Search found 32 matches

Return

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

locky801 wrote:A Grand final for the archives. Great game of footy,

40,000 people as well

Great advertisement for the game

Time now to hit the piss ;)

Well said . Im sick of the anti SANFL comp mob. Its a great competition and we should embrace it not run it down .Well done Chooks.
by Brett
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Well written. This gender driven female issue is gone mad. Its not a new phenomenon though as its been going on for a decade or more. All the sudden the AFL introduced a Female Football League and states followed ( as good kids do) . The standard is not great at all. Then we had to have female commentators . Sorry but they are as bad as some male ones . I thought Sam Lane on comments was good but my point is with the sudden influx was stupid . I am very balanced on this . I wont watch or listen to Andy Maher as he is woeful , so its about quality. Its not about gender. I think the best Kindy teachers and early Primary School teachers are Female. I reckon Females are way better at certain jobs than males. That is just how it goes.
We are all different , cant we just accept that ?
by Brett
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New naming rights sponsor for Elizabeth Oval

Booney wrote:
Brett wrote:
Booney wrote:Maughan Thiem Kia Oval
X Convenience Oval
Flinders University Stadium
City Mazda Stadium
Coopers Stadium
ACH Group Stadium

Peter Motley Oval
Alberton Oval
Prospect Oval

I assume the gap in between is because those 3 ovals arent sponsored ?

Correct.

Sturt has an oval sponsor .
by Brett
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Isnt it good for the SANFL ? Didn't you want a bridge ? God some are so conservative . Its a 128 room hotel. That is will destroy other hotels lol
by Brett
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

Yawn . Anyone would think they an extra player on for a quarter ! Move on . North won and then backed it up the following week. Simple.
by Brett
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

gazzamagoo wrote:
DOC wrote:Oops. Cheney is 29.

not him.

Is that you Big Phil ?
by Brett
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

The AFL put a lot of money into the Womans league and it would be interesting to see how much . Dont forget the indirect costs involved . The womans comp is a joke IMO. Its people too concerned about knocking the minority.
by Brett
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Female Footy

I was waiting for it ! Good luck to females who play footy . Go for it . On tonight news was a female footballer complaining they only get paid 13k per season yet some AFL men get 50k a game . Its gone mad seriously. Want equal money then play a whole season and people have to pay to watch it. I wonder what SANFL players feel about this .
by Brett
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

This whole thing stinks but no one has a solution.Its money based and for South supporters to whinge about not getting a fair go is ridiculous. From a Government spend you pay $1 a year to play on the oval. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
by Brett
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All clubs have released the same Email I believe.
by Brett
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - Live scores, results & comments...

Groucho wrote:You must admit it wasn't good and there wasn't anything positive to be taken out of it.

You sound like a Glenelg supporter . Sling it when you lose but jump on when you win. :lol:
by Brett
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles v Port Sat 1410

Just have no marquee player I reckon. Each club has a squad of players so go for it. Its a load of croc as is the mid season draft . If clubs cant select the right players then look at the recruiting staff.
by Brett
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crowds

The article mentions Port Magpies . Its very clear its about the SANFL. How much spin and crap does this mob talk. Lowest AFL crowd at AO last week.

The facts are Port SANFL crowds are poor .
by Brett
Thu May 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt Sat 1410

When did he cause the umpire to take it off Sturt while they were lining up for goal for abusing the umpire?

Im trying to decipher this.

I was establishing a time line for little man Hansons dummy spit. It wasn't after he flew for a mark that he trudged down into the rooms.

One of your blokes was lining up for goal, Hanson was carrying on to the umpire, the ball was taken off you and he was dtagged, subsequently he had an official come from the bench and take him away from the bowling club area. It was good timing, his stupidity resulted in a goal at the other end and he got to watch it. Was the only time he imposed himself on the game all day.
Mate if you wish to pick people up on spelling etc , its a good idea to check your own. Were you standing there ?
by Brett
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt Sat 1410

Booney , the site wont allow 4 quotes .

Your recent posts are hilarious . What a shocking display by Port . It whinges about money and take handouts but do nothing to assist. If you whinge your club gets its way. Oh and those coaches boxes ? They are good for spectators. Who designed them ? What a tin pot Franchise . What happened to Port supporters supporting their team? See your few hundred supporters at Unley next hey. Oh , you will get a beer in the ground which supports the club. ;)

Young liberal was the best though lol
by Brett
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roy Laird’s last season coaching

Therisingblues don't bring logic into it mate. ;)
by Brett
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V Sturt

Spargo wrote:Has anyone mentioned how many premiership players Sturt have lost/have to come back lately?

Either way more than Glenelg. ;)
by Brett
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Sturt

Lot more posts on here than the Crows and Port thread .
by Brett
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North V Adelaide

Wedgie wrote:
Brett wrote:North Adelaide comfortably

EFA ;)

:D
by Brett
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

The clubs might like it but what about the supporters ? Would be a magnificent atmosphere . Forget a neutral ground but clubs should be rewarded with home finals . To me its a no brainer . Gate receipts can be shared and catering profits can be weighted in favour of the home club. Plus it is a much better look on TV .
by Brett
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vale Robert Oatey

Passed away aged 77 . Famous name and a lovely bloke.
by Brett
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

stampy wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Jesse White has been surprisingly good

been great all year if you have been following them

The most dominant ruckman all year . I thought he finished last year very well and had a great year this year. Took him a half a season to get used to it last year.
by Brett
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

blueandwhite wrote:Douglas maybe headed to the Western side of town......

With a job at the club .
by Brett
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:latest money is Port

You will get it eventually :lol:
by Brett
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can someone explain this whole Marquee player situation ? Was it a Port whinge initially ? Why has it become so complicated . Have a list and deal with it . Marquee players lol
by Brett
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finance Troubles

Try reading my comment more carefully before you attack . I wouldn't have sacked him after a premiership . I never said that however I would have have said we are parting ways a few years back.
by Brett
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Could have done a top 20 as recruiting has been pretty good overall.
by Brett
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finance Troubles

I think you're half right Brett. When we were winning, everyone wanted a piece of the action, at the GF after parties there were hundreds of people there that I'd never seen before, most of the people there wouldn't have been members either. As soon as the premierships dried up, the glory seekers disappeared but they'll slink back in when & if we start being successful again, this is the same with every club!
The good news is we will be debt-free in 2021, we're doing things outside of footy to make more money & will be able to do more things once the debt has gone.
There is an air of positivity about the club which happens with change, a new coach & some good recruits will do that.
The good news is I think we've come through our toughest era since the very early days & we haven't "won" a spoon.
All clubs apart from the Eagles that we have met in a GF since 2000 HAVE hit rock bottom & won a spoon & I think this shows just how tough & resilient my club is.
Firstly , thanks for a sensible post without the attack. My concern for Centrals and a couple other clubs is the ones with small supporter bases . Centrals , as agree had a huge following when sucessful but they have gone as maybe not the ones the club wants back anyway. I will get shut down for this as well but West , South and Eagles have a small supporter base. Interestingly 3 of those clubs were very wealthy in the Pokies time. That has now gone. You must as a club embrace members and find other revenue streams. Im glad the Dogs are .
by Brett
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Matches 2020

Just checking There is a virus going around.
by Brett
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Clubs need a big backer as well as donations. If they don't have that and in trouble, they won't survive. I must say I'm not surprised by Centrals slide. That decade has actually come back to bite them IMO. Too many jumped on that didnt really follow footy I think and then jumped off.It would be great if they came back to the fold to help Centrals out.
by Brett
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic