Re: Central V Glenelg

Its the Bays Premiership to lose
by mots02
Sun May 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spilt Round, Glenelg V Port

Brett wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Shoukd be a good crowd, Cosi gave away 500 tickets and North and South fans/officials/players there for the girls grand final.

Playing one of lower crowd pulling teams though.

Not if you count Adelaide Oval, they're right up there.
by Magellan
Sun May 26, 2019 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg v North Mon 1410

Well, you picked Sturt by 15 goals against Charlie Dixon and the Power 2's.
How did that work out?
I think you'll find my prediction for this game to be pretty close.
P,S I also picked North to win last year's flag, halfway through.
Bays are RED HOT!
by therisingblues
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt Sat 1410

stan wrote:This is becoming a strange thread.

These are strange times.
by StrayDog
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, FFS! Just give the Bays the Cup now!
Dominating everyone, everything.
Is there anything they can't do?
by therisingblues
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

therisingblues wrote:Oh, FFS! Just give the Bays the Cup now!
Dominating everyone, everything.
Is there anything they can't do?

Lost only once in their last 15 games, Everyone else is playing for 2nd
by JK
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Woodville West Torrens

therisingblues wrote:Here come the Eagles!

Only to disappear in the finals once again
by Jim05
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Woodville West Torrens

Different coach this year.
I thought Norwood disappeared in the GF last year.
Worst and most pathetic effort I have ever seen by a Legs team at Norwood in 60 years.
Tooooooooo many front runners.
Seen plenty of worse efforts at Norwood but yes today was totally unacceptable and 2 weeks in a row we have pretty much given up.
On current form we are a very real chance of wasting another season as I just can’t see where our next win will come from

Norwood have the most talented squad in the league, fish stinks from the head.

Or rots, even... ;)
by Spargo
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roy Laird’s last season coaching

Roy is a giant of the SANFL. This will be as disciplined, respectful and considerate a change of coach as anyone could wish for.
by Al22
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to Roy Laird on an unbelievable run, the SANFL will be much poorer without him.

Would love to see him employed by the SANFL in some aspect, he would sort out those that are a cancer to the league in no time.

Cancer, really! A hideous disease that effects us all and should never be spoken about out of context. Appalling, over-dramatic :(
Your first post was to complain about this becoming an "AFL whinge thread', yet you're doing more to make it that than any other person posting here.
Roy's stance on the AFL was admired by all of us, and fittingly, will be brought up in his own tribute thread.
P.S. as defined in the dictionary: a cancer is "an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate."
I think Norwood 8 is spot on, and Roy would agree also.
by therisingblues
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port V West

I agree . Really annoys me when people do that .
by RB
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port V West

Me to . Plus speling erors and bad gramma like when peeps put in comars instead of other stuff!!!!!!!!

Port by 119 points
by DOC
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

30 year service to the club the

Pretty decent effort!!!
by whufc
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Sturt

36 years. PFFFTTTT.

Have some respect.

We are South Adelaide, Lord of the unsuccessful.
by DOC
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Norwood

I would.

I have no shame in saying I envy all you other blokes.
by DOC
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North V Adelaide

Brett wrote:North Adelaide comfortably

EFA ;)
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood V South

DOC wrote:We are fifth and you are sixth.

92 point margain.

Yeah not a great result but I’m not really too concerned at our junior results as they fluctuate every year. Any half decent U18 shouldn’t be playing in the U18’s anyway, I’d rather them play league or reserves
by Jim05
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles V Central

12 goals to 3 after half time! Are we sure the 'Dogs didn't have an extra player on the field? ;)
by Magellan
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port V Glenelg

Brett wrote:Should be another win and will secure the minor Premiership. How many were there you think mate ?

2496 apparently
by Spargo
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V Port

All aboard . You would think that supporters know when their team is playing and where . Its been a little while now that the team named first is the home team. Surely you guys are members of your club . Apologies for those passionate supporters who don't know when their team plays next . Ohhhhh dear.

I know where and when my team is playing, I don't know where and when all the other teams are playing.

Good on you for getting threads going though.
by Booney
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next games

Brett, you keep doing what your doing, maybe take a few things on board like the round or date in the title but that's about it.

You keep getting the discussion going. At least your having a go a getting some traffic going.

I'm not sure if your crazy or what but you are an entertaining individual so you just keep doing what your doing.
by stan
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles V Sturt

Brett wrote:When was the last time since they merged that the Eagles missed the finals ? It must be a huge worry for them supporter base wise . They have been so good for so long , what will happen if they drop away like other clubs have over the years .

2008 I think
by Jim05
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V Port

Coffin nailed shut. Feels like a real waste of a season. That was tough for you guys today, like a few weeks ago with us you got them when they were loaded up. They won't be as strong as that soon.

True, we didn't have much luck with the "AFL Reserves Lottery" this time around, and losing to the professionals sh*ts me no end. But we've been on the slide for a couple of months now, and just 1 win from the 8 games v STU/PA/NWD/WWT suggests we're not a finals calibre side in 2019.

Professionals :lol:
Just coz you got $5k golf clubs doesn't make you a good golfer.
Maybe give every other player in the SANFL a set of $5k clubs and full time lessons and come back to all of us :lol:
by Spargo
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V South

Can you put all that info in the thread subject for easy reference please? Ta.
by Pseudo
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals

LMA wrote:He's saying in the first week of AFL finals (Sept 5-8) there's a chance that Adelaide will play on Thursday night. If Adelaide reserves play on Sunday arvo there's only 4 days between games.

Bad luck.
by Jim05
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt v Norwood Sunday 1.40pm Unley

Booney wrote:The Range Rover Moleskin Liberal Party Cup.

Funny. I drive a Ford Transit Custom and I've voted ALP all my life. Strange the type of people who gravitate to football clubs.....
by knowledge
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - West Adelaide v Norwood

Brett wrote:First 5 Doc . Walsh commentating so time to turn the sound down.

Six Brett
by DOC
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

2,600..... should have been 6-7,000 min . for what Roy has given those supporters.

Poorly promoted by the club, not to mention the no presentations for the last game of the year.
In other words, a crowd equalling the last standalone of both the Woodville and Torrens clubs in 1990, and two to three times larger the last standalone SANFL game of its most successful club at Glenelg in 2013. I was at the latter, and saw first hand what the final siren meant to the Port people there that day.

Not marketed at all, mainly because Roy did not want a Big Deal. The pulling of Presentations certainly disappointed many. Did it effect the attendance? Not sure.
We can only speculate, but if the above is any indication, then the Club was always going to be pushing poo up an incline to get a more 'respectful' size crowd considering the fixture - let alone anything close to the above, irrespective of the nature of the occasion in the Club's history.

The so called "Family Friendly" outer, which tends to be populated by more opposition fans than locals, had fewer of them than usual, hard to get a sense of occasion out there at all unfortunately. (By contrast, one group of non regulars on the outer wing couldn't contain their man-crush on Nick Gillard once the margin was over 10 goals into the last, but I digress).

Proud as punch to have been a part of the 3/4 time on-field crowd sendoff for Roy as he left the field.
by StrayDog
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon it all started when Ken Eustice took over.
It just took a while to come to fruition.
by Wedgie
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 1st Semi Final - Crowserves v Norwood

Norwood should put a 19th man on for shits and giggles.
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 1st Semi Final - Crowserves v Norwood

Only think worse than Norwood today is Peter Walsh’s commentary on the digital pass!
by am Bays
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 2nd Semi Final - Glenelg v Powerserves

Booney wrote:Both suspended.

Port challenging both suspensions - surprise, surprise.
I bet they both get off...
by Spargo
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 2nd Semi Final - Glenelg v Powerserves

People also seem to be forgetting Frampton was charged with 2 separate striking charges from the game.
Pity they missed his other 4-5 snipes during the match.
by Spargo
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Port Adelaide FC chairman David Koch says it will be “bittersweet” to line up against “good Port boys” Luke Partington and Luke Reynolds when the club takes on Glenelg in the SANFL grand final.
Kochie told FIVEaa Breakfast on Monday:

“How good is it going to be! It is one of the great clashes. Both clubs haven’t won a flag for over 20 years so it will be really historic for both.

“Glenelg has seven AFL players on their squad, which is handy. For us it’s a bit bittersweet having Partington and Reynolds play for the Bays -- good Port boys -- but under the SANFL rules we couldn’t fit them into ours.

“We wish them all the best and have a great game as well.”

No David, Glenelg have zero AFL players in their squad, because they are an SANFL team.

Lol, more delusional spin.
by Spargo
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="mots02"]Port Adelaide FC chairman David Koch says it will be “bittersweet” to line up against “good Port boys” Luke Partington and Luke Reynolds when the club takes on Glenelg in the SANFL grand final.

[i]“How good is it going to be! It is one of the great clashes. "Both clubs haven’t won a flag for over 20 years so it will be really historic for both."

Didn't Port win a flag in 2004?
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide FC chairman David Koch says it will be “bittersweet” to line up against “good Port boys” Luke Partington and Luke Reynolds when the club takes on Glenelg in the SANFL grand final.

[i]“How good is it going to be! It is one of the great clashes. "Both clubs haven’t won a flag for over 20 years so it will be really historic for both."

Didn't Port win a flag in 2004?
:lol:
I had a Port supporter on here burst a blood vessel when I asked for clarification on this exact point.
Next flight for "who-gives-a-shits-ville" about which version of Port's history we are supposed to nod at and make noises as though we are impressed. Just give them some soft toys to play with so they won't hurt themselves and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter how confused they are.
by therisingblues
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aidyn Johnson can only be replaced by an AFL player, according to Lokan at the press conference. That leaves Frederick, Pudney and Grundy as options.

So the SANFL forces the AFL clubs to play 4 top ups in the finals so they're not "too" good, but they're not allowed to play more than 4 top ups if there are 17+ AFL players available. Makes sense. More than 4 players actually trying to win is too much of an advantage I guess.

If you don't like it, there's the door and take the Crows with you.
by Groucho
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to both sides.
If the Bays win I hope their supporters get the same feeling of elation we had when North won the league last year.
If the Power win I hope their supporters get the same feeling of elation we had when North won the reserves last year.

I'll be watching the first half in between serving people drinks, might catch the 2nd half while being on the other side of the bar.
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Where are you Spargo?

I want to come and show you my guernsey.

Fair play to you Booney, to wear a reserves team's jumper shows some commitment. Best of luck with that elusive first premiership for your club today.
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the risk of sounding like one of those old blokes.. this Port Adelaide organisation is a disgrace.

Growing up loved watching the Magpies, played with aggression and ticker - none of these blokes out there play for the jumper or the club. None are willing to genuinely put their body on the line and head over the ball.

Just a bunch of over paid athletes playing a system and looking like a side that couldn’t care what the outcome is.

Really many of us SANFL purists have been dead against these concept of AFL reserve teams in our comp since day one.

Still to this day some of the PAFC supporters think this AFL Reserves side is a true Magpie side some really have NO idea.

Unfortunately the real Port Adelaide Magpies played their last SANFL game back in September 2013 at the Glenelg Oval many a black and white tear was shed that day.

For a AFL Power Reserves side to make THREE Grand Final appearances in six years is just not right.

The SANFL heirachy have totally FAAARKKED up our competition.

Ahh and bring back the true old Magpies who played for the jumper with spirit guts determination ferocity tenacity etc.
by Apachebulldog
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:Power starting to build a nice record at Adelaide Oval

Almost the most fans they’d played in front of all season
by Brodlach
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had a few errands to run today on my day off and made the mistake of going down Port Rd to get to Supercheap and witnessing that the chimney was no longer red and white.
Must admit though they've done a better of the Bays colours than they did Norths, I think mainly because of the way they did the Vee it never looked quite right.

Maybe the painters are Eagles fans

The elderly shouldn’t be on ladders that high...
by Spargo
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Would love to know the last time David Koch actually went to an SANFL game.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Wedgie wrote:Rumours have been around for a while that Josh Carr might be moving to Freo.
Players meeting today at 5.30pm. :?

Shit.
by Magellan
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Worst kept secret ever, Jacob Surjan announced as Norths new coach.
Was the only choice.

All North supporters are very happy.[/quote]

Was an interesting interview. Basically Said he had to listen and put up with the way Josh coached and now he can do it his way[/quote]

Do tell . What was your part in the interview ? A lot posting in the know ? Thought those days have gone ?[/quote][/quote]

Had no part in the Interview. Saw it on the news
by hollywood7477
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It appears that the Dogs may be close to nabbing a son of an AFL legend from Wagga, a quick mid who has played ressies at Sydney.

I hope he plays more than 1 season with us.

Also hope he is good enough to be one of our best players but not good enough to be stolen by the Offal (AFL) or worse Norwood.
I can hear them opening the safe at Norwood as we type. No salary cap and can speak , lure players from all the other clubs whether contracted or not..

Whinging this far out from the season, gotta be a record even for you. Remember the days when you guys just got shit done rather than boo-hooing in the corner :lol:

Not sure the money would be coming from the club safe!!!!!!!!!!
I think its an absolute bloody joke what Norwood have been getting away with for years....and there arent too many outside of Norwood who would disagree.
by blueandwhite
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It appears that the Dogs may be close to nabbing a son of an AFL legend from Wagga, a quick mid who has played ressies at Sydney.

I hope he plays more than 1 season with us.

Also hope he is good enough to be one of our best players but not good enough to be stolen by the Offal (AFL) or worse Norwood.
I can hear them opening the safe at Norwood as we type. No salary cap and can speak , lure players from all the other clubs whether contracted or not..

Whinging this far out from the season, gotta be a record even for you. Remember the days when you guys just got shit done rather than boo-hooing in the corner :lol:
by JK
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brett wrote:
Spargo wrote:Don’t tell me Sturt have lost more premiership players...

Relevance ? Who is talking about Premiership players ?

The arrogance after 1 flag in a third of a century and tallying a massive 5 with 2 in 2 years . :lol:

:lol: “arrogance” :lol:
I’m still partying.
by Spargo
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |