Search found 23 matches

Return

Re: Grade Cricket

Premier Cricket Club of the year you're talking about there. Careful!
by North Eastern Nuffy
Wed May 30, 2018 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Standard Prospect recruiting. Thought they may have learnt from previous attempts. Need to do more other than band aid solutions. Another Club (southern / northerns / Port) that should get more support from SACA in terms of young talent catchment. Unless the talent is there but Club have retention / coaching issues?

the junior program at Prospect from all reports is getting better but they still seem to lose 2-4 players every year from the 14's & 16's to other clubs. And replace these reasonably talented crickets with the off cuts of the stronger clubs.

I know its a long time ago but Southerns used to have a really strong junior system and have started to pick it up again in the last few years. I see the main issue with Southerns is the standard of there grounds outside of Bice oval.
there under 16's were the only under 16 club to still play on hard wicket which hinders development, and then they play the 3rd and 4th grade cricket on Christie's Beach High school which is the worst ground in senior cricket!

I feel for a lot of there younger senior cricketers trying to score runs on that wicket with an incredibly slow outfield every home game!! This causes players to leave for other clubs or cease playing cricket altogether. You forgot the square at Christies is short by about 3m.......square stops at the stumps each end. Not recommended by CA in their design guidelines!
by heater31
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Uni's development program working wonders again :roll:
Don't have to clear a player until they are 18!
Would be nice to see Uni work with local schools to capture players not already involved with a PC club and develop them via their ATCA sides rather than poaching from other PC clubs junior programs, Adelaide High, CBC, Pultney three schools of the top of my head all within the CBD.
by The Hound
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Wolves are well and truly circling as we speak. Phones are running hot.

SN are going to BL&G next year I’m lead to believe. Time to get a fence and some netball courts!

BL&G wouldn't let them in :lol:

That's my query

Apart from making it an even 10 team competition what would the BLG gain from having a club with a known reputation that hasn't been able to modify the behaviours of it's players despite ample warnings?

The issue of juniors and netball on a Saturday is also a key discussion point along with adopting to the community and collegial aspect of Country footy.

Correct am Bays.
by mighty hounds
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Wolves are well and truly circling as we speak. Phones are running hot.

SN are going to BL&G next year I’m lead to believe. Time to get a fence and some netball courts!

BL&G wouldn't let them in :lol:

That's my query

Apart from making it an even 10 team competition what would the BLG gain from having a club with a known reputation that hasn't been able to modify the behaviours of it's players despite ample warnings?

The issue of juniors and netball on a Saturday is also a key discussion point along with adopting to the community and collegial aspect of Country footy.
by am Bays
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's a shock! Adelaide University at it again........ Disgrace.

Offering up easy spots to young kids from other clubs, flicking cash around, offering scholarships. Not what premier Cricket is all about.

I'm sure that isn't what the SACA would be encouraging anyway?
by North Eastern Nuffy
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If he is under 18 and i was TTG, i would decline the clearance. Pilfering Grade Cricket since 1907!
by The Hound
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There was a post in here a little while ago that a number of Uni old boys were unhappy that they had so many overseas players and interstate blow ins.

If they don't go down the interstate/overseas path there aren't many other options.

Tend to agree with this, is a no win situation. We all complained they had a team of overseas players last year, they apparently are not going to do that this year, so they have to target players from other Clubs which everyone hates also.

They have requested their own Zones so they can have Junior teams also, but Clubs have rejected this too.

Don't know the solution here, very tricky. Good for players like Brazell that get well looked after!
'
The solution is obvious, get rid of them

Here is another solution - Uni have no juniors, Eastern Suburbs Junior Cricket club have no seniors and have teams from Under 17 down. Those players that play for ESJCC can stay with their PC club if they have one, and players that aren't aligned to a PC club can become Uni players. All of a sudden Uni get junior sides. Simples!
by The Hound
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Congrats on your flag, but "Dynasty' ?
Could be if their A grade don't earn promotion - Houghton B grade now 30 wins from 34 matches in the minor round, 2x Grand Finals (1x runner up and 1x premiership) from their last two seasons in D7R. :D ;)
IF Adelaide Lutheran drop down, then you'd have a reserves side coming off 2 x Premierships and 34 wins from 36 games in minor rounds. Battle of the sandbaggers ;)
by Off The Wall
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

How are alot of these footballers going to pay their mortgages? Genuinely saw a couple of mates post this question on their facebook pages after recently building houses.

Will they be covered by any kind of income protection if they had it?
I would genuinely hope no amateur or country footballer is basing their mortgage repayments around footballing income? They wouldn't get any compensation for pinging a hammy or breaking a collarbone, no different here.
by Pag
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems to me that there's three options to improve the standard of grade cricket:

1) Run clubs better. Retain players, develop players. Foster a depth of talent.

Too hard basket. Too much work.

2) Have fewer clubs. Make it truly elite. Hard to get a spot all the way through the grades.

Much, much too hard basket.

3) Have fewer grades at each club.

Bullseye! That way we can keep all our clubs and they don't need to run themselves any better than they do now.

#2 is the only way to make it work properly, but will never happen and I think we all know that now.

Lets put history and club ego's aside for a laugh and see what it could look like with geographical mergers..

1. North Eastern Bulls- TTG and East Torrens
2. Adelaide Blues - Adelaide and Sturt
3. Kensington Browns
4. Western Districts Eagles - Port and West Torrens
5. Southern Districts Seahorses - Glenelg and Southern
6. Northern Jets
7. North Adelaide Pirates - Prospect and Uni
8. Woodville Peckers

Will leave the home grounds to be debated..

88 of the best available players playing each week...
Got to be better for breeding players to perform at the next level.. !!!
by No kidding
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Was much better when they had a compulsory umpire for all of their games.

Agree but equally why should every other club have to fork out the $120 or whatever it is because 1 club can't behave appropriately.
It's time the clubs put together a petition and told the league MSCC are no longer welcome in ATCA.
by Trader
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didnt hesitate to can the finals last season....why would now be any different.

In march it was brand new, no one knew how to contract trace effectively, hospital treatments weren't as effective, the early strains of the virus were more deadly, the concern was overwhelming ICU, etc.

Chalk and cheese to compare then to now.
by Trader
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would’ve awarded MSCC the forfeit - what other result do you expect them to give when one side walks off?

Regardless of the situation or circumstances, I’m sure there are more formal ways to lodge a report and deal with matters. Should’ve finished the game then put a report in.

Carrn Bedge.

Flat out wasn't an option, for all involved.

They haven't been awarded the "win" at this stage, and we've had our "docked" point for forfeiting given back to us.

Make of that what you will.
by Wizard of Oz
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

100% back on tomorrow. Now we just have to prey that it doesn’t rain too bad tonight.
by bloods08
Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Come on mate, nothing like an intense running session on a Thursday night followed by a deep fried $10 snitzel and beer from the club that turns into 6 beers. Then on the way home pick up a mcflurry from maccas. Rock up to Saturday with heavy legs and sore calves whilst thinking your coach is an asshole and im taking my impeccable foot skills elsewhere next year.

Love it...…….ammo sport is back. :D :D :D
Pretty accurate representation of Thursday nights at a footy club! :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Reckon there will be a fair bit of running on Thursday evening :?
What value to be gained from that?

Nothing. Add it as a Morell Myth

Come on mate, nothing like an intense running session on a Thursday night followed by a deep fried $10 snitzel and beer from the club that turns into 6 beers. Then on the way home pick up a mcflurry from maccas. Rock up to Saturday with heavy legs and sore calves whilst thinking your coach is an asshole and im taking my impeccable foot skills elsewhere next year.

Love it...…….ammo sport is back. :D :D :D
by whufc
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

The interesting thing will be where these new recruits land in the Premier comp. Will they all go to the big name sides to make them stronger or do they go to the lower Clubs and try and equalise the comp a bit

Simply move here off your own bat free to play where ever

Move here on a SACA contract then should be told where they are playing for length of first contract in my opinion. SACA need to strength there side and grade cricket and pointless them going to the the top 5-6 clubs regardless of their living arrangements/mates already here.

Should the SACA implement a system similar to what the SANFL had back in the day of no Crows/Power reserves side.

If you were a SACA recruit from interstate then you went into a mini draft.....draft order was based on last years ladder positions and as per every draft the bottom side got first pick of all players in the draft. Some years there were 5 picks in total other years there were more. At least players went to a club that felt they genuinely could use them and it did equalise the comp to a small point. Then do a Daniel Worrall and walk out on the club you were 'encouraged' to join and go to the club you originally wanted to go to in the first place the following season!
by heater31
Thu May 13, 2021 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello everyone!

Haven’t heard too much just yet.

Golden Grove will be very hard to beat in A3 - Higgins returning from Para Hills, and Matt Hermann from TTG signing on too.
Have heard they’re working hard on a couple others from the local rivals!

Adelaide footy league today announcing they are happy to play right through to October long weekend - will certainly throw ATCA plans into a complete mess. No one will turn their mud pit into a cricket wicket in a week.

I dont get that, goes to an A1 side. plays a grade all year, wins a flag and then goes back to A3? Good luck to him but seems an odd choice IMO
Alex was a valuable part of our side, but we got the sense he missed his old club about half way through the year so it came as no surprise, when he explained it to us about leaving it was a desire to purely go back and play with his mates at Golden Grove, he said he missed it to much and wasn't enjoying his cricket because of it.

We parted on good terms and we wish him nothing but the best this season, he knows he is always welcome back.
by no_remorse28
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How has everyone seen the first part of the season

Woody South have adapted well into A1, can any one catch Hoff in the runs. Marion are stilling the hunt even after going through a patch that seen them lose around 27 wickets for 100 odd runs across two games.

For us Tyson Roling has just been impeccable with his line and length and G Carey just does G Carey things

A2 is very interesting with a very close top 6 sides. Port districts yet to really dominate considering all the talk from there coach this season.

A3 has an incredibly strong Golden Grove on top, watching vs pur B grade a few weeks back id suggest they have as good a bowling attack as some A1 sides, would be surprised if they don't win it all quite comfortably
by no_remorse28
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS New recruiting rules - Your thoughts?

Heard a little whisper 2 very high profile clubs about to be done with salary cap and points issues………..

Golden grove??

Golden Grove only used 4 player points on the weekend. Have done a great job retaining recruits and transitioning juniors into senior footy.
I don’t think guys like Shenton and Johnston would be playing for free but they would be playing for far less money then what other clubs would be offering them so that would rule out salary cap and points issues
by pureclass
Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the smokey wrote:Anyone know the stumps score of the WT & TTG game? The stream cut out at the last drinks break and play HQ hasn't been updated

Been trying to find out score too, did here TTG may have been 7/115, but was from unreliable source so dont hold me too it :shock:
by Eagles2014
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

I don't want to be the one that sounds like an arsehole.. but.. why should the SANFL or anyone else go easy on them, or be lenient?

Through this whole fiasco - before and during - they had the opportunity to co-operate, come clean, admit guilt and work through it. Was talk of large portion of the fine being suspended if they complied.

Instead they hired a lawyer, fought it, declared innocence until the 13th hour and now people are starting to think poor Gaza can't have them fold?!

You make your bed you lie in it.
by The Bedge
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |