Search found 80 matches

Return

Re: 2021 Player movements

Maybe St Peters have a more educated way of spreading the paper bags around. Prob a lot of clever accountants, and lawyers in that team.
by whybother
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final Eagles v South

It's a closely held secret, but I am told that he has two.
by whybother
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

I think that a great deal of credit should go to the backroom boys & girls who gathered together a bunch of good (and maybe under-rated) players from diverse sources to give Sheedy the resource he needed to create Eagles2020.
by whybother
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

Do you guys know no boundaries with your wishful thinking?
by whybother
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Joseph Sinor named Club Champion 2020 at last night's Eagles dinner. Hayes #7 (Nick) off to Victoria next year. Poole now unrecognisable without his "trademark" long hair and beard. The little Viking is no more.
by whybother
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"They seem to have a strange outlook on footy and are a interesting supporter base . Not many of them and it seems a lot have no idea. I think its an old Torrens thing myself "

Please leave old Torrens supporters alone. We have suffered greatly over the years.
by whybother
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just goes to show how finely balanced this year (and premiership) was. A "pure" balanced 2 x 7 game season, without AFL reserves muddying the program, and a covid free finals season. Could have been thrown into disarray at any time.
by whybother
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

I can but dream (not wishing actual covid on anyone, just the potential fear of it). A "nice" balanced season of 2 x 7 games without AFL influence, shorter if it must be, has great appeal to me.
by whybother
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID

" I'm going to book in to Tom's Court Hotel for a week. "

I admire your dedication to the cause. Don't forget to visit the SANFL Commission with a personalised report on your study tour.
by whybother
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID

"We just waltzed back in!

Really? Mozart or Strauss?"

To my knowledge, Mozart never wrote any waltzes. That was definitely the Strauss family territory. Just raising the tone here.
by whybother
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Changing the topic a little. Anyone else think the headline

"SANFL to tackle mental health head on"

is a little bit weird, considering the concern for concussions etc
by whybother
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Glenelg v WWT Saturday 1610

Weather forecast for Sat is a cool and maybe wet change. So wind prob coming from SW (Brought to you by BoM)
by whybother
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Eagles v North Sunday 2.10PM

I just watched a replay of Eagles Vs NA. Pity "commentator" Darren Jarman doesn't know that he is there to report the game and not barrack. Also that Jack (No 12) Hayes' brother Nick played footy in Victoria yesterday, and given 3 picks he couldn't get the Bob Quinn Medalist in his list.
by whybother
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Eagles supporters should just be thankful that Angus Poole was safely tucked away on the sidelines with an injury
by whybother
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 Eagles v Port Saturday 1435

I thought that the purpose of AFL reserve side in SANFL was to train/nurture young players on the way to AFL glory. So they are they playing/played old 30+ players with no AFL future? Yesterday there were 3 in that category, which could have allowed 3 much younger community top up players to get SANFL experience. Oh yes, I forgot. They want some silverware for the cabinet. Its been a long, long time since the dusty cups had some companions.
by whybother
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see from the Eagles website that "Aussie" the long-time raffle ticket seller and AFL Record seller has recently passed away. Another character gone from the game, and sadly a very loud voice silenced.
by whybother
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 1335

If we move the League to 10am and the Reserves to 9am, we can all be home with our cups of hot choccy by 3. (I think that this is sarcasm)
by whybother
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 South v Eagles Saturday 1335

Does SA need a new reality coach? In today's Sunday Mail he is quoted as saying: I thought we were the far superior team for three and a half quarters, despite winning only one quarter by 1 point, and scoring zero in the last quarter. The aim of the game is to score more than your opponent.
by whybother
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Norwood v Eagles Saturday 1410.

There seems to be a "calmness" with the Eagles under Sheedy. Even behind, like yesterday and GF2020, they keep on keeping on, and stick to their game plan. It seems to work
by whybother
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 WWT v Adelaide Sunday 2.10

Is it a bit strange that this game clashes with Crows in Melb? Would constrain their reserves etc. Not that I really care.
by whybother
Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 WWT v Adelaide Sunday 2.10

This sort of day makes a mockery of "crowd attendance" figures
by whybother
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

The Eagles lost the last minor round game 2020 to Centrals at Elizabeth, and then went on to win the GF. I wouldn't mind history repeating itself.
by whybother
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Agree Mr Ferret with all you say. I think that the Eagle's recruiting team have done a fantastic job in getting together last years team, and then replacing half of them to finish (probably) second this year with a percentage just a fraction off Glenelg's that haven't lost a game.

And finals can bring out a different attitude to the game from the home & away season.
by whybother
Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R19 Eagles v Centrals Sat 2.10

Oooops, the Reserves table changed a bit since I last looked. So that means Eagles play Sturt for the 6th time this year. The boys must be getting quite chummy by now,
by whybother
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

She is the daughter of Aaron Spelling, producer and director of the classic 1959 TV western Wagon Train a boon to us all.
by whybother
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 finals series

So you think someone actually follows the AFL seconds teams ???!!
by whybother
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Should this player be asked to pay 30 pieces of silver to rejoin ?
by whybother
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 finals series

It seems to be the standard MRP practice these days...a $125 fine and a reprimand. At the time it seemed to be a non-productive footy action, not gaining anything and losing a team mate's possession. He would need to be careful of white line fever against the Bays.
by whybother
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

....yep, and a medal too
by whybother
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2nd Semi Final Bays v Eagles

Huh ? That has to win the prize for the most obscure post of the year
by whybother
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some days are just about perfect. Now I must remember to check my X lotto ticket.
by whybother
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You know absolutely what you will get from Firns....toughness and competitiveness. I wouldn't want him to be kicking for the winning goal from 40 metres out though.
by whybother
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

"That's surprising, looking at the tickets online it looks like only a few sections left to select, unless they're waiting until those sections get filled before opening up more"

Ticketec is not a friendly ticket system
by whybother
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Eagles GF team/squad is now on the Eagles site. It looks like it will be changed suitable to the weather on the day. A bit of a surprise to me is the inclusion of Von B...he hasn't set the world alight in recent weeks, in my opinion. But he is tall.
by whybother
Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To paraphrase the great Malcolm Blight: the race to a premiership is not a sprint but a marathon. And look what happened at Marathon, it was a massacre.
by whybother
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Best & Fairest Winners

Surely for Eagles it will be Tsitas vs Hayes. How do you choose? I hope that it is a tie.
by whybother
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the one week anniversary of the glorious October 3, does anyone know if the 2022 Anzac Day rematch of E vs G will be played at Woodville or AO ? I want to book my tickets now.
by whybother
Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And who knows ? Success breed success. The reported 50 applications to come and play with the Eagles could toss up some beauties. Whatever happened to that 200+ cm ruckman who was coming to the Eagles before Covid struck?
by whybother
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was it a full flush, or just two half flushes?
by whybother
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

So does the "new" rule mean that we now have a 25m penalty for a full on frontal bump and a 50m penalty for a wiggle on the mark ??
by whybother
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely the Eagles aren't going with just 3 new recruits for 2022? Whatever happened to the supposed 50 applications from a few weeks back?
by whybother
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has Seb actually come back to the Eagles?.....or was he lazing by the pool i n the sun in Darwin, and the Eags just said for him to have a run.
by whybother
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is why I get rather sad when "good" SANFL players get "promoted" to the AFL to end up playing a fringe role, or in the VFL. The SANFL club officials all seem keen on them going, all for the players good I suppose, but never seem to reflect on how it affects their own planning etc for their club's season.

Their attitude cements the idea that the SANFL is a second tier comp, with the purpose of propping up the AFL.
by whybother
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial matches

Thank you
by whybother
Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK. Thats the first game isnt it?
by whybother
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe true SANFL followers should establish a go-fund-me type of slush fund to pay any potential fill in AFL players a "tidy sum" to stay true to the local comp
by whybother
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think that Luke P and the recruiting committee deserve premiership medals for the way in which they have "assembled" the Eagle teams of the past two years. So maybe a triple is not too far fetched.
by whybother
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More respect for the Reigning Premier please
by whybother
Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

as anyone mentioned Dixon according to the Advertiser he had a great game lmao do Port run the paper
He didn’t look that good to me kicked 1 goal 2 points

Never criticise your opponents poor choices. My fear yesterday was that with his size etc, he would burst out and kick 10 goals. But it shows how PA regard the local comp, deliberately playing with 1/2 a player less.
by whybother
Sun May 08, 2022 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |