Search found 113 matches

Return

Re: ATCA

thoughts on this weeks games?

Ingle Farm and PAOC looks the game of the round in A1 PAOC looking very strong and Ingle farm starting strong this is their first big test. PAOC to win and keep Sandercock and Sandery out the game.

Woodville South and Marion to be a tough game. Woodville south will stay undefeated here i think- Hoffman to go large

also both A3 clubs from last years grand final which was as high scoring as any final i can remember play each other. both 1 and 1 after strong starts round 1 and failed to chase down their totals last week .

Anderson not named for Golden Grove, so it will be a large defeat by the TOS'ers. O'Hara to take a swag of wickets and to avoid a hatrick of golden's.

Lasted One ball.

Well done HC for snicking Hoffman up first ball.

From all reports it was a fair catch by Marion’s keeper.
Flinders Park 370 against Woody Rech
PAOC 7-332 v Ingle Farm.
Pooraka 182 v Payneham 1-73
by helicopterking
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What sort of umpire gives Mark Hanson out LBW? Doesn't he know who he is?

#unaustralian
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Why have they changed the comp to a T20?

I thought it would be a neutral ground, no team finished higher than the other.
They haven't changed the Ray Sutton to a T20 comp.

Me too, although Sturt went through undefeated in their pool, same thing happened last year, Adelaide own their pool and the Jets won theirs but the GF was played in the city.

And furthermore, all these years I thought they played for a shield, it's an actual cup, we live in a world of lies.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

A bloke Jack Jackson took a double hattrick yesterday for Port's D Grade!

In even more astonishing news, there is a person with the name Jack Jackson
by Tony Clifton
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My understanding is as follows:

Saturday lunch time, payneham enter the result as a forfeit.
Saturday afternoon, Heyzer changed the result to a draw (probably should be match abandoned, but that's a minor detail).
Sunday payneham lodged a submission with the turf requesting the result be returned to a forfeit.
Wednesday, Heyzer edited the result back to a forfeit.

To make things even more Interesting, he hasn't awarded them the full points that they would get for a forfeit.
IE: for a forfeit they should get the 18 points, plus those already earned, (10 wickets and 73 runs), which would give a total of 22.095
For whatever reason, the turf have said 22.095 is not appropriate, and adjusted it to 15.995, which is the equivalent of a win, 10 wickets and 199.33 runs, with no second innings.

If I were Pooraka, I'll be making an enquiry as to why the match hasn't been considered abandoned.

How the points were awarded is a bit unusual, but it's was an unusual situation so I guess they tried to come up with a what they thought was the most appropriate outcome.

In time they may look back and not be happy but I doubt the players are spending too much time worrying about the result at the moment.
We were always going to accept whatever the result was - technically we did forfeit anyway.
Hopefully it doesn't have an affect on what position we finish in.
by Brumbies
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've waited a bit to post here

Poor form from payneham if you ask me

Shows a complete lack of respect to an absolute shattering occasion. If his own family were still finding out Friday evening I'd hate to think how late his team mates and club mates were finding out. To be expectant of them to play is ridiculous. To try and claim the forfeit is worse. It disrespects ATCA as an association, Pooraka as a club and Rocco as a person

These are extreme circumstances and I'd be embarrassed if it was my club. For me personally to see the efforts of clubs to show Pooraka and Rocco due respect via arm bands or a minute silence or how ever clubs expressed them selves was heart warming and his family was truly touched when I told them the lengths clubs went to honor him as well as what they seen on facebook or received directly via message

I walked taller when I was around him as did many and my memories will remain with me forever. , I'll miss ya for ever cousin and look forward to celebrating his life soon with his vast network of friends as well as with our family.
by no_remorse28
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

The Bedge wrote:Wanna start gelling soon - season will be over before Christmas at this rate.. lol.

by Lightning McQueen
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A bit bored so I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane and go through an old game that we created so many names for the players involved.

Our A Grade opening bat couldn't play week two so we put him in our D's for week one, he never usually bowled but they opened up with him and he took 9/12 as they dismissed the opposition for 27 for memory.
We bat, he opens the batting and scores 112 not out and they declare at 1/156 with about an hour to go.
He manages to pick up another 3 wickets as they get to around 3/40 at stumps.

They manage to conjure up around 180 in their second dig leaving our D's around 50 odd for outright.

We got bowled out for 21.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A bit bored so I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane and go through an old game that we created so many names for the players involved.

Our A Grade opening bat couldn't play week two so we put him in our D's for week one, he never usually bowled but they opened up with him and he took 9/12 as they dismissed the opposition for 27 for memory.
We bat, he opens the batting and scores 112 not out and they declare at 1/156 with about an hour to go.
He manages to pick up another 3 wickets as they get to around 3/40 at stumps.

They manage to conjure up around 180 in their second dig leaving our D's around 50 odd for outright.

We got bowled out for 21.

My favourite cricket moment was in our under 15's (?) Semi Final playing against a Rose & Crown side with the Figallo's, Chris McLean, Morton etc.

We were the top side playing the fourth and won the toss with me as captain choosing to bat. We batted out our allotted overs but only scored 121 runs. A handy score but no unchasable.

We rock up the next to our coach David Thompson not being there lol. Game gets underway and still no coach lol.

Game goes ahead and we get to one of the drinks breaks with Rose & Crown sitting 7/119. Thommo eventually rocks up at the drinks break to give us an absolute bath about our performance. Our vice captain at the time Tom Radford loses his shit and ends up in an argument with Thommo.

I go speak to the vice about who we should bowl and Tom our usual opening bowler gives me the old 'this isn't a discussion im bowling and Im winning the game' I didn't really agree but was told he was walking home if he didn't bowl. He got the ball.

First ball of his over he cleaned bowled Russell I think who was on a decent score. 8/119 chasing 121
Second ball he gets the new batsmen plumb LBW 9/119 chasing 121.

We have a chat and decide to call for the helmet for me to go in at silly leg for the hattrick.

Comes in bowls, it gets an inside edge on to the pad and pops up straight in the air. I take the catch we win and Tom gets his hattrick. We go mental celebrating. Tom being a very handy high level soccer player ends up running around the oval with his shirt off waving it in the air. In celebrating I take the helmet off and throw it in the air to which it hits the square leg umpire R&C coach I think his name was Axel. I got reported and was luckily let off to play in the GF with a very stern warning.

We ended up losing the GF to Golden Grove despite Andrew Lindsay getting a 7 for which was wiped away with an 8 for from ex Redback Chris Duval.
by whufc
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You know what is another pet hate of mine.. people who question my scoring ability and knowledge of the rules - just because you “haven’t heard that” doesn’t mean I’m not right.

Doubt there would be many better scorers around than me. 8) :lol:

I'll give you a score off!

I had one dumb chick try and tell me a beamer full toss that was hit for 6 and signaled no-ball meant 6 no-balls, it happened twice in the one over, I tried telling her what it's meant to be but she told me how long she'd been scoring for so obviously she was right.

I ended up saying "you do it your way and I'll do it mine".

I had an Eastern Park lady refuse to sit with me under the shelter at Smithfield, she sat 50 metres away to score, that was a fun day.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Sad news today for our mate bedge. All the best mate glad everyone is safe
by oldman
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:Was wondering how this prediction was going, i dont go out of my way to look at Div6 results, are they in the 4?Has Norm made any

Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 12

Sitting last.

Doesn't look like Norm has played a game - must be why they haven't gelled, he's the glue they need to hold them together. 8)
by The Bedge
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2008/09 - Salisbury North Grade 2 Premiers
1. S. Galbraith
2. S. Johnston
3. M. Mottram
4. A. Couchi
5. M. Demeo
6. M. Debrene
7. J. Denengelse
8. L. Stones
9. M. McGrath
10. A. Johnston
11. M. Bennetts

2018/19 - North East Knights Grade 2 current ladder leaders:
1. P. Atkins
2. L. Levi
3. C. Hobson-Bessell
4. L. Mills
5. M. Eldridge
6. D. Prettlejohn
7. D. Placucci
8. B. Bignell
9. J. Domeika
10. N. Merritt
11. B. Domeika
by The Bedge
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Slowleftarm wrote:So your saying we can't can't bat but are good consistent bowlers??

Precisely! :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My early years at Salisbury North aren't there, but I remember opening the batting at Salisbury North against Smithfield many years ago where a younger LM opened the bowling, you hit me 5 of 6 balls in the thigh pad and I had a huge bruise for weeks. Game was played just before Christmas.

Would be good if Salisbury North had those books somewhere

I can totally relate, I was a young lad opening the batting for Paralowie one week had LM and Newman hitting me for fun the very next week the same thing but it was Drake and North hammering my ribs for fun.

Defiantly not the quickest of that lot, but Drakey just had a knack of bruising my ribs.......Prick :lol:
by carey
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Slowleftarm wrote:use your bat mate that's what it's there for

Well he's not wrong.. :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My early years at Salisbury North aren't there, but I remember opening the batting at Salisbury North against Smithfield many years ago where a younger LM opened the bowling, you hit me 5 of 6 balls in the thigh pad and I had a huge bruise for weeks. Game was played just before Christmas.

Would be good if Salisbury North had those books somewhere

I can totally relate, I was a young lad opening the batting for Paralowie one week had LM and Newman hitting me for fun the very next week the same thing but it was Drake and North hammering my ribs for fun.

Defiantly not the quickest of that lot, but Drakey just had a knack of bruising my ribs.......Prick :lol:
Yeah, Drakey was a very awkward bowler to face, there were just never any bad balls and they done a heap.

It was always fun teaming up with Glenn North for the association games.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:You're all shit and i'd drop kick your custard for 6.

You would've relegated yourself to scoring for the day squib.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Something for you blokes to consider.

Our old scorer ( I think he might still do it ) would, at the end of the season, get the books from the matches where blokes made a century and rewrite the whole page out in full colour "official" scoring format. It would get framed and presented to the century makers on presentation night, my last century is the only one I have and it hangs in the man cave.

It's a great little momento.
by Booney
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:The umpire wasn't really wearing batting inners was he?

He most certainly was.

Surely that's enough to get you off at the tribunal?

"In my defence Your Honour... (produces photo from the game)... look at what I was dealing with"
by Tony Clifton
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look I understand how some people may view the game from the outside, especially those impacted either directly as opposition or indirectly through the result, but it really isn’t as it seems and it’s a harsh swipe on Gully’s integrity.

Anyone who has come across Gully over the years would know he’s a good guy, genuine and certainly not a sandbagger or one to play below his ability.. he has been the backbone of then A grade for almost 20yrs, seasons when wins were as rare as winning lotto he stuck true when he could’ve taken the easy road like so many others.

Gully has been battling back injury all season, he’s struggled to bowl and field - very rarely has he been able to bowl more than 3 or 4 overs, and he’s spent the last couple games in the B grade then C grade.

He bowled 2 overs in the first innings FFS.

He bowled more in the second dig. He took 5 of the 20 wickets so to me that says he played a fairly important part...

Jesus mate it’s Adam Gully not Pat Cummins! Get over it.
by carey
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As we've seen with Harinderjit Singh, got offered $$$ to move to Ingle Farm, played the first 3 rounds, hated their lack of culture , so moved back to Para Hills..
:lol: :lol: More to do with his lack of output, lack of opportunities, that he brought his mates who weren't (at that time) in the best XI, and that we wasn't the most loved person at the club.
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to PAOC and Pooraka on making the A1 Grand Final. They have clearly been the two best teams during the minor round and proved that with dominant displays in their Semi Finals. They met way back in round 1 when Pooraka prevailed on the back of 185 from Hanson, but Princes got some revenge in the T20 final. Pooraka will be desparate to win it for their mate, but some of their boys are struggling to get through 80 overs, so I think PAOC's greater depth will allow them to prevail. Should be a cracker.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2CA5E9CB-A535-40BB-9584-66E6D29716CA.png

The man loves a BBQ
by hfoxe16
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Donkey is the nickname your mum gave me.. ;) 8)
by The Bedge
Mon May 20, 2019 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:lets get off my mum as i just got off of yours :D

Don't have a mum, only two dads.
by The Bedge
Mon May 20, 2019 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yup, seems they've learnt from that stupidity last season. Now we just need them to cut the xmas break back to two weeks like it always used to be.
by Trader
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Maybe at birth

More like at tadpole stage.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Slowleftarm wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Burras wrote:- measure 18m from the stumps at one end and play from one end for the day

Surely that's more than suitable for that age group? How much damage can a 40kg boy do!

Umm Bedgey I don't believe you or I were ever 40kgs

Maybe at birth
by carey
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5-10k each for players is way of the mark
Correct in having great sponsors.
Having depth throughout all grades and a winning environment allows the club to back cricket in a lot more then most clubs. 40 meals on a Thursday 70 on a sat with a lot of players partners kids staying around the club.
We also have some brilliant lads in pope Bill Sando hilly sandercock That prepare our pitches centre square training and school saving the club thousands there.
Teamworkmakesthedreamwork.
We will field 4 strong teams again this season and make sure the club thrives in the meantime.
by Browny007
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mate, I really look forward to seeing the best player list that the clubs submit in games that I've umpired just so I can see if I was around the mark, you get a feeling of accomplishment when you're on the money, I treat myself to a beer when it happens.
If you ever umpire one of my games, dont bother looking then - i just throw darts at the board, or ask anyone "who wants their name in the paper?" :lol:

Couldn't care less about best players.
There's no I in team but there's one in Bedgie.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Slowleftarm wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:EP 6/37!!!

Craig Figallo at Virginia now!

Literally just logged on to say the same ahah!

You blokes should do your homework, Craig's been out there for the last 2 or 3 seasons now

I was referring to the 6/37 lol
by The Bedge
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Excellent game of cricket at Rowe Park yesterday with Ingle Farm winning by 2 wickets after passing Grange's modest total of 129 with 2 balls to spare. Grange won the toss and batted first. Ingle Farm bowled pretty well, but the game was evenly poised at drinks with Grange at 3 for 60 ... all three wickets the result of poor shots. Grange would have been looking to lift the run rate after drinks, but they faced some very good bowling from Kamburugamuwa and Barber and were reduced to 9 for 90 before some lusty hitting for the last wicket got the score up to 129. Ingle Farm got off to a shaky start, losing both openers cheaply to great catches. Grange were bowling with great discipline, combined with McDermott at the stumps and solid fielding, Ingle Farm were under enormous pressure and struggled to 6 for 48. All looked lost for the Farmers, but Raza rescued the situation with a fine 60. When he was dismissed with 7 balls to go Ingle Farm only need 3 runs to win, which they got with two balls to spare.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Slowleftarm wrote:Congratulations to Steve Prisk on getting his maiden 100 for the NEKCC against Salisbury West on Saturday. Hopefully you can get a few more before the season ends.

One of cricket's great blokes, is Steve.

To have his kids and old man there would have been awesome for him too.
by Failed Creation
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Heard that some of the Pooraka players weren't convinced that Eranga's action is as smooth as it should be.

When I played cricket 2004 on the PS2 he was always the opening bowler for Sri Lanka, he leaked runs as Vaas was difficult to get away.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hanson clearly the best on average who would be the top 5 best batsmen and top 5 best bowlers in adelaide turf? Would make for an interesting conversation...

A1 all time (entered into mycricket) - batting (1 per run) and bowling (20 per wicket) points.

James Stagg - 4,115 runs, 151 wickets = 7135pts
Mark Hanson - 4,661 runs, 114 wickets = 6941pts
Jack Dent - 1720 runs, 255 wickets = 6820pts
Brad Young - 1725 runs, 229 wickets = 6305pts
Sam Tyler - 3513 runs, 130 wickets = 6113pts
Phil Benwell - 3203 runs, 137 wickets = 5943pts

No one else over 5000.

Runs
Mark Hanson - 4661
James Stagg - 4115
Sam Hurburgh - 3573
Sam Tyler - 3513
Phil Benwell - 3203
Glenn Ashmead - 3050

No one else over 3000.

Wickets
Jack Dent 255
Brad Young 229
Jamie Marsh 228
Sam Richardson 214
Brad Muggleton 210
Tim Boucaut 200

No one else over 200.

Batting Averages (min 1000 runs)
Mark Hanson - 93.22
Paul Duffett - 54.24
Wes Thomas - 54.21
Corey Knight - 46.65
Glenn Ashmead - 46.21
Tom Brinsley - 42.16

Bowling Average (min 50 wickets)
Brad Young - 11.33
Matthew Rogers - 11.45
Tim Boucaut - 11.47
Muhammad Sheikh - 12.99
Jack Dent - 13.12

And just to keep the fielders happy:

Catches (Non-WK)
Jack Dent - 83
Phil Benwell - 69
Sam Tyler - 60
Brad Young - 51
Sam Hurburgh - 48

Keeping Dismissals (Catches and stumpings):
Michael Richardson - 206
Tom Tamblyn - 94
Josh Farmer - 84
Jye Bailey, Brad Campbell, Jake Boerema - 80
by Trader
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trader wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Ingle Farm 199 v Pooraka.
Not a huge score out at Lindblom Pk.

Agreed, and with no rain forecast this week Jarrett will ensure its an absolute road. Hanson will chase it down easily.

JJ did his bit, but Farmers too good, bowling Pooraka out for 169.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Slowleftarm wrote:Sandercock has worked bloody hard from a junior to where he is today. Hat's off to him, he's a bloody good bloke just like the whole family.

Said no one ever! 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

16 year old Cooper McInnis hit 200 in the juniors today and then went on to hit a 100 for Salisbury West A grade

Fair day out!

Another gun coming through SW.
by whufc
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle farm success has come from several different areas over the last 3 season.
Gordon definitely played his part but is not the only reason behind the clubs success. The committee works as hard as any to get the results. The players and supporters are loyal and attended several cricket shows throughout the season. The Bunnings bbq each off season can have upto 10-15 helpers in a day. They have fantastic sponsors.
I can’t see the standard dropping of because Chris has taking over as coach as the support from the committee players and supporters is to strong. It’s a very good club that will always recruit strongly.
From what I have seen and heard they are on par with most clubs on player payments incentives but I don’t think they would be top 5 in that department but they do offer a great family friendly club with good meals and some cracking functions that can play a role in signing players.
by Browny007
Sat May 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle farm success has come from several different areas over the last 3 season.
Gordon definitely played his part but is not the only reason behind the clubs success. The committee works as hard as any to get the results. The players and supporters are loyal and attended several cricket shows throughout the season. The Bunnings bbq each off season can have upto 10-15 helpers in a day. They have fantastic sponsors.
I can’t see the standard dropping of because Chris has taking over as coach as the support from the committee players and supporters is to strong. It’s a very good club that will always recruit strongly.
From what I have seen and heard they are on par with most clubs on player payments incentives but I don’t think they would be top 5 in that department but they do offer a great family friendly club with good meals and some cracking functions that can play a role in signing players.

Who is coaching Ingle Farm?
Chris McLean
by Senor Moto Gadili
Mon May 11, 2020 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Hussey review has dropped. The search for a coach begins now apparently.

I wonder if the review findings will be made public? Or if it will be like the Crows one with a few palatable and non-specific dot points only made public with a quick mention that the board are doing a great job.
by Tony Clifton
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Who is coaching them these days?
This, is a very good question whuffer. ;)

bedge knows.PNG
Who then?
I think he is referring to this
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/men-charged-with-bikie-offences-were-just-at-a-religious-funeral-court-hears-as-two-finks-ask-to-meet-at-footy-club/news-story/ea1fd5fff805f7fcf158d150424f770e
In particular
"Thompson and Cotton’s lawyer said the pair were involved with the Eastern Park Football Club at Elizabeth – Thompson as president and senior coach and Cotton as women’s and under 9s coach – and the bail agreements needed to be changed to allow them both to attend a club presentation on Saturday."

Can you copy the whole article please?
by whufc
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just play the game FFS.. people whinge about playing test weekend, Australia Day weekend, Clipsal weekend, Adelaide Cup weekend - now AFL GF weekend. :roll:

Does anyone in this comp actually want to play cricket?
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive watched this over and over.
Now i know I'm biased but looked to me like he knocked it onto the stumps.
Batter had a good view and he didn't complain, just walked off.
Thought you were joking at first, but here you go. Ball was dropped well before he touches the stumps

https://i.imgur.com/ZWNPdjf.jpeg
by Off The Wall
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow all this umpire drama! Can report we had Jason Hull in Grade 4 and he was actually very good, fired me LBW and I thought the umpire rating we have to give mightve saved me.. but nope, gave me out and I respected that! :lol:

Two Wells is looking really good. Luke Harris is a legend of a bloke and one my fave players to compete against. If its not us, i hope its them.

Jason Hull used to be a handy bowler years ago

When I first entered senior cricket Jase was the opening A grade quick at EP.

Had a heart of gold but never really looked after himself.

Always good value for a chat and I’m glad his still involved.
by whufc
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Slowleftarm wrote:Give me 2 day cricket any day plus chuck in 40 plus degree day's and I thrived. Yes I am fat but wouldn't stop trying in those tenps

This is why you're in the top 3 all time left arm tweakers for R&C. 8)
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
Wizard of Oz wrote:Can't elaborate too much, but we did walk off during the game after multiple incidents, one being a mankad. .

Bloke should've stayed in his crease :P

Na, that was his name.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some incredible individual performances in the latest round. The Reynella boys probably thought they were a chance having Pooraka 2 for 11 after making a modest 170, but if you don't get Mark Hanson you ain't going to win. His 159no was nearly enough to beat Reynella on his own. At Scotch college, Ingle Farm captain Chris McLean made a brilliant 186, which was 6 more than OSCA could manage. Marion were able to restrict PAOC to 180. They were the only team to beat Princes last year, so they might have thought they could repeat that. However, big Nick Clayfield was having none of it. Bowling unchanged with Jack Dent they skittled Marion for 69 with Clayfield taking an amazing 8 for 36.

The match of the round was at Para Hills, who were struggling at 7/94 against SPOCs 143. The Hornets needed a big last wicket stand to get the first innings points and finished up with outright points after SPOC set them a target in the second innings.

In other games, Flinders Park were too strong for Trinity and remain unbeaten. They must think this A1 caper is pretty easy. Grange were too good for Walkerville
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |