Search found 54 matches

Return

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

locky801 wrote:A Grand final for the archives. Great game of footy,

40,000 people as well

Great advertisement for the game

Time now to hit the piss ;)

Well said . Im sick of the anti SANFL comp mob. Its a great competition and we should embrace it not run it down .Well done Chooks.
by Brett
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Well written. This gender driven female issue is gone mad. Its not a new phenomenon though as its been going on for a decade or more. All the sudden the AFL introduced a Female Football League and states followed ( as good kids do) . The standard is not great at all. Then we had to have female commentators . Sorry but they are as bad as some male ones . I thought Sam Lane on comments was good but my point is with the sudden influx was stupid . I am very balanced on this . I wont watch or listen to Andy Maher as he is woeful , so its about quality. Its not about gender. I think the best Kindy teachers and early Primary School teachers are Female. I reckon Females are way better at certain jobs than males. That is just how it goes.
We are all different , cant we just accept that ?
by Brett
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New naming rights sponsor for Elizabeth Oval

Booney wrote:
Brett wrote:
Booney wrote:Maughan Thiem Kia Oval
X Convenience Oval
Flinders University Stadium
City Mazda Stadium
Coopers Stadium
ACH Group Stadium

Peter Motley Oval
Alberton Oval
Prospect Oval

I assume the gap in between is because those 3 ovals arent sponsored ?

Correct.

Sturt has an oval sponsor .
by Brett
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Isnt it good for the SANFL ? Didn't you want a bridge ? God some are so conservative . Its a 128 room hotel. That is will destroy other hotels lol
by Brett
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

Yawn . Anyone would think they an extra player on for a quarter ! Move on . North won and then backed it up the following week. Simple.
by Brett
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

gazzamagoo wrote:
DOC wrote:Oops. Cheney is 29.

not him.

Is that you Big Phil ?
by Brett
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

The AFL put a lot of money into the Womans league and it would be interesting to see how much . Dont forget the indirect costs involved . The womans comp is a joke IMO. Its people too concerned about knocking the minority.
by Brett
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Female Footy

I was waiting for it ! Good luck to females who play footy . Go for it . On tonight news was a female footballer complaining they only get paid 13k per season yet some AFL men get 50k a game . Its gone mad seriously. Want equal money then play a whole season and people have to pay to watch it. I wonder what SANFL players feel about this .
by Brett
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

This whole thing stinks but no one has a solution.Its money based and for South supporters to whinge about not getting a fair go is ridiculous. From a Government spend you pay $1 a year to play on the oval. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
by Brett
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All clubs have released the same Email I believe.
by Brett
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - Live scores, results & comments...

Groucho wrote:You must admit it wasn't good and there wasn't anything positive to be taken out of it.

You sound like a Glenelg supporter . Sling it when you lose but jump on when you win. :lol:
by Brett
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles v Port Sat 1410

Just have no marquee player I reckon. Each club has a squad of players so go for it. Its a load of croc as is the mid season draft . If clubs cant select the right players then look at the recruiting staff.
by Brett
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crowds

The article mentions Port Magpies . Its very clear its about the SANFL. How much spin and crap does this mob talk. Lowest AFL crowd at AO last week.

The facts are Port SANFL crowds are poor .
by Brett
Thu May 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt Sat 1410

When did he cause the umpire to take it off Sturt while they were lining up for goal for abusing the umpire?

Im trying to decipher this.

I was establishing a time line for little man Hansons dummy spit. It wasn't after he flew for a mark that he trudged down into the rooms.

One of your blokes was lining up for goal, Hanson was carrying on to the umpire, the ball was taken off you and he was dtagged, subsequently he had an official come from the bench and take him away from the bowling club area. It was good timing, his stupidity resulted in a goal at the other end and he got to watch it. Was the only time he imposed himself on the game all day.
Mate if you wish to pick people up on spelling etc , its a good idea to check your own. Were you standing there ?
by Brett
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt Sat 1410

Booney , the site wont allow 4 quotes .

Your recent posts are hilarious . What a shocking display by Port . It whinges about money and take handouts but do nothing to assist. If you whinge your club gets its way. Oh and those coaches boxes ? They are good for spectators. Who designed them ? What a tin pot Franchise . What happened to Port supporters supporting their team? See your few hundred supporters at Unley next hey. Oh , you will get a beer in the ground which supports the club. ;)

Young liberal was the best though lol
by Brett
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roy Laird’s last season coaching

Therisingblues don't bring logic into it mate. ;)
by Brett
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V Sturt

Spargo wrote:Has anyone mentioned how many premiership players Sturt have lost/have to come back lately?

Either way more than Glenelg. ;)
by Brett
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Sturt

Lot more posts on here than the Crows and Port thread .
by Brett
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North V Adelaide

Wedgie wrote:
Brett wrote:North Adelaide comfortably

EFA ;)

:D
by Brett
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Elimination Final - Sturt v Norwood

The clubs might like it but what about the supporters ? Would be a magnificent atmosphere . Forget a neutral ground but clubs should be rewarded with home finals . To me its a no brainer . Gate receipts can be shared and catering profits can be weighted in favour of the home club. Plus it is a much better look on TV .
by Brett
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vale Robert Oatey

Passed away aged 77 . Famous name and a lovely bloke.
by Brett
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

stampy wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Jesse White has been surprisingly good

been great all year if you have been following them

The most dominant ruckman all year . I thought he finished last year very well and had a great year this year. Took him a half a season to get used to it last year.
by Brett
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

blueandwhite wrote:Douglas maybe headed to the Western side of town......

With a job at the club .
by Brett
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:latest money is Port

You will get it eventually :lol:
by Brett
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can someone explain this whole Marquee player situation ? Was it a Port whinge initially ? Why has it become so complicated . Have a list and deal with it . Marquee players lol
by Brett
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finance Troubles

Try reading my comment more carefully before you attack . I wouldn't have sacked him after a premiership . I never said that however I would have have said we are parting ways a few years back.
by Brett
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Could have done a top 20 as recruiting has been pretty good overall.
by Brett
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finance Troubles

I think you're half right Brett. When we were winning, everyone wanted a piece of the action, at the GF after parties there were hundreds of people there that I'd never seen before, most of the people there wouldn't have been members either. As soon as the premierships dried up, the glory seekers disappeared but they'll slink back in when & if we start being successful again, this is the same with every club!
The good news is we will be debt-free in 2021, we're doing things outside of footy to make more money & will be able to do more things once the debt has gone.
There is an air of positivity about the club which happens with change, a new coach & some good recruits will do that.
The good news is I think we've come through our toughest era since the very early days & we haven't "won" a spoon.
All clubs apart from the Eagles that we have met in a GF since 2000 HAVE hit rock bottom & won a spoon & I think this shows just how tough & resilient my club is.
Firstly , thanks for a sensible post without the attack. My concern for Centrals and a couple other clubs is the ones with small supporter bases . Centrals , as agree had a huge following when sucessful but they have gone as maybe not the ones the club wants back anyway. I will get shut down for this as well but West , South and Eagles have a small supporter base. Interestingly 3 of those clubs were very wealthy in the Pokies time. That has now gone. You must as a club embrace members and find other revenue streams. Im glad the Dogs are .
by Brett
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Matches 2020

Just checking There is a virus going around.
by Brett
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Clubs need a big backer as well as donations. If they don't have that and in trouble, they won't survive. I must say I'm not surprised by Centrals slide. That decade has actually come back to bite them IMO. Too many jumped on that didnt really follow footy I think and then jumped off.It would be great if they came back to the fold to help Centrals out.
by Brett
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:
Brett wrote:Any news on the Dogs fundraising effort.Last we heard was 50k.

$60,600 Brett.

That is another 10k on top which is good. The renewal of the sponsor is also good news. Its good to hear most club members are sticking by their club from what I hear.
by Brett
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great news for Centrals.
by Brett
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port wont be part of it as they will need the AFL lifeline as they did the SANFL.The SANFL does not need to be restructured IMO. The League competition will change but I think back to a 9 team fixture with the Crows just fielding a lot of top up players.

It will 100% only be 8 teams this year, there is no way anyone on an AFL list will be able to mix with the plebs from the SANFL with their quarantine hubs they will set up.
If we are lucky that will continue into next season

We know one thing. The AFL taking over Ports finances means they are gone.I bet the AFL regret it now. They (port) bleed money and want handouts.

I see the AFL being smaller league after all this.Some franchises will need to go and it will make footy better if they are serious about a national game.
by Brett
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good interview with Kris Grant and must say I hate how all radio stations end with ...."well we are right behind you so if anything you want just let us know". lol Its tripe. I agree with Kris Grant as I feel after all this the SANFL will be better and I have no doubt all 8 clubs will survive.

AFL lists will reduce which will make State leagues stronger. Pity it took a Pandemic for the AFL to work it out.
by Brett
Fri May 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Former Port player Aidyn Johnson and former Crow Hamish Latchford signed with Sturt.
by Brett
Sat May 23, 2020 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like any other year. Keep who you want obviously. Nothing changes at this point. Gazzamagoo.
by Brett
Mon May 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ABC news reported that both Adelaide and Port Power intend to participate in the SANFL next year. I cant take any satisfaction out of the AFL teams being removed from the league until it is a league decision. That is when we will know the SANFL is keen to stand on its own and we may just get a diversified Australian Rules football landscape.
Considering the PAM have left the SANFL and they want to return next season, should they be made to pay a license fee like A/Crows as they will be a new entity.?
They may want to return but will the organisation who runs them allow it ? If they get the nod they should obviously pay and I think its time the fee is raised.
by Brett
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2020

*BUMP*

Round 1 - Adelaide Oval

Saturday June 27th

Central District v Sturt @ 11:50am

Woodville West Torrens v South Adelaide @ 2:40pm

Sunday June 28th

North Adelaide v West Adelaide @ 12:00pm

Glenelg v Norwood @ 3:00pm

I reckon Centrals should wear the guernsey we wore way back in the amateur league.

Recognise your history.
by Brett
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RIP Mark Naley

Very sad to hear of his passing. Great player .
by Brett
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Glenelg v North 1410 Glenelg

Oh sweet geezus we have HIM commentating the game, why oh why. And the chick. I might have to go to the pub I think.

Was just going to post, does anyone know if we have a radio option for this game? Why do they have the commentators so loud, they're terrible anyway but surely they can turn it down by half and let us hear the crowd a bit more. If anyone knows anyone in charge of the digital pass here, get the word out. It's not just this game it's every one, way too loud compared to the ground noise.
Its not the volume its just the commentators .They are poo. He has absolutely no idea. Kept saying about no one knows how much time has gone? WTF Does he realise we see it on the screen? Tells us something he is going to say and doesn't say it? 21 mins into a quarter says it is deep into the last quarter . The list goes on . The worst was when he spoke of Bradley and after repeating his names in that terrible voice referred to him as Braddles and tried a segway into Mark Naley. "Speaking of Braddles sad to hear the passing of Mark Naley". Oh get off mate its embarrassing. Cant the SANFL attract some commentators for the Pass ? Maney by far the best.
by Brett
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUNDS 8-12 FIXTURE

Yep all teams get them.
Lets hope next year a 21 round season somehow works as I think 14 is too short. Play each other 3 times .
by Brett
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL CEO Jake Parkinson Announces Resignation

When there is a mix of Glenelg ,Norwood , North, Sturt and the old Port side you will get over 35000 at a GF.
by Brett
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think a 2021 season topic should be introduced. That is going to very interesting.

Why would anyone want no Reserves ? That is ruining the game even more .

The whole structure of footy is wrong IMO and has been for years. Once the so called AFL was introduced it should have changed and changed to make footy better. But as we all know its was about saving Vic clubs and back door deal with Port.
It should be now an AFL comp and with less teams. ( we all know that). Lists should be reduced and the drafted age lifted to 20 . That simply strengthens the state leagues and doesn't lose players after being swallowed up in a horrible system.
I dont want AFL reserves in . They add nothing. But if the Power and Crows want to join then the SANFL either says no or demand a huge licence fee. Im sure the AFL would have nowhere to go on that .
by Brett
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 9 Glenelg v South ACH Stadium 2:10 PM

Sanfl are to blame with that considering they are controlling Glenlgs finances. I blame the SANFL.
by Brett
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Centrals seem to really be improving. Not a great list and a few getting on but have some good young players coming through.
by Brett
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Its a Norwood V South thread ?
by Brett
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Slow learners down the Bay? A few Glenelg supporters spent the entire game in the outer drinking while standing. While I think it’s a stupid regulation especially when drinking outside, I’m not sure any SANFL club can afford one fine let alone two. Glenelg didn’t seem to have the security presence or Covid regulating seen at other grounds.

Centrals had their chances in the last quarter and probably should have won. Good signs for next year if we can keep the team together.

Yeah Glenelg Football Club have done it very poorly.

Some interesting comments before as well. I have noticed not as much commentary.

Centrals look on the right track.
by Brett
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

End of a more important era at Centrals with Holden no longer major sponsor.
by Brett
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |