Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

The Bedge wrote:
Slowleftarm wrote:Swap Lydeamore for yourself Bedgey

That was the actual lineup.

I was comparing our stats, pretty similar but you still get the mantle as R&C #1 spinner of all time lol. ;)

So your saying we can't can't bat but are good consistent bowlers??
by Slowleftarm
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

6x team grades.
10x round season (play each other once in two day game and once in one day game.)
3x week finals series (credit to Craig D'Antonio for that suggestion - 1v2 qualifying, 3v4 elim.. loser 1v2 against winner 3v4 prelim.. winner qualifying against winner prelim)
Start season week later.
Extra week off at Christmas.
Finish minor round mid Feb
Finish finals series (Sat/Sun) first week of March.
Avoid Mad March (Clipsal / Fringe etc.)
Avoid clashes with footy trials
Around a months break between summer and winter sports

Opportunities:
Extended "careers" due to shorter season
Chance for increased participation with less time investment needed
Chance for reduced operating costs with shortened season.
Less opportunity for doctored results heading into the last few games.
Greater opportunity for finals.
Strengthen competition in each grade and lengthen the divisions.

Come on Bedge, a shorter season for us fat cricketers isn't exactly what I want cos it's my only excercise
by Slowleftarm
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Former Salisbury North and Rose and Crown player Clint Rowntree was diagnosed with a brain tumour back in October but has had successful surgery and is on the road to recovery.
by Slowleftarm
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

The option's given to us at a meeting with saca were...prepare extra wickets each week or tell the seniors to suck it up and put up with the damage on game day.
Maybe the big boys at CA should do some R & D on some sort of mats.
What would 3 hours of having a mat on them do yo the wicket. I don't know? It may be an option

Why is it only ATCA that has their wickets damaged by this, no one else in Australia does?
Youre fighting a battle here you are not going to win.

It's the thrill of the fight though
by Slowleftarm
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
Burras wrote:- measure 18m from the stumps at one end and play from one end for the day

Surely that's more than suitable for that age group? How much damage can a 40kg boy do!

Umm Bedgey I don't believe you or I were ever 40kgs
by Slowleftarm
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Steve Prisk on getting his maiden 100 for the NEKCC against Salisbury West on Saturday. Hopefully you can get a few more before the season ends.
by Slowleftarm
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Just play the game FFS.. people whinge about playing test weekend, Australia Day weekend, Clipsal weekend, Adelaide Cup weekend - now AFL GF weekend. :roll:

Does anyone in this comp actually want to play cricket?

I would but no one wants me
by Slowleftarm
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow all this umpire drama! Can report we had Jason Hull in Grade 4 and he was actually very good, fired me LBW and I thought the umpire rating we have to give mightve saved me.. but nope, gave me out and I respected that! :lol:

Two Wells is looking really good. Luke Harris is a legend of a bloke and one my fave players to compete against. If its not us, i hope its them.

Jason Hull used to be a handy bowler years ago
by Slowleftarm
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The perception that two day cricket is sooo much harder, and longer days in the field shits me - I talk to blokes who are too good for our LO side, try to get them in the Grade 4 side "nah too old for two day cricket, body cant handle the extra overs etc etc"

Like piss off with your weak excuses - Round 1 Two Wells batted 48 overs (over 2 Saturdays), Round 2 North Pines 46 overs week 1 and 33 overs week 2. :roll:

Sides in low grades very very rarely bat the whole day out.

Give me 2 day cricket any day plus chuck in 40 plus degree day's and I thrived. Yes I am fat but wouldn't stop trying in those tenps
by Slowleftarm
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Great night was had at Eyre Royals/Rose and Crown celebrating the 30th birthday of the club and naming there best 12 players over that time.

Do you have a list of the 12 players named?

Not off the top off my head but from memory it was

B Jenner (C)(Wk)
D Jenner
N Brooks
D Morton
J Harrison
A Lydeamore
L Kent
J McCarthy
S Keylock (12th man)
R Figallo
C Bennett
P Bach

Not in batting order
by Slowleftarm
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Come on Senor, I'm pretty sure we both know how much he talks himself up
by Slowleftarm
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few month's out before the first ball is bowled but going by this it's going to be a big build up to the season starting.
by Slowleftarm
Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TROTS Talk

Forgive my stupidity but when a trotter is leading by a king brown, what is he leading by?
where and when did you hear that?
I’d dare say that’s a “long neck”.
Yep, I reckon you’re on the money, cheers.

I wonder what an echo is referred to?

The sound at Globe Derby when you cheer a winner home on Monday afternoon
by Slowleftarm
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TROTS Talk

Nice drive by Gaita on the hot pot fave Like a Wildfire on Friday night in a heat of the SA Cup :shock:
She miss counted the laps and started to pull the fave up with a lap still to go :oops: :oops:
By the time she realised her mistake it was too late to regain momentum, surrendering the lead and the end of its chances qualifying for the Cup.
What a monumental stuff up. Been a long time since i've seen it happen . Surely a suspension in order ?
You'd hope there's some.of sort of Stewards enquiry.
Can't see a stewards report from that meeting yet

Gaita got 5 week's.
by Slowleftarm
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |