Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

So what happened tonight at the tribunal?
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If he wants a gig then he should ban himself from here.
He has potential but there are two clubs i know of that wont touch the young man due to being too media friendly.
Take it or leave it.
Obviously by media friendly you’re referring solely to safooty, because I rarely post crap on FB and I don’t use things like Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat.

To be honest, I’d be lying if I said that didn’t disappoint me. I would have liked to think I would be judged on my ability to coach, and my work ethic in the role, not some comments I write on a random footy forum for a bit of fun.

I invest an incredible amount of time and energy into coaching both football & cricket, as well as other roles and fitting in a full time job and family - I don’t have time for other pastimes like some people, this forum (sadly) is really my only opportunity to release and take my mind off things - to have to be told to give up that because it’ll impact chances to coach is a little disappointing.

I coach because I enjoy it, and try to do the best job I can possibly do, but you know there are more important things in life and if I’m judged on my presence here, then is it really worth it anyway?

*edit* - having said that, obviously if I had a senior job my presence would be significantly less, and even cease if asked by the club.. all I’m saying is I think I shouldn’t be judged purely on my safooty posts, nor should I be required to change/stop what I do to appease people/clubs that don’t know me.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Tom Langford on the 100 goals.

and it took bloody forever, everyone kept kicking over his head and he even passed a few off himself. Kicked 3 in the first quarter and then took until half way through the third to get his tonne. DIdn't get arky though as some would, he congratulated all the other goalkickers.

Good on him.
by Footy Chick
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Frank Grimes the 3rd wrote:Who will win the div 5 medal? I'd assume a player who has kicked over 100 for the year is the favourite.

who are the other league medal chances?

anyone going to do a phantom TOTY?

@The Bedge :lol: :lol:
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

anyone going to do a phantom TOTY?
Very very difficult, so many high quality players across the board.. some that would come into contention though:

Blackfriars OS :
Matt Rivett
Matt Brincat
Ryan McCulloch

CBC Old Collegians :
Matt Raymond
Jared Greenbank
Jack Owens
Sam Raymond
Matt Partington
Brad Johansen

Hectorville :
Jake Mazzone
Luke Broadbent

Hope Valley :
Devin Payne
Daniel Tanczos

Ingle Farm :
Brad Sanderson
Michael Wheaton

Kenilworth:
Jordan Wilson-King
David Kruse
Jack Zesers
Nick Chesser
David Cleggett

Lockleys :
Alex Paton
Ryan Langcake
Jake Williams
Hayden Martinello
John Roswell

Pulteney :
Tom Langford
Jayden Fischer
Josh Giddings
Dalton Tucker
Tom Mattner

Smithfield:
Mick Ashby
Dan Marston

Woodville South:
Timmy Sumner
Jarrad Brusnahan
Kyle Hanel
Brenton Lowrey
Brett Hains
by The Bedge
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have heard pulteney have recruited a guy by the name of Matt Bedgegood to run the bbq tomorrow. Huge if true.
by Beachboy
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone know when Ingle Farm are announcing our very own Bedge as 2019 A grade coach?
by Beachboy
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just want to thank the Bedge for his time and dedication to Adelaide football over the past decade. Been a wonderful servant of the game and will be sorely missed at each and every bbq (Pulteneys included).
by Beachboy
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Sad news today for our mate bedge. All the best mate glad everyone is safe
by oldman
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whilst I thank you so deeply for your kind words my fellow BBQ aficionado‘s...

.. please don’t let it distract you from the fact Smithfield and Hope Valley are battling a two horse race with Lockleys close behind for the D5 flag.
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Frank Grimes the 3rd wrote:Do a blues one Bedge? dare ya

Pulteney
Bedgecliff, Michael - 100 goals.
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fourth barbie of the pre-season run last night out at Pulteney.. great to see the club committed and embracing change, striving for excellence.

Still a bit of work to do, but massive improvement already in a short space of time.
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

that's not very nice.

We prefer the term "cuddly" ;)
by Footy Chick
Mon May 27, 2019 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:We prefer the term "cuddly" ;)

The bloke who was standing me Saturday told me i looked real cuddly - then put his arm around me and asked if i wanted to cuddle up :lol:

Never felt so loved in my life haha!
by The Bedge
Mon May 27, 2019 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to @Pag who plays his 300th game for Salisbury this weekend. Massive achievement. Good luck on saturday mate =D>
by S Demon
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Frank Grimes the 3rd wrote:This weeks results predictions?

D5
Pulteney by 8pts
Lockleys by 43pts

D5R
Kenilworth by 27pts
Lockleys by 33pts

C5
Pulteney by 61pts
Adel Uni by 21pts
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who wins this sat and why? (all grades)

tbh i only care about one game..

HVFC in C grade by 2-3 goals, just slightly better..great forward targets..
LFC in B grade by 10 points, won by 10 goals last time they met but that margin will be considerably shortened..
HVFC in A grade by 2 goals, extra weeks rest, their footy style will restrict PFC movement..games between these two have been close all year..

good luck to all, may the best team win..
by zedman
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grand Final Preview
Daylight begins extending, birds chirping, smell of freshly cut grass in the air, weather begins to warm up.. ah yes Spring is in the air! Better than those things though, Spring also signifiies footy finals, and the ultimate clash - the Grand Final.

160 days since Round 1 when 10 teams went to battle, full of hope, optimisim and aspirations for the season ahead - we have finally withered that number down to 2.

Hope Valley and Pulteney.

Two clubs that made no secret of their desire to get out of D5 this season - Valleys led the charge with the appointment of Mitch Sandery as player/coach, and quickly the recruits followed. Pulteney began a little quieter, but ramped up on the recruiting as they headed towards Christmas. Both clubs building formidable squads, both clubs getting what they desired out of most of their pick ups.

Over the season, these sides have clashed on three occasions - Hope Valley lead the ledger 2-1 with the margins being 2pts, 2pts and 4pts. On each occasion the game has gone down to the last minutes - Round 8 saw a wobbling snap from 45m off the boot of Dan Williamson bounce it's way through to snatch the lead late in the last. Rd 17 saw a tough arm wrestle in wet and blustery conditions - Josh Sipek with a long range goal to hit the lead.

In the Qualifying final, Valleys couldn't put the Blues away despite peppering the goals in the last, before Pulteney went coast to coast and the ball landed in the arms of Scott-Collings who had a chance to steal the match from the Dees.

All three games have been hard fought and uncompromising and talent abundant on both sides. Hellmanns, Sandery and Duggan the big three for the Demons, but Williams and Pemble have been superb in the back half, whilst Dowling has offered plenty through the middle. Williamson and Tanczos can have their moments and impact the game.

Garang vs Brodie in the ruck will be a clash to watch - the young athletic jumper in Machok against the experienced bigger body and association medalist in Rory.

For the Blues, looking for Polec, Frick and Mattner to be most influential.

The prize is no greater tomorrow, premiership glory, eternal memories, named etched in history. 25 degrees, big ground, beautiful conditions - strap yourselves in this promises to be a classic.

Hope Valley would love nothing more than to claim it's first flag in a long time, ironically though - it's the "one less team" they needed to compete with that stands in their way.

one more.JPG
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |