Search found 100 matches

Return

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Not up to Willaston standards, but exceeds Norwoods.
by Dogs64
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Centrals v Adelaide Sat 1410

History made today. The Adelaide side was the worst to ever play a league game. Good to get a win ( and on sportsbet), but most of the other Sanfl sides would have won by more. Unfortunately crowd didnt quite make the 4,000 forecast and no rob chapman to witness his reserves players development.
by Dogs64
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Digital Pass Payment

I purchased the digital pass this week from the club. Pretty happy with it. Was less than $30 as the season has progressed (but can see previous games). I'll still go to home games (and South Adelaide - not yes clubs). With the subscription money going to the club, seems like a win. If the sanfl is paying a million dollars to channel 7 (?) To telecast, seems like a significant waste of money.
by Dogs64
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

But shouldn't players training more, getting paid more, having access to more doctors, physios, fitness gurus and so on and so on dominate over a team that apparently only trains 2-3 times a week after laying pavers all day long

Playing in two of the last four grand finals and losing by a total of 5 points is a bit of a turn around from the previous decade, when at a guess they probably made the finals once. As mentioned and per the previous 400 pages it's not just about dominance, more about an "even" playing field. Probably the only competition in the world with such disparity.
by Dogs64
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's a small article in the Portside Messenger by Andrew Faulkner titled, "It's not their game, it's ours". Sorry can't post it. One paragraph; "Yes, some have given the competition away since the AFL incursion. But hang in there people - AFL reserves is coming. Until then the resistance continues.
by Dogs64
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL mid-season draft

Tony Lynn (a best and fairest winner), was taken by Carlton in a mid season draft in 1994. It destroyed our year. If the pathetic SANFL don't stand up for the competition (for the first time in the last decade), it will be the final straw. I see it as a methodology clubs will also use to bolster their reserves sides.
I'm so sick of the SANFLs preparedness to do what's best for the AFL teams and AFL and not our own competition. How much do they want to belittle the importance of a club winning the Premiership.
by Dogs64
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Should replay one quarter, with starting scores from end of the third.

The rule re the captain having to notify the umpires isn't necessarily very workable or fair.
by Dogs64
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

Wedgie wrote:Forecast for the weekend is low 20s and fine.

Is that a forecast of how many north players on the ground and the punishment?
by Dogs64
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v Woodville West Torrens

[quote="RB"]I think all the bendover clubs should be disqualified and South Adelaide and Centrals should play in the GF.[/quote
Damn, can't like twice.
by Dogs64
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 AFL mid season draft

Whilst not exactly the same there are SAAFL clubs who feed players to SANFL clubs and they've dealt with it for years.

Devils advocate here, I don't like the prospect of SANFL players leaving mid-year but clubs below the SANFL have dealt with it for years.
I think Jason Sutherland might have been a case in point going back a few years, seem to remember he was contracted with Berri and debuted for us late in the season ended with an SANFL Premiership medallion. :?:

NB: I can't remember sure how much it affected his country club at the time, so happy for fellow 'Dogs fans to rip me a new one on this point regarding its relevance.

A generation ago and a different era I realise, but I can recall the gut-wrenching frustration and anger at losing Tony Lynn to Carlton mid season one year.

This, did anyone at the time cry bloody murder on behalf of Berri? I would doubt it, they would have been thrilled for the bloke to get an opportunity at a higher level.

As mentioned, he also played in a premiership for Berri that year, the two clubs worked together.
by Dogs64
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

UK Fan wrote:Norwood under salary cap investigation im hearing

Hmmm, what does the Sanfl need a yes vote on?
by Dogs64
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roy Laird’s last season coaching

Sad day for the club. Roy has been an amazing coach over his tenure. I'd imagine one of the lowest paid and hardest working coaches over his time. He's demonstrated an amazing passion for the club over his 32 year involvement. He's shown hard work can pay off and get results- nobody could have done better in any of his coaching years. Thank you Roy.
by Dogs64
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A legend. In recent years have particularly appreciated his honesty when it comes to the afl interlopers and refusal to toe the party line. Much respect.
Was just about to write the same. Pretty much a lone, "active" voice in an SANFL role against the AFL centric system and the terrible bowing to the AFL to destroy our league. Wasn't afraid to voice his honest opinion which most often was reflective of the true SANFL supporter with the future of the SANFL his concern.
by Dogs64
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 CDFC Senior Coach

Only caught a small bit of channel 7 sport tonight which had a bit of an interview with Roy laird and must have mentioned it was his last year. Para phrasing, they must have said he's up against south this week, to which he replied along the lines, " I've a lot of sympathy for south they've been hit by the new afl drafts which are a disgrace", then mentioned something about the clubs and the league
by Dogs64
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West v Adelaide Sun 1.10pm

I think the Crows need a minor change to their lineup. Seymour to CHB and Butts to the right back flank
by Dogs64
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lucky the inception of the reserves sides has led to such great success for the Crows and Port in the AFL, imagine how poorly they'd be performing under the "old" system.
by Dogs64
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

“In many ways our SANFL season finished last week in playing Norwood,” Laird said.

“Today we played Port Power reserves.

“That’s been the progress of this competition which I think is sad.”
by Dogs64
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals

Grenville wrote:
Fricky wrote:I can’t believe I’m saying this but I hope to f**k Glenelg win the flag.

It's a strange feeling isn't it. Our only hope is Glenelg winning finals. We're f**ked.

I hope they get annihilated by the crows in the gf, they voted them in.
by Dogs64
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Preliminary Final - Glenelg v Adelaide

Bays 40
Crows 48

I feel like this is the Battle of Britain. Europe has fallen, Britain stands alone against the might of a professional military.
The Tigers would be the Toms, of course.
COME ON BAYS!!!
I liken the bays more to France. They may need to swap sides and join the side of good, when things aren't going that well for them.
by Dogs64
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Preliminary Final - Glenelg v Adelaide

LMA wrote:Pretty simple to understand why they have no support. For the Crows to have supporters in the SANFL their members typically over the age of 40 would have to turn their back on their SANFL team.

Of course, this is what most on this forum understood. Unfortunately 6 clubs and Chapman didn't.
by Dogs64
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:Jeff Andrews from Werribee is my guess

Would be my guess too.

Would hope whom ever it is can bring some good players with them. We can't compete with other teams in recruiting "big name" recruits.
by Dogs64
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

LMA wrote:Do they blast off the paint from the previous year or paint over it? Would be a few thousand microns of black and white paint up the top if it's the latter :D

Just might need archeological expertise to find it. ;)
by Dogs64
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Surely Norwood can use their exemption to everything card and get him off.
by Dogs64
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

bulldogproud wrote:Hearing from a very reliable source that Richard Douglas is off to Norwood.
Cheers

The only ones with room in their "salary cap".
by Dogs64
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brett wrote:With Norwood signing Bastinac they wont be able fit Douglas in . If he was to play SANFL I think maybe Glenelg . He wont go to a team that's lower I wouldn't think and Glenelg have lost some good players so will have a bit of room in the cap.

=))
by Dogs64
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finance Troubles

Still waiting UK Fan's comments. :lol: :lol:

There is no way a reported financial situation like this would go without response on the PAFC boards, does the bloke even support Centrals or did he join SAF in their prime posing as a Dog looking for internet friends.

Either that or I know there is nothing to worry about.

The story in the paper alluded to centrals requesting a further $12k off a water bill.

As I stated on Facebook big deal.

Maybe if PAFC was made to pay its annual $600k licence repayment/ Adelaide oval rent it wouldn’t be an issue for sanfl clubs.

:-({|=

Declining membership is nothing to worry about. What is the club doing to reconnect with its supporters?

Tried to keep the AFL out and maintain the competition integrity and relevance.
by Dogs64
Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ambassadors

I think Gunter Parche and Nadia Comanechi are Norwoods international ambassadors.
by Dogs64
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why would Centrals have him for a fourth time ?

Because he is a very skilful player. He said he had wanted to stay on. Now we have a different coach with a different game plan.

Ive always "rated" Ben as a player. Gets the ball, can run and importantly for us can kick goals. Roy obviously never saw a spot for him (nor did glenelg or eagles), but I'm glad he's back. Clubs need good people, positive influences within the playing group. I dont think he had a good run with injury either. Glad to see Sam Hanna back also, a good utility type player, good at this level.
by Dogs64
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Rumors the Magpies will not exist next year are gaining momentum. Looks increasingly likely there won't be a side from the PAFC in the SANFL. :(
This is what the Power have always wanted. This way they can blame the virus and fold their reserves (keep the gaming license). They only kept the Magpies to appease some naïve supporters that couldn't comprehend a team of Power players is the Power reserves and Steve Summerton was right. Besides me cleaning out my garage, this would be one of the few positives of COVID -19. If they truly wanted to keep the Magpies they could reduce their AFL coaching staff by one down to 46.

You should have stayed in the shed.

I'm just starting to get interested again. A competition with some integrity may soon be plausible.
by Dogs64
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Provided we give Butch a chance leave him forward dont have him half way down the ground like last time he played for us
and get the ball in quickly to give all the forwards a chance.Bit hard for him to kick goals from a wing where he was forced to play from last time.
Significantly the one time he was allowed to go one on one he kicked 6 gave off 2 and surprise surprise we kicked enough to win.

Agreed, keep him forward not as a "stop gap". Great contested mark and brings the ball to ground. Would take the oppositions best defender.
by Dogs64
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Centrals v South 1145 FFS Elizabeth

i re-watched the game and counted 24 times Central kicked the ball straight to South Adelaide, 19 of these were chest marks or in the hands. 5 were ground balls.
There were only 9 instances I counted SA kicking the ball to Centrals.

We aren't any good at the chipping short kicks or back and forward across the ground and across goals. It usually results in a turnover. If we're going to turn it over we may as well kick long out of the 50 metre arc and if it turns over at least the opposition have to work to bring it back in.

Also scoring 5 goals a game would be good if we were playing soccer, but we're not we are playing Australian Rules Football. We need to score 15+ goals and maybe we will win more than we lose.

This"game plan" or style doesn't work. Let's try something else.

100% agree, can't stand the switch that gets intercepted so often due poor skills. If you're going to make an error, make it long. Play with forwards and kick the ball to them, even if it's to a contest (at least it's a contest). Can see some good talent at the club though.
by Dogs64
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agreed, this is disastrous for the league. A cap the equivalent of one average AFL player salary. Surely dictated by the afl to ensure the sanfl is not more attractive for players than the VFL? If so why do the SANFL always fold to AFL whims. Get Roy Laird in to put the sanfl first.
by Dogs64
Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Who the hell was that idiot Central forward that cost his team victory by taking a mark in time on 20 metres out and played on and kicked a point?

Definitely wasnt the right decision, but did kick 3. I thought Toner running through centre half forward, free and kicking straight to a Glenelg player by himself was costly as was Boyds late snap miss. We lost so counts for nothing, but we were as good if not better than them. Not chipping around helps.
Ahhhh, Butcher was it? This arse clown seriously isnt up to SANFL standard, Glenelg should be throwing a few cartons his way at least. That was worse than a C Grade SFL level decision. Good luck to him if he ventures north of Gepps Cross ever again, would be lucky to survive!
He's fifth highest goal kicker in the league, with the 3rd best average at 2.1, having played 3 less games than those ahead of him. Probably involved in more "assists" than most other forwards and has also had to ruck in most games. Also in a team thats won 2 games and largely has struggled to kick the ball inside 50. Glad they got him back.
by Dogs64
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Who the hell was that idiot Central forward that cost his team victory by taking a mark in time on 20 metres out and played on and kicked a point?

Definitely wasnt the right decision, but did kick 3. I thought Toner running through centre half forward, free and kicking straight to a Glenelg player by himself was costly as was Boyds late snap miss. We lost so counts for nothing, but we were as good if not better than them. Not chipping around helps.
by Dogs64
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Thomas announced as Centrals coach!

Fantastic appointment. Paul has been at the club basically his whole life. I remember him at presentations as a toddler, when his father Jamie was playing.
by Dogs64
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

The club's stand on this issue is simple,
We're a different club at Centrals,
it's a different environment than the other clubs & we need to stick to what's best for us,
don't appoint from outside the club because they wouldn't understand how we operate & our culture,
it didn't work with Cowboy,
it didn't work with Kerley,
it didn't really work with Clarko,
success came from the hard work of people like Alan Stewart, Kris Grant, Bill Cochrane & Roy Laird & all the die-hard volunteers who bleed for the club,,
You couldn't get a better Red, White & Blue pedigree than Paul Thomas,
his old man is a legend of the club, as is Paul too & now we have a female Thommo running around,
Port stuck with this principle for years & look where that got them in the SANFL,
we've copied them before & it worked,
time to get back to basics, back to our roots & start to rebuild the winning culture.
At least we'll now have the 100% support of all the players.

Then why did they appoint an outsider for 3 years? Who is taking accountability for that decision?

I think Mark Williams and Port Adelaide should. Mark recommended him, it's a Port conspiracy. No AFL in the SANFL! ;)
by Dogs64
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not 100% sure they'll be in the comp.

If squads go 42 + 2 rookies

Any injuries plus taking emergencies interstate they may not field a full development squad team

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

They will probably be allowed to raid our lists to make their numbers up.

I wouldn’t be joking about this

Koch “If there are smaller (AFL) list sizes that would not stop us being the Magpies, but the SANFL have got to come to the party and make it a level playing field (ability to recruit) on the same basis as the other clubs.
They have to be flexible with that and love us or hate us, I think South Australian football is the better for having a Magpies in the SANFL and that history.'

So they want to spend more to be more competitive if lists are cut.

Contradicting the reason for list cuts

It was a more level playing field prior to the AFL reserves, even if the Magpies were unsuccessful this Century. Koch using the "Magpies spin", anyone with a brain knows they're Magpies by name only, the team is an AFL reserves side. The SANFL is worse off having a Power and Crows reserve team in it. Having a true Magpie team in the SANFL on a level playing field is a different argument.
"But the SANFL have got to come to the party and make it a level playing field (ability to recruit) on the same basis as the other clubs" , what a disgraceful, ignorant statement on so many levels.
by Dogs64
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

They bring in nothing crowd wise. But do bring TV exposure.

I keep saying they need quality media people. It sounds absolute garbish on DP for starters. Tell me they dont pay these blokes ?
Get professional . I wait the whole " be thankful what you get" comments.

Don't stress....Power reserves and Crows reserves will get plenty of exposure on Channel 7 all year.

Digital Pass wont be necessary for those 2 sides :roll:
That's the problem. They get the exposure not the SANFL clubs.
btw Does the SANFL still pay for the television or does 7 pay for the rights.

That’s my point - it’s ridiculous

Agreed it's a complete "red herring" what does the Channel 7 coverage bring to the SANFL. It's not as though they pay for the rights to broadcast. Good for Crows and Port supporters to stay home and watch their reserves side before an AFL game.
Can't believe the SANFL are now discussing the crows payment. As someone mentioned their salary cap has dropped by 3%. Why would the SANFL reduce the fee? It always seems like those in Power at the SANFL act in the best interest of their career progression by folding to the AFL and AFL teams. Kelly, Davies and Olssen to name a few. What a significant conflict with Olssen now at the Crows. Sick to death of the pi$$ weak SANFL.
Now they're also going to voice their concerns re 4 mid year potential poaching of players via "drafts", but will fold regardless.
Wish my team voted Yes, so I could "wash my "hands to this corrupt competition.
by Dogs64
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

There's no rule anywhere but it's not your news to announce, never is.

What if their negotiations break down and they don't end up there, how stupid do you look then?

Of course they can announce it, two players have left. Supporters wanted to know if they were signed and they weren't, well done for letting us know. CDFC don't owe the Eagles anything.
by Dogs64
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its not just the threat of them winning a flag, when their squad is injury hit they then sit down the bottom of the SANFL ladder and get belted, thats no good for the comp either. Who cares?
Wouldn’t bother me if they both got beat by 20 goals each week.

2 sides getting smashed is no good for the comp either, their performance from week to week is essentially linked to their AFL injury list, a lot of luck if you get to play them strong or weak. 2 sides getting smashed every week is good it’s the variation between week to week that isn’t

I think it would be brilliant if they both got smashed each week (though it's never happened). But agree that's the integrity issue if you get them when they're weaker or stronger. This is why games against them shouldn't count and they can't play finals.
by Dogs64
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sacking a coach with two years to run on his contract when the club was crying poor at the start of the year to supporters and sponsors for assistance is a disgrace!

They got Andrews there to clean up the mess - when he started showing them the issues the boys club didn’t like it. Kris Grant is the biggest issue at that club and now he has gone and got another lap dog in Paul Thomas who will do what he’s told to coach....

Kris Grant needs to get out the front bar, stop punting and f*ck off into the sunset. As for some of them assistant coaches let’s be honest they are half the issue also....
But everything is OK. LOL
i posted a comment years ago about this and got ridiculed. Its that obvious it isn't funny.

Like i said, drag in an ex champion to solve it. Boys clubs have been at all clubs but they still still dont learn.
West were the last example and look where they are.

Central when they bought in Jonas and also when they bought in Roy Laird are other good examples.
by Dogs64
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Brett you bring nothing to the site, goodbye again.

Like.
by Dogs64
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port take Goldsack, farce continues.
by Dogs64
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

The Advertiser’s Top 50 most influential people in SA footy
Probably about the mark. Throw in Booney and Big Phil :D

John Olsen
Adelaide Chairman

David Koch
Port Adelaide chairman

Andrew Fagan
Adelaide chief executive

Matthew Richardson
Port Adelaide chief executive

Darren Chandler
SANFL chief executive

Rob Kerin
SA Football Commission chairman

Andrew Daniels
Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority chief executive

Matthew Duldig
SANFL general manager football

Ken Hinkley
Port Adelaide coach

Matthew Nicks
Adelaide coach

Mark Ricciuto
Adelaide football director and media

Chris Davies
Port Adelaide general manager football

Adam Kelly
Adelaide head of football

Justin Reid
Adelaide general manager list management and strategy

Jason Cripps
Port Adelaide list manager

Michael Doughty
Player agent

Kane Cornes
Media

Rory Sloane
Adelaide captain

Tom Jonas
Port Adelaide captain

Kevin Osborn
Port Adelaide board

Jim Hazel
Adelaide board

Erin Phillips
Adelaide AFLW co-captain

John Kernahan
Adelaide Footy League chief executive

Rob Chapman
Former Adelaide chairman

Keith Thomas
Former Port Adelaide chief executive

Gordon Pickard
Businessman

Rob Gerard
Businessman

Phil Gallagher
SA Football Commission deputy chairman

Max Basheer
Former SANFL president

Graham Cornes
Media

Warren Tredrea
Media

Travis Boak
Port Adelaide midfielder

Matthew Clarke
Adelaide AFLW coach, men's ruck coach

Stephen Rowe
Media

Tom Zorich
SA Football Commissioner

Taylor Walker
Adelaide key forward

Peter Carey
Glenelg President

Sue Dewing
Sturt chief executive

Malcom Blight
Media

Paul Di Iulio
Norwood President

James Fantasia
Norwood chief executive

Brenton Phillips
SANFL talent manager

Tony Bamford
SA under-18 coach

Mark Bickley
Media

Jade Sheedy
Woodville-West Torrens coach

Bruce McAvaney
Media

Chelsea Randall
Adelaide AFLW co-captain

Christine Williams
Woodville-West Torrens president

Krissie Steen
North Adelaide SANFLW coach

Ken Cunningham
Media
I'd have "honest Joe" and Pickard as 1 and 2, followed by McLachlan as they've assisted in creating the most damage to SA footy.
by Dogs64
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

the fish rots from the head, central has been on the slide since Roy refused to accept help from premiership players. slade went to north the gowans weren't wanted nor was buckets mckenzie. who else thinks kris grant has been there too long?he has way to much power, I'm not sure if he still sits on the match committee but if he does, why? he's the CEO and should not be selecting teams. time for a big clean out because this club is just going through the paces like it did before the premierships.

Not sure how factual some of the above is. Buckets, helped out as ruck coach for much of Roys reign. I remember Chris Gowans being runner at stages. Adam Switala, Luke McCabe, Richie Cochrane are players I recall having roles at the club. One minute it's a boys club next it's not enough past player participation. Players often take on roles at other clubs -Rick McGowan coached at Sturt and I think the Eagles.
Our biggest problem is not being able to get employment for recruits to "help" with the significantly reduced salary cap. Can't compete with the likes of Norwood that can attract players like Bastinac, Douglas and get Puopolo back.
by Dogs64
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port writes to AFL over SANFL grievances....

I don't understand why the power reserves get home games. Given they give nothing but angst to the SANFL, they could at least contribute by playing away games so clubs get something at the gate. So sick of the snivelling, whingeing club.
by Dogs64
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Digital Pass

I like the live pass and it much better than what the AFL have put in place for the NAB league.
I believe clubs keep the payments for live pass so anyone know how much it costs the SANFL to put this on each season.
Well done SANFL though

Yep, despite our gripes the comp is definately a lot better for the digital pass, now an invaluable part of our comp. Yep for $30 I can get access to 21 games per week.
It’s become an invaluable tool for recruiters and draft followers too with the excellent coverage of the under age comps. Compare that to the dross the AFL serve up for the NAB cup and zero coverage of the VFL and you realise how lucky we are.
I think the digital pass is excellent. I remember the days when Centrals would get about 1 or 2 games a year on channel 7. Now for $30 I get to see every game, don't have to record it and can watch it whenever suits. One of the best value "purchasers" I can think of.
by Dogs64
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please David Koc follow through with another pathetic "threat", and pay back the license fee as you leave.

https://indaily.com.au/sport/2021/05/14 ... ultimatum/
by Dogs64
Fri May 14, 2021 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think anyone has actually read, or understood, the article.

Do tell?

The part about " "Port feel a little unwanted, suggesting the AFL team's football department had lobbied to join the burgeoning national reserves"?

Or is it " when the SANFL goes out on a limb - unlike any other second-tier comp - with coming up with it's own rules that differ from the AFL's"? What like a 25 metre penalty that's been in for so long. Or the last touch out of bounds, which was done from my understanding at the decree of the AFL. Or is it not implementing the stand on the mark rule. Seriously, what a pathetic whinge. The SANFL doesn't exist to support the AFL teams!

Or are we not understanding when " Koch was scathing of the eight SANFL member clubs and the league in general, saying "the idea is to rig the competition to make the AFL clubs as least competitive as possible - but still close enough that their supporters come and financially help the SANFL" Coming from the scabs saved by the SANFL, when they keep losing money. This statement is so idiotic on so many levels. For "f&*( sake their reserves have made three grand finals in a competition rigged for them. So sick of their crap, just piss off out of our league, so we don't have to deal with them.
by Dogs64
Fri May 14, 2021 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |