morons have now accepted this new revision of history.
by Alex
Tue May 05, 2020 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West End Brewery

West End is a great beer. Still buy it regularly. It's become sadly fashionable in the last 20 years or so to bag domestic mass made product of all kinds..and this is where we wind up.
by Alex
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID

I love the SANFL and want it to be successful as the main priority. I genuinely don't understand how it can make more money thus ensuring its viability without the $400k from the crows coming in though. I hate that the AFL is in the comp to begin with but that damage is now done and I can't see crowds ever increasing from here. The SANFL without a magpies side for everyone to hate/love is just bland.

No one gives a s**t about the power reserves

You wouldn't think that given the amount of complaining about them and relishing in any misfortune for them that goes on here. I also am sure they draw bigger crowds than some other SANFL teams.
by Alex
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

The SANFL crows jumper for this season looks a lot better than the old one
by Alex
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port writes to AFL over SANFL grievances....

None of these problems would exist if we could just go back to Port Magpies and Port Power de merging, keep it separate how it use to be (and was a lot better).
by Alex
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 Port v West Saturday 1435

Well there's a bombshell. The Port Adelaide Football Club's supporters are more invested in their senior side in the AFL than the two's in the SANFL.

Excellent research!

Obviously it is news to you. You stated that it was a "load of shit" that the merger had damaged the interest level of fans in attending Magpies games. Now you seem to be stating that this is the obvious effect. Make up your mind?
by Alex
Fri May 28, 2021 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 Port v West Saturday 1435

I agree with you, that's why it was a genuine question. South have always been the strugglers so wondering if things had fallen to that level yet. It would not have surprised me. Nothing against South, definitely (probably like most people) the team I support 2nd. The Power-Magpies merger damaged the Magpies brand in order to help the Power. It is what it is, I have learned to live with it and still go. Clearly the droves of fans who no longer attend Magpies games have not accepted it and are the majority..

I'm still waiting for Booney to answer this.

This. The Power and the Magpies are both the Port Adelaide Football Club.

There's nothing like it in Australian football, no other suburban club has been elevated to the national competition, no other club had two teams playing under the one club as Port Adelaide did.

But they were not both the PAFC prior to the merger. The PAMFC was separate. The Magpies attendance levels have declined since the merger, hence being damaged by the merger in my opinion.
by Alex
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Wish they could go back to the old system of the Port Power and Crows players being spread amongst the teams. The AFL clubs were actually a lot more successful under this method. 3 flags vs 0 since.

I haven't checked the accuracy but councidentally saw this posted today

" th decade of the 90’s 4 from 10 premierships were won from non Victorian sides.
First decade of 2000’s we had 6 winners from 10.
The second decade has resulted in only two. 1 from last 9 or 2-15.
The decline has come since the Victorian based teams commissioned a review into the game and why they weren't winning enough!

Seems coincidental"

What they failed to realise was a key finding of that enquiry was the advantage non-Victorian sides had with the second tier competitions. Then Sanderson comes from Collingwood after one of their few modern premierships, spruiking the advantage of reserves. Good timing for the Power that wanted the Magpies gone. Destroy a comp for nothing and lose an advantage they had.

Sanderson damaged the SANFL for his own selfish interests and in the end has helped nobody- Not the SANFL, AFL or his own hide in the end is how it seems.
by Alex
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |