Search found 32 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

I see a complaint has been made to police. Chanel 9 coincidentally at the Gawler Police Station ay the same time. Makes it very difficult for Jones to defend himself when the first thing police will be doing is seizing a copy of any notes made at the tribunal. In my view the league should suspend him indefinitely pending the completion of the police investigation and prosecution. Not fair to expect him to incriminate himself at the tribunal.

When this morning, on Roo and Ditts, he stated he didn't feel the need to take it any further.

Whilst he's well within his rights to take it further, the way he's gone about it just proves he's an attention seeker now.

If they suspend the tribunal indefinitely, it means that Salisbury West would be able to take further part in the finals series.

So footy Chick, are you offering to pay for the victims medical bills, surgery costs, down time from work? If he does not press charges he is out of pocket thousands of dollars. Calling him an attention seeker is disgraceful. He didnt ask to have his face smashed.
by Hurambe
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was the knee intentional though? Is everyone on the same page with it? I don't think it would be something that would be easily done running full speed and deliberately trying to get someone like that.
He actually stutter stepped to time it right. Gutless act and if the victim wants to press charges good on him.

This sort of stuff is just plain dangerous. He could have killed the bloke.
So cop your whack buddy and if the club gets deregistered so be it.
by tigerpie
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He can and should press charges, I didn't say he shouldn't - Hey, I know better than anyone here what it's like to see teammates injured at the hands of this club - but why ring the media and say meet me at the police station? Especially after he'd said not 2 hours before on radio that he wouldn't be taking it further.This is my beef, not the fact that he's pressing charges

The clubs JLT insurance is most likely to cover medical costs for the best part (but unfortunately not loss of income) and I hope the club is looking into this so Carl isn't left too much out of pocket

I know Carl, i know him very well. I can tell you right now, he has not once contcted any media. Once the video was released on youtube the media found him. I can also tell you he did not even make first contact with the police, they contacted him. You can let your sources know they are way off the mark. I think you also need to listen to the Roo and Ditz interview again, because you are quoting it quite incorrectly.

Are you Carl?

No mate im not, Carl is a much better bloke then me. He wouldnt be replying to all this slander being said about him
by Hurambe
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Given the way the league has handled previous incidents and looking to minimise the negative press on the competition, as well as ensuring that the SW bloke received a fair and equitable hearing.. I have no doubt there would’ve been some degree of instruction to TOS to keep some sort of lid on these matters until they’d had a chance to investigate.

Now I’ve seen/heard this incident or interviews or reporting on the matter on the Bunyip newspaper, Channel 7, Channel 9 and Triple M as well as footage of seeing him arrive at the police station to press charges - how the hell would the media know to be there!?

Everyone is in agreement that the actions on the weekend, the individual and the club (SW) should be dealt with swiftly and severely and I’m sure they will be, but honestly you have to question how much TOS are loving this at the moment lapping it up and trying to drive as many stakes into SW as they can., and fuelling the constant media attention, and frankly not handling it too well and I’d bet my bottom dollar acting against the directive of the league.

What are they looking to achieve by keeping this in the spotlight? Poor bloke copped a broken jaw, ok, press charges. The Westies player and club will he dealt with, no need to carry on about it.

*edit* - I see comments that he never contacted media outlets or the police, they contacted him.. just because that’s the case doesn’t mean he needs to meet with the media to do his interviews etc.

There are alot of people here commenting like they actually have a clue about whats going on. TOS or Carl have not contacted any media, they have not prompted any media to go to a cop shop. You are doing what you do best and speculating and starting rumors. If someone was to treat your face like a kicking bag, doing so much damage you will be eating your dinners out of a straw for 6 weeks, well im pretty sure you would speak to the media to make sure the person who did this to you will be delt with and the issue not swept under the rug.
by Hurambe
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see a complaint has been made to police. Chanel 9 coincidentally at the Gawler Police Station ay the same time. Makes it very difficult for Jones to defend himself when the first thing police will be doing is seizing a copy of any notes made at the tribunal. In my view the league should suspend him indefinitely pending the completion of the police investigation and prosecution. Not fair to expect him to incriminate himself at the tribunal.

When this morning, on Roo and Ditts, he stated he didn't feel the need to take it any further.

Whilst he's well within his rights to take it further, the way he's gone about it just proves he's an attention seeker now.

If they suspend the tribunal indefinitely, it means that Salisbury West would be able to take further part in the finals series.

So footy Chick, are you offering to pay for the victims medical bills, surgery costs, down time from work? If he does not press charges he is out of pocket thousands of dollars. Calling him an attention seeker is disgraceful. He didnt ask to have his face smashed.

He can and should press charges, I didn't say he shouldn't - Hey, I know better than anyone here what it's like to see teammates injured at the hands of this club - but why ring the media and say meet me at the police station? Especially after he'd said not 2 hours before on radio that he wouldn't be taking it further.This is my beef, not the fact that he's pressing charges

The clubs JLT insurance is most likely to cover medical costs for the best part (but unfortunately not loss of income) and I hope the club is looking into this so Carl isn't left too much out of pocket

I know Carl, i know him very well. I can tell you right now, he has not once contcted any media. Once the video was released on youtube the media found him. I can also tell you he did not even make first contact with the police, they contacted him. You can let your sources know they are way off the mark. I think you also need to listen to the Roo and Ditz interview again, because you are quoting it quite incorrectly.
by Hurambe
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what is the issue with Trinity? Do they have a poor tribunal record also?

Trying to understand the hate.
by Dutchy
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If only we had AAAs 14 years ago and we need never have gotten to this point.

No sympathy
by jo172
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A tiger can't change it's stripes. It'd incredible if they let SW back in the comp next year.
by Esteban Vihaio
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out of curiosity, how did the standard of D6 stack up this year compared to previous years?
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely the 2 umpires that umpires that SW v trin game have to be questioned with not even giving a yellow card. Suspend them for a week. Umpires this season have been nothing short of hopeless!
by Danky$$
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The league could learn from this.
27 game suspension given out yet not one report from the umpires on game day at the time and no cards given.
Just proves that without footage these incident/s could have been missed.
Makes you wonder what else has been missed over the years.
IMO the league should invest heavily in recording of games as luckily for them in this case justice was served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worthwhile all clubs videoing games - to help against similar incidents as above or just using the footage to help teams improve/fine tune skills and set plays etc.

Umpiring standard can be a mixed bag - most are consistent enough in their own way but there are some that struggle. One old whistle blower this year had a shocker and as he walked past me after the final siren he had quite a confused look in his eyes - for want of a better term, it looked like he was having a 'seniors moment'.
Is there a chance in the game above that the umps may have been intimidated - hence the lack of a booking?

The league want to tape every game next season. Just need each club to cough up a few grand each to do it.
by Fricky
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

League is gonna create a new division - the "pre-release prison division".. all clubs booted or on AAA will be placed in this division to play each other and if they can prove they can change their ways and display good behaviour, will be integrated back into main stream football society. 8)

No salary cap allowed in this division.

Just have a Salisbury division.

With the amount of reports your mob have had this year maybe you could join them?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

FINALLY !!!!!

THE TIGERS HAVE BEATEN

THE UNLEY MERCEDES JETS!!!!!!
by FOURTH ESTATE
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

I’m certainly not a good bloke and I don’t want people thinking otherwise - got a reputation to uphold :P

But sorry ramming for calling you a dumb prick, when it was me who stuffed up and misread your post x
by The Bedge
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Down the Hill wrote:Even better than Mark “Braddles” Bradley in his prime?

The Mayor of St Marys! Bradles was a bloody good grab and I reckon he kicked the First 10 goal haul of any Kenilworth A Grader on St Marys Park!

One has not lived until they have watched and dissected an SAAFL match with Bradles.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FINALLY !!!!!

THE TIGERS HAVE BEATEN

THE UNLEY MERCEDES JETS!!!!!!

An amazing win and a great turn out for the Tigers as well.

Well done to Broadies for sticking with it.. early injuries cost us for sure on a warm day but to your credit you worked hard to get back in the game. Great final tho.. the result only being certain in the last 2 minutes. Good luck for the rest of the major round.
by BigB
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trinity the most undeserving premiers ever.

Or the footy gods are at work.

It’s a no from me

Why ? because they recorded a game and an incident or 4 were caught. They won fair and square last week and outplayed rosewater this week. Pull your head in. If it was your club you wouldn’t be saying this.... good on rosewater for going up after the adversity they faced from Previous years. unlucky they were knocked off at the final hurdle. stop talking smack about a club you might not like. If you don’t like them keep your opinion to yourself and don’t put a perception out there, it’s not fair on the players or club on what they achieved.
by Sonofbrowny25
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:Final score

PHOS 12 4

Broadview 6 9

Well done to the Broady boys this year, great effort and recruiting, shame the rest of the sides left have just full on flog supporters and big headed footballers rubbing each other groins, PHOS are a just pass.
Come on the Phossers, knock those spuds off.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

No one deserves to have a crack at the Havens, their progress over the last few years has been huge
by Brodlach
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Without intending to be a smart arse they probably should have thought about all this before they left their club captain out on the field to cause intentional harm to the opposition for the entirety of a match whilst being on AAA’s. Can wait till at least November as far as I’m concerned. I think it’s worth 1 year on the sidelines personally.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Without intending to be a smart arse they probably should have thought about all this before they left their club captain out on the field to cause intentional harm to the opposition for the entirety of a match whilst being on AAA’s. Can wait till at least November as far as I’m concerned. I think it’s worth 1 year on the sidelines personally.

some fairly big assumptions....

the umps did not report, not give out any cards that game... and from what i've been told (remember only told).. the ump stated that the trinity player "ducked" into the knee....when the incident occured...

Didn't those two umps receive some sort of suspension from that game as well?
Umps would have been shit scared to incriminate on the day, that's the beauty of video, no lies there.
Catch 22, save your life or get suspended from umpiring.
That's why repeat offenders need to be shown the door.
by Computer Crashed
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

some fairly big assumptions....

the umps did not report, not give out any cards that game... and from what i've been told (remember only told).. the ump stated that the trinity player "ducked" into the knee....when the incident occured...

Big assumptions? I have already said that if it was an isolated incident then the knee to the jaw could be argued as negligent. When you throw in all the other incidents then there is clear intent for harm. The umpires were stood down for not taking any action. I’m only assuming what the entire country was after seeing the footage.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wonder if being ex-afl and on 11 games had anything to do with it. Should have been rubbed out for life after Hope Valley. Genuine sniper and its only a matter of time before he is gone.
by B grade veteran
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CBC wouldn’t be out of place in div 3 with their current line up.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would be a good job to get at Broadview imo. Something like 16 broadies juniors in 1st semi side and they are getting better every game they play together. Jacko did well with the recruits brought in in 2017/18 so exciting times ahead hopefully.
by TIRED TIGER
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can Bedge please post the reserves TOTY... that’s what we are all here for after all
F: M. Coppola (WS), S. Gatis (LOC), L. Clark (CBC)
HF: S. Curtis (BOS), B. Slater (HV), L. Yates (CBC)
C: C. Caruso (LOC), M. Tremonte (CBC), Z. Sipek (PUL)
HB: D. Perry (HV), T. McDonough (LOC), C. Salvati (KEN)
B: D. Brand (CBC), J. Byrnes (CBC), J. Tabb (LOC)

Ruck: J. Heath (LOC), K. Flanigan (KEN), A. Cavallaro (WS)

Int: J. Rentoulis (HV), M. Garang (HV), B. Walsh (KEN), S. Watson (IF)

Unlucky: M. Gower (HV), J. Bordon (PUL), M. Iuliano (BOS)

Lot of older blokes in the side which is why I've got Coppola & Curtis up forward - they can rotate 3 ways through the mid with Flanigan & Tremonte and Rentoulis & Watson, Walsh can run off the bench in a wing rotation, and Garang is an exceptionally athletic ruck, he will be damaging off the bench, whilst Heath can drop down back for support if we need.

Probably lacks a little bit of leg speed around the ground, but plenty of quality users by foot and a lot of inside, tough players. Also concerns about the lack of defensive pressure/work rate applied by Gatis & Slater.

Also a lot of mouthy pricks in this team.
James Mann (HV) walks into that team. Before Perry, Rentoulis and Slater
by S Demon
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

youd kinda rather see the Grand Finals played at Old Iggies new oval than thebby, but sadly no fences.

Old Iggies are just a tenant of the new Karen Rolton Oval. It's a full SACA Complex now (noting the back ovals have been SACA managed for years) and as of this summer will effectively become the new Adelaide No. 2. There's already been a Futures Game played on it and it will become the main venue for all State Women's Cricket. Not even sure if Iggies could even host their own home finals due to SACA wanting to get it ready for cricket come September. It's one of the things that annoys about SA and Adelaide. It is a magnificent complex and the surrounding landscaping when finished will make it a picturesque Cricket venue despite almost being in the heart of the city. Yet there is very little publicity about the work that has been done and the investment made by Govt, Council and Cricket. Many South Australians wouldn't even know what changes have been made to the old Railways Oval.
by Down the Hill
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Then what was the situation with Lynch?
He only coaches when he can sniff a flag
Literally talking about the guy who was made famous by losing in record margins after coaching a losing Aldinga for years. Then took on a struggling Mitchell Park who were rank outsiders to do anything for a long time.

Facts are - OSB wanted to advertise for a coach - encouraged Lynchy to apply. Lynchy thought that was a bit rough after coaching for free and making the GF. Decided not to apply.
by morell
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Don’t worry about Smithfield, Valleys will be the team to beat. Sandery has squeezed open the safe and TTG, Freeling and maybe Barossa District are going to feel the effects (as will all of us in D5)
by Pag
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Pag wrote:Don’t worry about Smithfield, Valleys will be the team to beat. Sandery has squeezed open the safe and TTG, Freeling and maybe Barossa District are going to feel the effects (as will all of us in D5)

Sweet, who we getting?
by S Demon
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SWFC

Another way to look at it is the lack of due diligence or apparent lack of care in some matters.

For instance the ruckman who copped the suspensions in 2017 - from memory copped half a dozen games or more early in the season for a violent act.. came straight back in after his suspension and first or second game back head-butted and broke the nose of an opposition player well off the ball. One bloke, two incidents in one year.

Other clubs in similar positions under the heat I imagine would've kindly asked him to leave the club after the first incident, or at least put something in place to show they dealt with it internally or had something in place to minimise the risk of it happening again - but they didn't.

Same with Jones in the GF. Reported for how ever many offences it was and played the game out. Granted the umpires didn't see it, but surely team mates or coaching staff would've picked up on his volatile state - and should've actioned on it - but didn't.

Fact is, they cry hard done by, but they've shown very little to suggest they've made efforts to change.
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SWFC

Weirdest thing about this whole Salisbury west situation is every club is willing to sign there players? Why when there supposedly thugs?

It's a good point you raise. The club can only do so much then the onus is on the players to set a standard and change the on field expectations of each other.

Counter point, Jason Creek had a horrific record at SWFC leading to his de-registration.

He then successfully played country football for a decade without incident.

4 weeks into resuming his career at SW he was again de-registered.

One person, but there would be something apparently in SW's culture whereby players who are appropriately in-line else where are out of line at SW.

I've said it before but look into the SW President's comments after the 2005 Grand Final. Not embarrassment, not contrition, but "we play hard, tough football not ballet". To speed it into modern times pulling your U18s from a Grand Final because you can't guarantee their behaviour.

The situation is more than the sum of its parts.
by jo172
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |